Chris Evans Amalgam vs Chris Evans Amalgam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Lucas Lee/Nick Gant amalgamation vs Captain America/Human Torch amalgamation.

- Fight takes place in the middle of the city.
- Morals on.
- Opponents start 10 feet apart.

Who wins?

John Murdoch
Great thread, Vault. Push is an underrated gem from what I remember. Watched it once at Aberdeen Proving Grounds and really liked it; cool twist on the superpowers/psychic abilities sub-genre of action movies. Scott Pilgrim is a visual masterpiece and one of the best comic book movies ever made.

To the battle: granted, it's been around 2010 since I've seen both these movies, but Lucas Gant has a legitimate chance, if they can fire off Gant's moving abilities first. A heavy object or telekinetic super punch to Captain Torch plus Lucas' super strength may be enough, but Torch has some pretty impressive flight speed and maneuverability feats, plus Cap's fighting skills, strength that outdoes anyone here, and impressive durability as well. In fact, Torch survived that missile exploding a short distance behind him on the trash barge.

So Captain Torch has the strength, fighting skill, speed, durability, and top power projection advantage, but Lucas Gant has the telekinetic power and moral disposition (kind-of-a-jerk Lucas Lee) to go for the KO right out of the gate. Captain Torch might try to be diplomatic before going for a KO. That being said, I think Captain Torch's advantages are too numerous over Lucas Gant, so I'm going Captain America/Human Torch amalgamation.

However, does Lucas get his team of stunt doubles?

KingD19
At least physically, Captain Torchmerica is invulnerable. That TK shield was pretty strong and if its bullet proof I don't see him getting through it.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Great thread, Vault. Push is an underrated gem from what I remember. Watched it once at Aberdeen Proving Grounds and really liked it; cool twist on the superpowers/psychic abilities sub-genre of action movies. Scott Pilgrim is a visual masterpiece and one of the best comic book movies ever made.

To the battle: granted, it's been around 2010 since I've seen both these movies, but Lucas Gant has a legitimate chance, if they can fire off Gant's moving abilities first. A heavy object or telekinetic super punch to Captain Torch plus Lucas' super strength may be enough, but Torch has some pretty impressive flight speed and maneuverability feats, plus Cap's fighting skills, strength that outdoes anyone here, and impressive durability as well. In fact, Torch survived that missile exploding a short distance behind him on the trash barge.

So Captain Torch has the strength, fighting skill, speed, durability, and top power projection advantage, but Lucas Gant has the telekinetic power and moral disposition (kind-of-a-jerk Lucas Lee) to go for the KO right out of the gate. Captain Torch might try to be diplomatic before going for a KO. That being said, I think Captain Torch's advantages are too numerous over Lucas Gant, so I'm going Captain America/Human Torch amalgamation.

However, does Lucas get his team of stunt doubles?

I can agree with most of this, though I'd put Lucas/Gant amalgam as having the greatest strength. His feats are limited, but he did things like this, at around 1:20. I mean Scott was still flying at an upward trajectory when he hit the castle:

usL1YjccLt0

Beating Scott to the punch is also no easy feat, at around the 3:40 mark, considering Scott has some very good skill/speed/reaction feats in combat as well.

And yes, stunt doubles are in. As Lee said, "I'm nothing without my stunt team". But only the main version gets Gant's abilities as well.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I can agree with most of this, though I'd put Lucas/Gant amalgam as having the greatest strength. His feats are limited, but he did things like this, at around 1:20. I mean Scott was still flying at an upward trajectory when he hit the castle:

usL1YjccLt0

Beating Scott to the punch is also no easy feat, at around the 3:40 mark, considering Scott has some very good skill/speed/reaction feats in combat as well.

And yes, stunt doubles are in. As Lee said, "I'm nothing without my stunt team". But only the main version gets Gant's abilities as well.

Dang. Forgot about that.

I'm inclined to go Amalgam Lucas Gant, especially because the stunt double quote lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.