So who's seen Rogue One?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
What are your thoughts on it?

Zenwolf
Gonna see it Monday, from what I hear it's pretty good so I'll come back after I see.

darthbane77
It is very good.

The Merchant
It was cool, really liked how the CGI was done for certain characters since this means we'll see some old SW characters returning.

Kurk
I liked it unlike tfa which I wanted to leave after 15 mins

My full thoughts are in the battle bar

relentless1
man that scene with Vader at the end was top notch

quanchi112
TFA was far superior to this.

SunRazer
It was great.

Rebel95
Yeah I really liked it

quanchi112
Originally posted by SunRazer
It was great. What was great about it ?

relentless1
Originally posted by quanchi112
What was great about it ?

Vader, Tarkin, actual guerrilla style war

Darth Thor
Quan hates it cause he jumped wagon on Krennic who ended being Tarkin's b****. He had a theory going in that Krennic was Snoke laughing out loud

Fantastic film. Though not as happy and kid friendly as the other films.

Special effects are truly groundbreaking as Star Wars has always given us in the past (minus TFA).

DarthDuelist9
Great movie, very daring ending and good visual effects. I liked it but perhaps wanted a bit more background investment in the characters (Chirrut, Baze, ...).

SunRazer
They were never going to get much investment, lol.

Azronger
Very good. Felt like wanting to watch ANH immediately after.

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
Vader, Tarkin, actual guerrilla style war Guerilla warfare was well done but I disagree with the rest. Tarkin was duplicitous and stole Krennic's feat. In the end he was killed on the Death Star. Poetic justice.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Quan hates it cause he jumped wagon on Krennic who ended being Tarkin's b****. He had a theory going in that Krennic was Snoke laughing out loud

Fantastic film. Though not as happy and kid friendly as the other films.

Special effects are truly groundbreaking as Star Wars has always given us in the past (minus TFA). False, and false.

TFA was far better but you don't seem to care about the rest and the story as I do. You just seem to care about battles only. This is why you're so in love with this film.

TFA special effects were much better. Vader looked like shit after his bacta bath. Leia also looked bad. Vader's Lightsaber didn't look anywhere near as good as the sabers from TFA.

You're just a superficial fan who believes space battles matter more than the story and the characters. For shame.

#exposed

Lord Stark
What was great about it ?

The Rebel alliance got some depth to it. They went from 'yay we're the band of happy rebels fighting the evil Empire' to 'yeah we assassinate people, and kill inconvenient witnesses.' Also gave way more organizational structure to the Rebellion, explains why there is no large Rebel Fleet in Episode IV. Overall R1 gave some much needed exposition of the relatively simple OT. My only gripe is they completely misused Saw Guerra and the first act was kind of sloppy.

Kurk
Yeah definitely appreciate the new light on the rebellion. Not all fluffy anymore eh?

Anyone else notice the mujaheddin terrorists in the film?

Leagues better than TFA. Sorry master Quan.

Vader looked like a complete ***** at the end the way he was swinging his saber. Hack and slash barbarianism that made Savage look refined.

Kurk
It's nice that we get to focus on the "fodder" characters for once. Star Wars isn't all about force users and who's more powerful in combat. Play Yu-Gi-Oh if that's what you're into.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kurk
It's nice that we get to focus on the "fodder" characters for once. Star Wars isn't all about force users and who's more powerful in combat. Play Yu-Gi-Oh if that's what you're into.

Oh so now that we get a movie strictly about non-force users, now everyone is on board with them...typical.

McP
Great movie. I have no idea, how could Disney do a movie as terrible as TFA, and one year after give as something as great as R1.

Perhaps Abrams is a shitty director after all.

REXXXX
I enjoyed both TFA and Rogue One, but felt Rogue One offered a better story. Special effects looked well done to me. It kept consistent with the logic of the Star Wars universe and storyline, even in the small things, which was an important feature to me.4

Rebel95
Rogue one was more original than TFA that's for sure

McP
Btw it's just me, or K2 was as good as a character as R2, C3PO and Chewie combined?

Galan007
Definitely. thumb up

His was one of the sadder deaths in the film, imo.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lord Stark
The Rebel alliance got some depth to it. They went from 'yay we're the band of happy rebels fighting the evil Empire' to 'yeah we assassinate people, and kill inconvenient witnesses.' Also gave way more organizational structure to the Rebellion, explains why there is no large Rebel Fleet in Episode IV. Overall R1 gave some much needed exposition of the relatively simple OT.

