MCU Luke Cage vs. Lady Deathstrike

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Who wins?

TheVaultDweller
If her claws can cut him, she should win. She displayed greater speed and agility in combat than he did. That being said, Luke has shown that he can keep fighting even while severely injured (he was still tossing cops around after taking 2 Judas bullets to the torso), and Deathstrike doesn't have much in the way of blunt force trauma feats.

I'd still side with Lady Deathstrike for a majority though.

Henry_Pym
Ooc I can see Luke winning, but I can't imagine him in character strangling her with a steel bar for a win.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Luke seems very reluctant to seriously hurt anyone, even people trying to kill him. Hell, when friggin' Kilgrave commanded him to kill Jessica, he still tried (and was mildly successful) in resisting. laughing

Then again, would he still hold back if some crazy woman with clawed fingers tries to disembowel him? He doesn't know her, like he did the others. And at some point, it is kill or be killed.

Then again, he might just take her out for coffee. lol

Henry_Pym
A bullet to the head dropped Logan for a short while so he could get a forum win with a forehead punch.

TheVaultDweller
Best feat I can actually recall for LD, in terms of taking a hard impact, was shrugging one of Cyclops' optic blasts (Logan just tried to stab her). But it seemed to be a fairly quick, low-powered hit, so no idea how much power he actually put into it. He seemed to hit the one guard with similar power, and I highly doubt he was trying to kill that guy. At around the 50 second mark:

f1wtbs8ZiiA

I still feel like her speed and agility would give her a notable edge though. She was basically a super ninja with bladed fingers.

KingD19
Yeah that was a low level blast. Remember in the first movie he quickly blasted Creed through the Statue of Liberty and at least a few hundred feet out to sea. And he also blasted a huge chunk out of that building when Toad snagged his glasses.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah that was a low level blast. Remember in the first movie he quickly blasted Creed through the Statue of Liberty and at least a few hundred feet out to sea. And he also blasted a huge chunk out of that building when Toad snagged his glasses.

That is true. And this is the reason I am not 100% sure about Deathstrike here. She could handle stabs/slices well enough (though they did seem to cause her notable pain before she could heal), but we have no idea how well she would handle a full-powered punch from Luke to the face, for example. For all we know, it could knock her out cold, or she could get up 5 seconds later and keep fighting.

KingD19
Well the only thing we can do is base her off Logan. She's also only got the claws, so a full force punch would pulverize her skull.

TheVaultDweller
Good point. I don't think we are ever told to what extent she was given adamantium. Best evidence available were some of the x-rays on the wall, in that lab, but it only really showcases her arms, and doesn't show how far the adamantium bonding process went (at least not that I can recall, but I might be wrong). Might have been full body, or it might have stopped there.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/53933/1009708-deathstrikexray.jpg

Wolverine is difficult to scale from though. His showings are all over the place, across the films. In one film, he gets KO'd by being smacked by a tree. In Origins, Creed tosses him into the path of truck, which hurts him, but fails to KO him. The first showing is with adamantium while the second showing I mentioned was without.

KingD19
The only canon we have is Stryker in Origins saying only Logan could survive the full bonding process.

TheVaultDweller
Yes, but X2 is set later in the time-line, and Stryker even tells Logan, "I used to think you were one of a kind, Wolverine. I was wrong.". So, it's pretty vague, either way.

But, as Imp has said previously, vague statements etc. don't really count as evidence. Screen feats matter more.

Nibedicus
https://youtu.be/e4Hdubzs7kk

Seemed to imply it was full body. Check (1:06) pictures of her skull and torso had x-rays on the wall. If it were just her arms, there's little reason for thewriter to include the full body/skull scans.

Also, strength-wise she seems to be around Captain America level as when she easily threw adamantium Wolverine a good 30 feet, crashing into a concrete pillar strong enough to shatter it.

TheVaultDweller
I missed those shots (though hard to see which are all hers). That lab was old and worn down, and seemingly out of use for some time. For all we know, some of those might still be shots of Logan. And part of the damage to that pillar is likely due to the fact that Logan's own skeleton is adamantium as well, which is harder than the pillar.

But even if we assume it was full body, it still doesn't really give us an answer though. Even an adamantium skeleton doesn't guarantee being able to handle extreme blunt force (can still get her brain scrambled inside her head), and she has no real blunt force resistance feats of note.

Like I said, I still think LD takes a majority, but the answer to how well she would take a full-powered punch to the head from Luke is still unknown. He himself has pulverised things like steel and concrete with his fists, and was able to KO regular humans by literally just tapping them on the head.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.