Beyond (2017)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
"When Holden wakes up from a coma that lasted 12 years, the young man discovers that he has new abilities, which land him in the middle of a dangerous conspiracy. Now that he is out of his coma, Holden must figure out what happened to him during the past dozen years and how to survive..."

http://cdn.spoilertv.com/images/headers/beyond.jpg

riv6672
Really in the fence with this one.

Dreampanther
Me too. I'm about halfway with the series and so far there are good points and bad points. I see Tim Kring is one of the producers and I'm definitely getting the Heroes vibe.

riv6672
I'll watch the pilot tonight i guess. Nothing else on my radar but the Sherlock season premiere.

Lets do this. thumb up

Dreampanther
It's not horrible, but it's starting to feel a bit like the YA version of Heroes. Some good ideas and some good moments, mixed with a lot of bland characters I want to slap around to get them to wake up.

riv6672
Haha, thats an awesome way to describe it. laughing
You know i'm gonna hear you in my head tonight. I'll be thunking 'DP would smack him, smack her, kick him down some stairs...'

BruceSkywalker
what time and channel is this on

riv6672
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what time and channel is this on
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-check-your-local-listings.png

Originally posted by Dreampanther
It's not horrible, but it's starting to feel a bit like the YA version of Heroes. Some good ideas and some good moments, mixed with a lot of bland characters I want to slap around to get them to wake up.
That wasnt too awful at all.
A lot had to do with the main character coming off as very likable, and not looking like a male model playing a role.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by riv6672

That wasnt too awful at all.
A lot had to do with the main character coming off as very likable, and not looking like a male model playing a role.

I made it about halfway through the series yesterday. Will try to watch the rest tonight. I liked what I saw but kept thinking: This could be so much more.

riv6672
I'll be watching weekly (i liked it enough to record the series), i'm in no rush.
Things can always be better, of course, i get you there, but it definitely wasnt bad.

Appreciate you tipping the scales; if not for this thread i doubt i'd have watched it.

TheVaultDweller
I've watched the first 3 episodes of this. Seems pretty interesting so far.

riv6672
I've got ep. 2 recorded, i'll catch it tomorrow.

Dreampanther
My review. I put it in spoilers because, while I don't reveal any plot details, I also don't want you to be influenced by reading my review unless you want to.

The cast is competent and some of the ideas are interesting, but it feels like the show is aimed at a YA market, sort of like a Baby Heroes, and while there are some decent moments I never really got that "Wow" moment after the first couple of episodes.

It's a pity, because some of the characters have real potential and if they were willing to push it a bit and take more risks by aiming for a more mature market I think I would have liked the show a lot more.

As it is, I give it a 6/10 for good effort, but not good enough. Watch if there is nothing else on or if Heroes was too edgy for you.

riv6672
Thanks for the spoilers. I read your post anyway. thumb up

Without getting detailed, in case anyone else is reading the thread, and having still not gotten past ep.2, i myself am not getting a Heroes vibe here (thats neither good nor bad imo), though you've mentioned it a few times now.
Also, thats the market that block of shows is aimed at, so not seeing the problem. The fact that i'm pushing 50 and watching these shows...thats a likely problem. stick out tongue
But really, this show/the shows that get pushed at that station this time of year have their target audience, and i'm not it. I'll either 'get' it or not, but thats on me not them. Speaking of which...
...Its already way better than Shadow Hunters after only 1 episode, i'll tell you that!

Dreampanther
Thanks for the spoilers. I read your post anyway. thumb up
...Its already way better than Shadow Hunters after only 1 episode, i'll tell you that!

I couldn't agree more laughing out loud stick out tongue

riv6672
Ep2 was fun. I like his dynamic with his little bro.

staxamillion
Originally posted by Dreampanther
"When Holden wakes up from a coma that lasted 12 years, the young man discovers that he has new abilities, which land him in the middle of a dangerous conspiracy. Now that he is out of his coma, Holden must figure out what happened to him during the past dozen years and how to survive..."

http://cdn.spoilertv.com/images/headers/beyond.jpg

hadn't seen it but the OP has me intrigued? is he like a wolverine? getting memories back in pieces? does he have memories from when he was supposed to be in a coma?

riv6672
Something like that.
And yet different.

BruceSkywalker
have 1st two eppys on dvr, will watch on friday

TheVaultDweller

I managed to get halfway through the second episode of Shadowhunters before I just couldn't anymore. Beyond the other issues, the dialogue in that show was just cringe-worthy.

riv6672
^^^oh Christ, you ate so right...laughing out loud

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
have 1st two eppys on dvr, will watch on friday
Ah cool, you found the show.
Without knowing where you live (and not gonna ask), i wouldnt know what station its on, hence the chevk local listings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.