Spot on. Don't expect Quan to appreciate a well told story though. He just wants to see Khan shooting down Vader, and Palpatine saying "All hail our supreme leader Snoke"

Kurk
Yeah I was pretty impressed with K2. I thought he was going to be another Jar Jar Binks character but he was very competent in battle yet offered appropriate comic relief when needed.

No Zenwolf I've always had that mindset.

quanchi112
Spot on. Don't expect Quan to appreciate a well told story though. He just wants to see Khan shooting down Vader, and Palpatine saying "All hail our supreme leader Snoke" This wasn't a well told story. It was a nice drawn out space battle but the characters and the story matters to me. I didn't care for felicity's ersa character. The characters I liked didn't get enough screen time save Krennic.

Control yourself. Khan and the Kelvin films have nothing to do with this. You think Into Darkness stunk I found it amazing. The story, the characters, the action, the dialogue, and the special effects were awesome. Rogue One wasn't terrible it just was decent. It failed in major areas though which are important to me not to you.

McP
Not sure which moment was funniest, but that one when they covered Chirrut's head with that bag, and he said that it's pointless coz he's blind was one of them XD
And yes, that was a good humor, not pathetic one, like Jar-Jar's...

Darth Abonis
It was FANTASTIC

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by SunRazer
They were never going to get much investment, lol.

I just think it would give their sacrifice more value for the viewer, that's all.

Rebel95
Originally posted by McP
Not sure which moment was funniest, but that one when they covered Chirrut's head with that bag, and he said that it's pointless coz he's blind was one of them XD
And yes, that was a good humor, not pathetic one, like Jar-Jar's...
Yeah I actually lol'ed when he said that laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
It was FANTASTIC What is this madness ?

McP
Originally posted by Rebel95
Yeah I actually lol'ed when he said that laughing out loud
that one "i'll there with you" <everyone in the cinema thinks of how cute K2 is, and then he adds "cassian told me to"
That could be funniest as well XD

REXXXX
K2's sarcastic line of humor suited the movie's tone well but still provided laughs. It also made me very sad when he thanked Jyn for the gun and then went down trying to hold off their enemies.

darthbane77
Most of you seem to share my opinions of it as well, cool. Definitely a great movie, and the digital effects used for those 2 characters were pretty damn amazing. Favorite part has to have been Vader's scene at the end. I have to say I was surprised at how Disney ended the movie, pretty ballsy for a Disney license

REXXXX
Nothing too graphic, but I'll admit it certainly had me sinking into my seat.

Trocity
First half of the movie was very meh, second half was great. The story was much better than TFA's. Second half was better than anything TFA had to offer.

However... as a whole, I honestly probably enjoyed TFA more. It felt more like Star Wars, there was just something missing from Rogue One for me.

Enjoyed the film a lot but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Also, LOL @ CGI Tarkin.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by REXXXX
K2's sarcastic line of humor suited the movie's tone well but still provided laughs. It also made me very sad when he thanked Jyn for the gun and then went down trying to hold off their enemies.

Yeah very sad moment.

Originally posted by Trocity

Also, LOL @ CGI Tarkin.

You Lol'ing @ the most advanced and amazing looking photo-realism CGI we've ever had?

That on top of the breath taking space battle should lock this film for best special effects Oscar.

Trocity
I am.

I understand it's pretty much the only way to recreate Tarkin for this movie, but it was straight up unsettling for me to see him and an actual person on the screen at the same time and for him to stick out like a sore thumb like that. I don't care how good the CGI was, it was blatantly obvious and weird to look at, next to actual human beings.

Selenial
No, it wasn't. That's quite a self-cantered view, the majority of the audience at the screening I went to didn't realise he was CGI because unlike us, they weren't aware the original actor had died.

Yes, if you look close enough you can tell, but it wasn't so bad that everyone in the audience could clearly tell he was CGI, and certainly not so bad that it ruined any immersion.

Nephthys
thumb up

Seeing the hyperbole online about it is absolutely perplexing. If I hadn't known about it I couldn't tell. Probably the best CGI I've ever seen.

