Rematch Hulk vs Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
With the knowledge from his previous fight does Hulk do better.

WWH Vs Zeus

carver9
Zeus kills him and Thanos at the same time. Good fight though.

DarkSaint85
I wonder if I made this thread, who'd carver add...

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I wonder if I made this thread, who'd carver add...

Zeus kills Hulk and Superman at the same time.

DarkSaint85
Good

h1a8
Zeus loses to WWH and above.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by carver9
Zeus kills him and Thanos at the same time. Good fight though. Delta was right laughing

Stoic
The outcome would be the same IT. The Hulk appeared capable of fighting Zeus on a physical level, but once Zeus amplified his fists with unknown magic, it appeared to strip the Hulk of his ability to heal. Without the aid of his people, the Hulk was dead to rights according to what was written.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Stoic
The outcome would be the same IT. The Hulk appeared capable of fighting Zeus on a physical level, but once Zeus amplified his fists with unknown magic, it appeared to strip the Hulk of his ability to heal. Without the aid of his people, the Hulk was dead to rights according to what was written.

Have any evidence it stripped him of his healing factor during the fight?

DarkSaint85
'unknown magic', lol.

-K-M-
Yeah saw that. erm

Rao Kal El
Same outcome but this time Hulk won't get the luxury of landing not even a single sucker punch like in the last fight.

Cuz I don't know if you guys notice, but Hulk only landed a single sucker punch on Zeus laughing out loud

Stoic
Originally posted by -K-M-

He was unable to heal.

Stoic
'unknown magic', lol.

So what would you name power that he used against the Hulk? It wasn't a pure H2H fight according to what we saw on panel.

-K-M-
He was unable to heal.

Where did it say that in the fight? So Zeus who nerfed his own power to fight hulk on his level (with fists) then deceides to nerf hulk? Even though no evidence supports that? Come on

DarkSaint85
So what would you name power that he used against the Hulk? It wasn't a pure H2H fight according to what we saw on panel.

Lightning, that Zeus, the god of Lightning, charged his fists with and punched with?

Sin I AM
'unknown magic', lol.

I lolled at your lol.

iceman24567
Where did it say that in the fight? So Zeus who nerfed his own power to fight hulk on his level (with fists) then deceides to nerf hulk? Even though no evidence supports that? Come on thumb up People can speculate all they want but nobody ever presented proof that Zeus nullified his healing during the fight

Delta1938
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Delta was right laughing

vin I did call it, didn't I? big grin

carver9
And this is the person who is suppose to participate in voting for a tourny that I am in? I'll pass.

Delta1938
And this is the person who is suppose to participate in voting for a tourny that I am in? I'll pass.

Don't worry, if I vote against you, it won't be because of what I personally think of you, but because your argument wasn't good enough to get my vote.

DarkSaint85

Sin I AM
Originally posted by iceman24567
thumb up People can speculate all they want but nobody ever presented proof that Zeus nullified his healing during the fight

it was shown on panel

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Delta1938
Don't worry, if I vote against you, it won't be because of what I personally think of you, but because your argument wasn't good enough to get my vote.

stop picking on carver

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sin I AM
it was shown on panel Not it wasnt

Delta1938
stop picking on carver

If I were picking on him, I would've said something like, "If I vote against you, it'll be because your argument is shit like usual."

cdtm
If I were picking on him, I would've said something like, "If I vote against you, it'll be because your argument is shit like usual."

Yes. That WOULD be picking on him.

In the same way telling the Elephant Man "You're really, really ugly" to his face would be picking on him. It's a fact, but some things you just don't say.

carver9
Hulk fight the Giants of Zeus land and is obviously taking damage and even have arrows poking out of him and by the 3rd page before Zeus attack, he is fully healed.

http://thumbnails36.imagebam.com/11699/d50405116981445.jpg http://thumbnails37.imagebam.com/11699/66fec6116981463.jpg http://thumbnails36.imagebam.com/11699/c9b9f8116981474.jpg http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/11699/cebe82116981507.jpg

Also, as shown in the scans, Zeus damaged him (not done).

Stoic
Not it wasnt

It actually was. The Hulk has healed from far greater injuries that the ones caused by Zeus.

DarkSaint85
If we are taking what has gone before as a guide....

