Thanos Vs Superman fist fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stop the hate
Pre Nu52

Physical attributes only speed, strength, invulnerablility, endurance.

Scenario 1

On the surface of the Earth

Scenario 2

On the Surface of Mercury

Scenario 3

On the Surface of the Sun Sol

Scenario 4

On the Surface of a Blue Sun

Cogito
Thanos
Thanos
Superman
Superman

For scenario 2, Mercury is about 3x closer to the sun than Earth, but still 30+ million miles away from it. There's no real context that I can think of for Superman being significantly-closer-but-still-really-far-away, so I'm deferring to the assumption that the distance is still far enough that he would have only a marginal benefit.

h1a8
Superman in all. Stronger and vastly faster.

mighty adam
Fist fight superman

Surtur
1-Thanos
2-Thanos
3-Superman
4-Not sure what a blue sun does to Supes

carver9
It amps him, significantly. Also gives him new abilities.

carver9
Anyways, Superman wins all of them.

Surtur
Originally posted by carver9
It amps him, significantly. Also gives him new abilities.

I guess he wins 2 out of 4.

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
I guess he wins 2 out of 4.

No, he losses all of them.

Surtur
No, he losses all of them.

Before you say Superman wins them all now you say he loses them all.

Flyattractor
Carver just suffered his First FanBoy Fanatic BrainFart.

carver9
Before you say Superman wins them all now you say he loses them all.

I'm saying Thanos losses them all.

Surtur
I'm saying Thanos losses them all.

So you apparently thought I was talking about Thanos when I said he wins 2 out of 4? Even though I was quoting a comment from you..about Superman?

carver9
So you apparently thought I was talking about Thanos when I said he wins 2 out of 4? Even though I was quoting a comment from you..about Superman?

My bad. Thanos losses.

Surtur
My bad. Thanos losses.

Why do you keep using the wrong word?

carver9
Why do you keep using the wrong word?

Because I'm driving and debating at the same time. sad

Thanos get his wig split wide open. Is that better?

Surtur
Because I'm driving and debating at the same time. sad

Thanos get his wig split wide open. Is that better?

Dude that's not safe bro.

It's also not better because Thanos doesn't wear a wig. He wears shoulder pads, but not a wig.

TheHulkster
Thanos wins first two.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Cogito

For scenario 2, Mercury is about 3x closer to the sun than Earth, but still 30+ million miles away from it. There's no real context that I can think of for Superman being significantly-closer-but-still-really-far-away, so I'm deferring to the assumption that the distance is still far enough that he would have only a marginal benefit. Mercury's atmosphere is almost negligible since it's too small to really have an atmosphere thick enough to withstand being buffeted by the sun's solar winds

Adam Grimes
Superman wins the first two fights, as the last two rounds don't count because the battlefield alone would kill Thanos. thumb up

abhilegend
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Superman wins the first two fights, as the last two rounds don't count because the battlefield alone would kill Thanos. thumb up

cdtm
Thanos could beat Pre Crisis Superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm
laughing out loud

h1a8
Thanos could beat Pre Crisis Superman. To beat post crisis Superman he would have to be stronger and as fast. He isn't. Unless you have proof that he is? Otherwise you are trolling.

cdtm
Originally posted by h1a8
To beat post crisis Superman he would have to be stronger and as fast. He isn't. Unless you have proof that he is? Otherwise you are trolling.

He's more durable and more powerful. Superman can't hurt him, while Thanos has multiple ways to stop Superman.

Think Apocolypse vs Quicksilver from that bad Xmen movie.

cdtm
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Mercury's atmosphere is almost negligible since it's too small to really have an atmosphere thick enough to withstand being buffeted by the sun's solar winds

Good to see somebody has some sense.

How about the fight? Think even a sundipped Superman is more powerful then soneone who could stand a beating from a skyfather and a devourer? (Never mind outright ignoring Norrin Radd, who imo operates at a pre crisis DC level, if not quite PC Superman himself..)