Darth Thor
My wife had no idea that wasn't a real person.

quanchi112
My wife had no idea that wasn't a real person. laughing out loud

Kurk
Tarkin wasn't an eye sore at all. Leia sort of was.

Trocity
Originally posted by Selenial
the majority of the audience at the screening I went to didn't realise he was CGI

LOL.

Trocity
Originally posted by Kurk
Tarkin wasn't an eye sore at all. Leia sort of was.

Leia looked way more real than Tarkin. Perhaps because she didn't say much, so you couldn't see her mouth move in odd ways.

Kurk
Leia looked autistic not going to lie.

Selenial
Originally posted by Trocity
LOL.

Why is that so difficult to understand? If you don't go into it knowing he's CGI, you don't look for the distinguishing features. I'll admit in his first scene it was clear as day to me, but later on in the film when he was less central to the shots it wasn't difficult to put the CGI out of my mind and see him as a real person.

My husband spotted he was fake, because he knows Peter Crushing is dead, but my brother had no idea mmm

Darth Thor
Of course it's clear to anyone who knows the guy is dead Lol

Wasn't so clear to those who don't remember who Tarkin is and don't know who Peter Cushing was.

Petrus
I'm glad most of my KMC peers enjoyed and very much liked Rogue One. thumb up

Petrus
And yes, I saw it with my gf and she couldn't tell if Tarkin was CGI or not.

The_Tempest
Tarkin's CGI was superb IMO.

carthage
I'm absolutely happy he got as much screen time as he did.

Zenwolf
Just got back! Was pretty good, I have a few minor issues but it was great. Tbh if I didn't know Peter was dead, I would have for sure thought it was actually him.

The same with Red and Gold leaders, they looked pretty spot on.

I also like they acknowledged the Rebellion wasn't all shiny and goody goody, maybe I missed some EU stories but it always bothered me that the Rebellion did nothing bad and always did 100% the right thing all the time to do their mission and fight the Empire. That's completely unrealistic even for SW.

ares834
Red and Gold Leader looked spot on because they were; they used old footage for them.

Galan007
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Tarkin's CGI was superb IMO. Agreed.

Leia's CG seemed a bit off, imo, but Tarkin's was fantastic. thumb up

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
Red and Gold Leader looked spot on because they were; they used old footage for them.

Exactly.

Zenwolf
Tbh though I'm kinda of surprised that every single one of them died. Well....ok maybe not too surprised since it's just a one shot story, but it certainly is very different and there was no "maybe they survived" cliche thing either.

Petrus
Leia's CGI was pretty good too, tbh. Not as good as Tarkin's, but still quite good. Overall, it was a fantastically well done SW film.

Rebel95
The death troopers looked badass

hutchy1345
The whole movie was amazing, especially the battle on three fronts on scarif.
Space battle, best ever
Ground assault, extremely well done
Base infiltration had some tension and comedy as well
That final scene was one of the greatest fan service moments in all of star wars, I mean how long have we been waiting to see that again!!!
Final act was generally top top class, arguably one of if not the best in the franchise
I loved this movie!

Zenwolf
The one thing I didn't really get was, when they were infiltrating the base. No one knew that the two Stormtroopers were gone and that the officer and the inspector were suddenly different in both appearance and height? Cause there was another officer like right at the base door along with some troopers.

I'm sure someone would notice that shaggy head that Cassin had.

The whole praying thing eh it kinda got on my nerves a little bit.

ares834

Zenwolf
I guess, but that shaggy head though...eh it's just one of my minor issues really.

Zenwolf
So Rogue One is done, now there's gonna be a Han Solo and Boba film right? Are those the only other known films?

Emperordmb
I need to make another An Slaughter Timing gif once I can find that Vader scene in high enough quality.

ares834

Zenwolf
Ah, why was the Fett film canceled?

Nephthys
Because Boba Fett isn't nearly as interesting as anyone thinks he is.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Because Boba Fett isn't nearly as interesting as anyone thinks he is.

thumb up

Plus the director shat the bed on F4.

hutchy1345
I think a boba fett movie has lots of potential though, they could do anything but it probably wouldn't be as exciting as people think though I agree
But I still wouldn't mind a fett spin off
Obi wan movie is next on my wishlist
Followed by Yoda
I would also love an old republic netflix show or a war of the ancient sith trilogy or something
Or like episode minus one, two and three
Idk, silly ideas really that just popped into my head but would be cool

Zenwolf
I'm not sure about Yoda, I like that his whole species is a mystery.

