Anakin w/ orbalisks vs. Sidious (Sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Peak ROTS Anakin with orbalisk armor vs ROTS Sidious. Sabers only

UCanShootMyNova
Sidious.

AncientPower
Rofl Anakin, that armor is way too big of a game changer.

Kurk
Originally posted by AncientPower
Rofl Anakin, that armor is way too big of a game changer.

Azronger
Assuming Anakin could wear it in the first place without passing out from the pain, I don't understand what prevents Sidious from just slicing his head off, since the armor doesn't cover that.

MythLord
Anakin.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Azronger
Assuming Anakin could wear it in the first place without passing out from the pain
Given he tanked getting sliced and diced and burn to a crisp on Mustafar like a champ, I doubt whatever the Orbalisk cooks up will be too much for him to handle.

Azronger
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Given he tanked getting sliced and diced and burn to a crisp on Mustafar like a champ, I doubt whatever the Orbalisk cooks up will be too much for him to handle.

Anakin would literally have to outright ignore the pain in order to maximize the armor's efficiency. And judging by his shrieks on Mustafar, I doubt that's going to happen.

MythLord
Bane has effectively ignored the pain... Why can't Anakin?

Deronn_solo
Anakin would literally have to outright ignore the pain in order to maximize the armor's efficiency. And judging by his shrieks on Mustafar, I doubt that's going to happen.

I'm sorry, but has Bane been in the same situation as Anakin was on Mustafar, he wouldn't have taken it any better.

The fact he only shrieked after going through what he did, is telling display of his pain threshold.

Beniboybling
Yeah your average person would have died/fallen unconcious, let alone tried to claw their way up the bank.

Azronger
Originally posted by MythLord
Bane has effectively ignored the pain... Why can't Anakin?

Because if you are screaming your lungs out, you aren't ignoring the pain.

Azronger
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Yeah your average person would have died/fallen unconcious, let alone tried to claw their way up the bank.

Did I ever say Anakin was average?

Azronger
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
I'm sorry, but has Bane been in the same situation as Anakin was on Mustafar, he wouldn't have taken it any better.

Based on?

Well, obviously it is indicative of a very high pain tolerance. If he hadn't shrieked, though, it would be even more impressive.

Beniboybling
Did I ever say Anakin was average? You put him beneath Bane, so yeah.

Solar Power
Bane screamed when his arm got disintegrated by the dark side tendrils, and Bane was knocked unconscious when his reflected lightning fried him. Anakin surviving his lava bath after dismemberment and maintaining consciousness is very comparable if not superior, not to mention wasn't he conscious the whole time during the operation of his suit, without pain meds?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Solar Power
Bane screamed when his arm got disintegrated by the dark side tendrils,
And then proceeded to perform a very complex Sith ritual while experiencing that agony.

and Bane was knocked unconscious when his reflected lightning fried him.
Bane stayed conscious through being trapped in a storm of lightning that blackened orbalisk shells, on top of the orbalisks covering his entire body chewing through his muscles flesh and bones while expanding inside of him, and only went unconscious when they exploded inside of his body and released their poison.

Anakin surviving his lava bath after dismemberment and maintaining consciousness is very comparable if not superior, not to mention wasn't he conscious the whole time during the operation of his suit, without pain meds?
Superior? No.

You can definitely argue Anakin has the willpower or pain resistance to handle orbalisk armor, but saying "Bane can do it, therefore Anakin can because Bane" is an unfounded argument.

Solar Power
Originally posted by Emperordmb
And then proceeded to perform a very complex Sith ritual while experiencing that agony.

That may be, but I was just bringing that up since Azronger said screaming was a depreciating quality of Anakin's feat. I'm sure if Anakin only had an arm cut off instead of 3/4 limbs, he woulda kept trucking after Obi Wan, not that the sensation of dismemberment by lightsaber is comparable to that of the tendrils.

Bane stayed conscious through being trapped in a storm of lightning that blackened orbalisk shells, on top of the orbalisks covering his entire body chewing through his muscles flesh and bones while expanding inside of him, and only went unconscious when they exploded inside of his body and released their poison.

Yea that's an impressive feat, thanks for the correction, but I think it's still comparable since Bane was knocked unconscious by the end of it, while Anakin was attempting to claw his way back up. I have no idea how to quantify the pain they experienced, but if you're saying Bane's was worse, I would still say they are comparable given the state they in by the end.

