Count Dooku vs Darth Malgus and Satele Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

QuakeBlood
1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All-Out

|King Joker|
Team sweeps.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Team sweeps.

carthage
Dooku ragdolls Satele and then clowns Malgus

AncientPower
Team solidly, Prime Malgus could solo in all but sabers.

TenebrousWay
Team sweeps.

Deronn_solo
Team shits on Dooku in all rounds.

UCanShootMyNova
Teams sweeps.

darthbane77
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Teams sweeps.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Team shits on Dooku in all rounds.

They're not shitting on him in sabers, lol. He can contend with superior duos with superior synergy.

They won't shit on him in Force unless they combine their powers, either.

MythLord
Dooku can take sabers, actually. Dies in every other round, though, probably.

Azronger
Dooku sweeps. Sabers is the only relatively close round. He destroys in Force and all-out.

Geistalt
Originally posted by MythLord
Dooku can take sabers, actually. Dies in every other round, though.

S_W_LeGenD
Wait! People are expecting Count Dooku to contend with Darth Malgus and Satele Shan at the same time?

LMAO

Nephthys
Stupid thread.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Wait! People are expecting Count Dooku to contend with Darth Malgus and Satele Shan at the same time?

LMAO

smile

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

LMAO

Contend? No. Beat the living shit out of them and then use them for breading? Yes.

Kurk
Let's see, Dooku can contend with Kenobi and Anakin

Can we say Kenobi and Anakin > Malgus & Shan?

Emperordmb
Dooku can take sabers, actually. Dies in every other round, though, probably.

NewGuy01
Precisely, Kurk. smile

Ursumeles
Anakin > Malgus & Shan tbh smile

UCanShootMyNova
Malgus > Anakin tbh.

MythLord
TPM Anakin, maybe.

UCanShootMyNova
Try the Anakin that can only stalemate Obi Wan in a force push and struggled to blast open a door. Lmao.

MythLord
Obi-Wan would beat Malgus as well, lol. And struggled to blast open a door? Big deal. There have been much worse low showings proportional to OP SW characters.

Ursumeles
Like Malgus filing to kill a non-force sensitive who was already in in his force choke thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
Obi-Wan would beat Malgus as well, lol. And struggled to blast open a door? Big deal. There have been much worse low showings proportional to OP SW characters.

Let's have a debate on that tbh. Malgus vs Obi Wan.

My point being that Anakin's abilities vary vastly based on his emotional state.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Like Malgus filing to kill a non-force sensitive who was already in in his force choke thumb up

Sure your statement's out of context as ever.

MythLord
Let's have a debate on that tbh. Malgus vs Obi Wan.

Ehh? Lets finish Galen vs Dooku first, if that ever starts. I've debated Obi vs Malgus lots'a'times, it gets repetative.

My point being that Anakin's abilities vary vastly based on his emotional state.

That comes in play with most, if not all of Star Wars characters. The more angry/determined/depressed/guilty/afraid/ready/devoted/inserts other emotions here, they feel, the more they'll under or overperform.

UCanShootMyNova
Finishing Mace vs Galen with Cameron first. After that YOU can make the opener. smile

Most characters don't even come close to Anakin in this regard and when examples like that DO come into play its mostly with Darksiders gaining an amp from their rage.

Ursumeles
Sure your statement's out of context as ever.
Prolly like Anakin failing to open a door.
And the context is prolly that it never happened, because it's a game mechanic.

UCanShootMyNova
Game mechanic?

MythLord
Finishing Mace vs Galen with Cameron first. After that YOU can make the opener.

I mean I can... but I won't. smile

Most characters don't even come close to Anakin in this regard and when examples like that DO come into play its mostly with Darksiders gaining an amp from their rage.

I mean, Anakin is more emotionally unstable than most, but by RotS he seems to have it under control. And I can name a lot of Light Siders benefitting similarly.

UCanShootMyNova
I'm not going to either so...

Wolf. Not even prodding anymore but LoE occurs like days before RotS and he still is clearly an emotional rollercoaster as of RotS.

Ursumeles
Game mechanic?
Yup. Happens only in the gameplay.

MythLord
I'm not going to either so...

You will and you'll like it.

Wolf. Not even prodding anymore but LoE occurs like days before RotS and he still is clearly an emotional rollercoaster as of RotS.

Only by the end of the film. Invisible Hand Anakin is determined and strong. And handsome.

UCanShootMyNova
Honestly I'm not. I went first in our last CAV now it's your go.

And handsome.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/86/b2/ed/86b2ed67f1d63488063aaaa3e0b95e8f.jpg

smile

MythLord
Honestly I'm not. I went first in our last CAV now it's your go.

