An interesting read on decision making.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ascendancy
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/decision-science-daniel-kahneman-amos-tversky

After going through it, and working with a lot of data myself, I do find it very telling that most of the issues all of the main researchers mentioned still seem to be the norm. I get it when it comes to individuals and small groups, but it's quite perplexing seeing billion dollar companies and governments acting according to the feelings of a few rather that accurate, vetted data. In fact, it remains the premise for a lot of films. In Eagle Eye , the events of the movie are predicated upon an entire group of those in power ignoring a statistically-sound probability that their target is not in fact the person of interest that they have been pursuing and wanting to kill, yet they pull the trigger anyway.

In real life, countries go to war over dislikes, countries go to war over single reports that favor it without analyzing any other available data, and businesses and national economies face disastrous fallout from the decisions of a few made with no worthwhile information backing their actions.

What are your thoughts on this, and do you think that as data and insight on it become more and more widespread that there will be a push for its active inclusion in decisions at top levels?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.