DoS Superman and the JLA vs Peak Power Onslaught...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Onslaught, free of Xavier, and in possession of the power of Nate and Franklin (as he was at the end of the Onslaught Saga) takes on the Justice League and Superman from the Death of Superman storyline in a battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

No prep for either side...

Who wins?

Rao Kal El
That JLA defeated Starbreker.

JLA wins, IMO

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
That JLA defeated Starbreker.

JLA wins, IMO

That JLA also got their head beat in by someone that was KO'ed by an exploding gas station and falling trees...

What defense do they have against extreme psionic attack btw?

Delta1938
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
That JLA also got their head beat in by someone that was KO'ed by an exploding gas station and falling trees...

What defense do they have against extreme psionic attack btw?

False and false, he wasn't KOed by either. But troll harder.

Originally posted by Delta1938

thumb up Happy Dance

thumb up Happy Dance

thumb up Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder

thumb up Happy Dance

thumb up Happy Dance

Timber!!!!!!

The last word Superman heard before being KO'd....

laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
So, what defense does this team have against a Xavier, Nate, and Franklin combined level mind rape?

The heroes that faced him in Marvel absolutely needed to prep against this before combat against him was even a possibility...

Take your time answering...

Insane Titan
Onslaught gets Ko'd.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Onslaught gets Ko'd.

Based on?

abhilegend
They destroy his armor.

Delta1938
Timber!!!!!!

The last word Superman heard before being KO'd....

laughing out loud

Superman fought this JLA? Also, he wasn't KOed by that. But of course you'll argue he was.

Superman fought this JLA? Also, he wasn't KOed by that. But of course you'll argue he was.

thumb up Happy Dance

thumb up Happy Dance

thumb up Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by abhilegend
They destroy his armor.

That wont end the fight or KO Onslaught...

That'll simply free his psionic form; which was only stopped by the heroes sacrificing themselves...

wink

TheLordofMurder
So, what defense does this team have against a Xavier, Nate, and Franklin combined level mind rape?

The heroes that faced him in Marvel absolutely needed to prep against this before combat against him was even a possibility...

Take your time answering...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder

thumb up Happy Dance

thumb up Happy Dance

No, Superman didnt fight that JLA, but

Tim-BERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

was the last word he and Doomsday heard before blacking out...

laughing out loud

Stoic

Tim-BERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

laughing out loud

I think that it stunned Superman, and KO'd Maxima if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, if they aren't able to resist his telepathy it's over for them. He could literally use the majority of them to fight against each other as he had several of the Marvel heroes believing that they were actually fighting him but weren't.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Stoic
I think that it stunned Superman, and KO'd Maxima if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, if they aren't able to resist his telepathy it's over for them. He could literally use the majority of them to fight against each other as he had several of the Marvel heroes believing that they were actually fighting him but weren't.

You're thinking about the Gas Station explosion (lol!!!!!!!!!!!)...

It definitely KO'ed both Maxima and Supes...

Stoic

Well Superman had gotten into with Doomsday, and began running on empty. He'd never be KO'd under normal circumstances by a gas tank exploding in his face. just keep that in mind. I still think that the vast majority of them would be mind raped though.

Rao Kal El
They have Maxima and Bloodwynd (MMH) to protect them from mental assaults

Also troll of murderer is trying to hard to troll.

Which is sad, don't do this to you man.

Delta1938

Tim-BERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

laughing out loud

thumb down You failed even for the fail troll you are.

Originally posted by Stoic
Well Superman had gotten into with Doomsday, and began running on empty. He'd never be KO'd under normal circumstances by a gas tank exploding in his face. just keep that in mind. I still think that the vast majority of them would be mind raped though.

thumb up He clearly only counts accumulative damage when it helps his argument. He also left out that the trees weren't normal trees in the least, and that Superman wasn't actually KOed by them but Doomsday's attack(after fighting him).

But going by his logic, Cyclops damaged Onslaught all by himself.

thumb down You failed even for the fail troll you are.

thumb up He clearly only counts accumulative damage when it helps his argument. He also left out that the trees weren't normal trees in the least, and that Superman wasn't actually KOed by them but Doomsday's attack(after fighting him).

But going by his logic, Cyclops damaged Onslaught all by himself.

thumb up Happy Dance

thumb up Happy Dance

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
They have Maxima and Bloodwynd (MMH) to protect them from mental assaults

Also troll of murderer is trying to hard to troll.