We didn't have a CaV before this. Just a tournament round.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/86/b2/ed/86b2ed67f1d63488063aaaa3e0b95e8f.jpg

smile

http://data.whicdn.com/images/57606848/superthumb.jpg

UCanShootMyNova
We didn't have a CaV before this. Just a tournament round.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/57606848/superthumb.jpg

Well, I'm counting it.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/l0UBuqyucvw/maxresdefault.jpg

TenebrousWay
How do you guys take accolade about Malgus being the most martially adept Sith until at least Pre-ANH Vader, when the Book of Sith was compiled?

MythLord
Well, I'm not.

Also your image doesn't work. Here's another sexi Annie image:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/d2/55/43/d255434673d54b981c3be84afd765e4c.jpg

Ursumeles
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
How do you guys take accolade about Malgus being the most martially adept Sith until at least Pre-ANH Vader, when the Book of Sith was compiled?
Dooku > RotS Kenobi > Ben Kenobi </~ ANH Vader aa duelist.
Also, when was it said?

UCanShootMyNova
Well, I'm not.

Also your image doesn't work. Here's another sexi Annie image:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/d2/55/43/d255434673d54b981c3be84afd765e4c.jpg

We're at an impasse.

You're man is a crybaby.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/stephanie99911/Dark/040.jpg

MythLord
We're at an impasse.

Um? OK.

You're man is a crybaby.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/stephanie99911/Dark/040.jpg

He's more expressive with his emotions. A good trait, if you ask me. smile

TenebrousWay
Dooku > RotS Kenobi > Ben Kenobi </~ ANH Vader aa duelist.
Also, when was it said?

When Sidious compiled the Book of Sith, some years prior ANH. Said by Sidious himself.

Note that the book is a scientific compilation made by Sidious, including works of Bane, Plagueis, Talzin, Malgus, Sorzus Syn and Sidious himself. So, it isn't just another "yup, u really gut, dude!11!". It's an atemporal, scholarly accolade.

Ursumeles
When Sidious compiled the Book of Sith, some years prior ANH. Said by Sidious himself.

Note that the book is a scientific compilation made by Sidious, including works of Bane, Plagueis, Talzin, Malgus, Sorzus Syn and Sidious himself. So, it isn't just another "yup, u really gut, dude!11!". It's an atemporal, scholarly accolade.
Ups, said the wrong thing.
* What was the quote.

Depends on the quote.

TenebrousWay
Ups, said the wrong thing.
* What was the quote.

Depends on the quote.

That Malgus was an "exemplary warrior" whose "battlefield feats have never been duplicated"

Ursumeles
That Malgus was an "exemplary warrior" whose "battlefield feats have never been duplicated"
That doesn't mean that he is a superior martial artist to all other Sith up to Vader, lol.

Kurk
DId someBody SaY sExY pICturEs?

http://img00.deviantart.net/2695/i/2014/348/6/8/anakin___ahsoka_love_by_ahsokatano_skywalker-d89tk09.jpg

TenebrousWay
That doesn't mean that he is a superior martial artist to all other Sith up to Vader, lol.

So, why it wasn't duplicated by others, then?

Ursumeles
So, why it wasn't duplicated by others, then?
Because it's just Palpatine's opinion, and and it is about battlefield feats, not dueling?

Beniboybling

Note that the book is a scientific compilation made by Sidious, including works of Bane, Plagueis, Talzin, Malgus, Sorzus Syn and Sidious himself. So, it isn't just another "yup, u really gut, dude!11!". It's an atemporal, scholarly accolade. Some years prior? It was written right after the Clone Wars. thumb up

TenebrousWay
Because it's just Palpatine's opinion, and and it is about battlefield feats, not dueling?

An opinion that wasn't contradicted or contested in any way.

It doesn't mean dueling, purely, but general combative ability.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Some years prior? It was written right after the Clone Wars. thumb up

I forgot when it was compiled, tbh. I knew it was after RotS, though. Thanks for clarifying.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by SunRazer
They're not shitting on him in sabers, lol. He can contend with superior duos with superior synergy.

They won't shit on him in Force unless they combine their powers, either.

Yeah, he's getting shit on in both rounds, lmao.

ILS
This is worse-Anakin and Satele vs Dooku, Dooku wins, **** you

****YUUD

Beniboybling
Dooku winning this is well within the realm of possibility yeah.

Tondemonai
Malgus would solo, Dooku gets pasted by the team, lmao.

Deronn_solo
thumb up

SunRazer
Yeah, he's getting shit on in both rounds, lmao.

Oh, well, I'm convinced.

