Loki vs. Symbiote Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: H2H Only
Round 2: Loki gets his spear

Who wins?

https://desertwords.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/tom1.jpg

vs.

http://pm1.narvii.com/6063/ace597a2bd745ee4a85903396dde227520f65e1c_hq.jpg

h1a8
Spider-man

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by carthage
Round 1: H2H Only
Round 2: Loki gets his spear

Who wins?

https://desertwords.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/tom1.jpg

vs.

http://pm1.narvii.com/6063/ace597a2bd745ee4a85903396dde227520f65e1c_hq.jpg

not Symbiote Spidey

Arachnid1
Spiderman. Stronger and faster by a wide margin. Loki won't tag him.

Loki has better durability though.

FrothByte
Loki is fast enough to catch an arrow without looking. Spidey is still faster but Loki should be fast enough to eventually tag him. What was Spiderman 's best strength feat?

TheVaultDweller
Well, I could swear that I read somewhere that one of those old Roosevelt trams (like Spiderman held in the first film, with one hand) weighs about 10 tons, even without passengers but, for the life of me, I can't find the source anymore, so not sure how legit that number was.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by FrothByte
Loki is fast enough to catch an arrow without looking. Spidey is still faster but Loki should be fast enough to eventually tag him. What was Spiderman 's best strength feat? The train feat from 2 and the tram from 1 (I agree I've seen the math done out like Vault, but for some reason google won't bring it up, which is bs; I'll put in more effort to find it a little later, I'm in a bit of a hurry at the moment) although Symbiote Spiderman was supposed to be stronger (I don't remember any feats that flat out prove this though).

Loki tagging Spidey before Spidey puts him down seems a bit unlikely to me. Worst comes to worst, he could just web him up for a ten count

carver9
Spiderman stomps.

BruceSkywalker
been a while since I saw Spider-Man 3 . can someone remind me what all Black Spidey did other than dance because I do not remember hi doing much else

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
The train feat from 2 and the tram from 1 (I agree I've seen the math done out like Vault, but for some reason google won't bring it up, which is bs; I'll put in more effort to find it a little later, I'm in a bit of a hurry at the moment) although Symbiote Spiderman was supposed to be stronger (I don't remember any feats that flat out prove this though).

Loki tagging Spidey before Spidey puts him down seems a bit unlikely to me. Worst comes to worst, he could just web him up for a ten count

Loki is bulletproof though and has way better durability. So although I don't doubt that Spidey is stronger and can land multiple hits to every single one of loki's, I'm not sure if Spidey can knock him out that easily. Loki's daggers can easily cut through Spidey's webbing and mess Spidey up pretty bad.

Though h2h should go to Spiderman.

h1a8
Spidey ripped an iron (or steel) firehydrant to beat Sandman.
The original Spidey broke a huge ass reinforced cable cord in two. That was in the range of 10-40 tons.

h1a8
Loki is bulletproof though and has way better durability. So although I don't doubt that Spidey is stronger and can land multiple hits to every single one of loki's, I'm not sure if Spidey can knock him out that easily. Loki's daggers can easily cut through Spidey's webbing and mess Spidey up pretty bad.

Though h2h should go to Spiderman. Loki is definitely more durable. But not against blunt force by a lot. He was koed by being slammed into concrete. Concrete isn't that hard. Being bulletproof should make concrete resemble cardboard.

And I remember Loki getting a mark on his face when being shot. The mark went away quickly though.

Silent Master
When was Loki KO'd?

FrothByte
Originally posted by h1a8
Loki is definitely more durable. But not against blunt force by a lot. He was koed by being slammed into concrete. Concrete isn't that hard. Being bulletproof should make concrete resemble cardboard.

And I remember Loki getting a mark on his face when being shot. The mark went away quickly though.

Loki was never KO'd, and Spidey is not in Hulk's strength level. Doesn't matter if it's just concrete, it's the amount of force you hit it with that matters. After all, you can break every bone in your body if you hit water hard enough.

Adam Grimes
Peter dances him to death.

TheVaultDweller
And then cries about it. stick out tongue

FrothByte
I'd say Peter takes it h2h and Loki wins with weapons.

TheVaultDweller
I'm wondering how illusions would do versus spider sense.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'm wondering how illusions would do versus spider sense.

I don't think spider sense will tell Spiderman which one is real. It will just tell him if he's about to get attacked. It might tell him which direction the attack is coming from, though I'm unsure.

TheVaultDweller
I don't think spider sense will tell Spiderman which one is real. It will just tell him if he's about to get attacked. It might tell him which direction the attack is coming from, though I'm unsure.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Like if there were 20 Lokis surrounding him, his spider sense probably won't be able to pick out which is the real one. But, if they attack, his senses might tell him which direction the actual threat is coming from.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
When was Loki KO'd? koed doesn't mean unconscious, it means the 10 count. As in boxing, win by ko.

h1a8
Loki was never KO'd, and Spidey is not in Hulk's strength level. Doesn't matter if it's just concrete, it's the amount of force you hit it with that matters. After all, you can break every bone in your body if you hit water hard enough. The concrete koed Loki. If Loki was extremely durable then the concrete should have felt like soft fluffy bed.

