"Zonakin" vs Sidious (Sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Anakin (Invisible Hand "Zonakin"wink vs. Rots Sidious

Sabers only

UCanShootMyNova

Ursumeles
This is a legit queston, despite your Anakin hate, lmao.
Anakin destroyed Dooku worse than Yoda did.
---
That being said, I go Sheev.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Ursumeles
This is a legit queston

No, it's really not.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
No, it's really not.
Yes, it really is.
Also nice how you didn't responded to the other part of my post, lol.

Rebel95
This is a legit queston, despite your Anakin hate, lmao.
Anakin destroyed Dooku worse than Yoda did.
---
That being said, I go Sheev.
I don't hate Anakin lol he's my favorite character along with Vader

UCanShootMyNova
No, it's really not.

The other part of your post being a biased look at a circumstantial fight without acknowledging the circumstances of the other one.

In other words, I didn't feel it was worth my time you dolt.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Rebel95

thumb up Same.

I do however despise Anakin wank.

Ursumeles
Didn't you said shortly ago, that you didn't think that Yoda held back in his fight with Dooku? Also, that Zonakins performance was better than Yoda's is true. I mean, I think non-holding back Yoda/Sidious > Zonakin, but the gap isn't vast, lol.
Originally posted by Rebel95
I meant Syn lmao.
And yes Syn, I know that you like him as Character, but I refer to his stand as duelist/character.

Rebel95
I meant Syn lmao.
Oh, my b

Ursumeles
stick out tongue

Rebel95
I think in sabers only Anakin would have a shot at winning, if he performed like he did against Dooku

Ursumeles
I agree, but I still would favor Sheev, like I said.

Rebel95
Agreed

UCanShootMyNova
Didn't you said shortly ago, that you didn't think that Yoda held back in his fight with Dooku? Also, that Zonakins performance was better than Yoda's is true. I mean, I think non-holding back Yoda/Sidious > Zonakin, but the gap isn't vast, lol.

I meant Syn lmao.
And yes Syn, I know that you like him as Character, but I refer to his stand as duelist/character.

He held back in the sense that he didn't want to kill Dooku if he didn't have to but if he could have incapacitated or disarmed Dooku he would have. And no, by easily intercepting every attack thrown his way and not moving an inch in the junior novelization and completely outclassing Dooku in AotC is a better performance then Anakin's. On Vjun where Dooku was amped Yoda drove him back just as Anakin did the only difference being that he had been injured prior and he was also hindered by a darkside nexus.

And that's without covering the circumstances of Anakin's duel with Dooku.

I don't hate him as a duelist either. Heck in canon I think he's one of the GOAT duelists. I really just hate to see him overrated to all hell. It takes away from my enjoyment of the character honestly.

TenebrousWay
I'd say canon favors Anakin.

Rebel95
One of the things that bothers me is when people take statements like him being the most powerful force user ever and use it in vs threads when it's just referring to his potential.

Kurk
Too circumstantial. A standard mindset Sidious could lose a majority while a desperate all-out Sidious might not

DarthAnt66
Hm, I'd lean Palpatine slightly.

MythLord
Palpatine, but in an exceptionally close fight.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by MythLord
Palpatine, but in an exceptionally close fight.

Azronger
Palpatine.

SunRazer
Palpatine wins. Anakin competes in terms of raw ability with a lightsaber, but Sidious has edges in other areas (ie. technical mastery, mindset, dun moch, etc.)

relentless1
Sidious. Dooku lost to Anakin specifically because his fighting style was weak against Anakins. Sidious doesnt have that problem, plus at that point he is still stronger than Anakin in the Force so there no way Ani can beat Sidious at this time. Had Vader even 6 months to a year as a Sith without Mustafar injuries I'm sure he'd beat Palpatine quite handily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.