Which is sad, don't do this to you man.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Maxima and Manhunter are supposed to protect this team from a character who's psionic power is great enough to Reality Warp on a Solar scale!???

laughing out loud

Ummm...no.

smile

Rao Kal El
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Maxima and Manhunter are supposed to protect this team from a character who's psionic power is great enough to Reality Warp on a Solar scale!???

laughing out loud

Ummm...no.

smile

Oh yes, "on a solar scale" laughing out loud

Don't do this to you man, you are just embarrassing your self.

Genii96
Onslaught mindrapes them

TheHulk
I blame the Unlocked Huk vs DoS Supes thread for this nonsense...

Galan007
You're welcome. vin

carver9
The cant destroy the armor and Onslaught physically beats everyone to death here. None of them have the punching power that would put fear in everyone's heart, including Heralds.

Rao Kal El
laughing out loud

TheHulk
Originally posted by carver9
The cant destroy the armor and Onslaught physically beats everyone to death here. None of them have the punching power that would put fear in everyone's heart, including Heralds. I'm pretty sure it does not need to said that someone is afraid to get hit by the likes of Superman or Hulk for that matter...

carver9
Originally posted by TheHulk
I'm pretty sure it does not need to said that someone is afraid to get hit by the likes of Superman or Hulk for that matter...

So you think Thor, Doom, Apocalypse, etc would've been afraid if he witnessed any other Herald Herald battling?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Genii96
Onslaught mindrapes them

thumb up

Powerful Telepaths like Jean needed to prep against Onslaughts psionic powers...

Dr Doom, who is the King of Willpower in the Marvel Universe, needed the prep against Onslaughts overwhelming psionic powers...

Without prep, the JLA has no defense to the full power of Onslaughts psionic assault...

I think Onslaught takes this...

TheHulk
So you think Thor, Doom, Apocalypse, etc would've been afraid if he witnessed any other Herald Herald battling? Yes wink

psycho gundam
The cant destroy the armor and Onslaught physically beats everyone to death here. None of them have the punching power that would put fear in everyone's heart, including Heralds. I don't understand how your mind works.

Of all things to adhere to you chose his strength and the physical breaking of his shell that will be contended (a thread made to bait you about this very thing you took part in) when you must know Onslaught got even more difficult to deal with after that happened. You might not actually strive to win arguments

cdtm
thumb up

Powerful Telepaths like Jean needed to prep against Onslaughts psionic powers...

Dr Doom, who is the King of Willpower in the Marvel Universe, needed the prep against Onslaughts overwhelming psionic powers...

Without prep, the JLA has no defense to the full power of Onslaughts psionic assault...

I think Onslaught takes this...

They have Martian Manhunter, who's potentially > Xavier, who himself is > Jean.

Plus Maxima, plus Gardner's psi defenses, plus standard JLA gear including tp filtering hardware..

Despero would mind rape Charles and Jean, JLA is used to high end telepaths.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by cdtm

Plus Maxima, plus Gardner's psi defenses, plus standard JLA gear including tp filtering hardware..

thumb up

TheLordofMurder

They are used to Franklin+Nate+Xavier combined level telepaths?

Bullsh!t...

Rao Kal El

Didn't Maxima faced and amped war world Brainiac and put him in a coma?

Also IIRC she controlled some superheroes on panic in the sky.

I will have to re read those, but yeah Maxima is not a walk in the park plus they had an amped Martian Manhunter.

So yes this team is more than capable to deal with onslaught

Delta1938
Didn't Maxima faced and amped war world Brainiac and put him in a coma?

She fought him amped, was hurt by it, then when Brainiac was disconnected from Warworld, she put him in a coma while still in less than peak condition. Brainiac was quite a potent telepath even at the time to begin with, Warworld was supposed to make him I think it was 1,000 times more powerful, or at least that's what was said. He was killing I think it was a couple dozen or so heroes with pisonic energy and they at first thought it was radiation.

Rao Kal El
Damn! I forgot about that

Same writer as DOS btw

cdtm
They are used to Franklin+Nate+Xavier combined level telepaths?

Bullsh!t...

Megaddan.

So, yeah.

carver9
She fought him amped, was hurt by it, then when Brainiac was disconnected from Warworld, she put him in a coma while still in less than peak condition. Brainiac was quite a potent telepath even at the time to begin with, Warworld was supposed to make him I think it was 1,000 times more powerful, or at least that's what was said. He was killing I think it was a couple dozen or so heroes with pisonic energy and they at first thought it was radiation.

