Exar Kun vs Count Dooku (Sabers Only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who wins? smile

Ursumeles
Dooku, good match.

MythLord
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Dooku, good match.

nfactor1995
Dooku

UCanShootMyNova
Exar Kun. Great match.

Rebel95
Not sure, what are Kun's best dueling feats?

darthbane77
Dooku wins. Kun was a great swordsman sure, but I attribute most of his victories to his weapon being unfamiliar to his opponents during the time. He was the first to use a saberstaff, and so he had an advantage over anybody he fought. Fast forward 4000 years, a saberstaff is a rather common thing in comparison to Kun's or Revan's time, meaning the Jedi and Sith of Dooku's day would be well versed in how to defend against such a weapon, or at least have a good idea of how to do it. So Kun no longer has his advantage with his lightsaber, and when faced against a duelist of equal standing without his unique weapon (enter Ulic Qel-Droma) Kun is exposed as being no legendary master swordsman; but somebody of Ulic's level at most (which isn't bad by any means, he's just not absolutely amazing is all.) Whereas Dooku IS a legendary swordsman.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by darthbane77
Dooku wins. Kun was a great swordsman sure, but I attribute most of his victories to his weapon being unfamiliar to his opponents during the time. He was the first to use a saberstaff, and so he had an advantage over anybody he fought. Fast forward 4000 years, a saberstaff is a rather common thing in comparison to Kun's or Revan's time, meaning the Jedi and Sith of Dooku's day would be well versed in how to defend against such a weapon, or at least have a good idea of how to do it. So Kun no longer has his advantage with his lightsaber, and when faced against a duelist of equal standing without his unique weapon (enter Ulic Qel-Droma) Kun is exposed as being no legendary master swordsman; but somebody of Ulic's level at most (which isn't bad by any means, he's just not absolutely amazing is all.) Whereas Dooku IS a legendary swordsman. Ulic is also a legendary duelist.

Even with a single saber, his skills are legendary.

Deronn_solo
Kuns breaks him down.

Trocity
Kun.

Jmanghan
Agreed, Kun.

Azronger
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Dooku, good match.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Ulic is also a legendary duelist.

Even with a single saber, his skills are legendary. I was under the impression that Ulic wasn't a top tier swordsman. Any quotes for it?

Ursumeles
I was under the impression that Ulic wasn't a top tier swordsman. Any quotes for it?
He is a damn good duelist, but he's canonically inferior to TPM Dooku.

AncientPower
Exar Kun with medium difficulty.

TenebrousWay
Either way, tbh.

DarthDuelist9
Yeah Dooku, just more skilled

Geistalt
Dooku wins. Kun was a great swordsman sure, but I attribute most of his victories to his weapon being unfamiliar to his opponents during the time. And his sheer Force strength. It wasn't his skill that destroyed Vodo's Forcestaff.

AncientPower
Vodo, a master of quarterstaff combat is unfamiliar with Exar Kun's saberstaff, because he used it like a quarterstaff. Top notch logic.

Geistalt
Originally posted by AncientPower
Vodo, a master of quarterstaff combat is unfamiliar with Exar Kun's saberstaff, because he used it like a quarterstaff. Top notch logic. It wasn't the fact that it was a saberstaff that broke Vodo-Siosk's Forcestaff.

If you don't get what I'm saying by now, you're blind. But go ahead. Wank your lord and savior Exar Kun as unparalleled for his time in both sabers and Force strength.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Geistalt
And his sheer Force strength. It wasn't his skill that destroyed Vodo's Forcestaff. It wasn't.

But he was beating Vodo the entire time.

Unfamiliarity with a weapon should never be an excuse.

Someone with a cortosis weapon could beat someone easily with a lightsaber.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Someone with a cortosis weapon could beat someone easily with a lightsaber.

Just like Shadday Potkin...that didn't seem to save her from Vader.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Just like Shadday Potkin...that didn't seem to save her from Vader. I'm saying that its certainly POSSIBLE, if the person is skilled and powerful enough.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Geistalt
It wasn't the fact that it was a saberstaff that broke Vodo-Siosk's Forcestaff.

If you don't get what I'm saying by now, you're blind. But go ahead. Wank your lord and savior Exar Kun as unparalleled for his time in both sabers and Force strength.

Except for the numerous quotes stating Vodo never stood a chance in that combat, rendering any argument disputing Kun's superiority as a swordsman moot.

carthage
Not like it matters considering Dooku's beaten better Swordsmen than Vodo lmao

AncientPower
As if your opinion matters.

Kun wrecks Dooku any day of the week.

Geistalt
As if your opinion matters.

Dooku wrecks Exar any day of the week. Fixed.

AncientPower
Cancer.

TheMuser
Except for the numerous quotes stating Vodo never stood a chance in that combat, rendering any argument disputing Kun's superiority as a swordsman moot.

Those Quotes would be helpful to see. I wasn't able to find them myself.

AncientPower
Well beaides the fact he was defeating Vodo numerous times in dparring matches:

He's stated to be 'no match' and to have not stood a chance against Exar Kun:

In-case I see an appeal to unorthodoxy, keep in mind Exar Kun weilded his saberstaff as he would a quarterstaff:

Which is precisely what Vodo used:

Jmanghan
!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.