LordofBrooklyn

SILENCE HERETIC!!!!

h1a8
He's more durable and more powerful. Superman can't hurt him, while Thanos has multiple ways to stop Superman.

Think Apocolypse vs Quicksilver from that bad Xmen movie. This is a fist fight. More powerful means stronger. Prove that Thanos is stronger.

Did you know that every single herald level being that physically struck Thanos has affected him? 100% of the time. Superman is stronger than all the heralds that has physically struck Thanos. More currently Thanos face got busted by Namor. To say that Superman can't hurt him is trolling.

Lastly, what will Thanos do if Superman decides to do the diner with flash scenario on him. Thanos would be a frozen statue.

h1a8

How about the fight? Think even a sundipped Superman is more powerful then soneone who could stand a beating from a skyfather and a devourer? (Never mind outright ignoring Norrin Radd, who imo operates at a pre crisis DC level, if not quite PC Superman himself..) You are either a troll or an idiot. You should know that all characters operate at different levels in different scenes.

You can't equate SS highest feats with a typical showing from another comic. Drax destroying planets and ripping out core of stars yet being manhandled by Mar-vell. Gladiator busting a planet yet Thing surviving hits from him. Superman withstanding nukes yet getting koed by a gas station. I can go on forever.
SS, on average, can't hurt any high herald with his blasts. Just look at his history. His blasts do nothing to them. Also, Energy blasts and physical hits are too different things.

Sun dipped Superman overpowered thousands of galaxies of power. He would kill vaporize Thanos with a finger pop.

To think that Superman can't hurt Thanos with punches is actually ignoring every instance he was physically struck by a high herald level being. You have no basis.

cdtm
You are either a troll or an idiot. You should know that all characters operate at different levels in different scenes.

You can't equate SS highest feats with a typical showing from another comic. Drax destroying planets and ripping out core of stars yet being manhandled by Mar-vell. Gladiator busting a planet yet Thing surviving hits from him. Superman withstanding nukes yet getting koed by a gas station. I can go on forever.
SS, on average, can't hurt any high herald with his blasts. Just look at his history. His blasts do nothing to them. Also, Energy blasts and physical hits are too different things.

Sun dipped Superman overpowered thousands of galaxies of power. He would kill vaporize Thanos with a finger pop.

To think that Superman can't hurt Thanos with punches is actually ignoring every instance he was physically struck by a high herald level being. You have no basis.

laughing

Surtur
What are people talking about? Thanos could easily survive all these conditions.

He also can't beat PC Superman. PC Supes is hilariously stronger and hilariously faster.

carver9
You are either a troll or an idiot. You should know that all characters operate at different levels in different scenes.

So when does this apply and not apply?

abhilegend

How about the fight? Think even a sundipped Superman is more powerful then soneone who could stand a beating from a skyfather and a devourer? (Never mind outright ignoring Norrin Radd, who imo operates at a pre crisis DC level, if not quite PC Superman himself..)
laughing out loud

cdtm
What are people talking about? Thanos could easily survive all these conditions.

He also can't beat PC Superman. PC Supes is hilariously stronger and hilariously faster.

So is Gladiator, Surfer, Odin, and Galactus.

Thanos can't beat PC Superman in a brawl, but he can certainly survive anything he can dish out long enough to bring his esoteric abilities into play.

A tp assault. Or transmutation. Perhaps magic (Thanos has used magic), or sucking the solar energy out of him.

Tp is most likely.

cdtm
I think people are forgetting just how unbeatable Starlin really made Thanos:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5612/15729240205_251c144e12_b.jpg

NO Superman can one shot someone who can survive the kind of abuse Thanos has. There aren't many characters below the reality warper/cosmic god level who can.

That's just how Starlin rolled with him. And Mongul? That was Starlin copy-pasting Thanos into the DC-verse, and we know how Supes did against him.

Yet Mongul doesn't have the feats Thanos does. He's just a pale immitation.

I don't like it, but I'm just calling it how I see it.

h1a8

NO Superman can one shot someone who can survive the kind of abuse Thanos has. There aren't many characters below the reality warper/cosmic god level who can.