Beniboybling
DC is officially Neph-tier dumb. smile

aalyasecura95
um can someone tell me how does this old coot even stand a chance in this battle??? dooku tried to mess with a grandmaster before and that didnt work out too well for him. and malgus is strong like savage opress so can probably knock dooku around with his strength. he isnt beating two opponents arguably at his level at the same time....

Emperordmb
Yoda could crush Satele Shan in two seconds flat if he wanted to... there is not a comparison to be made between Satele and Yoda.

Kurk
Both are amateurish with their saber skill, relying more on their force powers in combat. A dedicated makashi duelist like Dooku wouldn't have a problem deciphering their move sets and disarming them.

UCanShootMyNova

Still better then Beni tier which is sub Neph. smile

Deronn_solo
Oh, well, I'm convinced.

About as good as your reply, which is to say, not good at all.

This would hurt, if it didn't come from someone who sports a third copy of Chromosome 21.

Emperordmb
Still better then Beni tier which is sub Neph. smile
76OznnGBeoQ

Emperordmb
Honestly I'd call for a DC vs Beni debate, but I get the sense DC would never get around to posting (not to knock you DC cause I definitely think you'd win that one).

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yoda could crush Satele Shan in two seconds flat if he wanted to... there is not a comparison to be made between Satele and Yoda. well satele is at the top of her order so she's going to be very formidable . not yoda level maybe but very high up and very knowledgable and skilled with the ways in the force.

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by Kurk
Both are amateurish with their saber skill, relying more on their force powers in combat. A dedicated makashi duelist like Dooku wouldn't have a problem deciphering their move sets and disarming them. um they're both experienced in combat so they are hardly amateurs. dooku may have studied lightsaber forms a lot but it's a little different when you have to put them into practice against people who have been practicing them constantly in war. so dooku may be more technically skilled but the team has experience. also malgus' strength will be a big factor because dooku usually struggles against people with physical strength.

Beniboybling
Still better then Beni tier which is sub Neph. smile This would hurt, if it didn't come from someone who got owned by a pellycan:

http://i.imgur.com/ugq0nMp.png

smh

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Honestly I'd call for a DC vs Beni debate, but I get the sense DC would never get around to posting (not to knock you DC cause I definitely think you'd win that one). DC got one-shotted by Temp, I'm not convinced he's a challenge anymore. smile

Kurk
Originally posted by aalyasecura95
um they're both experienced in combat so they are hardly amateurs. dooku may have studied lightsaber forms a lot but it's a little different when you have to put them into practice against people who have been practicing them constantly in war. so dooku may be more technically skilled but the team has experience. also malgus' strength will be a big factor because dooku usually struggles against people with physical strength. Dooku has years of combat experience as a jedi lol. Malgus and Shan might be better in terms of overall warriors in battle, but Dooku's not some aristocrat who's never gotten his hands dirty. He's fought Mandalorians. Dooku struggles against physically stronger opponents when they also have similar speed and saber form. Malgus is slow, and Zen Vallow (who's far from Dooku's tier) has been shown to exploit this, dodging several of his strikes and landing several of his own against slow-poke Malgus.

Deronn_solo
DC got one-shotted by Temp, I'm not convinced he's a challenge anymore. smile

It ain't even over yet.....

SunRazer
About as good as your reply, which is to say, not good at all.

You mean the one where I at least outlined why he doesn't get stomped in sabers? You just said "yep, he gets stomped" without even addressing my point.

Cuz u know ur wrong. smile

Deronn_solo
Your A>B>C reasons were pretty shitty, thus you get a shitty "nuh-uh", in return.

Even someone of your limited mental capacity should be able to comprehend that logic.

SunRazer
How it is A>B>C? Obi-Wan and Anakin are in every way superior to Malgus and Satele as duelists, and have far better synergy. I'm talking about every element of them as duelists, not overall (although obviously that amounts to them being better overall).

Debate the point or it's a concession.

TenebrousWay
How it is A>B>C? Obi-Wan and Anakin are in every way superior to Malgus and Satele as duelists, and have far better synergy. I'm talking about every element of them as duelists, not overall (although obviously that amounts to them being better overall).

Debate the point or it's a concession.

Do you consider Obi Wan force showings better than Deceived Malgus' (or his prior iterations)? If yes, why?

SunRazer
Obi-Wan's better than Hope Malgus etc. - I wouldn't say Deceived Malgus. IIRC, most of Obi-Wan's feats were accomplished with build-up time and focus which wouldn't be realistic in combat, whereas Malgus performs on-the-go sort of feats that you can easily bring into combat. And as far as those instantaneous showings go, I think Malgus' are better according to memory.