Though I wouldn't be opposed to seeing other era movies when they finish up with the ST.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Tbh though I'm kinda of surprised that every single one of them died.

Yeah film had balls.

Zenwolf
Yeah film had balls.

Oh oops! Forgot to spoiler that.

But yeah, that was new.

Selenial
Oh, the one part of the film I didn't understand was that weird truth telling tentacle thing. Seemed bloody irrelevant if you ask me.

carthage
No one asked you

ares834

Darth Thor
Well was a pretty creepy way to get the message across. So was okay for me.

The_Tempest
Oh, the one part of the film I didn't understand was that weird truth telling tentacle thing. Seemed bloody irrelevant if you ask me.

In TVTropes terms, it's the Big-Lipped Alligator moment.

Rogue One definitely had its flaws and that's one of them. Additionally, poor characterization (Saw, Rook), no characterization whatsoever (Baze), and clunky dialogue. Krennic gave a strong start in the opening scene but we didn't spend enough time with him after for him to achieve his true potential.

The Rogues should have been trimmed down to just 5 and Tarkin and Vader should have been the main villains, with disposable episodic baddies in the Death Troopers. Then it wouldn't have been stretched so thin.

Besides these flaws and a jarring first act, the second and third acts make up for it. Very good movie.

Zenwolf
Tbh I'm kinda more curious how they are gonna handle the Han Solo film. I mean we always get the Rebels vs Empire or Good vs Evil, but this film will be something entirely different since this is gonna be Han before he even begins with the Rebels.

We always have some kind of knowledge, whenever we hear the Rebels or Jedi or Empire, we know what it will entail.

But Han Solo? This is gonna be something new entirely, so I'm curious where they are gonna go with it.

Darth Thor
Well after this I'm personally looking forward to further spin off films more than I am the Saga films.

Zenwolf
Tbh I might be too, since they are all gonna be stand alone, there's some crazy avenues they could take.

The_Tempest
Honestly, the Han Solo film just seems like a goddamn misfire. There are better concepts made for an actual movie. Leave that to a comic or a book.

Zenwolf
I'm gonna wait for the trailer before deciding.

Zenwolf
Also one thing that kinda nagged at me, how is an exhaust port a clever weakness? I mean it's one thing to say it can be a weakness, but they said it was a deliberate weakness installed..

I don't really get this, because...an exhaust pipe if looking at a car, is needed to remove unwanted gas and fumes.

Logically, wouldn't the Death Star need exhausts to vent out fumes and gas from the massive reactors and who knows what else?

SunRazer
Tarkin was awesome, yeah. Great to see probably my favorite non-Force sensitive revived for the big screen.

quanchi112
Well after this I'm personally looking forward to further spin off films more than I am the Saga films. Wtf. You say this when the next anthology film is centered around Han freaking Solo ? Trilogy all the way especially given what I saw in Rogue One and that the next film on the docket is Han shit Solo. Hopefully there are good rogues in his film.

Darth Thor
Also one thing that kinda nagged at me, how is an exhaust port a clever weakness? I mean it's one thing to say it can be a weakness, but they said it was a deliberate weakness installed..

I don't really get this, because...an exhaust pipe if looking at a car, is needed to remove unwanted gas and fumes.

Logically, wouldn't the Death Star need exhausts to vent out fumes and gas from the massive reactors and who knows what else?

Yeah but that particular exhaust goes to one of the reactors. And the real weakness Galen installed was the reactors were connected in a way that one hit on any of them would cause a chain reaction destroying the station.

Zenwolf
Yeah but that particular exhaust goes to one of the reactors. And the real weakness Galen installed was the reactors were connected in a way that one hit on any of them would cause a chain reaction destroying the station.

Ah I must have missed that, alright that makes more sense.

Darth Thor
Well you have to combine R1 with ANH for the full explanation.

Selenial
Well you have to combine R1 with ANH for the full explanation.

Yeh, and pay a lot of attention to the small lines at the end of his hologram message, he explains the whole chain reaction thing there.

As for the Han Solo film, I'm not really looking forward to it at all, neither am I the Fett film. I might not even go see the Fett film, tbh, and it's going to be too weird seeing another actor playing Han that I might hate that one too mmm

I agree with Tempest, there are better ways to go.