I suppose to be impressed with this when you all outright ignore Onslaught being amped by an Abstract? Not impressed.

LordofBrooklyn
I suppose to be impressed with this when you all outright ignore Onslaught being amped by an Abstract? Not impressed.

A BACKHAND FOR YOUR INSOLENCE WILL LEAVE A BETTER IMPRESSION!!!

Rao Kal El

IIRC he was basically melting people with psionic energy smile

Not impresive at all laughing out loud

carver9

Who did he melt? Also, please provide some TP resistant fts.

Rao Kal El
Who did he melt? Also, please provide some TP resistant fts.

Go out and read some comics kid. I'm not spoonfeeding you as always

Panic in the sky arc, he could have killed all the heroes if not for green lantern IIRC

Now do your research carver

cdtm

And even Mon El and Maxima couldn't break through it. It was killing Mon El to even try, while Maxima had to encase herself in the combined Metal Men to make it past the psionic field.

Galan007
I will have to re read those, but yeah Maxima is not a walk in the park Maxima is an extremely powerful telepath.

Rao Kal El
And even Mon El and Maxima couldn't break through it. It was killing Mon El to even try, while Maxima had to encase herself in the combined Metal Men to make it past the psionic field.

thumb up

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Galan007
Maxima is an extremely powerful telepath.

thumb up

Rao Kal El
Here Carver, because I still like you even if you are a superman hater and have the worst arguments on earth.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/superman-66-our-army-at-war/4000-68536/

smile

Galan007
Brainiac was severed from Warworld at the time, but it's still a great TP feat for Maxima.

Btw, Max has several uber TP/TK feats under her belt:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=547416&pagenumber=1

Delta1938

In the spirit of Christmas, I'm not going to ask you why you're such an idiot and prove your reading comprehension is terrible. vin

carver9
I'm not impressed...at all.

carver9
Brainiac was severed from Warworld at the time, but it's still a great TP feat for Maxima.

Btw, Max has several uber TP/TK feats under her belt:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=547416&pagenumber=1

So does Onslaught.

Galan007
Did I say otherwise?

I only pointed out Maxima's slew of psi-feats, because Rao was just mentioning one of them... One that isn't even her best, imo. thumb up

*And if you aren't impressed with Maxima's psi-feats, then you clearly don't comprehend them... Not fully. smile

Rao Kal El
Did I say otherwise?

I only pointed out Maxima's slew of psi-feats, because Rao was just mentioning one of them... One that isn't even her best, imo. thumb up

*And if you aren't impressed with Maxima's psi-feats, then you clearly don't comprehend them... Not fully. smile

thumb up

Many people think Maxima is not powerful, but she actually is pretty powerful.

I just realized that after I read panic in the sky and the whole Jurgens run on the JLA again, but she is a respectable character.

Galan007
Very much so. In her heyday Max was one of the most powerful telepaths in DC, tbh.

cdtm
I'm not impressed...at all.

So Maxima one shot psi koing Orion and Lightray isn't impressive?

Brainiac killing a Superman class character with psi isn't impressive?

Ok. I won't even ask what you think of evolved Braniac reaching out across another universe to mind screw everyone on Earth into thinking Supermans body lies dead in his tomb, including fooling scientists using instruments, followed by psi blasting into unconsciousness every single New God on New Genesis at once. Obviously not impressive.

Rao Kal El

Ok. I won't even ask what you think of evolved Braniac reaching out across another universe to mind screw everyone on Earth into thinking Supermans body lies dead in his tomb, including fooling scientists using instruments, followed by psi blasting into unconsciousness every single New God on New Genesis at once. Obviously not impressive.

That's potato chips in Marvel, even punisher can do that

Delta1938

To be fair, Brainiac doing that from New Genesis was after Maxima nearly killed him, as somehow that coma increased his telepathy yet again. He did that not just from a great distance, but another dimension and while in a coma.

He was an impressive telepath before even without Warworld amping him. Even from the start. Like every ****ing time he faced Superman again he was more powerful than the last from whatever enhancement.

cdtm
To be fair, Brainiac doing that from New Genesis was after Maxima nearly killed him, as somehow that coma increased his telepathy yet again. He did that not just from a great distance, but another dimension and while in a coma.

