Political Cognitive Dissonance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Henry_Pym
Just a place to discuss ideology(s) that hold contradictory stances.

Try not to flame, but feel free to defend an assumed hypocritical stance.

Here are 3 examples of stances I've seen that make no sense.

Trump is a warmonger because he might start an arms race with Russia/ Putin is pulling Trump's strings.

Russia hacked the DNC/Podesta and that's bad/ you can't trust what was in the hack, it's all conspiracy

Black/Women/ect... need more examples of said race/gender in media so that those people can have people to identify with/ (as said race/gender) I don't understand why white men/people don't go see a movie about said race/gender.

Surtur
One of our biggest contradictions comes from Russia. Look I don't condone anyone hacking something, but it doesn't change what the hacking revealed. You will notice they go after the hacking and are not trying to say the emails shown were somehow not true.

I also genuinely feel it's strange for Obama and the White House to be announcing retaliation without even providing evidence of what Russia did. There is also no doubt if we do something to Russia they will strike back. What will happen? Why does Obama want to start a cyber war? The most we have had is the Washington Post telling the CIA totally has proof. Just like when they said the FBI agrees, but nobody from the FBI officially said this.

Plus with all the ways we have interfered with other countries? It's just mind boggling we ignore this.

riv6672
Okay.

There's one.

Henry_Pym
Cultural appropriation

Need I say more?

Surtur
I wish people who come here to live for good would learn the language.

Flyattractor
"Political Cognitive Dissonance "

Sounds like a Pepto Bismol Moment...Yes?

jaden101
Right wingers who believe in small government that doesn't want to micro-manage people's lives except when it comes to who people can marry or whether people can get abortions.

Nibedicus
Abortion law is about protecting the rights and lives of the innocent (from the perspective of pro-life). Might as well complain about how government "micromanage" our lives by disallowing theft or rape or murder.

Stop the hate
Working Class People who vote for millionaires who do not have their interests at heart, but pretend they do. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Surtur
See, so they finally gave us SOMETHING about Russia. But it of course..doesn't even mention the new allegations, of which were the entire basis for saying Russia specifically wanted Trump to win.

FBI analysis fingers Russian spy agencies for U.S. election hacks

I legitimately don't want Russia messing around with anyone, but once again this entire discussion was spurred anew by accusations that the RNC was hacked, but nothing published. This was the "Trump is in Russias pocket!" smoking gun, and it wasn't even friggin mentioned in this new report. Nothing about an RNC hack is.

Article also says it is mostly shit we already knew, with the apparent exception of the classified sources for the information.

So essentially, Russia tried to hack a bunch of people, failed with some(The RNC) and succeeded with others. They leaked what they were able to get.

This is essentially what we just learned. So bad, but once again not the nightmarish scenario we had painted for us. Though of course the election was never hacked. No machines or anything were ever hacked. The DNC and others were hacked.

Beniboybling
Wanting a competent president / voting for Donald Trump.

Surtur
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Wanting a competent president / voting for Donald Trump.

Pretty much goes for both candidates we had smile

Nibedicus
Racism is bad but f@$& white ppl.
Protect the innocent minorities, but f$&@ unborn babies.
Women have the right to choose, except candidates, they either vote Hillary or f$&@ them.
Women should be able live life free from hatassment. Unless they are a Trump, in w/c case, f$&@ them.
Stop the hate. Unless you disagree with my political ideology, in w/c case, I f$&@in hate you.
Etc.

Surtur
Ohh that reminds me of a good one!

Abortion is okay, but if a woman is attacked and her unborn baby dies we charge people with murder.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Surtur
Ohh that reminds me of a good one!

Abortion is okay, but if a woman is attacked and her unborn baby dies we charge people with murder.
That's one I've very much never understood. It's either a life or it isn't, can't have it both ways.

Raisen
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Abortion law is about protecting the rights and lives of the innocent (from the perspective of pro-life). Might as well complain about how government "micromanage" our lives by disallowing theft or rape or murder.

Exactly. But I can see his point on gay marraige

Raisen
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Racism is bad but f@$& white ppl.
Protect the innocent minorities, but f$&@ unborn babies.
Women have the right to choose, except candidates, they either vote Hillary or f$&@ them.
Women should be able live life free from hatassment. Unless they are a Trump, in w/c case, f$&@ them.
Stop the hate. Unless you disagree with my political ideology, in w/c case, I f$&@in hate you.
Etc.

Yep

Flyattractor
Wasn't the "Point" of the Gay thing pretty much making it so The Leftist Dictatorship couldn't FORCE Religious Institutions to preform ceremonials that went against their beliefs?

Yeah know....Like that Cake Shop!?

Raisen
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Wasn't the "Point" of the Gay thing pretty much making it so The Leftist Dictatorship couldn't FORCE Religious Institutions to preform ceremonials that went against their beliefs?

Yeah know....Like that Cake Shop!?

As far as I know the gay couple was right legally but they were phucking vindictive for what they did when they targeted that bakery. Phucking evil

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Raisen
As far as I know the gay couple was right legally but they were phucking vindictive for what they did when they targeted that bakery. Phucking evil

Welcome to the mind of the Modern Leftist Douche-Nozzle.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Stop the hate
Working Class People who vote for millionaires who do not have their interests at heart, but pretend they do. Turkeys voting for Christmas. All realistic candidates are multimillionaires. Obama has expressed interest in buying a basketball team after Trump's takeover.

Henry_Pym
People who won't cooperate with the police asking for the police to cooperate with them.

Being an Islamic apologist but blaming Germany for the rise of Nazism. though that can kinda be blamed on sanitized history classes.

Being free speech advocates but asking for censorship of hate speech. It's like admitting you can't win the argument.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.