What I was saying before related to dueling, not Force power.

carthage
Do you think Malgus would be closer to Kenobi's tier if the bring him back in an expansion?

SunRazer
Depends if he gets weaker like Old Master Maul smile

Assuming they make him stronger (because face it, it's TOR, they're not going to make him weaker if they bring him back), then yeah, probably. At most he'd be a notch beneath, IMO. Possibly above, even.

TenebrousWay
Obi-Wan's better than Hope Malgus etc. - I wouldn't say Deceived Malgus. IIRC, most of Obi-Wan's feats were accomplished with build-up time and focus which wouldn't be realistic in combat, whereas Malgus performs on-the-go sort of feats that you can easily bring into combat. And as far as those instantaneous showings go, I think Malgus' are better according to memory.

What I was saying before related to dueling, not Force power.

What do you make of upgraded Malgus one shotting someone who could withstand his (Deceived) force powers before? Note that Aryn was lauded as "one of the most powerful Jedi" and was capable of enhancing her perception to nano time scale (to the point where the exact moment of a hyperspace jump "seemed to freeze before her eyes"wink, while at same time, moving like a blur, "reacting faster than any machine" (according to herself) and multitasking with the ship interface.

SunRazer
Not really a conventional one-shot, really, but yeah, he does grow more powerful by quite a bit, and he presumably gets stronger over the years between the novel and TOR.

TenebrousWay
Not really a conventional one-shot, really, but yeah, he does grow more powerful by quite a bit, and he presumably gets stronger over the years between the novel and TOR.

Don't you consider that Obi Wan is at the risk to be overwhelmed by his powers, based on the fact that End of Deceived Malgus casually semi one shotted (to use your own words) someone who was able to withstand his powers before (there are other feats like Malgus semi blitzing Aadras, who before could react and even cross blades against him)? And we agree that Illum Malgus > Post Deceived Malgus >/>> Deceived Malgus.

Deronn_solo
How it is A>B>C? Obi-Wan and Anakin are in every way superior to Malgus and Satele as duelists,

Based on?

Okay?

Big talk, coming from a washed up has been.

SunRazer
Based on?

Better feats and accolades, for one. Anakin's around where Dooku is, which is definitely above either Malgus or Shan. Obi-Wan's close enough, and his feats against Ventress, Maul and Grievous surpass Malgus and Satele's showings as well.

Which you know is a factor, right?

It's funny when you throw insults that apply to yourself. laughing out loud

SunRazer
Don't you consider that Obi Wan is at the risk to be overwhelmed by his powers, based on the fact that End of Deceived Malgus casually semi one shotted (to use your own words) someone who was able to withstand his powers before (there are other feats like Malgus semi blitzing Aadras, who before could react and even cross blades against him)? And we agree that Illum Malgus > Post Deceived Malgus >/>> Deceived Malgus.

Well, no, because "withstanding" somebody's powers doesn't mean you have to be as powerful as them. I was also referring to Malgus by the end of Deceived before, not at the beginning.

Malgus is definitely more powerful, but one-shotting? Not seeing it.

TenebrousWay
Well, no, because "withstanding" somebody's powers doesn't mean you have to be as powerful as them. I was also referring to Malgus by the end of Deceived before, not at the beginning.

What showings Obi Wan does have that compares with blasting holes in the body of a Jedi Knight, past his lightsaber guard while serverely injured ("barely clinging to life" according Daaru) with lightning? Destroying an entire squadron of star fighters with a mere fraction of his powers, with a spontaneous force scream that also made the ears of the entire crew of a dreadnough to bleed? Deaccelerating and momentarily holding back a freighter (who was considered to be "large" or "big"wink with it's engines at full power(these engines can accelerate at dozens or even hundreds of G's), after he fought Aryn?

Oh, I'm not saying he one shots but I believe the power gap is enough to grant him the decisive edge in an all out setting.

Deronn_solo
Elaborate.

Malgus is like wise, Dooku tier. Having battle unprecedented battle feats, besting Kao And Zallow all of which, was performed, before Malgus gained a substantial degree of strength in the Force, which, would logically, increase his overall combative effectiveness by a significant degree.

Obi-Wan is better than Shan, yeah, no argument here. He's not better than Malgus, though.

As long as Satale doesn't get in Malgus', way, it shouldn't be a problem. Malgus monstrous strength coupled with his adroitness with a blade would cause Dooku fits alone, Satale only has to offer a lite support for the team to secure the victory.

Naaaah.

Your decline has been noted for some time now. smile

SunRazer
Elaborate.

Anakin's bordering on level 9, which is Yoda/Sidious-tier. He's supposedly already the strongest warrior in the Order by this time, nearly a level ahead of Obi-Wan (who has the below).