He was an impressive telepath before even without Warworld amping him. Even from the start. Like every ****ing time he faced Superman again he was more powerful than the last from whatever enhancement.

Yep.

And yet, somehow he couldn't just shut down Superman's mind (He did it once, only after sapping every bit of power from a Lexcorp scientific complex.)

Various writers seemed to notice this, like John Ostrander, who had a VERY powerful version of Martian Manhunter do things like scan every mind on Earth for a specific piece of info, yet be unable to even locate Superman in his Clark Kent guise.

Delta1938
Yep.

And yet, somehow he couldn't just shut down Superman's mind (He did it once, only after sapping every bit of power from a Lexcorp scientific complex.)

Various writers seemed to notice this, like John Ostrander, who had a VERY powerful version of Martian Manhunter do things like scan every mind on Earth for a specific piece of info, yet be unable to even locate Superman in his Clark Kent guise.

Yeah, Superman's got some insane telepathic resistance feats. But people cherry picking shit, often omitting context, somehow means we all lie about Superman being immune to telepathy when......We didn't actually claim he was immune to it. The dishonest tactics they use. erm

Rao Kal El
Yep.

thumb up

psycho gundam
That wont end the fight or KO Onslaught...

That'll simply free his psionic form; which was only stopped by the heroes sacrificing themselves...

wink This should be the last post of the thread. It took more then twice as many members of the JLA comprise just to weaken him by sacrificing their bodies for the X-men to attack him en masse. There simply won't be anyone left to hurt him, this is after fighting him with hopes of breaking his armour in the first place

Rao Kal El
So the only way to increase mass is by sacrificing one's body?

psycho gundam
It was biomass that drained him

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_tsg_zpswjvdgcon.jpg

Thor with Mjolnir in hand wasn't applicable. One of the greatest energy absorption weapons in fiction wasn't usable for it

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_rhh_zpszfuztoyu.jpg

here's the entire roster. Take a look at how large Pym is

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_t_zpsgjrkbrvo.jpg

cdtm
I remember that.

Everyone just threw themselves into Onslaught, and it drained him. Kind of overly convoluted/dumb imo.

psycho gundam
Leave it to Carver to corral everyone into arguing about breaking his shell.... Somehow his detractors are slapping each other on the backs when it's a known fact that's not even how Onslaught was beaten.

cdtm
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Leave it to Carver to corral everyone into arguing about breaking his shell.... Somehow his detractors are slapping each other on the backs when it's a known fact that's not even how Onslaught was beaten.

He's the worst fan ever.

Please, never become an Iron Fist fan.

-K-M-
Come at me bro...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n266/Lopetego/OWNSLAUGHT2.jpg

^ that mini was so awful. Before anyone asks he didn't have Franklin's powers there. So not peak Onslaught

Rao Kal El
I never read anything about "bio mass" on the comic it self, I did read mass, not "bio mass"

And is not like the only "bio mass" available in central park manhattan is from superheroe bodies.

Just saying

psycho gundam
It was biomass that drained him

Thor with Mjolnir in hand wasn't applicable. One of the greatest energy absorption weapons in fiction wasn't usable for it

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_rhh_zpszfuztoyu.jpg
I meant this part in particular

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/efe_zpsl7kjojrf.jpg

Rao Kal El
Saying that only bio mass will do the trick is actually over reaching IMO.

There was no mention of bio mass whatsoever, they mention blood, sinew but that doesn't mean that only bio mass will do the trick.

So I disagree with you.

Not close to my cpu so I can't get scans from YELLOW Guy Gardner when it comes to contain energy.

cdtm
I meant this part in particular

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/efe_zpsl7kjojrf.jpg

What's with Sue's look?

The mid 90's had some weird design choices. Especially hated Herc and Wonder Woman's costumes...

psycho gundam
Saying that only bio mass will do the trick is actually over reaching IMO.

There was no mention of bio mass whatsoever, they mention blood, sinew but that doesn't mean that only bio mass will do the trick.

So I disagree with you.

Not close to my cpu so I can't get scans from YELLOW Guy Gardner when it comes to contain energy. The floor is yours. Literally their Non-mutant bodies were required but you want to argue otherwise

abhilegend
Superman can increase his mass at near light speed though.

thumb up

psycho gundam
over reaching .

abhilegend

Idiotic.

Sin I AM
Why dont u boys just post the entire arc 👍

DarkSaint85
Yeah, I'm not sure what the JLA can do.
It wasn't just mass, or else they'd have chucked cars or whatever in there.

