Spider-Man (Maguire) vs. Spider-Man (Garfield)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
No holding back for each.
Fight 1: Standard versions.
Fight 2: Symbiote Maguire vs. Garfield.

carthage
Watching Spiderman 3 gave me a whole new appreciation for how fast Tobey Spiderman was, there is a moment when he is fighting New Goblin when he loses his aunt's ring. It's falling and in the space of probably 2-3 seconds he traded blows with New goblin and nearly killed him, and still had enough time to swoop down and scoop it up.

He also withstood blows powerful enough to smash through a brinks armored truck (probably more powerful) given Sandman was much larger than when he robbed the truck. So yeah he should take this, and with the Symbiote loosening his morals he should win even more handily.

Garfield Spiderman was no slouch though, but Tobey Spiderman was insanely agile

KingD19
You can't seriously put Maguire Spidey above Garfield in speed. He was dancing around lightning.

h1a8
Originally posted by KingD19
You can't seriously put Maguire Spidey above Garfield in speed. He was dancing around lightning. He was aim dodging.

KingD19
Originally posted by h1a8
He was aim dodging.

Aim dodging? Seriously?

So you never saw the movie then? Like most fights you debate on?

rD3GHfCYcuw

Starting at around 1:55, Spidey dodges the ground lightning, then time literally stops for him while he figures out how to save everyone. And then he saves the entire group, including the two about to touch the electrified staircase before the lightning even completes it's circuit.

Now not only are you trying to shift things to your argument with no evidence, you're a downright liar. Any credibility I thought you had left is gone.

h1a8
Aim dodging? Seriously?

So you never saw the movie then? Like most fights you debate on?

rD3GHfCYcuw

Starting at around 1:55, Spidey dodges the ground lightning, then time literally stops for him while he figures out how to save everyone. And then he saves the entire group, including the two about to touch the electrified staircase before the lightning even completes it's circuit.

Now not only are you trying to shift things to your argument with no evidence, you're a downright liar. Any credibility I thought you had left is gone. You said lightning, not electricity. The electricity moved very slowly. I thought you were talking about the other scenes

KingD19
It's all the same electricity generated by Electro. It did not move slowly at all, and was faster than Maguire has ever responded to by a large margin.

Even his final fight with Electro has plenty of moments with Spidey dodging back to back.

h1a8
It's all the same electricity generated by Electro. It did not move slowly at all, and was faster than Maguire has ever responded to by a large margin.

Even his final fight with Electro has plenty of moments with Spidey dodging back to back. Look at 1:56 to 2:01

The final fight is what I thought you were referring to. Spidey was aim dodging then. These are actually lightning bolts this time.

Surtur
Tobey-Man is a lot stronger physically than Garfield and also no slouch in the speed department, so he should win this.

But yeah the cable car feat, the wall feat, and the train feat aren't strength feats I think Garfield has matched.

TheVaultDweller
Well, not as strong as Tobey, but he's no slouch there. And yeah, sorry for the French dubbing, but it was the only clip of it I could find. It also shows how ridiculous his speed/reactions/perception is, compared to normal humans. From about 2:20 odd:

AeTmgyhWF48

TheVaultDweller
Found an undubbed version, in case it really bugs people lol. Same feat is at around 5:55, and another good speed/reflex feat from around 6:35 onwards:

WfV-0Yv5vNY

h1a8
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, not as strong as Tobey, but he's no slouch there. And yeah, sorry for the French dubbing, but it was the only clip of it I could find. It also shows how ridiculous his speed/reactions/perception is, compared to normal humans. From about 2:20 odd:

AeTmgyhWF48

It's a good feat but bullets are so much faster as you see his motion in comparison to the bullets that are just missing him. That can explain why he got shot in the first movie. I hated that seen, which made me hate the movie.

I always think of Spidey as being as fast as a bullet or faster and having precog SS. That scene ruined it for me tbh. He's still hella quick.

But Garfield has a strength feat that most ignore. He casually, effortlessly, and accidentally broke a train car pole ( the pole passengers hold on to). This implies that he can exert more than 20 times more force. Here's the kicker, those poles take well over a ton to break.

Silent Master
Lol!!!!!!

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by h1a8
It's a good feat but bullets are so much faster as you see his motion in comparison to the bullets that are just missing him. That can explain why he got shot in the first movie. I hated that seen, which made me hate the movie.

To be fair, he got shot from behind, after Captain Stacy had just told his men to stand down, so didn't expect to be having to deal with some idiot shooting him in the leg as he was going after Lizard. Now, one could argue that his spider-sense should have warned him, but both his and MaGuire's spider-sense (and, to some degree, Holland's, though that can be partially chalked up to lack of XP) seemed to fail whenever the plot required it.

But still nothing as dumb as Daredevil season 2, where the Hand guys could initially hide from Matt's radar sense, because they were apparently "hiding their heartbeat", but he can detect/"see" things like a sword slash in a wall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.