Silent Master
koed doesn't mean unconscious, it means the 10 count. As in boxing, win by ko.

This isn't boxing.

FrothByte
The concrete koed Loki. If Loki was extremely durable then the concrete should have felt like soft fluffy bed.

So why do you think tsunamis are able to completely demolish buildings? Isn't concrete a lot harder than water?

Silent Master
So why do you think tsunamis are able to completely demolish buildings? Isn't concrete a lot harder than water?

Notice how h1 is glossing over Hulk's involvement?

TheVaultDweller
The concrete koed Loki. If Loki was extremely durable then the concrete should have felt like soft fluffy bed.

So, if it had been Captain America, for example, instead of Hulk, doing the slamming, do you think it would have had the same level of effect on him?

h1a8
So, if it had been Captain America, for example, instead of Hulk, doing the slamming, do you think it would have had the same level of effect on him?

It shouldn't have hurt him period, no matter who did it. I question his durability after that.

FrothByte
It shouldn't have hurt him period, no matter who did it. I question his durability after that.

I noticed how you keep glossing over my water example.

Arachnid1
That's kind of what I was thinking. Like if there were 20 Lokis surrounding him, his spider sense probably won't be able to pick out which is the real one. But, if they attack, his senses might tell him which direction the actual threat is coming from. In SM1 he dodged flashes punch perfectly after his Spidey sense allowed him to assess everything around him without looking like a flying spitball and paper airplane. In SM2, there was that diner scene where he knew a car was coming from behind and dodged accordingly with MJ in hand. It seems like he's able to tell a direction with it.

TheVaultDweller

That's not what I asked you. Because you seem to be completely ignoring who was actually doing the slamming, and the enormous amount of force they've been shown to be able to exert, and just focusing on one element of the scenario. Nice dodge though.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Arachnid1
In SM1 he dodged flashes punch perfectly after his Spidey sense allowed him to assess everything around him without looking like a flying spitball and paper airplane. In SM2, there was that diner scene where he knew a car was coming from behind and dodged accordingly with MJ in hand. It seems like he's able to tell a direction with it.

Yeah, well that is in line with what I was thinking. Like I said, it might not necessarily tell him exactly "Loki number 3 is the right one", but should they attack, and therefore threaten his well-being, his sense would say, "Okay, the real danger is coming from that specific direction. The rest is just a distraction.", for example.

BruceSkywalker
;Loki wins by default.. Black suited Spidey has no feats except dancing

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
;Loki wins by default.. Black suited Spidey has no feats except dancing

He's going to intimidate Loki with his creeper-face.

https://65.media.tumblr.com/1b7ff4da9227683aaabae56a852b04d7/tumblr_inline_obxdk9g36q1u8z21b_500.gif

h1a8
Harder and more durable are two different things.

Water is more durable than concrete.
With enough water and pressure, water can destroy steel.

h1a8
That's not what I asked you. Because you seem to be completely ignoring who was actually doing the slamming, and the enormous amount of force they've been shown to be able to exert, and just focusing on one element of the scenario. Nice dodge though. So being slammed into a giant comfy bed by Hulk would actually ko a human? Or being slammed into a bunch of foam would actually ko a human?

TheVaultDweller
So being slammed into a giant comfy bed by Hulk would actually ko a human? Or being slammed into a bunch of foam would actually ko a human?

Still dodging the question. Hulk slamming a human into a bed, with the same level of force he was slamming Loki, would most likely destroy the bed and kill the human. And by all means, prove that being extremely durable means concrete would would feel like "foam" to said individual, considering one is a solid substance whereas the other has a degree of elasticity and give to it. Once you do that, and actually answer my question, I will continue addressing yours.

Nibedicus

Getting -stunned- by getting slammed has very little to do with one's skin being bulletbroof. Do your reasearch pls.

FrothByte

Ah, so now it is "with enough pressure". So why can't it be the same with concrete? With enough force a concrete block can KO Superman. Heck, if a piece of styrofoam hit you at 300 mph it's still going to hurt you like crazy.

FrothByte
So being slammed into a giant comfy bed by Hulk would actually ko a human? Or being slammed into a bunch of foam would actually ko a human?

Yes, Hulk slamming a human full force into a comfy bed would kill a human.

TheVaultDweller
Yes, Hulk slamming a human full force into a comfy bed would kill a human.

His example is also flawed for another reason. An increase in personal durability won't miraculously make a totally different object change from being stiff and rigid (concrete) to being supple and elastic (a bed mattress).

h1a8
Still dodging the question. Hulk slamming a human into a bed, with the same level of force he was slamming Loki, would most likely destroy the bed and kill the human. And by all means, prove that being extremely durable means concrete would would feel like "foam" to said individual, considering one is a solid substance whereas the other has a degree of elasticity and give to it. Once you do that, and actually answer my question, I will continue addressing yours. I said a giant bed. Think huge.

My analogy is not to be taken literally, but in spirit.
If someone is bulletproof or far durable than a human then natural stuff to them will feel significantly weaker to them than to us. Concrete to some characters should be like cardboard.

h1a8
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Getting -stunned- by getting slammed has very little to do with one's skin being bulletbroof. Do your reasearch pls.

Loki's entire body is extremely durable. The skin is the one of the weakest part of him. Muscles, bones, etc are much more durable.

