Riddick vs. MCU Drax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Both fighters get their knives

Who wins?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117031/3537854-riddick.jpg

vs.

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11119/111190794/5220505-4119015951-42968.jpg

Dreampanther
Riddick.

wallman77
Drax survived a spaceship on his head. Silly thread. Spite

golem370
Drax

Dreampanther
Am I missing something? Drax really didn't impress me that much as a fighter in GOTG, while Riddick has some ridiculous kills and skills.

Henry_Pym
Drax easily, he is capable of tearing Ronan's goons apart.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Am I missing something? Drax really didn't impress me that much as a fighter in GOTG, while Riddick has some ridiculous kills and skills.

Because when Drax gets brought up, people like to focus on the ship impact, while forgetting that he froze, and was visibly nervous, when Gamora held a blade to his throat, during the one prison scene in GotG.

Drax does have a strength and durability advantage though.

Lestov16
IIRC Drax ripped one of those prison security drones apart with his bare hands. I think he may have the advantage here

Dreampanther
Okay, I understand that one can argue that Drax is more durable and stronger than Riddick. What I still fail to understand is how that will protect him against Riddick who once killed a man with a tea cup, who (in my opinion anyway) is a lot faster and more skilled than Drax and here has been issued with his knives, against which Drax has no protection.

Riddick has shown time and again that neither size nor strength impress him - his skill and speed mean that he just has a bigger target to aim at. After all, it is not like they are going to have a wrestling match.

Scoobless
Some good points made. Initially I was thinking Drax has the advantage due to stat matching, but some of you guys are right, when I think back to Pitch Black, Riddick was fighting huge monsters that would stomp him into the ground if you just looked at strength stats, but he gutted a few of them.

He's also noticably smarter than Drax

FrothByte
If this was a h2h fight I'd side with Drax. But a knife fight goes to Riddick.

h1a8
With knives Riddick wins

Patient_Leech
Riddick already won...

dt38_iS6u64&oref

Kazenji
Might want to try that again, Leech.

Henry_Pym
I think you guys are completely forgetting the context of how Gamora got the knife to Drax's throat. Drax almost killed her but Starlord distracted Drax. Gamora is also a superhuman, hell she beat her sister who tanked a rocket launcher in a sword battle.

TheVaultDweller
Actually, no. He was standing there, talking, and two other thugs had knives to her throat. She took advantage of the one weasel-y guy passing him a blade to disarm the other two and get the upper hand. Drax only got her by the throat after she dropped both knives. From 1:20 onwards:

fKvIi-nnSf8

And that was not the point. Someone used the ship crash as an argument for him not being able to be beaten. The fact that he was wary at having a blade pressed to his neck indicates that he can be hurt by them.

Henry_Pym
Thanks, I don't know why I remembered that reversed. laughing out loud

I'd argue that that is more a strength feat for Gamora and a possible durability feat for the knife based on what we saw Drax tank.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, to be perfectly honest, I am not sure, hence why I didn't pick a side. Because space/alien metals seem more potent than Earth-based ones, in the MCU. Like an Asgardian can crumple a human blade without issues, but Asgardian blades cut them just fine. But, then again, Riddick isn't from Earth either, so who knows.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Riddick already won...

dt38_iS6u64&oref
Originally posted by Kazenji
Might want to try that again, Leech.

Works fine for me.

Surtur
This fight already kinda happened lol. In the latest Riddick movie Batista is in it and they fight at the end.

Also Riddick has some decent strength as well, he does shit like this:

hV9ArqfKqw0

Remember Riddick is weakened at this point after having been drugged and tied up. That scene makes the whole movie worth it.

I could see him being quick enough and skilled enough to win.

KingD19
Riddick can take one or two blows from Drax. If he gets hit, he'll be back on his feet pretty quick and know not to get hit again. So with his skill and speed he probably dances around and just guts him or cuts him up so he bleeds out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.