Has Zeus ever switched HFs off with magic?

Has Hulk ever had his HF switched off?

@carver (as I sense scan dump incoming): All well and good, now tell me, which of those arrows and giant's etc are Skyfather level? Otherwise, they're all moot.

carver9
He's still damaged from the lightening attack...

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5863057/Incredible_Hulks_622_005.jpg.html

Still damaged...

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5863060/Incredible_Hulks_622_006.jpg.html

Still...

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5863063/Incredible_Hulks_622_009.jpg.html

This is from that same lightening attack. He didn't receive any hits after this minus the punch you see and he still suffered from the same damage he took from Zeus first attack.

She Hulk calls it out here. She still see that he is hurt and is obviously not healing.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5863066/Incredible_Hulks_622_011.jpg.html

carver9
If we are taking what has gone before as a guide....

Has Zeus ever switched HFs off with magic?

Has Hulk ever had his HF switched off?

@carver (as I sense scan dump incoming): All well and good, now tell me, which of those arrows and giant's etc are Skyfather level? Otherwise, they're all moot.

I'm showing you he was healing before facing Zeus. The board doesn't think of Zeus as Skyfather level, let alone trans tier, so it does matter.

DarkSaint85
Do you not think it possible (you, carver9) that a Skyfather can physically beat the HF out of Hulk?

Question goes to you as well, Stoic.

Simple question, all it needs is a yes or no answer.

iceman24567
It actually was. The Hulk has healed from far greater injuries that the ones caused by Zeus. Nope it never was. Hulk has healed from attacks far greater than attacks dealt by a skyfather? Not true

Stoic
Do you not think it possible (you, carver9) that a Skyfather can physically beat the HF out of Hulk?

Question goes to you as well, Stoic.

Based on past showings and seeing the Hulk take far greater damage and heal from it, I would say no. His HF would not be shut off from a pure physical attack. We actually see Zeus go back on his word and charge up his fists with an unknown magic. This IMO shut off or extremely hindered the Hulk's ability to heal.

Nope it never was. Hulk has healed from attacks far greater than attacks dealt by a skyfather? Not true

I'll have to disagree with you there. I don't care if you throw in the Sky Father title as some proof. The fact is that the Hulk has been reduced to a near skeleton on panel, and healed from it within moments. The injuries that he sustained from Zeus on panel were less than that. All the same, I see no reason to drag this out. Zeus would win again if they faced off again, because once again, he would charge up his fists, and turn the Hulk's HF off.

Delta1938
So, a circular argument.

iceman24567
Based on past showings and seeing the Hulk take far greater damage and heal from it, I would say no. His HF would not be shut off from a pure physical attack. We actually see Zeus go back on his word and charge up his fists with an unknown magic. This IMO shut off or extremely hindered the Hulk's ability to heal.

I'll have to disagree with you there. I don't care if you throw in the Sky Father title as some proof. The fact is that the Hulk has been reduced to a near skeleton on panel, and healed from it within moments. The injuries that he sustained from Zeus on panel were less than that. All the same, I see no reason to drag this out. Zeus would win again if they faced off again, because once again, he would charge up his fists, and turn the Hulk's HF off. I highly doubt he could heal from being reduced nearly to skeleton dozens upon dozens of times which is my point. The fact that Zeus' attacks did such substantial damage to Hulk despite his base durability is prove enough to me that Zeus is a good deal above him healing be damned.

iceman24567
So, a circular argument. Pretty much and it all stems for pure speculation with little to no evidence to support it

DarkSaint85
Also, two things:

1. I thought we didn't use collateral damage. Now, we are?
2. Carver, is that REALLY your logical thinking? 'The board doesn't even think Zeus is trans (i.e. HH), so rather than convince them, I will sell the idea that a HH can turn the Hulk's HF off, just like that'.

iceman24567
Also, two things:

2. Carver, is that REALLY your logical thinking? 'The board doesn't even think Zeus is trans (i.e. HH), so rather than convince them, I will sell the idea that a HH can turn the Hulk's HF off, just like that'. thumb up laughing

carver9
Also, two things:

2. Carver, is that REALLY your logical thinking? 'The board doesn't even think Zeus is trans (i.e. HH), so rather than convince them, I will sell the idea that a HH can turn the Hulk's HF off, just like that'.