Silent Master
Loki being durable doesn't make the ground softer or the Hulk weaker.

Nibedicus
Loki's entire body is extremely durable. The skin is the one of the weakest part of him. Muscles, bones, etc are much more durable.

Google concussion.

h1a8
Ah, so now it is "with enough pressure". So why can't it be the same with concrete? With enough force a concrete block can KO Superman. Heck, if a piece of styrofoam hit you at 300 mph it's still going to hurt you like crazy.

Some material will simply degrade before hitting you with great velocity. I doubt that a piece of styrofoam would do anything to anyone traveling at 300mph.

The way it broke the concrete broke is highly inconsistent with being bulletbroof. Maybe Loki's suit was bulletproof.

h1a8
Google concussion.

Loki's brain, everything is extremely durable. Concrete breaking has a lot of give and reduces impact force.
If Loki's can get a concussion as easy as colliding with a soft material then Spider-Man can easily ko him.

Either way, you are supporting Spider-Man more.

h1a8
Loki being durable doesn't make the ground softer or the Hulk weaker. Softer to him than to us.

Nibedicus
Loki's brain, everything is extremely durable. Concrete breaking has a lot of give and reduces impact force.
If Loki's can get a concussion as easy as colliding with a soft material then Spider-Man can easily ko him.

Didn't google concussion I see?

Silent Master
Softer to him than to us.

No, the durability of concrete doesn't change based on who is getting slammed into it.

TheVaultDweller
I said a giant bed. Think huge.

If someone is bulletproof or far durable than a human then natural stuff to them will feel significantly weaker to them than to us. Concrete to some characters should be like cardboard.

"Think huge"... Instead of answering my questions (yet again), you're now just throwing out vague wording. And lol... "in spirit".

Your second point is a nothing example, because there are other factors to consider, like thickness. The average human can easily tear a single sheet of paper in half (or even a piece of cardboard), but how many can tear a 6 inch stack in half? And, on top of that, the concrete fared a lot worse than Loki's body did (2 large craters vs some superficial cuts and scrapes).

Anyway, until you actually bother to answer my original question, I am done responding to you.

TheVaultDweller
No, the durability of concrete doesn't change based on who is getting slammed into it.

Based on his logic, having enhanced durability gives you the magical power to change the characteristic of the surface you are being slammed into.

Also, notice how he makes a blanket statement of "Loki colliding with soft material", while, again, ignoring the Hulk's involvement. The way he words his posts, it's like he is saying that Loki tripping and falling onto a concrete floor would have the same effect.

Silent Master
Based on his logic, having enhanced durability gives you the magical power to change the characteristic of the surface you are being slammed into.

It's funny how he suddenly doesn't care about how things work IRL, it's almost like his standards change based on who he wants to win.

FrothByte
Some material will simply degrade before hitting you with great velocity. I doubt that a piece of styrofoam would do anything to anyone traveling at 300mph.

The way it broke the concrete broke is highly inconsistent with being bulletbroof. Maybe Loki's suit was bulletproof.

I don't think i've ever met anyone in these forums with as deluded an understanding of physics as you do. One day I hope I get to hit you repeatedly in the head as hard as I can with a pillow and prove to you how just how wrong your theories are. I'll even let you choose the fluffiest, softest pillow you can get

TheVaultDweller
It's funny how he suddenly doesn't care about how things work IRL, it's almost like his standards change based on who he wants to win.

Well, he completely ignored the example I posted in another thread, where a woman survived (without any injury) something in a comicbook film that would have been fatal to her in real life.

FrothByte
I said a giant bed. Think huge.

Correct. And you can still seriously hurt someone with cardboard if they hit it with enough force.

TheVaultDweller
Correct. And you can still seriously hurt someone with cardboard if they hit it with enough force.

That's the issue I have with his argument. He is completely ignoring the role force of impact plays. It'd be like saying that there is no difference between a 1 story fall and a 5 story fall, providing you hit the same surface when you land.

Nibedicus

Pretty much this.

FrothByte
That's the issue I have with his argument. He is completely ignoring the role force of impact plays. It'd be like saying that there is no difference between a 1 story fall and a 5 story fall, providing you hit the same surface when you land.

Exactly.

BruceSkywalker
He's going to intimidate Loki with his creeper-face.

https://65.media.tumblr.com/1b7ff4da9227683aaabae56a852b04d7/tumblr_inline_obxdk9g36q1u8z21b_500.gif

that shouldn't intimidate Loki lol

h1a8
No, the durability of concrete doesn't change based on who is getting slammed into it. who said it did? Stay off the drugs kid.

h1a8

I don't think so. Anyway, assuming this is true then the cardboard would be damaged significantly. The concrete wasn't.

I don't think i've ever met anyone in these forums with as deluded an understanding of physics as you do. One day I hope I get to hit you repeatedly in the head as hard as I can with a pillow and prove to you how just how wrong your theories are. I'll even let you choose the fluffiest, softest pillow you can get

Concrete breaks. If Hulk supplied sufficient force to ko Loki then the concrete should have been vastly more damaged.

"Think huge"... Instead of answering my questions (yet again), you're now just throwing out vague wording. And lol... "in spirit".