Obi-Wan's beaten Ventress, matched Maul, and beaten pre-TCW Grievous. He's also enormously superior to Kit Fisto per Gillard, who already has better showings and accolades than Satele in combat.

Tiers are pretty huge. Obi-Wan is in Dooku's tier but can be defeated without too much trouble.

Malgus' "unprecedented battle feats" are far too ambiguous to compare - in any case, Dooku's feats aren't from the battlefield.

It was Return Malgus that got held off by Kao, not Hope. And Return Malgus only defeat Kao after being enraged (and arguably with Kao being tired) - prior to that, he failed to defeat Kao even by his Master's side. It's not a legitimate showing of flat superiority.

That leaves us with Zallow, who is already matched by the likes of Kit Fisto, who is enormously behind Dooku.

Why not? Anakin definitely is, anyway.

I'm not seeing strength or skill that surpasses, say, Grievous, who never gave Dooku fits with a blade. Only Yoda-tier characters have given Dooku "fits" with a blade before.

Satele offers little. Dooku knows Ataru inside-out and outclasses her in combat.

Nah, it's more of a shift in how people think. But basically everyone's declining now, lol. Nobody really gives a shit anymore.

UCanShootMyNova
Just wanted to clarify your point on tiers being huge. Dooku could only defeat Obi Wan easily by RotS when the Force was included. In saber combat they're relatively close and the tiers only reference saber combat as far as I'm aware.

SunRazer
I didn't say easily. I said without too much trouble - which there isn't when you can control their lightsaber, lol.

Dooku's one-shotted Obi-Wan in the comic, but the novel has him unable to break Obi-Wan's defenses, so they basically represent the extreme depictions. The movie's in the middle with Dooku being clearly better than Obi-Wan but not being able to one-shot him.

I've been referring to dueling the whole time.

UCanShootMyNova
Just wanted to clarify. I would still disagree with your use of the term "without too much trouble."

McP
Dooku takes sbaers and all-out. Not sure about the Force. He was able to contend with more powerful duo, like Anakin and Obi-Wan. He held his own against Yoda. Shan isn's much of a factor here, not even sure if she's Fisto's equal in sabers. But it seemd, that she's below.
Malgus is stronger, but if he will be left to figh Dooku alone, he will die every single time.

McP
Just wanted to clarify. I would still disagree with your use of the term "without too much trouble."
Stover's novel is the only source, that might somehow argue with SunRazer's statement. In ROTS movie Dooku wasn't pressed by the due more, then he was pressed by enraged Anakin alone. Another source, "Rise and Fall of DV" stated, that Dooku defended himself effortlessly against the duo. In ROTS comic, Obi-Wan was just stomped by a kick.
Obi-Wan, despite Anakin' presence, was nearly stomped by Dooku's physical attacks; he nearly got kicked away from the platfor at first, and was terribly beaten seconds after.

And one word about Stover's novel. It should be clear, that Dooku had a seconds to defeat Kenobi. And Kenobi's defense was far to great, to be overpowered in that short time. So Dooku doesn't even tried. But in the same book, Dooku, while being extremely exhousted, still managed to defeat Obi-Wan by a physical attack.

nfactor1995
Team wins in a tough fight I think

cs_zoltan
DC's descent into shit tier is fascinating and sad at the same time.

Deronn_solo
Too bad I don't concern myself with the opinions of shitty debaters, who's rep has always been shitty, and likely always will be.

Ursumeles
How is beating Kao and Ven Obi-Wan +?
Kao's best feat is beating high-class fodder, and hype-wise Anoon is as good, if not better; while Ven only blitzed fodder. Granted, that's impressive, but Ben Skywalker did similar things.

Deronn_solo
Congrats on not being able to read and comprehend.

I like you a lot Urs, but how can you possibly miss the bulk of my argument? Even at that level, Vindican was a noted Inquisitor, and Malgus was on his way to becoming the greatest warrior in Vitiate Empire, I wouldn't qualify either as "glorified fodder".

Kao is clearly Anoon's superior.

As for Zallow, blitzing some of the best Sith in a Empire filled with thousands upon thousands and better than Ben killing some Lost Tribe Sith Lords, as well as being a canotical superior to Kao Darach.

But, you miss the point --- Malgus gained a very substantial amount of power after those two showings, thus, he became a far superior combatant overall. So impressive, that his battle field feats was unparalleled, and Sidious noted him as one of his most powerful predecessors.

If after thousands of years after his time, that a Sith stand s out to the most powerful Sith Lord to ever exist, then you know your power is matched by few.