O I think these "X character, but WITH orbalisks" threads are dumb, I was more interested in the comparison of pain tolerance between Bane and Anakin.

Azronger
You put him beneath Bane, so yeah.

Lol. But in all seriousness, is there actually something else you can offer in terms of arguments?

Selenial
You put him beneath Bane, so yeah.

> implying Bane is even remotely near or above average

Beniboybling
Lol. But in all seriousness, is there actually something else you can offer in terms of arguments? Anakin remaining conciousness while being burnt alive is more than sufficient kek.

Also, Bane screamed like a little b*tch when the orbalisks first latched on to him.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Selenial
> implying Bane is even remotely near or above average Yeah my bad.

Also given that we know that pain tolerance is directly related to Force power, the logic that if Bane can Anakin can is actually pretty sound. smile

Azronger
Anakin remaining conciousness while being burnt alive is more than sufficient kek.

Sufficient enough to not even notice the pain of the Orbalisks? Forgive my disbelief.

True, but irrelevant.

Beniboybling
Sufficient enough to not even notice the pain of the Orbalisks? Forgive my disbelief.???

Bane was in constant pain lol. And not noticing said pain is not necessary to wear the orbalisks anyway. erm

Yeah, bringing up the fact that Anakin screamed while being burned alive was pretty f*cking irrelevant. smile

Kurk
Any normal person would've passed out from the pain of being burned alive and the operation Vader experienced after. Didn't Sidious purposely design Vader's suit so he was always feeling some degree of pain knowing it gives him strength? Orbalisks are great; Anakin will thrive.

Rebel95
Lol @ thinking Anakin can't handle orbalisks

Freedon Nadd
I am not even sure if the orbalisks would benefit Anakin with something since they attach only on darksiders.

Rebel95
The point is that he has armor, don't look into it too much.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Rebel95
The point is that he has armor, don't look into it too much.
Well it kind of does since the orbalisks, have been canonically established to feed on the dark side.
So, the logics of the universe still apply.
Or are we talking of Mustafar-Anakin?

McP
ROTS Anakin at his best would be already a hard challange for Palpatine. In sabers only, against Anakin who will be even faster, even stronger and well protected, Palpatine would die quickly. Anakin is not Bane, with his level of skill, that armor will make im untouchable in pure saber fight.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by McP
ROTS Anakin at his best would be already a hard challange for Palpatine. In sabers only, against Anakin who will be even faster, even stronger and well protected, Palpatine would die quickly. Anakin is not Bane, with his level of skill, that armor will make im untouchable in pure saber fight.
Isn't the armor preventing its wearer from performing acrobatic movements?

Rebel95
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Well it kind of does since the orbalisks, have been canonically established to feed on the dark side.
So, the logics of the universe still apply.
Or are we talking of Mustafar-Anakin?
It kind of does what? This is a hypothetical situation where Anakin has orbalisk armor, whether orbalisks work for a light side user doesn't matter, just pretend they do.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Rebel95
It kind of does what? This is a hypothetical situation where Anakin has orbalisk armor, whether orbalisks work for a light side user doesn't matter, just pretend they do.
Okay. LMFAO xD
Still doesn't the armor prevent its wearer to 'freely' move? IIRC, this armor gives you greater physical strength and resistance, but isn't making you 'slower'?
I take evil Anakin version anyway as the op didn't suggest what version is. Just to make sense to me.

UCanShootMyNova
Orbalisks armor is actually stated to make you faster. Don't know if it hinders your agility.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Orbalisks armor is actually stated to make you faster. Don't know if it hinders your agility.
Any scans for making you faster?
'Cause I know that the orbalisks prevent from being 'stealthy'.

UCanShootMyNova
Well, I mean, yeah. Having protruding armor makes it pretty hard to be stealthy. Emp should have the quotes.

The Ellimist
Anakin stomps lol

MythLord
I doubt he stomps. The orbalisk still leaves some parts exposed that Sheev could exploit, and while Annie is on his general level as a duelist, I'd wager Palpatine is still superior.

However, Anakin does win, given Anakin's comparable skill will make it hard for Sidious to break through to the vulnerable points and he would likely get in a kill shot before that happens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.