V VS WS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
Cuz V + VS = WS thus V VS WS looks cool to me. :-D

WS in hydra kill minset.

R1: Knife fight. Fight in the sewer where V had his last stand.

R2: WS faces the soldiers V faced at the end of the movie. (Not V). Same circumstances as V.

R3: V vs BP, can V survive as long as WS did vs Black Panther? Panther out to kill. Rooftop battle as per CW.

R4: V vs Cap. In the core of the hellicarrier. As per end of TWS.

TheVaultDweller
Winter Soldier might be in trouble here. V, in full armour (which I am assuming he has here), had some insane damage soak, and was extremely fast.

vPlT2uKruwM

John Murdoch
R1: Hard to call. As Vault pointed out, V showed superhuman damage soak and speed during the final showdown with Creedy and his men, but Winter Soldier has the strength advantage. I'd need to watch the fights from Winter Soldier again (particularly his knife fights) to get refreshed. Saying WS for now.

R2: Don't see WS taking the Creedy firing squad. During the initial volley from Creedy and his men, V's armor plating blocked many bullets, but plenty got through, and he still moved fast enough to kill them all before any of them could reload barring the one guy who took a thrown dagger to the forehead. Creedy fired back all five rounds in his revolver, which V stumbled through for the neck snap victory. If WS makes it through the initial volley, Creedy and his men all get killed, but I think WS dies from too many gunshot wounds.

R3: Nope. IMO, Black Panther gets his revenge. V's biggest advantages over the average opponent - strength, reflexes, agility, and speed - BP has more of, plus an indestructible suit. EDIT: Also, I don't see V outrunning Black Panther, so running away is going to be harder for V than it was for Bucky.

R4: Cap wins, though if V can keep Cap on the defensive with his throwing knives and slip through his defenses, he could cause some problems. Only thing is, Bucky is WAY stronger than V, and if V tries to take the shield or goes H2H with Cap, he's done. Cap blocks some thrown knives from V, V tries to go knives vs shield, Cap decimates V.

Nibedicus
R1: WS is no slouch in speed himself and his robot arm gives him an extremely effective defense against the daggers. He's been able to block gunfire with the arm as well as back-catch Cap's shield. Even if it were aim blocking the speed and skill needed to aim-block gunfire takes split second precision. He would use his robot arm as a sort of very mobile/accurate shield to deflect dagger attacks and attack with his knife.

Even with V's body armor, I could imagine WS knocking V on his back and finishing him off on the ground or grabbing a limb, snapping it like a twig to disarm.

R2: WS could just grab one of the 2 gunmen who approached early, use him as a shield then use his extreme mobility to close distances quickly. Then use the ensuing chaos that happens as they start firing into their own ranks as they try to hit him.

Khazra Reborn
V is good, but IMO Bucky is too much of a physical powerhouse for him in a head on fight.

FrothByte
Have to agree with Nib here. V is faster but WS is better in every other category, plus he's not exactly slow himself. His mechanical arm gives him a good defensive/offensive tool and he's had a lot more experience going up against enhanced individuals whereas V has only ever taken out humans.

KingD19
Keep in mind V is also "Fast", but only compared to normal humans. And based on the way society was, probably not elite trained humans either. They could barely reload their guns. Or ya know, shoot him in the face at least once.

So he may find himself surprised when he tries to blitz Bucky and gets his chest caved in.

Surtur
Civil War is available on netflix now and has a lot of good feats for Bucky as well.

TheVaultDweller
I personally think damage soak would be a bigger issue than speed. Seems like he can tank a lot that isn't in critical areas. But Bucky should be smart enough to pick that up quickly, and go for a neck stab or something, now that I think about it more.

KingD19
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I personally think damage soak would be a bigger issue than speed. Seems like he can tank a lot that isn't in critical areas. But Bucky should be smart enough to pick that up quickly, and go for a neck stab or something, now that I think about it more.

V's damage soak is impressive. But again, he is still basically human. I don't see him tanking more than one of Bucky's full force punches, and that one punch will have him on the ground with something broken if it's clean.

Estacado
WS didnt block bullets because of his speed he blocked them because the people who were shooting him acted like retards....

KingD19
Originally posted by Estacado
WS didnt block bullets because of his speed he blocked them because the people who were shooting him acted like retards....

He dodged a full on barrage from Falcon from like, 5 feet away. And the guys who shot at Bucky were highly trained soldiers with assault rifles. Yet he blocked bullets with his arm. Now that means either they aimed only for his big metal arm, the clearly most durable part of his body. Or he's good enough to block bullets. The guys who shot at V were scared, useless cops in a society where no one did anything wrong. And they had pistols. V didn't even dodge most of the bullets, so the comparison kinda falls flat.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

To be fair, we don't know how well V's durability can withstand hits from superhumans like Bucky. Bucky, we already know he can take hits from guys like Cap and even IM to a certain degree.

So even if V can tank a few stab and cut wounds here and there, I wouldn't bet on him surviving a full punch to the face from WS's robot arm.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Estacado

Will have to completely disagree there.

IIRC, WS had 3 instances where he blocked bullets. Once in WS from a trained SHIELD strike team. Twice during the Apartment scene where he managed to block the shots from a cop doing surprise ceiling drop at the stairway and one who came in thru a window and kept blasting him and was even strafing sideways (meaning Bucky had to do minute adjustments just to avoid getting shot).

All the guys shooting at him are implied to be highly trained. These were not street thugs, security guards or beat cops.

There are enough showings to prove that these showings are not PIS/flukes. WS blocked bullets because blocking bullets is part of what he can do.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, the first instance, from TWS, was against trained SHIELD agents. The instances I can recall, in CW, were against German Special Forces troops. Hardly inexperienced gunmen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.