Freedon Nadd vs Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

MythLord
Nadd dies. Kun is canonically his better.

Azronger
Making matches that have already been answered by the official sources is stupid.

Beniboybling
what a dumass

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Azronger
Makes matches that have already been answered by the official sources is stupid.

Freedon Nadd
We know shit of Freedon Nadd.

UCanShootMyNova
Except that he's below Kun. wink

Freedon Nadd
I mean physical Freedon Nads version.

Freedon Nadd
Of course that he is below Exar Kun since he was just a weakling Sith spirit.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I mean physical Freedon Nads version.
Physical Freddon is below Kun as well, lol.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

The Merchant
Kun. Even going by just the comics Ragnos considered Kun a worthy successor to the Sith and not Sadow nor Nadd.

SunRazer
Kun was the most powerful Dark Lord ever up to his time. That includes Nadd, Sadow, Ragnos, Hord, Pall etc, all in their living primes. That also includes Vitiate as of Kun's era.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by The Merchant
Kun. Even going by just the comics Ragnos considered Kun a worthy successor to the Sith and not Sadow nor Nadd.
Sadow? Okay.
But, Nadd?
He was apprenticed under Naga Sadow, not Ragnos. And didn't Ragnos come to bestow Exar Kun as a Dark Lord when the bracelet amulets were joined?
And even Naga Sadow is a Sith Lord. So, I don't see the connection?
What is the Brotherhood of Lucasness doing on Epic Battles? Still in conflict?

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by SunRazer
Kun was the most powerful Dark Lord ever up to his time. That includes Nadd, Sadow, Ragnos, Hord, Pall etc, all in their living primes. That also includes Vitiate as of Kun's era.
You mean this(?):
"Once the most powerful and dangerous of the Dark Lords of the Sith, he was responsible for the deaths of millions four millennia before the rise of the Empire."
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
How could be that true? When Vitiate(post-Nathema) was during Exar Kun's times?
Didn't he absorb an entire world's power which in turn>Exar Kun?

NewGuy01
Arguably. Some say Vitiate's own quote retconned Kun's, others say Vitiate simply hadn't surpassed him until later.

EDIT: Of course, now that I think about it, Vitiate was never technically named DLOTS either. Those ancient folks weren't a big fan of his.

Freedon Nadd
You mean this(?):
"Once the most powerful and dangerous of the Dark Lords of the Sith, he was responsible for the deaths of millions four millennia before the rise of the Empire."
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

It could simply make reference to Exar Kun's military power and the effects he had over the galaxy(not some DBZ statement like in Sidious' or others' case) and about his brutal Sith campaigns against the Jedi and the Republic. First it(the source above) gives you the statement; then it brings proof to support the statement.
As for Vitiate:
How could be that true? When Vitiate(post-Nathema) was during Exar Kun's times?
Didn't he absorb an entire world's power which in turn>Exar Kun? Happy Dance

NewGuy01
fvckingdoublepostfagget

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Arguably. Some say Vitiate's own quote retconned Kun's, others say Vitiate simply hadn't surpassed him until later.

EDIT: Of course, now that I think about it, Vitiate was never technically named DLOTS either. Those ancient folks weren't a big fan of his.
1. Vitiate didn't surpass even if he ate a whole world? lol
Wonder how is that possible?
2. Ragnos chose Vitiate, though. But Gnost-Dural says,
"The fact that the spirits supported Exar Kun--suggest--they did not. And *perhaps* do not, support the Emperor we face today."

Freedon Nadd
fvckingdoublepostfagget
Crap. I know. By mistake.

NewGuy01
Not to be DLOTS; he (apparently) took him as a disciple for a while and left him to rule Medriaas. He was never said to have approached him again, and it's implied that he (and the other AS) weren't supportive of his actions thereafter.

Freedon Nadd
Not to be DLOTS; he (apparently) took him as a disciple for a while and left him to rule Medriaas. He was never said to have approached him again, and it's implied that he (and the other AS) weren't supportive of his actions thereafter.
I see.
But still(when this accolade) was made. Vitiate didn't even exist.
I remember that he stayed in shadows when Sadow and Kressh fought in the Hyperspace War.
Who knows?
But maybe the same could be said about Exar Kun. The Sith spirits didn't support Exar Kun either(except when Ragnos made Kun a Dark Lord because there was no one else left)

It's interesting that Freedon Nadd(in his final moments) claimed that Kun was a pretender and that the future of Sith lies with Satal and Aleema.