Your second point is a nothing example, because there are other factors to consider, like thickness. The average human can easily tear a single sheet of paper in half (or even a piece of cardboard), but how many can tear a 6 inch stack in half? And, on top of that, the concrete fared a lot worse than Loki's body did (2 large craters vs some superficial cuts and scrapes).

Anyway, until you actually bother to answer my original question, I am done responding to you. What's your question?
The concrete wasn't damage well enough. Very small craters. Weak shit.

FrothByte
I don't think so. Anyway, assuming this is true then the cardboard would be damaged significantly. The concrete wasn't.

Guess you haven't watched the movie. The concrete was most definitely damaged quite a bit.

Silent Master

Lol!!!!!

TheVaultDweller
Guess you haven't watched the movie. The concrete was most definitely damaged quite a bit.

He's also apparently developed short-term memory loss, and the inability to skip back two pages in a thread, seeing as I asked him a very simple yes/no question, not very long ago, on page 2 of this discussion.

TheVaultDweller
that shouldn't intimidate Loki lol

I don't know, man. He kind of looks like a sexual predator in that shot. laughing

BruceSkywalker
I don't know, man. He kind of looks like a sexual predator in that shot. laughing

true.. true....

Hey H1, take 90 seconds out of your life and watch this....

this is Loki being slammed into the concrete by Hulk..

gouq9_TbSe0

TheVaultDweller

gouq9_TbSe0

This clip is actually a perfect example of the difference force of impact makes. Notice the lack of damage to the surface (and himself) when he lands at around 0:34 in comparison to the state of the surface after getting slammed by Hulk.

Inhuman
true.. true....

Thats Loki after getting an explosive arrow blow up in his face, then tackled by Hulk then sent flying back and hitting a wall with great force. Then getting slammed multiple times by Hulk into the concrete. Still wasnt KO'ed.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Inhuman
Thats Loki after getting an explosive arrow blow up in his face, then tackled by Hulk then flying back and hitting a wall with great force. Then getting slammed multiple times by Hulk into the concrete. Still wasnt KO'ed.

It also disproves H1's blanket statement of Loki simply colliding with a specific surface (without acknowledging the force of the impact) being enough to KO him, as he took the initial landing without any real issues. If H1's statement held true, that initial landing should have given him a "concussion".

Nibedicus
Don't even know where h1 is getting his "it's not too impressive" BS.

Flooring concrete can have strength from 2500-5000 psi. Yes, 1-2 tons per square inch.

To shatter an area like that in a single hit via compression would be in the hundreds of tons at least.

h1a8
Don't even know where h1 is getting his "it's not too impressive" BS.

Flooring concrete can have strength from 2500-5000 psi. Yes, 1-2 tons per square inch.

To shatter an area like that in a single hit via compression would be in the hundreds of tons at least. The force was spread, that means each inch of Loki witnessed up to 2 tons of force. Think of a bed of nails. It's not about the total force that kills you but the force per square inch.

A sledgehammer could do similar damage to concrete. Just another way to show that the hundreds of tons estimate is incorrect.

h1a8
true.. true....

gouq9_TbSe0

I saw the clip 10 times before I even posted once about the concrete koing Loki. Keep up.

Nibedicus
The force was spread, that means each inch of Loki witnessed up to 2 tons of force. Think of a bed of nails. It's not about the total force that kills you but the force per square inch.

You still haven't googled concussion, I see.

Loki (while limp) was slammed into concrete with sufficient force to generate hundreds of tons of force (closer to a thousand).

Now when you finally research what a concussion means, come back and argue with me.

h1a8
You still haven't googled concussion, I see.

Loki (while limp) was slammed into concrete with sufficient force to generate hundreds of tons of force (closer to a thousand).

Now when you finally research what a concussion means, come back and argue with me.

I know what concussion is. I addressed your concussion remark on 1st street. Keep up.

And I just killed your silly 100 ton theory above

Nibedicus
I know what concussion is. I addressed your concussion remark on 1st street. Keep up.

From your comments? No you don't. Now go back and do your required reading before you try and debate with ppl so you don't waste ppl's time.

No you didn't as your idea of how a concussion works is wrong thus your entire premise is flawed.

h1a8
I bet you don't even know how I replied to your concussion remark. Prove me wrong.

Silent Master
I saw the clip 10 times before I even posted once about the concrete koing Loki. Keep up.

So what you're saying is that you lied about the concrete not being damaged significantly?

Nibedicus
Didn't say you were wrong. I said the entire premise of your argument is wrong.

Did you google concussion yet?

What is a concussion and what are the ways one may get it?

h1a8
Didn't say you were wrong. I said the entire premise of your argument is wrong.

Did you google concussion yet?

What is a concussion and what are the ways one may get it? so you don't know what my reply was? If you read it then you know I addressed the concussion remark perfectly.

Silent Master
so you don't know what my reply was? If you read it then you know I addressed the concussion remark perfectly.

So what you're saying is that you lied about the concrete not being damaged significantly?

Nibedicus
so you don't know what my reply was? If you read it then you know I addressed the concussion remark perfectly.

Nope. Read it. Premise was wrong.

Answer my questions and you will get my point. Now what is a concussion and how does one go about getting it?