UCanShootMyNova
Some nice easter eggs.

General Syndulla.

Jedi/She served me well in the Clone Wars ( possible reveal of Ahsoka surviving? )

The Whills which is a call back from Episode I and TCW.

Trocity
The Fett film was cancelled and the Han Solo film will probably be rather poor.

Tough to see anyone but Harrison playing the role of Han, and Childish Gambino as Lando is a pretty awful casting choice, imho.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Jedi/She served me well in the Clone Wars ( possible reveal of Ahsoka surviving? )

Biggest facepalm of all time, rofl.

Bail said Kenobi served him in the Clone Wars, and he'll get Leia (i.e. "she"wink to find him.

UCanShootMyNova
Oh, yeah that makes sense...

SunRazer
It was a reference to Obi-Wan, lmfao.

Also, Ponda Baba got a cameo, lol.

NTJack0
Wtf. You say this when the next anthology film is centered around Han freaking Solo ? Trilogy all the way especially given what I saw in Rogue One and that the next film on the docket is Han shit Solo. Hopefully there are good rogues in his film. Han is an enjoyable character, simmer down.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NTJack0
Han is an enjoyable character, simmer down. Iyo not mine. Rest in hell you deadbeat dad.

Rebel95
^lol

Darth Thor
Because the spin off films are giving us variety with the right amount of nostalgia.

Whereas The sequel films are just a rip off of the OT right now, with Vader wannabes, Tarkin wannabes, Luke wannabes, Rebellion wannabes and Palpatine/Empire wannabes.

So as of now the TFA time period is Definitely my least favourite Star Wars era.

Nephthys
I mean theres only been 1 movie out of it, there's not a lot to go on imo. I'll judge how the period stacks up after we get a lot more content for it.

Darth Thor
I get that. And Rian Johnson whose directing Episode 8 is a phenomenal director which is something to look forward to.

But I just don't like the whole set up for this trilogy which they've laid out in TFA.

quanchi112
Because the spin off films are giving us variety with the right amount of nostalgia.

Whereas The sequel films are just a rip off of the OT right now, with Vader wannabes, Tarkin wannabes, Luke wannabes, Rebellion wannabes and Palpatine/Empire wannabes.

So as of now the TFA time period is Definitely my least favourite Star Wars era. See here's the problem you are just looking for nostalgia only hence why you loved this film. The characters save Krennic weren't well done at all. It's very easy to please you since you've went on record to say it's about space battles for you. Lightsaber battles do not matter to you.

This is all your opinion which is suspect to put it mildly. Kylo has shown the struggle inside him is real and unlike Vader he rose above it. Another key difference is Vader refused to acknowledge the conflict and fell victim to it completely in Rotj. You also ignore a stormtrooper defecting which is entirely different than anything the original three films showed us. You ignore key details to reach your biased conclusions which I find nauseating and self serving.

It isn't shocking you pay little to no attention about these awesome new characters. Poe Dameron is also an exciting new hero. You claimed to be a Luke Skywalker guy but barely mention him anymore. He showed up at the films end and we will delve into his involvement but you barely care since you never mention it.

Just as most Ot fans you're living in the past. The best is yet to come and with characters such as Snoke and Kylo Ren I can't wait for more. Best Lightsaber to date in Kylo's cross guard as well.

First Order all the way.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nephthys
I mean theres only been 1 movie out of it, there's not a lot to go on imo. I'll judge how the period stacks up after we get a lot more content for it. D. Thor has decided it stinks based on what film. He has stated the new villains are weak on record many times. He just cares about his Ot. That's all hence his fascination with Rogue One.

The Rover
See here's the problem you are just looking for nostalgia only hence why you loved this film. The characters save Krennic weren't well done at all. It's very easy to please you since you've went on record to say it's about space battles for you. Lightsaber battles do not matter to you.

This is all your opinion which is suspect to put it mildly. Kylo has shown the struggle inside him is real and unlike Vader he rose above it. Another key difference is Vader refused to acknowledge the conflict and fell victim to it completely in Rotj. You also ignore a stormtrooper defecting which is entirely different than anything the original three films showed us. You ignore key details to reach your biased conclusions which I find nauseating and self serving.