SunRazer
Vitiate still becomes DLotS by Kun's time, though, since his own Empire was already established by then.

NewGuy01
So? As far as I know, a figure of worship or not, he was still never bestowed that title.

SunRazer
He's referred to as such, IIRC. I'll find a source when I get bothered.

NewGuy01
Is he? I'll be waiting for that source, then.

Well, not really.

SunRazer
Well, I scanned Vitiate's respect thread to see if there was anything, and whilst this isn't the source I had in mind, it'll do:

NewGuy01
Darth Vitiate?

No wonder I didn't remember that, your source is fvcking disgusting. smile

SunRazer
You didn't expect Vitiate to remain as a mere Lord, did you? smile

NewGuy01
I expected him not to bother with names at all, he's the Sith Emperor.

SunRazer
So was Palpatine.

NewGuy01
He was named Darth long before he took on the mantle of Emperor. Besides, he seemed to have abandoned the name by RotJ/DE.

SunRazer
Vitiate would've been named a Darth long before he became Emperor as well. And he also would've abandoned it upon becoming Emperor. smile

NewGuy01
How's that? I don't recall any Darth Naga Sadows or Darth Ludo Kresshes running around at the time; that trend appeared to start only after Vitiate established himself as Emperor.

SunRazer
He's called Darth Naga Sadow in The Essential Guide to Warfare, IIRC.

NewGuy01
Also disgusting.

SunRazer
Still factual smile

Freedon Nadd
He's called Darth Naga Sadow in The Essential Guide to Warfare, IIRC.
That was a mistake. Naga Sadow was never called 'Darth'. They admitted it later.

SunRazer
Thank god, actually.

DarthAnt66
Pretty sure Force and Destiny is in-universe or from a limited narrator, hence the Darth Vitiate.

Alternatively, Vitiate could have created the title himself, since the first people who have it are Revan/Malak and then his own Sith Empire.

Andeddu is a possible exception, but there's no date on his life so it could have taken place after Revan/Malak were a thing.

Freedon Nadd
Andeddu is noted to be the foremost Sith Lord with the Darth title.

DarthAnt66
From an in-universe source. And IIRC, it says possibly.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
From an in-universe source. And IIRC, it says possibly.
Jedi versus Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

Freedon Nadd
Hey, Ant?
Do Force nexuses, passively, amplify your Force abilities(if you aren't using those energies)
It was never clear to me.

UCanShootMyNova
They do.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
They do.
Any scans?

UCanShootMyNova
Quotes.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Jedi versus Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
That's in-universe, like I said.

Nexus' passively amplify, yeah.

This is evident by Jedi being hindered on dark-side nexus' by simply being in it's presence.

If the nexus wasn't passively affecting the individual, that wouldn't happen.

The Jedi would only be hindered if they actively try to call upon the Force, if you catch my drift.

There's also stats on it in the Force and Destiny rulebook, I believe.

SunRazer
Pretty sure Force and Destiny is in-universe or from a limited narrator, hence the Darth Vitiate.

Alternatively, Vitiate could have created the title himself, since the first people who have it are Revan/Malak and then his own Sith Empire.

Andeddu is a possible exception, but there's no date on his life so it could have taken place after Revan/Malak were a thing.

The title of "Darth" existed before Revan's time, since the KotOR comics have Haazen musing about what his name would be like if he took on the mantle of "Darth' like the Sith Lords of old.

DarthAnt66
The KotOR comics were trash, so I was intentionally ignoring them.

SunRazer
The KotOR comics were trash, so I was intentionally ignoring them.

lol

Well, TCSWE states that Freedon Nadd might've found Andeddu's holocron, so again, the Darth name predates Revan/Malak.

Freedon Nadd
That's in-universe, like I said.

Nexus' passively amplify, yeah.

This is evident by Jedi being hindered on dark-side nexus' by simply being in it's presence.

If the nexus wasn't passively affecting the individual, that wouldn't happen.

The Jedi would only be hindered if they actively try to call upon the Force, if you catch my drift.

There's also stats on it in the Force and Destiny rulebook, I believe.
1. I said that because when I played KotOR II I got the chance to use Freedon Nadd's wells of dark side energy. But nowhere I got sudden amplification of any kind.
2. Well, dark side energies hindering lightsiders' connections would be logical. Because both are reverses of each other.
But how does a dark/light side nexus amplifies one passively?
I mean it's not like you are pure dark/light side to boost your own power. How could those energies passively amplify your powers if you don't want to use them?
And how does it translate a passive amplification?
How great is the boost in those examples?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.