I never brought up collateral damage in my post. I'm confused. sad

Delta1938
Also, two things:

Why not? He argued Amazo isn't impressive because Wonder Woman stalemated him, until he needed something to argue Wonder Woman>Orion(then to argue Wonder Woman>Maxima).

Stoic
I highly doubt he could heal from being reduced nearly to skeleton dozens upon dozens of times which is my point. The fact that Zeus' attacks did such substantial damage to Hulk despite his base durability is prove enough to me that Zeus is a good deal above him healing be damned.

You seem to willing to play fast and loose with the word speculation, even after saying that you highly doubt it. The Hulk has never shown that he loses his ability to heal from purely physical damage, unless proof can be submitted of a time that this did happen when he was operating under optimal conditions. Then we see Zeus charge up his fists with an unknown magic and hit the Hulk. Then we see the Hulk laid out for some time in the following issues until his HF finally comes back. Yet as I stated before, he has suffered far greater damage. So until you come around to realizing that Zeus actually did do something to hinder the Hulk's ability to heal, this will be a circular argument. But I have a quick fix for the problem. We can agree to disagree. Either way, Zeus still wins.

DarkSaint85

I can see why.

I was replying to Stoic. YOUR point, had your name in it.

If your name is in the sentence, carver, then it is addressed to you.

Stoic

Carver don't you realize that this is head game day?

Stoic
I can see why.

Oh. I always include or take note of collateral damage. To ignore it completely would be ignorant in my opinion.

DarkSaint85
Oh. I always include or take note of collateral damage. To ignore it completely would be ignorant in my opinion.

Fair enough. Guess Sentry never outputted the power of a million exploding suns in his WWH fight, as there wasn't the corresponding amount of damage, etc.

iceman24567
You seem to willing to play fast and loose with the word speculation, even after saying that you highly doubt it. The Hulk has never shown that he loses his ability to heal from purely physical damage, unless proof can be submitted of a time that this did happen when he was operating under optimal conditions. Then we see Zeus charge up his fists with an unknown magic and hit the Hulk. Then we see the Hulk laid out for some time in the following issues until his HF finally comes back. Yet as I stated before, he has suffered far greater damage. So until you come around to realizing that Zeus actually did do something to hinder the Hulk's ability to heal, this will be a circular argument. But I have a quick fix for the problem. We can agree to disagree. Either way, Zeus still wins. I agree he did do something to hinder his healing he beat the shit out of him

carver9
I can see why.

You brought up collateral damage. I'm trying to figure out why you brought that up. Help me understand.

DarkSaint85
You brought up collateral damage. I'm trying to figure out why you brought that up. Help me understand.

Because I was replying to Stoic's post - really, it's not that hard to follow.

iceman24567
Because I was replying to Stoic's post - really, it's not that hard to follow. Obviously you are wrong repent!

Delta1938

Translation.

http://j-cul.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/notice-me-senpai-3.png

DarkSaint85

But I see you haven't answered the points that DO have your name in, so will ask again.

Two points.

1. Do you not think it possible (you, carver9) that a Skyfather can physically beat the HF out of Hulk?

carver9

Which post did I reply to that had anything to do with collateral damage? I think I missed that part. Also, if I did reply to it, did I agree with it?

DarkSaint85
Which post did I reply to that had anything to do with collateral damage? I think I missed that part. Also, if I did reply to it, did I agree with it?

Wut?

Are you drunk?

iceman24567
laughing

DarkSaint85
I made TWO points, carver. One to you, one to Stoic. Yours had your name in it. I also asked an earlier question, naming you specifically.

Why are you ignoring them, and focussing on the question I made to Stoic?

Delta1938
I missed the first thing was to Stoic instead of carter myself, but Good Lord, I only needed to read one correction. This is the real reason carter would have lost had he not dropped out.

CosmicComet
Lol at 'unknown magic'. Its just lightning fists. Where was it ever stated or implied that it was anything other than a taxing physical beatdown? Nowhere. A burned out hulk can also be turned back into banner.

Just because hulk has been flayed before by a lesser opponent (vector) and healed back, doesnt mean he can take concentrated hits from a skyfather that hulk admits could simply erase him from existing.