It isn't shocking you pay little to no attention about these awesome new characters. Poe Dameron is also an exciting new hero. You claimed to be a Luke Skywalker guy but barely mention him anymore. He showed up at the films end and we will delve into his involvement but you barely care since you never mention it.

Just as most Ot fans you're living in the past. The best is yet to come and with characters such as Snoke and Kylo Ren I can't wait for more. Best Lightsaber to date in Kylo's cross guard as well.

First Order all the way.

Wouldn't be a SW discussion without hating on other people's likes. stick out tongue

Darth Thor
Lol

Selenial
You also ignore a stormtrooper defecting which is entirely different than anything the original three films showed us.

facepalm

quanchi112
facepalm It is a legitimate point your miniature female brain seems incapable of acknowledging.

Robtard
I received a PM stating that Director Cuckrennic was having a meltdown in here. It has been noted.

/noted

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
I received a PM stating that Director Cuckrennic was having a meltdown in here. It has been noted.

/noted Robtard is referring to himself as Director Cuckrennic. Such an imagination this pudgy guy has.

#iwin

Darth Thor
facepalm

I'll give him that about Finn. He was the most refreshing part of that film. Which is annoying because the one thing they did different worked out the best. So I'll admit I'm looking forward to more Finn.

Quan's also right that I've half forgotten about Luke being in Ep.8.. I guess him virtually not being in Ep.7 makes me forget he's a big part in the next one.

So definitely things to look forward to, I'm not denying that. But still my least favourite era (for now) due to the shitty set up in TFA.

Darth Thor
Actually that could be a pretty fangasm 6 months with Jedi Master Luke in December followed by young Solo and Lando the following May.

quanchi112
I'll give him that about Finn. He was the most refreshing part of that film. Which is annoying because the one thing they did different worked out the best. So I'll admit I'm looking forward to more Finn.

Quan's also right that I've half forgotten about Luke being in Ep.8.. I guess him virtually not being in Ep.7 makes me forget he's a big part in the next one.

So definitely things to look forward to, I'm not denying that. But still my least favourite era (for now) due to the shitty set up in TFA. Trying to weasel your way back into the new trilogy good graces. Not on my watch. You've made your bed now lie in it, Ot era boy.

#accessdenied

Robtard
-Says Disney is what made Star Wars great
-Has said Ep3 and Ep6 are superior to Ep7 and R1

:0

quanchi112

:0 Said Disney bring it to greater heights. Gave me two of my top three Star Wars faves in their first film. Yes, to me they are but if you were clever (you're not you'd see a pattern here). I usually love the conclusions to the trilogies the best since they wrap it all up.

I think ANH and Phantom Menace were rather weak films but at least Phantom Menace gave me Darth Maul.

#FirstOrder

nfactor1995
I liked it a lot, great addition to the new canon.

Darth Thor

:0

laughing out loud

Krennic is Snoke right?

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Krennic is Snoke right? Originally posted by quanchi112
Said Disney bring it to greater heights. Gave me two of my top three Star Wars faves in their first film. Yes, to me they are but if you were clever (you're not you'd see a pattern here). I usually love the conclusions to the trilogies the best since they wrap it all up.

I think ANH and Phantom Menace were rather weak films but at least Phantom Menace gave me Darth Maul.

#FirstOrder You are upset and never liked Snoke nor have you ever liked Kylo Ren. You and Robbie have called them weak villains. I can't wait to see you try to pull a 180 when episode eight comes out. You two both are stuck in the past and in the Ot era.

Your enthusiasm has never been for the new trilogy just Ot era films.

Robtard
laughing out loud

Krennic is Snoke right?

That was the "theory" and "connection" to the new films. Lolz.

Looks like he rage-quite his Cuckrennic sig already. Knew he would.

quanchi112
That was the "theory" and "connection" to the new films. Lolz.

Looks like he rage-quite his Cuckrennic sig already. Knew he would. You can fumble all ver your conjecture, cuck.

My Trek/Wars sig was always lying in wait for my upcoming battlezone. I don't ever keep the same sig for months, dummy. I do love that you hopelessly pay attention to my every move.

