MCU Spiderman vs. Green Goblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Young Peter takes on Tobey's first villain

Who wins

Fight takes place in NYC

Henry_Pym
Not really enough feats for Spidey, but he seems to be weaker than Cap but quite a bit faster and really agile.

His durability is really questionable, but he doesn't have McGuire's pis.

Edge to spidey.

KingD19
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Not really enough feats for Spidey, but he seems to be weaker than Cap but quite a bit faster and really agile.

His durability is really questionable, but he doesn't have McGuire's pis.

Edge to spidey.

Well he knocked around Giant Man, held up a sky bridge that fell on him(multiplying the weight and force), and in the trailer for the new movie he holds together a sinking cruise ship, which honestly shits on any strength feat Maguire and Garfield SPidey have. Cap was just a better fighter than him and it was Cap's movie.

Henry_Pym
I don't use feats till the movies out, for all we know he could be amped in the boat scene.

KingD19
Amped how? By what?

We see him keeping a gigantic cruiseliner from breaking apart. It's a valid feat until proven otherwise.

Even knocking Giant Man around puts him easily on a high enough level to hurt Goblin.

Henry_Pym
You just proved my point, it's why context matters. For all we know he is in an iron spider suit.

KingD19
Iron Spider never boosted his strength. It was just a fancy suit.

But we see it's the same suit he was given by Tony for the CIvil War fight, which wasn't stated or shown to have any upgrades. So again, until there is context proving that it wasn't all Spidey, it was a valid feat. As soon as the movie comes out, if something says different I'll change my stance.

But by your logic, nothing done in trailers is acceptable. Even though ya know, they are clips from the movie.

TheVaultDweller
Even if someone low-balls the jet bridge catch and high-balls the helicopter feat by Steve, it would still make Spiderman at least 3 times stronger than Cap is (based on all the various calcs I have seen online). Seriously, even with more XP, Steve should not have gotten the better of him. The more I see that fight, the more it feels like massive PIS to me.

KingD19
It's PIS, but reasonable. Cap had a power creep over 5 movies, this was his movie, and he won mainly by using a combo of strength/skill. Even in the comics Cap does some bonkers stuff; especially in the comics. So him using technique combined with raw power(spinning just a bit to throw Spidey off, then yanking him while he's distracted for example) is pretty feasible.

Also Cap had the help of a shield that by Spidey's words does not follow the laws of physics, and SPidey's help by being starstruck.

Nibedicus
Someone did the math online and put the jet bridge "feat" at around 20+-ish tons IIRC. A bit busy atm to go find it. Will post it soon as I find it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.