If zeus faced the younger, weaker hulk that healed from vector's blast, he may have just turned him to ash with his fist.

Thankfully zeus faced a much more powerful green scar hulk who probably developed enough HF to simply be barely alive after a beatdown from a skyfather.

carver9
Wut?

Are you drunk?

Yes. Now answer the question please.

cdtm
Wut?

Are you drunk?

laughing

DarkSaint85
Yes. Now answer the question please.

I wasn't directing that to you. It was to Stoic.

I directed the two following questions to you:

1. Do you not think it possible (you, carver9) that a Skyfather can physically beat the HF out of Hulk?

Sin I AM
Carver does have a point. Based on feats Zeus does not appear as a skyfather. I wouldnt go so low as hh though. High trans low sky seems legit

DarkSaint85
But my point is, rather than argue Zeus is a Skyfather, carver would rather argue that a trans level (or HH or whatever) character can suddenly just turn his HF off with a magic spell.

Sin I AM
But my point is, rather than argue Zeus is a Skyfather, carver would rather argue that a trans level (or HH or whatever) character can suddenly just turn his HF off with a magic spell.

Yea i seen that. I mean i get it. Hulks never been beat that badly...so to compensate they say he had his hf turned off. Its a stretch but it placates them. Its not a bad showing though. Pak shows Zeus love..so in that depiction he WAS an elite skyfather. And if getting beat tf up by a sky and living to tell it isn't beastly they really need to learn context/scope .

There's ALWAYS someone bigger than u

-K-M-
Jesus this board is full of dumb lately

carver9
I wasn't directing that to you. It was to Stoic.

I directed the two following questions to you:

Let me leave you alone. I was hoping you gave up but I forgot about your persistence.

Anyways, Zeus is a Skyfather and yes, I think he can physically destroy hulk but to the point of taxing out his healing factor? Naah.

It was clearly said that Hulk was left with enough of his healing factor to feed Zeus birds. That's it

Sin I AM
Jesus this board is full of dumb lately

??

DarkSaint85
Let me leave you alone. I was hoping you gave up but I forgot about your persistence.

Anyways, Zeus is a Skyfather and yes, I think he can physically destroy hulk but to the point of taxing out his healing factor? Naah.

It was clearly said that Hulk was left with enough of his healing factor to feed Zeus birds. That's it

I know you were trying to divert attention from the questions. You're very transparent.

So Zeus now made a spell that took out exactly 93% of the HF, and hit Hulk with said spell, and it worked like a charm first time, without prep, on the fly.

Despite Zeus never displaying having such a spell, or Hulk ever succumbing to a spell like this.

Delta1938

What exactly are you hoping he would give up? Honest question.

Stoic
Yea i seen that. I mean i get it. Hulks never been beat that badly...so to compensate they say he had his hf turned off. Its a stretch but it placates them. Its not a bad showing though. Pak shows Zeus love..so in that depiction he WAS an elite skyfather. And if getting beat tf up by a sky and living to tell it isn't beastly they really need to learn context/scope .

I agree I think that it's a stretch as seeing that the Hulk has sustained greater injuries and had his HF kick in. This time it seemed as if Zeus gummed it up and systematically took the Hulk down. After all he did lie to the Hulk when he said that he would fight him down at his level, and then proceeded to change the rules after the Hulk hit him squarely. I agree though, it's not really a bad thing after all, because the Hulk did survive the encounter.

Insane Titan
Jesus this board is full of dumb lately quoted for truth.

backup
Still Zeus.

carver9

Agreed. Zeus is far more powerful than Hulk and I have no issues with Hulk getting destroyed by him. That's not what I'm arguing.

Sin I AM
I agree I think that it's a stretch as seeing that the Hulk has sustained greater injuries and had his HF kick in. This time it seemed as if Zeus gummed it up and systematically took the Hulk down. After all he did lie to the Hulk when he said that he would fight him down at his level, and then proceeded to change the rules after the Hulk hit him squarely. I agree though, it's not really a bad thing after all, because the Hulk did survive the encounter.

