Marvel vs DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Is there something that one of the company do better then the other doesn't and vice versa?

DarkSaint85
Speedsters in DC.

Telepaths in Marvel?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Metatextual beings/concepts in DC.

riv6672
This was done here before and got a bunch of good replies, but i couldnt find it for you.

EcstaticGrace
Not saying they do it better but I feel like science is more of a focus in the Marvel universe

carver9
Speedsters in DC.

Super strength showings in Marvel.

Flyattractor
Marvel:Movies
DC: TV

I guess. Seems to be the fan belief ...

Zack M
DC: Magic, speedsters, strength/bricks, super geniuses, AI, Cosmics/abstracts, and streets.

Marvel: telepaths.

riv6672
DC super geniuses. Ha.

This has been covered. Marvel has the edge there.

Zack M
DC has a deeper catalog, which I already pointed out.

Flyattractor
DC used to do a better Outer Space setting then Marvel , but not sure if this is the case nowadays.

Surtur
Okay so it seems when the OP said "better" some people took that to mean "more".

Zack M
Originally posted by Flyattractor
DC used to do a better Outer Space setting then Marvel , but not sure if this is the case nowadays.

DC constantly has multiple green lantern books going, among others like rann, Thanagarians.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Zack M
DC constantly has multiple green lantern books going, among others like rann, Thanagarians.

What I liked about DC (back in the day) was when they did Space. It always had more of a Sci Fi vibe like Star Wars and Trek. Whereas Marvel always made it seem more Sword and Sorcery Fantasy-ish. More Pure Straight up Sword and Sorcery. Didn't like it. Not sure how GOTG current success has changed that landscape thou

Zack M
What I liked about DC (back in the day) was when they did Space. It always had more of a Sci Fi vibe like Star Wars and Trek. Whereas Marvel always made it seem more Sword and Sorcery Fantasy-ish. More Pure Straight up Sword and Sorcery. Didn't like it. Not sure how GOTG current success has changed that landscape thou

Yeah, LEGION was one of the better space/sci-fi books around. LOVED Vril Dox and Lobo together.

Zack M
Hey, Flyattractor , did you read REBELS? it was pretty good, too.

Vril Dox against Starro was awesome.

Stoic
What? Marvel's cosmic story lines are on point, and have been for a long time. Look at the Infinity Gauntlet, and it's tie ins like Thanos Quest, The Ultimates absolutely rule, Silver Surfer's 90's run that had Ron Lim sketching it. DC has had some really great stuff, but Marvel can and has done as well. Captain Mar-Vell was a great series.

Rao Kal El
I like Marvel's cosmic hierarchy better than DC's

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Stoic
What? Marvel's cosmic story lines are on point, and have been for a long time. Look at the Infinity Gauntlet, and it's tie ins like Thanos Quest, The Ultimates absolutely rule, Silver Surfer's 90's run that had Ron Lim sketching it. DC has had some really great stuff, but Marvel can and has done as well. Captain Mar-Vell was a great series.

I could point out a bunch of DC books and titles that were "On Point" as well....and I wouldn't count anything with the INFINITY tag in the title as a "Sci Fi" type story. More of Kirby's Wacky Fun Sword & Sorcery type stuff.

Yeah, LEGION was one of the better space/sci-fi books around. LOVED Vril Dox and Lobo together.

eeeeh That is a Ship I aint into boarding to be honest.

Hey, Flyattractor , did you read REBELS? it was pretty good, too.

Vril Dox against Starro was awesome.

Sure do. Heck I even got the first kind of crappy sequel to the Legion run known as Rebels. Only reason the 2nd Rebels was called Rebels was because the DC Execs thought the readers would be to stupid to tell the diff between it and the LOSH books.

Zack M
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

That's because DC doesn't have a true hierarchy. It's too vast for that.

Zack M
I could point out a bunch of DC books and titles that were "On Point" as well....and I wouldn't count anything with the INFINITY tag in the title as a "Sci Fi" type story. More of Kirby's Wacky Fun Sword & Sorcery type stuff.

eeeeh That is a Ship I aint into boarding to be honest.

Sure do. Heck I even got the first kind of crappy sequel to the Legion run known as Rebels. Only reason the 2nd Rebels was called Rebels was because the DC Execs thought the readers would be to stupid to tell the diff between it and the LOSH books.

Yeah, I forgot about the LOSH books.

riv6672
I' sure you pointed it out before, too, and were wrong.

Zack M
Originally posted by riv6672
I' sure you pointed it out before, too, and were wrong.

laughing out loud

riv6672
^^^i was right, you were wrong then, too:
Geniuses and Streets, DC has the edge, IMO.

Originally posted by golem370
Is there something that one of the company do better then the other doesn't and vice versa?
Here you go:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=602188&pagenumber=1
Eight pages covering your OP question.

Zack M
^^^i was right, you were wrong then, too:

Here you go:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=602188&pagenumber=1
Eight pages covering your OP question.

yes, you were wrong. You didn't prove anything.

Flyattractor

Quick Pretend I just said something very on the topic and make Riv all wierd in his pants.

Zack M
Quick Pretend I just said something very on the topic and make Riv all wierd in his pants.

Riv is always weird.

riv6672
See, wrong again. At least you're consistent.

Zack M
See, wrong again. At least you're consistent.

Yes, you are consistently wrong.

RadZoa
Speedsters and magic = DC

Telepaths and cosmic = Marvel

Martial artist = wash if we don't include Karate Kid

Geniuses = wash although I think Marvel Earth has an edge on DC Earth, universe to universe is closer.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Surtur
Okay so it seems when the OP said "better" some people took that to mean "more".
laughing out loud

Khazra Reborn
I like Marvel Streets, and DC speedsters better, the rest is a wash IMO.

riv6672
Yes, you are consistently wrong.
If i wanted my own come back i'd wipe your chin. yes

And hey, you were right about the street levelers at least. DC has that on lock.

Zack M
If i wanted my own come back i'd wipe your chin. yes

And hey, you were right about the street levelers at least. DC has that on lock.

Better wipe away. wink

The Batfamily alone is massive.

riv6672
Better wipe away. wink

Either you have no idea what i meant, or you just made me an offer i cant refuse. http://ollr.createaforum.com/Smileys/users/ollr/wanker.gif

Zack M
I just wanted you to reply. laughing out loud

riv6672
Like i ever get tired of coming on you.

Zack M
Ew. thumb down

Flyattractor
Don't worry. Riv is nearly 50 years old so it will only be a little squirt.

tkitna
Marvel - Movies

DC - Powergirls Boobs

Blue Area Vet

There only thing DC is better at is rallying pathetic fanboys.

Zack M
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
There only thing DC is better at is rallying pathetic fanboys.

You're one of them, yes.

staxamillion
marvel has better teams, streets, movie and tv

dc has better individual books, speedsters, animation, and overall use of special powers (because they are OP and always has to push the envelope)

still I say that marvel story is more enjoyable to read because I think they flesh out a character a little bit more. DC is more exciting because powers are always pushed to the limit and creativity.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

thumb up
It's well structured and more scientific imo. If some writers wouldn't sh1t so regularly on this it would be perfection. DCs cosmics seem more random and kind of magical, they lack this proper order of things to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.