Beniboybling
How is beating Kao and Ven Obi-Wan +?
Kao's best feat is beating high-class fodder, and hype-wise Anoon is as good, if not better; while Ven only blitzed fodder. Granted, that's impressive, but Ben Skywalker did similar things. Malgus only beat Kao with Vindican's help, whose only feat is being beaten by Malgus with Vindican's help lmao.

Deronn_solo
I seperate Malgus, from as he normally was in Return. That explains the wacky showing at least.

Beniboybling
And Kao would also have been exhausted, a non showing all in all.

But what's this about Malgus being the most powerful Sith, and what makes these elite TOR fodder better than Lost Tribesman?

cs_zoltan
Too bad I don't concern myself with the opinions of shitty debaters, who's rep has always been shitty, and likely always will be.

Come on, you can do better than that. It's something I would expect from Syn, not a top 10 shitposter.

Deronn_solo
I like you Zoltan and it's the holidays - I wanna be nicer. smile

@Beni:
Proof he was exhausted? Not that it matters, given Zallow is Kao's superior, and Malgus bested him sans any sort or circumetances.

1. I meant Sidious is the most powerful Sith, and acknowledge Malgus unmatched battle field warrior, while listing him as one of his most powerful predecessors.
2, Because those Sith were noted as one of the best in a of Empire thousands, and the Lost Tribe are not really noted as being anythint more than your average Sith?

cs_zoltan

So you attacked my most sensitive point? Don't you know that my debating ego is everything to me? My whole life revolves around SW debating sad

Ursumeles
I will respond when I can use something bar my mobile phone but...
I like you a lot Urs https://media.tenor.co/images/0562ded117922b0f32dc988d76c7e910/raw

Beniboybling

@Beni:
Proof he was exhausted? Not that it matters, given Zallow is Kao's superior, and Malgus bested him sans any sort or circumetances.

1. I meant Sidious is the most powerful Sith, and acknowledge Malgus unmatched battle field warrior, while listing him as one of his most powerful predecessors.
2, Because those Sith were noted as one of the best in a of Empire thousands, and the Lost Tribe are not really noted as being anythint more than your average Sith? He went all-out against Malgus and Vindican for almost a minute, its only logical that his stamina would have taken a serious hit, and his death reflects that.

1. OK, fair enough.
2. Yeah you said that, but given the Sith among these pools of thousands and getting downed by Republic troopers, why should we care? In the grand scheme of things average would be being generous, they are shit.

ILS
I seperate Malgus, from as he normally was in Return. That explains the wacky showing at least. It's not all that different from the Anakin > Dooku > Kenobi situation, except it's Malgus > Kao > Vindican

TenebrousWay
I find it interesting the narrative that Darach was tired or Malgus was enraged, despite the fact we have no proof but when Malgus force pushed the strike team it's automatically assumed he caught them off guard beucase, you know, we have no proof the team had their defenses up. confused

ILS
There's a discrepancy with the animations regarding the Force lightning - their weapons are holstered while they are hit - and the Force push is just that, a Force push. Savage has Force pushed everyone worth their salt in TCW, even choked Dooku and Ventress at the same time, but it's not conclusive of much other than he's pretty powerful.

Beniboybling
There is also the discrepancy regarding Malgus' inability to crush Darach prior despite having Vindican for back up.

It's called employing logic in both cases, yeah.

ILS
There is also the discrepancy regarding Malgus' inability to crush Darach prior despite having Vindican for back up.

It's called employing logic in both cases, yeah. Sometimes you need a little tap on the nuts to get the ball rolling.

Jmanghan
Team sweeps.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by ILS
There's a discrepancy with the animations regarding the Force lightning - their weapons are holstered while they are hit - and the Force push is just that, a Force push. Savage has Force pushed everyone worth their salt in TCW, even choked Dooku and Ventress at the same time, but it's not conclusive of much other than he's pretty powerful.

I'm not discussing the validity of the feat since I agree it's irrelevant, just the fact there's no proof Darach was either tired or Malgus enraged and some people that applied this same logic before are now drowning in speculation.

It's called employing logic in both cases, yeah.

This can be explained in a myriad of ways. I could even go and state Malgus was jobbing the 2 vs 1 or that Vindican actually hindered him. It has as much substance as your opinion. lmao

You didn't prove anything with your speculations and conjectures, dude. Don't bring logic to the mix when you can't prove your thesis.

Beniboybling
Who cares? Lol. Taking that approach only renders the feat unusable.

Deronn_solo
Honestly, Malgus not becoming noticeably better while enraged, hurts his case, rather than help it.

lmao.

Edit: Ninja'd.