Stop weaseling.

h1a8
So what you're saying is that you lied about the concrete not being damaged significantly? It wasn't damaged sufficiently enough to hurt a supposedly bulletproof character. That was my argument. Keep up.

h1a8
Nope. Read it. Premise was wrong.

Answer my questions and you will get my point. Now what is a concussion and how does one go about getting it?

Stop weaseling.

So a concussion has nothing to do with the brain? Did you really read my reply?

Silent Master
It wasn't damaged sufficiently enough to hurt a supposedly bulletproof character. That was my argument. Keep up.

No it wasn't, see below.

Nibedicus
So a concussion has nothing to do with the brain? Did you really read my reply?

I did. Cept that if you knew how concussions work, you wouldn't be mentioning the hardness of the surface he impacted.

Try again.

Now answer my question.

h1a8
I did. Cept that if you knew how concussions work, you wouldn't be mentioning the hardness of the surface he impacted.

Try again.

Now answer my question.

That wasn't my reply to your concussion remark. I specifically mentioned how Loki shouldn't get a concussion in response to your concussion remark. You never rebutted it.

Nibedicus
That wasn't my reply to your concussion remark. I specifically mentioned how Loki shouldn't get a concussion in response to your concussion remark. You never rebutted it.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Conceding now?

h1a8
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Conceding now?

I said that Loki's brain should be very durable to not get a concussion from that feat. If not then Spider-Man can easily ko him.

My comment about the soft material was in regards to how much damage the concrete had. It wasn't enough.

Nibedicus
I said that Loki's brain should be very durable to not get a concussion from that feat. If not then Spider-Man can easily ko him.

My comment about the soft material was in regards to how much damage the concrete had. It wasn't enough.

The brain being durable part is right but the premise is wrong. Good god. Just answer my questions and I will explain why.

Stop weaseling.

FrothByte
The force was spread, that means each inch of Loki witnessed up to 2 tons of force. Think of a bed of nails. It's not about the total force that kills you but the force per square inch.

A sledgehammer could do similar damage to concrete. Just another way to show that the hundreds of tons estimate is incorrect.

Your reasoning is upside down. You're correct that the force was spread, but note that it would be easier to break concrete if the force is concentrated. Which means for Hulk to have broken concreted using Loki (a lot more surface area than a sledgehammer), Hulk would have needed to apply tremendous amounts of force.

h1a8
The brain being durable part is right but the premise is wrong. Good god. Just answer my questions and I will explain why.

Stop weaseling.

That's not a rebuttal. Do you even know how to debate? You have to explain why the premise is wrong.

Nibedicus
That's not a rebuttal. Do you even know how to debate? You have to explain why the premise is wrong.

Tsk tsk. Already told you an explanation is forthcoming once you answer my question. Yet all you do is dodge dodge dodge and project. You are such a waste of time to talk to.

Y'know, your insults would have more bite if you actually had any credibility. But you don't. So now you're just making me laugh.

laughing

h1a8
Tsk tsk. Already told you an explanation is forthcoming once you answer my question. Yet all you do is dodge dodge dodge and project. You are such a waste of time to talk to.

Y'know, your insults would have more bite if you actually had any credibility. But you don't. So now you're just making me laugh.

laughing I rather you just rebut my premise. That way it's a direct and more efficient debate. I do know what a concussion is, so trust that any terms you use about the subject I will understand.

That's why I specifically mentioned brain durability BEFORE mentioned soft material.

Nibedicus
I rather you just rebut my premise. That way it's a direct and more efficient debate. I do know what a concussion is, so trust that any terms you use about the subject I will understand.

That's why I specifically mentioned brain durability BEFORE mentioned soft material.

You do not get to chose how ppl rebut your so-called "points".

Answer or just concede. Don't really care at this point.

h1a8
You do not get to chose how ppl rebut your so-called "points".

Answer or just concede. Don't really care at this point.

I'm not choosing how they do it but I'm choosing that they MUST DO IT. Otherwise they are trolling.

Silent Master
I'm not choosing how they do it but I'm choosing that they MUST DO IT. Otherwise they are trolling.

You don't get to decide what is and isn't trolling.

Sin I AM
Good god..theres so much ownage in this thread. Popcorn material

Nibedicus
There you have it.

H1 refusing to answer and just whining at this point. Guess we're done here.

h1a8
You don't get to decide what is and isn't trolling.

Of course I do. Trolling is well defined. Now a mod can refuse to enforce a warning to those who troll, but that doesn't mean that they didn't troll. I have no problem using the report button.

h1a8
Spidey wins.

Silent Master
Of course I do. Trolling is well defined. Now a mod can refuse to enforce a warning to those who troll, but that doesn't mean that they didn't troll. I have no problem using the report button.

I see that we are back to you claiming that your opinion = fact. you really need to learn the difference.

Nibedicus
The funny thing is. He is accusing me of not addressing his post....

By not addressing my post even tho I assured him that him answering is part of me addressing his post.

Classic h1. laughing

Ascendancy
I love that this guy has yet to present a valid argument in a single thread. Usually I just skip to the last page once I see him show up because I know what goes on in between, but this one was worth the read. Of course, you can't reason with insanity, so I suppose I should never be surprised that the possibilities are endless as to how is 'arguments' can waver. Good stuff.