They specifically needed none mutant organic matter. If there were someone here who could do it, they'd have a chance. But you'd have to reach pretty far. Superman going light speed, Bloodwynd going all MM and absorbing the Earth, that kinda thing.

Very implausible. Breaking his shell merely frees him. Behold, his mighty hand.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah, I'm not sure what the JLA can do.
It wasn't just mass, or else they'd have chucked cars or whatever in there.

They specifically needed none mutant organic matter. If there were someone here who could do it, they'd have a chance. But you'd have to reach pretty far. Superman going light speed, Bloodwynd going all MM and absorbing the Earth, that kinda thing.

Very implausible. Breaking his shell merely frees him. Behold, his mighty hand.

Where did it say that it was particularly organinc non mutant mass?

I'm not at home for a while, so can't check scans nor read the comics, but where was this particularly stated?

DarkSaint85
Definitely non-mutants:

http://i.imgur.com/NylnE8r.png

I am saying organic, because otherwise...there's Mjolnir.

Rao Kal El
Definitely non-mutants:

http://i.imgur.com/NylnE8r.png

I am saying organic, because otherwise...there's Mjolnir.

So the part of being organic or inorganic is basically just speculation.

There is nothing in the comic that states specifically what it's being claimed.

That it was only organic non mutant mass.

I do agree that mutants should not come in contact with onslaught, that is pretty well specified, but where is the part that say organic or non organic?

Otherwise this is just speculation IMO

Rao Kal El
Also lets asume it has to be only organic (which I haven't seen evidence of it)

In central park Manhattan the only organic mass available is superhero bodies?

TheLordofMurder
Doesnt even matter...

In a forum fight (unless specified in the OP) the battlefield is featureless...

There is nothing available to use to throw at Onslaught to fudge out a win like you are attempting to do Rao...

Inaddition, the method to stop Onslaughts psionic form is not common knowledge....

Sorry, but Supes and the JLA wont be winning this fight...

Thanks for playing though...

smile

Genii96
Assuming Inorganic even worked
Wouldn't reed,pym or stark know that?

The jla has no way to win this

Rao Kal El
Doesnt even matter...

In a forum fight (unless specified in the OP) the battlefield is featureless...

There is nothing available to use to throw at Onslaught to fudge out a win like you are attempting to do Rao...

Inaddition, the method to stop Onslaughts psionic form is not common knowledge....

Sorry, but Supes and the JLA wont be winning this fight...

Thanks for playing though...

smile

INFINITE MASS PUNCH

Viable tactic as does increases one's mass to the infinite and it will require only Superman to sacrifice himself smile

TheLordofMurder
INFINITE MASS PUNCH

Viable tactic as does increases one's mass to the infinite and it will require only Superman to sacrifice himself smile

You are reaching to point of ridiculousness; comicbook physics doesnt work like real world physics...

In comics, an IMP is simply a really hard punch; ones mass doesnt become infinite in the comicbook world when these are performed (if it did, the characters body would collapse into a sigularity and be completely destroyed; the punch would never be delivered)...

Inaddition, Supes wouldnt know how to fight his psionic form in the 1st place...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Genii96
Assuming Inorganic even worked
Wouldn't reed,pym or stark know that?

The jla has no way to win this

thumb up

DarkSaint85
You are reaching to point of ridiculousness; comicbook physics doesnt work like real world physics...

In comics, an IMP is simply a really hard punch; ones mass doesnt become infinite in the comicbook world when these are performed (if it did, the characters body would collapse into a sigularity and be completely destroyed; the punch would never be delivered)...

Inaddition, Supes wouldnt know how to fight his psionic form in the 1st place...

Mass does indeed increase towards infinity in comics....

DarkSaint85
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27500/724603-justice_league_of_america__30__2009____page_17.jpg

Rao Kal El

Thanks for playing though smile

Mass does indeed increase towards infinity in comics.... Originally posted by DarkSaint85
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27500/724603-justice_league_of_america__30__2009____page_17.jpg

thumb up

Rao Kal El
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111291005/5277903-3203521-7617458201-13624.jpg

psycho gundam
Grasping at straws

The whole infinite mass thing is a desperate reach. For 1: None of the League guys know about the workings of Onslaught as if they read the comics, and 2, It wasn't just how massive something was lmao, it was the amount of matter it comprised. "Biomass" is a volumetric term, not actual mass like what you think lol. You couldn't store all of Onslaught's essence inside of Superman no matter how heavy he became simply because his atoms don't become more numerous, only his momentum increases, and that's temporary at best

Not only that but Whoever passed into his psionic form was BFR'd to another universe so you literally lose all the characters you throw at him

DarkSaint85
thumb up.

