Most powerful opponent Cap can beat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Let's pretend you didn't know who Captain America is. Didn't know about him from comics or cartoons, don't know anything about his powers and limitations. Then one day you're made to watch all of the MCU movies that have Cap in them, so you only have the movies as your basis for how powerful he is. Who's the most powerful character you think he can beat in melee?

Cap gets his shield and his opponent gets whatever standard equipment they usually have. Remember, don't let your knowledge of Cap outside the movies sway your judgement.

NotAllThatEvil
Ironman...

Inhuman
- A Helicopter
- Shield Jet
- Small Submarine

relentless1
with he plot armour Cap is afforded I wouldn't be surprised if he beats Thanos lol

Henry_Pym
Probably someone like Wolverine Origins Sabertooth.

950Killer
Maybe movie version blade

NotAllThatEvil
I have a stupid question . If Cap has consistent plot armor feats, why do we treat them differently than other feats?

Nibedicus
Beat 10/10 or 1/10 or 5/10?

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I have a stupid question . If Cap has consistent plot armor feats, why do we treat them differently than other feats? Not sure what you mean, but I'll guess you mean why do we give pis showing s to Cap and (can't speak for anyone else) I tend to overlook other characters Pis showings? My personal answer is that they happen on screen thus can be evaluated and also the consistency of his feats.

BruceSkywalker
whoever H1 thinks lmao

Darth Thor
Spider-Man I guess (as much as I hated seeing that).

Arachnid1
Spiderman, evidently.

I know it's because Spidey is a rookie right now, but rook or not, he should have destroyed Cap effortlessly. Where was his Spidey sense when Cap dropped the damn cargo bridge on him?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Spiderman, evidently.

I know it's because Spidey is a rookie right now, but rook or not, he should have destroyed Cap effortlessly. Where was his Spidey sense when Cap dropped the damn cargo bridge on him?

I also found it weird how Spidey could completely dominate Bucky and Falcon yet have such a hard time with Cap. In TWS, Bucky was roughly equal to Cap. In Civil War pretty much everybody beats him up. From Black Panther to IM to Spidey.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Spiderman, evidently.

That's always been an issue with the whole Spider-Sense thing tbh. Plot will demand it be ignored from time to time.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I also found it weird how Spidey could completely dominate Bucky and Falcon yet have such a hard time with Cap. In TWS, Bucky was roughly equal to Cap. In Civil War pretty much everybody beats him up. From Black Panther to IM to Spidey.

No roughly. In the Director's Commentary for TWS, the Russos themselves described them as "equals". And, to be fair, without plot armour, Cap should have lost to both Spiderman and IM as well (but it was his movie, not theirs). Losing to people with superior stats and/or weaponry isn't exactly what I would call low showings. Steve just got hyped up because it was his film. Plus, Tony actually wanted to hurt Bucky. He just wanted Steve out of the way. He never gave Bucky the "final warning" option. In fact, he tried to shoot him in the face with a missile at one point. Also, WS was hardly in the fight with Falcon and Spiderman. His interaction consisted of throwing one punch, throwing a sign, and trying to shield Falcon from Spiderman, which resulted in all of them crashing through that railing and him and Falcon getting pinned down.

And the only time Black Panther had a decisive edge over WS was in his suit (which even allowed him to overpower the robo arm on multiple occasions, rendering Bucky's best option useless), which is hardly a fair fight, considering Winter Soldier (for some dumb reason) chose to H2H throughout 95% of the film, even though pretty much everyone else was packing weapons. And Black Panther also wanted him dead, whereas he just wanted Cap out of the way. And the one direct encounter between Steve and Bucky, in CW, did not go well for Steve. He got overwhelmed and BFR'd in under 15 seconds. Yes, he got caught somewhat by surprise, but it's not like he hasn't fought a brainwashed Bucky before.

In anyways, Steve "beat" Spiderman by using the environment to pin him down. I saw nothing in that fight to indicate that Steve could put Peter down for the count using pure skill and striking power. It took getting tagged by Giant-Man to to have any serious effect on him, and Scott was casually tearing towers and planes apart, and kicked a bus like it was a soccer ball.

Edit: To be honest, I was riding the Civil War hype train right after it came out but, after some time to think, there really are a lot of character inconsistencies in that film (mainly for the sake of plot). Which is why I now still consider TWS to be the better film of the two.

Nibedicus
Spiderman
Iron Man
A fighter jet
A freakin hellicarrier

Darth Thor
^ You think he can beat IM solo?

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ You think he can beat IM solo?

I wuz joking.

Notice the hellicarrier bit at the end? stick out tongue

Was trying to poke fun at how Cap has this "beat anything aura" that let's him beat things way above his pay grade to ride on with the comments above.

Admittedly, will say the joke was a bit difficult to get now that I read it.

sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.