I'd love to join in and pick some of it apart, but it's not even worth the energy.

Spiderman, for all is dura has been severely wounded and knocked unconscious by things in all of his film appearances that would barely be a glancing blow for Loki. Even with his advanced speed, once Loki gets a hold of him it's going to be a wrap.

h1a8
Originally posted by Ascendancy
I love that this guy has yet to present a valid argument in a single thread. Usually I just skip to the last page once I see him show up because I know what goes on in between, but this one was worth the read. Of course, you can't reason with insanity, so I suppose I should never be surprised that the possibilities are endless as to how is 'arguments' can waver. Good stuff.

I'd love to join in and pick some of it apart, but it's not even worth the energy.

Spiderman, for all is dura has been severely wounded and knocked unconscious by things in all of his film appearances that would barely be a glancing blow for Loki. Even with his advanced speed, once Loki gets a hold of him it's going to be a wrap. What things have severely hurt symbiotic Spidey that would be a glancing blow to Loki. You know that concrete hurt Loki, Cap affected him, iron man affected him, etc. Spidey is a lot stronger than Loki. Spidey is not bulletproof, but that doesn't mean that he can't ko Loki with 5-20 blows. 2nd Spidey is too fast, when his SS is activated he sees even bullets in slow motion. Loki wouldn't be able to hit Spidey. And if they grappled (Loki gets a hold) then Spidey would manhandle him, almost like a rag doll.

Finally, lack of energy means that it takes a lot of energy to pick my arguments apart. Thus they are strong. I always welcome the challenge of picking arguments apart. I do math problems for fun. I'm just different I guessed

Silent Master
What things have severely hurt symbiotic Spidey that would be a glancing blow to Loki. You know that concrete hurt Loki, Cap affected him, iron man affected him, etc. Spidey is a lot stronger than Loki. Spidey is not bulletproof, but that doesn't mean that he can't ko Loki with 5-20 blows. 2nd Spidey is too fast, when his SS is activated he sees even bullets in slow motion. Loki wouldn't be able to hit Spidey. And if they grappled (Loki gets a hold) then Spidey would manhandle him, almost like a rag doll.

Finally, lack of energy means that it takes a lot of energy to pick my arguments apart. Thus they are strong. I always welcome the challenge of picking arguments apart. I do math problems for fun. I'm just different I guessed

Then accept King or Nib's BZ challenge.

Nibedicus

No, it just means that you are so dense, explaining basics to you is just not worth the energy expended for most ppl with better things to do.

h1a8
No, it just means that you are so dense, explaining basics to you is just not worth the energy expended for most ppl with better things to do.

I disagree. If my argument can be pick apart very easily then it would be far easier to pick my argument apart (fewer sentences) than it was to type what he did (which was long).

Also, Energy means the ability to do work. So a lot of energy in thinking and typing implies a lot of work.

Nibedicus
I disagree. If my argument can be pick apart very easily then it would be far easier to pick my argument apart (fewer sentences) than it was to type what he did (which was long).

Also, Energy means the ability to do work. So a lot of energy in thinking and typing implies a lot of work.

They do get picked apart, you just don't acknowledge it. That is the waste of time and energy ppl don't wanna go thru.

Silent Master

Which takes more energy, changing the mind of someone that is both smart and unbiased or changing the mind of someone that is extremely biased and only thinks they're smart?

Surtur
Spider-Man has taken blows from people on his level of strength. He's also had some pretty nasty falls and gotten up, though he did seem to be in pain.

He's not more durable than Loki, but he has a speed and strength advantage.

Also what about webbing? Remember, when Eddie had the symbiote he made webs strong enough to easily hold several cars. I doubt Loki could easily break out of that stuff.

Nibedicus
Iduuno. Loki's best durability "feat" had him taking no damage from being at ground zero from a massive explosion.

Also, R1 is H2H only so not sure about webbing.

R2, Loki would have his gear so he might likely just cut thru the webbing.

Surtur
Iduuno. Loki's best durability "feat" had him taking no damage from being at ground zero from a massive explosion.

Also, R1 is H2H only so not sure about webbing.

R2, Loki would have his gear so he might likely just cut thru the webbing.

I assume you mean the Bifrost?

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Surtur

Yap.

Surtur
I'd forgotten he got hit by it, it's possible Spiderman might not be able to hurt him. It's a far better feat than what usually gets brought up, which is his Hulk feat or fighting Thor.

Nibedicus
Yeah he ate it face first and with his mouth open. Lol.

FrothByte
I'd forgotten he got hit by it, it's possible Spiderman might not be able to hurt him. It's a far better feat than what usually gets brought up, which is his Hulk feat or fighting Thor.

IIRC, he got tackled by Hulk through Stark tower, at which point he easily gets up without injuries and starts his monologue.

h1a8
Which takes more energy, changing the mind of someone that is both smart and unbiased or changing the mind of someone that is extremely biased and only thinks they're smart? I gave up on changing people's mind. Nearly everyone here is bias and debates just to win (like this is a game to be won). I'm after truth. Logic and reasoning is king with me. I would rather pick an argument apart just for pure satistifaction (or practice of debating) than to change a bias persons mind.