That's just how Starlin rolled with him. And Mongul? That was Starlin copy-pasting Thanos into the DC-verse, and we know how Supes did against him.

Are you serious?

First of all that wasn't a great feat, each reality restored him. Otherwise he would have been messed up permanently.

Second, how does that outweigh every other single showing Thanos has?
He was getting hurt by high heralds, by Odin, etc. If you take that feat as what you are and using it as a representative of Thanos in a forum then you have to accept that no one Galactus and under can ko or kill Thanos. Think about it.

cdtm
"By Odin"

Who one shot KO'd Surfer, but failed to put down Thanos with an extended assault. Such a low showing. laughing out loud

Insane Titan
Are you serious?

First of all that wasn't a great feat, each reality restored him. Otherwise he would have been messed up permanently.

Second, how does that outweigh every other single showing Thanos has?
He was getting hurt by high heralds, by Odin, etc. If you take that feat as what you are and using it as a representative of Thanos in a forum then you have to accept that no one Galactus and under can ko or kill Thanos. Think about it. the other realities didn't restore him, he even says he remained true to his self. Can you read and understand words the words on the page?

For the 1000th time let's hear all these heralds have hurt him and put him down.

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
the other realities didn't restore him, he even says he remained true to his self. Can you read and understand words the words on the page?

For the 1000th time let's hear all these heralds have hurt him and put him down. He did get restored between dimensions. I always hold true to myself doesn't mean they didn't. His chair was also restored.

I didn't say heralds koed Thanos, but hurt him with blunt force. Thanos is batting 1000 for being struck by a herald and being affected by one. He has never no sold a high heralds blunt attack.

Here's a few off the top of my head:
Thor, Namor, He was koed by the avengers.

abhilegend

Thanos can't beat PC Superman in a brawl, but he can certainly survive anything he can dish out long enough to bring his esoteric abilities into play.

A tp assault. Or transmutation. Perhaps magic (Thanos has used magic), or sucking the solar energy out of him.

And you think Thanos has ever used magic in a fight or drained someone?

GTFO.

abhilegend

Shut up already with the wanking, will you? Superman has such feats too. FFS, he punched a hole into Emperor Joker and ripped Soulfire Darkseid in half, dragged out entire multiverse with 51 Supermen and GLs. You don't want to go with feats routine with Superman.

o, Silver Surfer is not PC Superman level. He isn't even as powerful as post crisis Superman by all indication.

There you go.Originally posted by cdtm
"By Odin"

Who one shot KO'd Surfer, but failed to put down Thanos with an extended assault. Such a low showing. laughing out loud
Thor beat the shit out of Surfer and Warlock together, in the same title two issues ago.

Oh and BRB twoshotted him as well. Starlin's surfer might as well be cosmic rhino, you can't show a single good showing for Surfer under Starlin against any top tier.

Insane Titan
He did get restored between dimensions. I always hold true to myself doesn't mean they didn't. His chair was also restored.

I didn't say heralds koed Thanos, but hurt him with blunt force. Thanos is batting 1000 for being struck by a herald and being affected by one. He has never no sold a high heralds blunt attack.

Here's a few off the top of my head:
Thor, Namor, He was koed by the avengers. you're just trolling now, if you can't understand what it means then that's your own fault. The chair was unaffected you liar.

Hurt lol, non have come close to even remotely putting him down.

Let's hear this Thor example because I know for a fact you are simply wrong.

So you think manors possible greatest striking feat in which he breaks his hand and does nothing to Thanos stopping owning him a some slight against Thanos. Lol you do know namor is a legit class 100.

You mean koed by the avengers when he was weakened. Which you already know as you've been told several times. Il await your typical "when was I told" response.

h1a8
you're just trolling now, if you can't understand what it means then that's your own fault. The chair was unaffected you liar.

Hurt lol, non have come close to even remotely putting him down.

Let's hear this Thor example because I know for a fact you are simply wrong.

So you think manors possible greatest striking feat in which he breaks his hand and does nothing to Thanos stopping owning him a some slight against Thanos. Lol you do know namor is a legit class 100.