TenebrousWay
Who cares? Lol. Taking that approach only renders the feat unusable.

lolwhat? The correct description of the feat is that Malgus defeated Darach after the Jedi killed Vindican and fended off Malgus before. It's perfectly usable.

If Darach was tired, if Malgus was enraged, if Malgus was jobbing, if Vindican hindered Malgus, if Malgus had cancer, if Malgus likes to drive over the speed limit, all them of are unproven speculations (pleonasm intended).

Beniboybling
Uh-huh, and unless you can prove that Malgus was jobbing before hand, that Darach wasn't exhausted and Malgus wasn't enraged then it's unusable evidence as an accurate reflection of his base talents. And you've just admitted that's the case, so gg darling.

TenebrousWay
Uh-huh, and unless you can prove that Malgus was jobbing before hand, that Darach wasn't exhausted and Malgus wasn't enraged then it's unusable evidence as an accurate reflection of his base talents. And you've just admitted that's the case, so gg darling.

There's no such thing as negative proof. The one who claims Darach was tired or that Malgus was enraged is the one who needs to prove his thesis. It's elementary logic, Beni. embarrasment

When you dismiss the feat due to possible mitigating factors, without proving them, you incur another logical fallacy. Beni, you disappoint me. embarrasment

I used the Malgus jobbing as an allusion to your own, flawed logic but with the intention of helping Malgus' case - it can't be proved.

cs_zoltan
Occam's razor. What is more plausible, Malgus jobbing for no apparent reason, a Master and Apprentice having bad synergy, or Malgus getting enraged by the death/failure of his master, and Darach getting tired from fighting 1vs2?

I think that latter. And apparently others do too.

Azronger
What the hell is this? Dooku has never had any trouble facing two opponents at once. In fact, I'd say he relishes under the assault of two foes, given his performances against Obi-Wan and Anakin in S6 and RotS. I say he eviscerates Shan with absolutely no difficulty at all, and then deals with Malgus using his superior swordsmanship and unarmed skill.

And if we factor in the Force, he'll probably just one-shot Shan and proceed to ragdoll Malgus.

Beniboybling
There's no such thing as negative proof. The one who claims Darach was tired or that Malgus was enraged is the one who needs to prove his thesis. It's elementary logic, Beni. embarrasment

When you dismiss the feat due to possible mitigating factors, without proving them, you incur another logical fallacy. Beni, you disappoint me. embarrasment

I used the Malgus jobbing as an allusion to your own, flawed logic but with the intention of helping Malgus' case - it can't be proved. That's just a elaborated rewording of what you already said, my response is unchanged. erm

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Azronger
What the hell is this? Dooku has never had any trouble facing two opponents at once. In fact, I'd say he relishes under the assault of two foes, given his performances against Obi-Wan and Anakin in S6 and RotS. I say he eviscerates Shan with absolutely no difficulty at all, and then deals with Malgus using his superior swordsmanship and unarmed skill.

And if we factor in the Force, he'll probably just one-shot Shan and proceed to ragdoll Malgus. it's a disgrace.

Deronn_solo
Az being absolutely laughable as always. laughing out loud

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Occam's razor. What is more plausible, Malgus jobbing for no apparent reason, a Master and Apprentice having bad synergy, or Malgus getting enraged by the death/failure of his master, and Darach getting tired from fighting 1vs2?

I think that latter. And apparently others do too.

That's a heuristic and also logically unreliable. Now that you distorted Occam's razor to try to support your appeal to both majority and probability, you are free to prove your case, because I'm certain you know that Occam's razor helps to formulate theories but in any way proves them, eh?

Beniboybling
Az being absolutely laughable as always. laughing out loud You and him should have a debate. smile

Azronger
Az being absolutely laughable as always. laughing out loud

"As always"? Even when you have praised me and my arguments? Even when I one-shot you? Would you label yourself as "laughable", too? You're just roasting yourself here, buddy.

TenebrousWay
That's just a elaborated rewording of what you already said, my response is unchanged. erm

Don't worry, Beni. It's an old human habit to scrap logic when it doesn't support the preferred results. You aren't doing anything new. smile

Raptor22

I'm not seeing strength or skill that surpasses, say, Grievous, who never gave Dooku fits with a blade. Only Yoda-tier characters have given Dooku "fits" with a blade before. .

Have to disagree with this part here.

"And as to the generals combat skills, few, if any, jedi would be capable of defeting him. There had been moments during the extensive combat sessions when even Dooku had been hard pressed to out duel the cyborg."

-Labyrinth of Evil

Deronn_solo
You can present your arguments nicely, and still be laughable in the process. thumb up

Never happen AFAIK, also, you still have yet to reply to that comment on the Revan and Vitiate vs Plagueis and Tenebrous thread.