Finally, we are discussing energy of picking my argument apart, not energy of changing my mind.

h1a8
They do get picked apart, you just don't acknowledge it. That is the waste of time and energy ppl don't wanna go thru.

No they don't. And if so then it wasn't anything easy about. You should know as you have thought of new angles or reasons to try to defeat my argument. I would shut one reason down and you would find another.

Silent Master
I gave up on changing people's mind. Nearly everyone here is bias and debates just to win (like this is a game to be won). I'm after truth. Logic and reasoning is king with me. I would rather pick an argument apart just for pure satistifaction (or practice of debating) than to change a bias persons mind.

Finally, we are discussing energy of picking my argument apart, not energy of changing my mind.

Thank you for proving my point.

h1a8

Weak feat, any meta human would have survived that without much damage. Iron man, Cap, Spidey, etc.

Also that doesn't take away from him being koed against the concrete (concrete wasn't damaged well enough), being affected by Caps hits, Iron Man blasts, etc.

h1a8
Thank you for proving my point.

Actually I proved you wrong. You were talking about changing people's mind, but the discussion was about picking apart arguments. Changing someone's mind has nothing to do with that.

h1a8
IIRC, he got tackled by Hulk through Stark tower, at which point he easily gets up without injuries and starts his monologue.

Spider-Man ripped solid steel with his hands. A weaker version broke a huge ass cable cord in Spider-Man 2.

Silent Master
Actually I proved you wrong. You were talking about changing people's mind, but the discussion was about picking apart arguments. Changing someone's mind has nothing to do with that.

Sure it does, as people have been trying to get you to change your mind( accept reality) about whether or not your arguments have been picked apart.

Sin I AM
hmmmm.......hate to jump in on the ass end of a debate but what exactly could parker do to prevent loki from flash freezing him? I mean he ttok out heimdell mid swing

h1a8
Sure it does, as people have been trying to get you to change your mind( accept reality) about whether or not your arguments have been picked apart. It's not necessary to convince someone in order to pick their argument apart. Those are two separate things.

You can easily pick an argument apart while not convincing a bias person.

h1a8
Originally posted by Sin I AM
hmmmm.......hate to jump in on the ass end of a debate but what exactly could parker do to prevent loki from flash freezing him? I mean he ttok out heimdell mid swing Parker has speed and the ability to see action far slower than a human. Weirdly, he didn't do that to anyone else. Iron man seemed to have his number.

Also the webbing will slow him down.

Nibedicus
No they don't. And if so then it wasn't anything easy about. You should know as you have thought of new angles or reasons to try to defeat my argument. I would shut one reason down and you would find another.

laughing

What a delusional noob.

You and I both know your arguments are sh!t and that your arguments fall under any level of scrutiny.

Else you'd be confidently accepting my bz challenges.

You running every single time is all the proof I (and everyone else) need.

Sin I AM
Parker has speed and the ability to see action far slower than a human. Weirdly, he didn't do that to anyone else. Iron man seemed to have his number.

Also the webbing will slow him down.

"far slower than a human"...WHERE are u getting this from?

Silent Master
It's not necessary to convince someone in order to pick their argument apart. Those are two separate things.

You can easily pick an argument apart while not convincing a bias person.

Yes you do; that is, if you want them to admit that their arguments have been picked apart.

h1a8
Originally posted by Sin I AM
"far slower than a human"...WHERE are u getting this from?

That he perceives action far slower (time appears slower to him)? In several scenes. The first one was when he first got his powers and accidentally pissed off flash Thompson. In the hallway where the lockers were his SS was activated. You see the spitball travel in slow motion, the beating of the flies wings, etc. Even after Parker dodged the punch, he looked back and forth, while the punch was frozen, thinking how is this happening?

Another scene is when Parker dodged the car thrown through the window. There are other scenes too. I thought this was common knowledge though. confused

h1a8
Yes you do; that is, if you want them to admit that their arguments have been picked apart. What? Now you are just trolling. You can pick apart an argument without convincing the arguer.

You are clearly Arguing just to not be wrong. Its sad. At times I do feel you are convinced but resort to trolling so that it don't appear you lost the argument. The only reason to even have a discussion with you is just for practice for the real people that I am going to debate.

h1a8
laughing

What a delusional noob.

You and I both know your arguments are sh!t and that your arguments fall under any level of scrutiny.

Else you'd be confidently accepting my bz challenges.

You running every single time is all the proof I (and everyone else) need.

On my life, I feel my arguments are very strong. If I didn't then no way in hell I would even produce them. Now you can say it's my lack of intelligence of not seeing that my arguments are shit. I'll accept that. But can't accept purposely posting shitty arguments.

I do not do BZ unless it's on fair terms. It has to be 100% clear to what the BZ is about. For example, I will not do a BZ trying to prove Miyagi is faster than Chen or Ip man. Why? Because they are faster visually. But implied speed to be effective in achieving feats is different.

Lastly, a defensive fighter doesn't have to be faster than the attacker to win. A block, dodge, or parry, takes significantly less speed than the attack thrown.

Silent Master
What? Now you are just trolling. You can pick apart an argument without convincing the arguer.