You mean koed by the avengers when he was weakened. Which you already know as you've been told several times. Il await your typical "when was I told" response.

Look at the crystallized dimension and the boiling dimension. You would see the chair crystallized and the chair boiling.

I'm using the logic: if an attack can affect you then enough of them can put you down.

Namor is a mid herald at best. Its proof that stronger and more durable beings can do more damage without hurting themselves.

Thanos is not getting one shot. Enough blows can put him down though.

Stoic
All that I can say is that Thanos without a doubt is tough as hell. When Gladiator, Thor, Hulk, Hyperion, and several other characters were blown to shit, he was the only one able to get back up from the assault. I'm referring to being blasted more than once by Annihilus' world destroying weaponry. When it comes to toughness, I can't think of any one character in the Herald tier capable to exceeding him. Thor was blown to bits. Thor is crazy tough.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Stoic
I can't think of any one character in the Herald tier capable to exceeding him.

Superman.

You're welcome!

Stoic
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Superman.

You're welcome!

Any blast capable of of easily blowing Gladiator, Thor, and Hyperion to bits (note the word easily), will kill Superman. Thanos took a few of them, and repeatedly got up.

LordofBrooklyn
Any blast capable of of easily blowing Gladiator, Thor, and Hyperion to bits (note the word easily), will kill Superman. Thanos took a few of them, and repeatedly got up.

DEMONIC LIES!!!!

Stoic
DEMONIC LIES!!!!

I'll PM you a site, and you can check it out yourself.

panthergod
Supermans wins every scenario.Clear stronger, far faster. Thanos has better durability not by much with blunt force, his energy durability advantage is probably higher.

Thanos has nothing in his existence displaying superior physical strength to Superman. period.

Insane Titan
Look at the crystallized dimension and the boiling dimension. You would see the chair crystallized and the chair boiling.

I'm using the logic: if an attack can affect you then enough of them can put you down.

Namor is a mid herald at best. Its proof that stronger and more durable beings can do more damage without hurting themselves.

Thanos is not getting one shot. Enough blows can put him down though. hahahaha what total shit. Nothing happens to the chair, it was designed for inter dimensional travel

They didn't effect him, they never came close to putting him down.

We are talking about his strength lvl not his overall lvl. His lack of powers/versatility makes him mid herald not his strength.

Not what I asked, again let's hear these examples.

Stoic
Originally posted by panthergod
Supermans wins every scenario.Clear stronger, far faster. Thanos has better durability not by much with blunt force, his energy durability advantage is probably higher.

Thanos has nothing in his existence displaying superior physical strength to Superman. period.

Look, guys like Superman need help against guys like Thanos period.

cdtm
DEMONIC LIES!!!!

Sounds like he's talking sense to me.

Surtur

Tp is most likely.

I don't think you understand the speed and power difference. PC Supes has an eternity to beat the shit out of Thanos before he can react.

As for TP, aliens have flat out died just from attempting to mind screw Supes lol.

h1a8
hahahaha what total shit. Nothing happens to the chair, it was designed for inter dimensional travel

We are talking about his strength lvl not his overall lvl. His lack of powers/versatility makes him mid herald not his strength.

The chair was affected. The chair crystallized, it boiled, etc. The chair was damaged later without it being instantly repaired. This is fiction. The only thing that exists is writer intent.

If writer shows a character being affected then that implies that enough hits will put them down. A writer has a special device for informing the audience that many of the same attacks will not put a character down. That device is "NO SELLING!"

Namor is low to mid herald in strength. He's around Thing level on average. Anyway, we are talking about someone who is vastly stronger and more durable in Superman.

Insane Titan

panthergod
Look, guys like Superman need help against guys like Thanos period.
..When supressing his physical strength, exclusively.

apex_pretador
Thanos can literally stand there and let Clark punch him till he dies of exhausting himself and Thanos won't even get hurt.