Also, just 'cuz a person didn't respond, doesn't mean they "lost" or "conceded", lmao. Not in regards to myself, anyway.

Oh, I wouldn't know --- I don't comment much on my own debating abilities these days, like I did, say, 1-2 years ago.

Beniboybling
Don't worry, Beni. It's an old human habit to scrap logic when it doesn't support the preferred results. You aren't doing anything new. smile Nope, you just can't seem to grasp how the feat is bunk no matter how you look at it. I appreciate your input tho. thumb up

Azronger
You can present your arguments nicely, and still be laughable in the process. thumb up

So... because they disagree with your personal opinion, they're automatically laughable? laughing out loud

Lack of motivation, mostly. And I still have Nai to deal with.

And you haven't responded to this, either: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15999495#post15999495

My post: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15960229#post15960229

Your concession: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15974811#post15974811

One. Shot. thumb up

Azronger
TenebrousWay reminds me of Ziggy for some reason.

TenebrousWay
Nope, you just can't seem to grasp how the feat is bunk no matter how you look at it. I appreciate your input tho. thumb up

I'm not discussing the quality of the feat but the logical malabarism and double standards commonly practiced.

Originally posted by Azronger
TenebrousWay reminds me of Ziggy for some reason.

Don't project your sexual fantasies over me. lmao

Deronn_solo
Only when they pitfall into the ominous realm of ridiculousness. I agree with Ant on little, but I don't find most of his arguments to be laughable.

*Shrugs*
If you say so, lal.

Actually, you made two replies in that debate, thus, not a one- shot.

Aside from that, even all-time greats have lost to peoole below their threshold, hardly indicative of much, tbh.

cs_zoltan
That's a heuristic and also logically unreliable. Now that you distorted Occam's razor to try to support your appeal to both majority and probability, you are free to prove your case, because I'm certain you know that Occam's razor helps to formulate theories but in any way proves them, eh? https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu/giphy.gif

Beniboybling
I'm not discussing the quality of the feat but the logical malabarism and double standards commonly practiced.Originally posted by TenebrousWay
lolwhat? The correct description of the feat is that Malgus defeated Darach after the Jedi killed Vindican and fended off Malgus before. It's perfectly usable. mmm

logical malabarismlmao

Ursumeles
Lawl. This b!tchfights are lolworthy(tho I obviously have my own).
Also, wtf is a oneshot is a debate? Even when you horribly massacre someone in one single post, but they can still respond. So...no oneshot.
On the other side, someone can make the worst, most pathetic, post in the history of debating, but when his opponent(even if he would be the greatest debater of all time -no hint at you, Deronn stick out tongue- won't respond, got he then oneshotted?
LMFAO
This isn't Star Wars, or DC, it's debating.

Deronn_solo
Not a ***** fight 'cuz none of us is actually being serious right now.

Beniboybling
i would one-shot all of u irl

|King Joker|
What the **** does malabarism mean

Ursumeles
Not a ***** fight 'cuz none of us is actually being serious right now.
Just sayin' that it's no wonder that everyone declines as debater, when that's the dominant discussion on the boards smile
ur mum

TenebrousWay
mmm

lmao

Since when giving a direct description of the feat is measuring it's quality for character debating? The fact Malgus defeated Darach is irrefutable. This is obviously suitable to application. If you want to introduce further events in the feat - and then avail it's quality - then you need to prove these new events actually happened.

TenebrousWay
What the **** does malabarism mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOd-uBt48VY

|King Joker|
Ok ok i see what you were going for

Azronger
Only when they pitfall into the ominous realm of ridiculousness.

i.e. "When they contradict my opinion."

I guess he's a bit more "grounded" than me in his opinions, yeah.

Two-shot, then. Not a very admirable performance from you in any case.

Excuses smile

Beniboybling
Since when giving a direct description of the feat is measuring it's quality for character debating? The fact Malgus defeated Darach is irrefutable. This is obviously suitable to application. If you want to introduce further events in the feat - and then avail it's quality - then you need to prove these new events actually happened. Not to this debate no, it doesn't prove anything in regards to his combative ability under normal circumstances. Or rather, it's bunk. So I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous question:

Who cares?

TenebrousWay
Not to this debate no, it doesn't prove anything in regards to his combative ability under normal circumstances. Or rather, it's bunk. So I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous question:

OK, lmao.

Deronn_solo

I'm pretty sure I'd totally smash you.

UCanShootMyNova
I'm pretty sure I'd smash all of ur asses before getting my teeth knocked in. wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>