You are clearly Arguing just to not be wrong. Its sad. At times I do feel you are convinced but resort to trolling so that it don't appear you lost the argument. The only reason to even have a discussion with you is just for practice for the real people that I am going to debate.

You know that you're just further proving my point, right?

h1a8
You know that you're just further proving my point, right?

You can pick apart an argument without convincing the arguer. So you were wrong.
Stop trolling already.

Silent Master
You can pick apart an argument without convincing the arguer. So you were wrong.
Stop trolling already.

Are you purposely missing the point or are you just not smart enough to understand?

FrothByte
On my life, I feel my arguments are very strong. If I didn't then no way in hell I would even produce them. Now you can say it's my lack of intelligence of not seeing that my arguments are shit. I'll accept that. But can't accept purposely posting shitty arguments.

I do not do BZ unless it's on fair terms. It has to be 100% clear to what the BZ is about. For example, I will not do a BZ trying to prove Miyagi is faster than Chen or Ip man. Why? Because they are faster visually. But implied speed to be effective in achieving feats is different.

Lastly, a defensive fighter doesn't have to be faster than the attacker to win. A block, dodge, or parry, takes significantly less speed than the attack thrown.

Pretty much every one here feels your arguments are weak, without proof, and full of bias. I say this without meaning any insult. But you usually spout your opinion and claim it as fact without any actual factual basis to back it up. This is why people here don't take your arguments seriously.

Just as an example: You claimed Miyagi can strike at 200 mph. Where did you get that number? You just made it up, yet you keep acting like it's a fact. If you had at least provided some proof of where you got this number maybe people would take you more seriously.

Silent Master
Pretty much every one here feels your arguments are weak, without proof, and full of bias. I say this without meaning any insult. But you usually spout your opinion and claim it as fact without any actual factual basis to back it up. This is why people here don't take your arguments seriously.

Just as an example: You claimed Miyagi can strike at 200 mph. Where did you get that number? You just made it up, yet you keep acting like it's a fact. If you had at least provided some proof of where you got this number maybe people would take you more seriously.

Look up a few posts and read the reason he gives for running away from the Battle Zone.

h1a8

Just as an example: You claimed Miyagi can strike at 200 mph. Where did you get that number? You just made it up, yet you keep acting like it's a fact. If you had at least provided some proof of where you got this number maybe people would take you more seriously. I explained that the number came from the speed of a pellet. The hand is more plushy and elastic and has a larger area. This makes it harder than a pellet. But the hand is more massive than a pellet, which makes it easier. These things should cancel somewhat.

Anyway, I didn't claim that Miyagi CAN strike with 200mph. I claimed that it takes about 200mph to achieve the feat he did. Do you get the subtle difference? I dont take the feat as proof of 200mph hand speed but as proof that he easily has the hand speed to block or parry human level attacks.

Anyway, outside of that, most of my arguments are pretty solid.

BruceSkywalker

What a load of bullshit...

FrothByte
I explained that the number came from the speed of a pellet. The hand is more plushy and elastic and has a larger area. This makes it harder than a pellet. But the hand is more massive than a pellet, which makes it easier. These things should cancel somewhat.

Anyway, I didn't claim that Miyagi CAN strike with 200mph. I claimed that it takes about 200mph to achieve the feat he did. Do you get the subtle difference? I dont take the feat as proof of 200mph hand speed but as proof that he easily has the hand speed to block or parry human level attacks.

Ok well then where did you come up with the numbers to say it takes 200 mph hand speed to break a bottle's neck?

Nibedicus
Arrhhh! Now I feel guilty for being mean during Christmas....

Oh well, gonna ask a mod to delete, if possible.

Merry Christmas, all.

TheVaultDweller

Merry Christmas, all.

Nah, we're just going to call you Scrooge from now on. stick out tongue

Nibedicus
Nah, we're just going to call you Scrooge from now on. stick out tongue

I'm gonna go ahead and blame back injury and pain meds for that.

Ever met a jolly person with a back injury before?!!?

mad

Silent Master
It's true and needed to be said.

TheVaultDweller
I'm gonna go ahead and blame back injury and pain meds for that.

Ever met a jolly person with a back injury before?!!?

mad

Yeah, but they were high as a kite. laughing

You need to ask the doc for the fun pain meds. big grin

Nibedicus
Yeah, but they were high as a kite. laughing

You need to ask the doc for the fun pain meds. big grin

Wife is taking care of me.

She's one of those "pain builds character/grit your teeth and toughen up, cupcake" kinda medical practitioner...

TheVaultDweller
Wife is taking care of me.

She's one of those "pain builds character/grit your teeth and toughen up, cupcake" kinda medical practitioner...

Sounds like a tough lady.

I can't really be critical though. I am one of those "ignore it until it really can't be ignored anymore" types of people. laughing

Impediment

Merry Christmas, all.

I deleted the post as requested.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Impediment
I deleted the post as requested.

Thenk yu. smile

I'll repost it after the New Years.

uhuh

Edit. Merry Christmas, Impy! smile

Sin I AM
What? Now you are just trolling. You can pick apart an argument without convincing the arguer.

Hmmm the only one id give u is the fly beating his wings...and the car crash but thats more a precog feat. Everything else u stated any enhanced combatant would anticipate the same way

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>