Dareangel
I think thanos wins only the first one with a busted face. as for the second one, remember people that marcury is closer to the sun than earth. more sun exposure.
superman on the sun? probably like superboy over here
bWRVlWoMsZs

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by apex_pretador
Thanos can literally stand there and let Clark punch him till he dies of exhausting himself and Thanos won't even get hurt.

An unrestrained Superman would MURDER Thanos with punches.

h1a8
hahahaha what total shit. Nothing happens to the chair, it was designed for inter dimensional travel

The scan is at the very top of the page at the first post. Look at pictures 2, 4, 6, and 8. The chair is affected. Then in pictures 3,5, and 7 it's back to normal like Thanos is. Blow up 8 to see it clearly.

Namor doesn't have high herald strength. He can't not exert over the thousands of tons range on his best day.

Hulk, Thor, etc have strength feats well above him. Beyond the millions of tons.

But that's irrelevant since Superman is vastly stronger than Namor by feats. If Namor is high herald in strength then Superman is above trans in strength.

SquallX
Originally posted by apex_pretador

laughing laughing laughing

Insane Titan
The scan is at the very top of the page at the first post. Look at pictures 2, 4, 6, and 8. The chair is affected. Then in pictures 3,5, and 7 it's back to normal like Thanos is. Blow up 8 to see it clearly.

Namor doesn't have high herald strength. He can't not exert over the thousands of tons range on his best day.

Hulk, Thor, etc have strength feats well above him. Beyond the millions of tons.

But that's irrelevant since Superman is vastly stronger than Namor by feats. If Namor is high herald in strength then Superman is above trans in strength. haha you are the worst troll ever. That's the reality getting warped. And as usual you are ignoring the WRITERS INTENT and the words in the page.

Simply put he is and backed up by comic. He's class 100, you just simply ignore stuff you don't understand.

Good for them , seeing as physically they haven't come close to putting Thanos down.

You tried to use namor as proof when all he did was brake his hand and piss Thanos off.

h1a8
haha you are the worst troll ever. That's the reality getting warped. And as usual you are ignoring the WRITERS INTENT and the words in the page.

Simply put he is and backed up by comic. He's class 100, you just simply ignore stuff you don't understand.

Good for them , seeing as physically they haven't come close to putting Thanos down.

You tried to use namor as proof when all he did was brake his hand and piss Thanos off.

You butted in on our conversation. The other poster was saying that Superman will not affect Thanos and he gave the dimension travel feat to prove it. I was proving that Superman can and that the dimension feat doesn't prove otherwise.
Bottomline, if Namor can affect Thanos then Superman, who is vastly stronger and more durable, can too.

Insane Titan
You butted in on our conversation. The other poster was saying that Superman will not affect Thanos and he gave the dimension travel feat to prove it. I was proving that Superman can and that the dimension feat doesn't prove otherwise.
Bottomline, if Namor can affect Thanos then Superman, who is vastly stronger and more durable, can too. that's just another excuse from you again.

So you're proof is namor breaking his hand and bloodying Thanos lip a bit doing nothing to stop Thanos from then easily owning him. Using your logic superman gets "effected" by the same or less force.

TheManWhoLaughs
Superman all the rounds

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.

GO FLEE FROM ME AGAIN, COWARD!!!!!

quanchi112
GO FLEE FROM ME AGAIN, COWARD!!!!! Quit being delusional.

LordofBrooklyn
Quit being delusional.

You're a, THANOSI, delusion is your middle name!

quanchi112
You're a, THANOSI, delusion is your middle name! Another pointless post from Mr. Irrelevant aka LoB.

LordofBrooklyn
Another pointless post from Mr. Irrelevant aka LoB.

You're a PARIAH and LAUGHINGSTOCK on EVERY board you post on!!!

quanchi112
You're a PARIAH and LAUGHINGSTOCK on EVERY board you post on!!! Says the yippee dog who can't seem to get any respect.

LordofBrooklyn
Says the yippee dog who can't seem to get any respect.

I COMMAND RESPECT!!!!!!!!

YOU DON'T AS YOUR BAN RECORD CLEARLY INDICATES!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.