Total Warrior
Watched the movie yesterday. I really enjoyed it, a nice addition to the saga imo. Aniway, You all have already discussed a lot about the movie so i'm not going to write a mini-review. Obviously, the movie was not perfect, it had some flaws and some of You have already pointed them out. But i noticed no one talked about this: am i the only one who has been a bit bothered by the lack of alien fighters in the rebellion? I mean, the rebellion was supposed to have soldiers from all the species the Empire enslaved, but the we mostly see humans, even those 20-30 soldiers who infiltarste the base at the end are all human, except for one guy. It looks like a struggle between humans, while other species just stand by and watch

Zenwolf
Cause humans are more relatable. I mean in the first 2 OT movies you just had humans on both sides, Chewbacca aside and it's only in ROTJ where they show aliens as being part of the Rebellion.

Flyattractor
Of course back in the OT days, it was Harder to pull off a Full Alien and it cost way more.

That is still kind of the case today but movie fans are really to self centered to care about something tat falls out of their little comfort zone.

Darth Thor
Star Wars isn't too bothered about the whole multi-species equality thing the way Star Trek is.

Technically though no ones from Earth so they're all aliens to us.

Beniboybling
Just saw it myself. Vader was awesome, and he has a castle... on Mustafar.

Tarkin was great as well, the CGI was incredible, but the acting was even more impressive imo.

Beniboybling
I'm realising though that there were a tonne of missing plot lines and scenes from the trailers missing from the film. mmm

Zenwolf
Movies change even when trailers come.

Beniboybling
Sure, but these changes were more dramatic than any I've seen.

That said the film was good, so I assume they were for the best.

Darth Thor
Yeah those trailers were prior to the re-shoots.

Emperordmb
"I'm a Rebel... I Re-bel"

I'm so happy that line got cut

Beniboybling
I was a little dissappointed. smile

Emperordmb
Why? That line was pretty shit.

Zenwolf
Ya know I just realized that RO completely ignored ANH's discussion about the DS plans. Nice going RO writer/director, nice movie though....but I mean now that dialogue between Vader and Leia makes 0 sense.

ares834
Why is that? It's the same as it always was. Leia's lying and Vader obviously knows she is.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Why? That line was pretty shit. It was fun. smile

Ya know I just realized that RO completely ignored ANH's discussion about the DS plans. Nice going RO writer/director, nice movie though....but I mean now that dialogue between Vader and Leia makes 0 sense. I think it adds an extra layer of sass tbh, Leia pretending she's on a diplomatic mission when Vader literally just saw her leave a warzone.

UCanShootMyNova
Which discussion?

Beniboybling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-7rXTB5H_o

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
Why is that? It's the same as it always was. Leia's lying and Vader obviously knows she is.

Transmissions? No. It was a singular tape, it wasn't beamed aboard either but handed off and it wasn't several tapes.

Spies? No, the RO group were hardly spies.

UCanShootMyNova
It was just Leia being sassy as Beni says.

Zenwolf
No?....Are you not looking/hearing Vader's dialogue?

UCanShootMyNova
Get out Zen...

ares834
Who was it that beamed the plans to the ship? Jyn and Cassian the "Rebel Spies". And while they weren't technically beamed to the Tantive they were beamed to the ship it was docked to so it comes out to basically the same thing.

Beniboybling
It was beamed aboard the ship Leia was attached to, so its kind of minutiae, as for the Rebel spies, in the opening crawl its stated that said spies stole plans to the Death Star during a battle, and indeed, in Rogue One they stole that information by infiltrating a secret Imperial base, that's spy work yeah.

Zenwolf
The dialogue seems suggesting, that the plans were directly beamed to Leia's ship though...and several transmissions which seemed to be 1 transmission, not several.

I wouldn't call Jyn or Cassian spies though, at the very best loosely they could be considered spies...but I guess that's fine.

Beniboybling
The main heist Vader is aware of is the plans being beamed from the surface of the planet to the Rebels, who intercepted it, the fact that these plans were they put onto a datafile and handed over to a smaller vessel within that ship is a minute detail that Vader may either not be aware of, or simply not prioritise. He's looking for the plans that the Rebels intercepted over Scarif, hence why he asks the question.

And from Vader's perspective they are spies, he doesn't know there personal background.

ares834
Sure, but now we know it was not technically sent to the Tantive IV but rather the ship it was docked too. But like I said it comes out to the same thing.

As for "several transmissions", that can be hand-waved by the plans being sent in several packets similar to how data is transferred nowadays.

Zenwolf
Edit: Fair enough Ares.

Zenwolf
Oops, double posted.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>