Which IP should TellTale cover next?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
As the title says, which IP should TellTale make a story on?

Jmanghan
To start things off, maybe Evil Dead?

That series has always had strong writing, humor, and an interesting story, and with all the side-stories, or even main stories, this would be a welcome addition.

BackFire
Really any IP could be done if they wanted. Like they did Minecraft and that doesn't even have a narrative.

I think Witcher would be cool, maybe Deus Ex.

As far as comics, maybe Saga.

Lord of the Rings would also be really cool.

Ridley_Prime
I guess I'd be up for some other comic superheroes getting some love from them that they wouldn't get otherwise as far as solo games. Superman, perhaps? Come on, you know you'd want to make choices with Lois Lane. Evil Dead would be good too though, yeah.

Kazenji
Alot of the 2000ad properties would be good to.

cdtm
Undertale.

Inhuman
WestWorld

Smasandian
Star Wars......

Or a pure detective type atmosphere but with a real-life crime scene work.

Arachnid1
I actually wish they'd start doing games on books without movie/show properties.

Stormlight Archive would be awesome

Kazenji
What sort of books?....because they also have Guardians of the Galaxy on the way too.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Kazenji
What sort of books?....because they also have Guardians of the Galaxy on the way too. I more meant full out novels, but comic books would be cool too. Just something more relatively unexplored than Guardians.

Ridley_Prime
Agreed. Guardians doesn't need TellTale's help like other IP's do; of course nor did Batman, much as I ended up liking it to my surprise.

Nibedicus
Cthulu!

cdtm
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I actually wish they'd start doing games on books without movie/show properties.

Stormlight Archive would be awesome

Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser could make a nice line of games. The stories and environments could be converted pretty easily.

Nemesis X
Telltale did awesomely with Borderlands. Be interesting to see them tell a story with other shooters like Destiny or Overwatch.

Zack Fair
Destiny would be great with its rich lore

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Cthulu!

thumb up

I dunno, Star Wars maybe? Blade Runner? Warhammer, kek?

The Wolf Among Us 2 and more Borderlands needs to be made too.

Impediment
Hellblazer.

Impediment
Originally posted by BackFire
As far as comics, maybe Saga.

I love you. ❤️

cdtm
Originally posted by Nephthys
thumb up

I dunno, Star Wars maybe? Blade Runner? Warhammer, kek?

The Wolf Among Us 2 and more Borderlands needs to be made too.

Surprised a Star Wars hasn't been done.

DC beat Disney to the punch on this one.

Ridley_Prime
Thought about Star Wars, but how much I'd be invested in a TT game of it really depends on what era or EU material it's set in.

cdtm
Hey, they haven't done anything with Hulk lately, have they?

The format is ideal for exploring the man behind the monster.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Destiny would be great with its rich lore I hope this is a jab, because its a pretty good one.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Undertale. I don't think there's much you can add to the Undertale story.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I hope this is a jab, because its a pretty good one.

Destiny does have great lore. A decent campaign is what it lacks.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Jmanghan
As the title says, which IP should TellTale make a story on?

Honestly? Star Trek. It's dialogue-heavy enough, and the variety of choices you could make means that there's plenty to work with in that sense.

TNG ideally, but i'd take a TOS one too.

cdtm
Deep Space Nine!

'Cause Avery Brooks and most of the cast are probably easiest to get for va work. wink

-Pr-
DS9 would be my choice (it IS the best trek after all), but TNG or TOS would sell better, I would imagine.

Firefly218
I was supremely disappointed in their rendition of Batman. The story was nice and I got into it but there's a million bugs, super laggy and the clincher is that your choices don't matter. I'd made a few pivotal choices and the game continued as if I'd made the opposite choice, it may be just a bug but that compromises the whole game for me.

Went from can't miss to can't play in the matter of a moment

cdtm
Originally posted by Firefly218
I was supremely disappointed in their rendition of Batman. The story was nice and I got into it but there's a million bugs, super laggy and the clincher is that your choices don't matter. I'd made a few pivotal choices and the game continued as if I'd made the opposite choice, it may be just a bug but that compromises the whole game for me.

Went from can't miss to can't play in the matter of a moment

The illusion of choice is true of all Tell-Tale games.

And yeah, this could have used more polishing. They changed engines, causing problems, but rushing it out with half finished/buggy textures is inexcusible.

I did enjoy it, though. Worth the 7 or so I paid on sale.

Ridley_Prime
Didn't come across any bugs on my end.

cdtm
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Didn't come across any bugs on my end.

What platform?

The MS system I played it on featured disappearing/resppearing textures on the walls, and in some cases things like white boxes where a poster should be.

-Pr-
PC had some pretty bad issues at launch for a lot of players. I didn't experience texture issues, but on a machine with a decent graphics card, my framerate was ****ing awful at times.

Ridley_Prime
What platform?

The MS system I played it on featured disappearing/resppearing textures on the walls, and in some cases things like white boxes where a poster should be.
Oh, PS4.

Forgot the game suffered the same curse on PC as with other Batman games after Arkham City (typical WB phuckery). Had maybe a little lag on a part or two, but that was about it.

cdtm
I wonder if anyone beta test's anymore.

Why does Platinum Games, a relatively small time dev, have a far better record of good ports?

Jmanghan
The Elder Scrolls?

Firefly218
The illusion of choice is true of all Tell-Tale games.

And yeah, this could have used more polishing. They changed engines, causing problems, but rushing it out with half finished/buggy textures is inexcusible.

I did enjoy it, though. Worth the 7 or so I paid on sale. It's not just a surfacy bug like poor textures that's my problem, it's a fundamental glitch in the very center of a gamers experience. I'll give an example, there were two options to either fuk catwoman or reject her come-ons. I chose to hit that but then later in conversations and "previously" cutscenes the game says I rejected her. That's just one example of the several choices the game completely ignores and contradicts.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Firefly218
It's not just a surfacy bug like poor textures that's my problem, it's a fundamental glitch in the very center of a gamers experience. I'll give an example, there were two options to either fuk catwoman or reject her come-ons. I chose to hit that but then later in conversations and "previously" cutscenes the game says I rejected her. That's just one example of the several choices the game completely ignores and contradicts. Least its not "Beyond Two Souls".

...Ugh....

Jmanghan
Dark Souls anyone?

Nephthys
I don't see how that could possibly work.

Sherlock Holmes?

Adam Grimes
Constantine/Hellblazer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.