Like I said, it would be incredibly out of reach.

psycho gundam
So the part of being organic or inorganic is basically just speculation.

There is nothing in the comic that states specifically what it's being claimed.

That it was only organic non mutant mass.

I do agree that mutants should not come in contact with onslaught, that is pretty well specified, but where is the part that say organic or non organic?

Otherwise this is just speculation IMO Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Also lets asume it has to be only organic (which I haven't seen evidence of it)

In central park Manhattan the only organic mass available is superhero bodies? lol?

TheLordofMurder

Sure, the writing "says" infinite mass, but we absolutely dont see "infinite mass" manifested...

An object possessing "infinite mass" would physically manifest as a sigularity...

Superman still has a humanoid, physical, form during the collision...

So no, comicbook physics dont equate to real world physics...

If Superman had "infinite mass" when striking that moon, even the rocky fragments woulnt be around...

That "IMP" is nothing more than a really hard punch...end of story.

TheLordofMurder
Thanks for playing though smile

thumb up

thumb down

That wasnt infinite mass...

TheLordofMurder
Grasping at straws

The whole infinite mass thing is a desperate reach. For 1: None of the League guys know about the workings of Onslaught as if they read the comics, and 2, It wasn't just how massive something was lmao, it was the amount of matter it comprised. "Biomass" is a volumetric term, not actual mass like what you think lol. You couldn't store all of Onslaught's essence inside of Superman no matter how heavy he became simply because his atoms don't become more numerous, only his momentum increases, and that's temporary at best

Not only that but Whoever passed into his psionic form was BFR'd to another universe so you literally lose all the characters you throw at him

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
lol?

Good job exposing the hypocrisy...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Mass does indeed increase towards infinity in comics....

They may say it does, but it really doesnt as the what happens physically to the object possessing "infinite mass" doesnt match what it would really look like...

I repeat in comicbook physics, an IMP is nothing more than a hard punch...

There is nothing truly infinite about it...

abhilegend
Sure, the writing "says" infinite mass, but we absolutely dont see "infinite mass" manifested...

An object possessing "infinite mass" would physically manifest as a sigularity...

Superman still has a humanoid, physical, form during the collision...

So no, comicbook physics dont equate to real world physics...

If Superman had "infinite mass" when striking that moon, even the rocky fragments woulnt be around...

That "IMP" is nothing more than a really hard punch...end of story.
So you don't like it so it never happened?

Sorry pal, you don't make the rules around here. If it happened, it happened.

TheLordofMurder
So you don't like it so it never happened?

Sorry pal, you don't make the rules around here. If it happened, it happened.

Its not about me liking or disliking it; nice attempt to deflect btw...

Its about what was written not matching what was shown...

You do understand the distiction dont you?

The writting says "infinite mass," but the on panel depiction doesnt reflect infinite mass...

The on panel depiction is nothing more than a really hard punch...end of story.

abhilegend
Its not about me liking or disliking it; nice attempt to deflect btw...

Its about what was written not matching what was shown...

You do understand the distiction dont you?

The writting says "infinite mass," but the on panel depiction doesnt reflect infinite mass...

The on panel depiction is nothing more than a really hard punch...end of story.
And who said the writer took everything about relativity in account?

Just because Superman doesn't turns into black hole doesn't mean his mass didn't increased.

By that account, nobody in comics has ever moved at lightspeed or faster because they all should turn into a black hole.

Don't be an idiot.

abhilegend

TheLordofMurder
And who said the writer took everything about relativity in account?

Just because Superman doesn't turns into black hole doesn't mean his mass didn't increased.

By that account, nobody in comics has ever moved at lightspeed or faster because they all should turn into a black hole.

Don't be an idiot.

I'm not being an idiot...you are.

I'm stating the obvious truth that an IMP is nothing more than a really hard punch...

Thats a fact; the "infinite" part is pure hyperbole...

The on panel evidence supports my argument...

Now stop being an idiot and accept the truth of the matter...

wink

Happy Dance

wxyz
Bump.

carver9
Onslaught.

Insane Titan
Team wins. Onslaught was weak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.