Movie scenes that freaked you out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
not an entire movie, but name a single scene from a movie which completely unsettled you, made you wince, uncomfortable or completely look away.

marwash22
movie: 'The Last King of Scotland'

scene: Kay's stitched together body.

I remember seeing that and being so grossed out that i still have never watched the movie again... despite having seen much worse than that in movies since.

Surtur
In general: any movie where someone scratches on a chalkboard.

Specifically: Pet Sematary. The scene where it shows a flashback to the woman's retarded and deformed sister and you see like..the bones in her back and they just seem..ugh.

To include a tv show, the episode of True Blood where Bill completely twists Lorena's head around while having sex with her. That had me tweaked out.

UCanShootMyNova
Any scene with an extremely physically deformed person.

Surtur
Christian Bale's body is quite disturbing in the movie "The Machinist".

Patient_Leech
Some particular bodily mutilation toward the end of Antichrist. I've never had to cover my eyes or look away before or since.

Dreampanther
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover (1989). If you've seen it, you know which scene I'm talking about.

Esau Cairn
Australian movie called The Mule.

Basically this guy gets conned into swallowing 20 balloons of heroin in Thailand & smuggling it back to Australia. Crooked cops bust him & hold him in a motel room waiting for him to crap the drugs out.

*Cringe Worthy Scene*

The dude's laying in bed waiting for the crooked cop to fall asleep.
After 6 days of being forced fed food & random punches in the gut, the poor guy can no longer keep it in...
He sh*ts himself in bed & all 20 balloons are crapped out.
Relief turns to fear.

The guy knows he's gonna be killed once the drugs are discovered...

And one by one, camera panned on his face to show his desperation & disgust he re-swallows each crap covered balloon all over again.

marwash22
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Australian movie called The Mule.

Basically this guy gets conned into swallowing 20 balloons of heroin in Thailand & smuggling it back to Australia. Crooked cops bust him & hold him in a motel room waiting for him to crap the drugs out.

*Cringe Worthy Scene*

The dude's laying in bed waiting for the crooked cop to fall asleep.
After 6 days of being forced fed food & random punches in the gut, the poor guy can no longer keep it in...
He sh*ts himself in bed & all 20 balloons are crapped out.
Relief turns to fear.

The guy knows he's gonna be killed once the drugs are discovered...

And one by one, camera panned on his face to show his desperation & disgust he re-swallows each crap covered balloon all over again. what. the. fck.

lol.

riv6672
The tree branch rape scene in EVIL DEAD (1981). I was 12-13 when i caught that movie in the theater, and, i found it...not good.

Flyattractor
I remember being freaked out as a kid when I first say The Last Unicorn on tv. Especially the Drinkiing Skeleton bit for some reason....it drove me to drink.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by riv6672
The tree branch rape scene in EVIL DEAD (1981). I was 12-13 when i caught that movie in the theater, and, i found it...not good.

'splains a lot.

riv6672
Like the fact that i dont enjoy seeing women raped onscreen, and think rape isnt funny?
Yeah, it might have its roots in that scene.

Very perceptive of you.

Lord Lucien
perceptive Not a real word.

The first time I saw Saving Private Ryan, Mellish's death scene made me squirm. Couldn't stop imagining myself in that scenario.

KBSQEnvz6zo

TheVaultDweller
I remember when I was a little kid, and my parents still had a copy of the 1980 The Boogey Man movie (even though the movie was like 16 years old by that point). The movie as a whole freaked me out (no idea why my parents let me watch it at the time), but one scene that I found particularly disturbing was when the one woman stabbed herself in the throat, using a pair of scissors. Of course, I have seen far worse since then. But, at the time, that movie really messed with my head.

Patient_Leech
Like the fact that i dont enjoy seeing women raped onscreen, and think rape isnt funny?
Yeah, it might have its roots in that scene.

Very perceptive of you.

Seem awfully defensive for some reason. Hm.. ermm

laughing out loud

riv6672
Seem awfully rapey for some reason. Hm.. ermm

huh

Impediment
Large Marge from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

riv6672
Haha, really?

steverules_2
A film called The girl next door (no not the 2004 one)

There's a teenage girl who is tortured throughout the film and then near the end her religiously crazed aunt takes a blow torch to her vagina...I can never watch that film again

riv6672
AUGH!!! sick

marwash22
Originally posted by steverules_2
A film called The girl next door (no not the 2004 one)

There's a teenage girl who is tortured throughout the film and then near the end her religiously crazed aunt takes a blow torch to her vagina...I can never watch that film again yeesh.

Ascendancy
If we're just talking about something hard to watch, the rape scene in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. That was just sadistic. The entire theater was dead silent throughout it.

riv6672
Yeah. Not cool.

Mindset
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Not a real word.

The first time I saw Saving Private Ryan, Mellish's death scene made me squirm. Couldn't stop imagining myself in that scenario.

KBSQEnvz6zo uFFlHFgYmpU

This one got me.

TheVaultDweller
The opening beach landing is also a pretty horrific scene. Just seeing whole groups of soldiers get shot to pieces before they can even get off the landing craft.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.