U keep saying he was hurt by stronger attacks. But ive never seen Hulk fight an elder god before. So what attacks has he been hit with that are stronger than what Zeus produced

Sin I AM
Agreed. Zeus is far more powerful than Hulk and I have no issues with Hulk getting destroyed by him. That's not what I'm arguing.

I find no issue with your argument i just dont agree with it. The exact same thing happened between logan/wwh. The only difference is zues has godly magic. Wolverines hf couldn't compensate even though he's survived worse.

psycho gundam
*When your theory gets co-opted and misrepresented by the village punching bag...ToT*

Maybe I need to join the Hulk busters my damn self. The void is winning

carver9
I know you were trying to divert attention from the questions. You're very transparent.

So Zeus now made a spell that took out exactly 93% of the HF, and hit Hulk with said spell, and it worked like a charm first time, without prep, on the fly.

Despite Zeus never displaying having such a spell, or Hulk ever succumbing to a spell like this.

I don't think he verbally casted a spell, I think his bolt cancelled out Hulk healing factor.

He did display such a spell. Against Hulk.

DarkSaint85
I don't think he verbally casted a spell, I think his bolt cancelled out Hulk healing factor.

He did display such a spell. Against Hulk.

Never said he verbally did confused

So if he has enough magical power to cancel 93% of the HF....what would happen if he channeled this power into physical (fists and lightning) attacks?

cdtm
Originally posted by psycho gundam
*When your theory gets co-opted and misrepresented by the village punching bag...ToT*

Please!

In fact, are you into anime? (A name like Psycho Gundam, I'd assume at least one show..) DBZ, specifically? Because I wanted an opinion from a fan of both.

Carver's right in that I did have him in mind, because he's a super fan of both. How he concluded this is a "troll thread" is beyond me... Is it because he'd have to admit one loses, so the other can win?

carver9
Never said he verbally did confused

So if he has enough magical power to cancel 93% of the HF....what would happen if he channeled this power into physical (fists and lightning) attacks?

Beat Hulk like he did already?. No one is denying Zeus could beat Hulk. What I'm telling you is, Zeus cancelled Hulk healing factor just enough to feed his birds, forever. It's said on panel. Your strength will not return for months and your wounds will heal fast enough to keep them fed. Lol..he wanted to torture Hulk. Take away his strength so that he can't break those chains and give him enough of his healing abilities so that his birds can feed on him forever.

Zeus even upped the punishment. The next page states "Prometbius defied the gods by gifting men with fire. So Zeus sent eagles to devour his liver but you (Hulk) defied the gods by whining, so you get vultures". All of what I said is shown here.

http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863252_Incredible_Hulks_622_018.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863253_Incredible_Hulks_622_019.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863254_Incredible_Hulks_622_020.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863255_Incredible_Hulks_622_021.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863257_Incredible_Hulks_622_022.jpg

psycho gundam
Originally posted by cdtm
Please!

In fact, are you into anime? (A name like Psycho Gundam, I'd assume at least one show..) DBZ, specifically? Because I wanted an opinion from a fan of both.

Carver's right in that I did have him in mind, because he's a super fan of both. How he concluded this is a "troll thread" is beyond me... Is it because he'd have to admit one loses, so the other can win? DBZ is horribly inconsistent when it comes to power displays and even more impossible to judge physical power vs the same character's energy output. It's an argument that will never end

carver9

You're suspect.

Stoic
U keep saying he was hurt by stronger attacks. But ive never seen Hulk fight an elder god before. So what attacks has he been hit with that are stronger than what Zeus produced

I've already stated which time. There was also another time that he got his heart pulled from his body. Where I sit, it's obvious that Zeus hit him with magic that placed the whammy on his HF. However, like I said before, two people can see the exact same thing, and come up with completely different opinions.

Insane Titan
laughing out loud the only thing Zeus did was beat the shit out of Hulk that bad his HF couldn't handle the beating.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Insane Titan
laughing out loud the only thing Zeus did was beat the shit out of Hulk that bad his HF couldn't handle the beating. thumb up

Rao Kal El
Everytime Hulk loses, Zeus messed up with his healing factor, canon!

Sin I AM
I've already stated which time. There was also another time that he got his heart pulled from his body. Where I sit, it's obvious that Zeus hit him with magic that placed the whammy on his HF. However, like I said before, two people can see the exact same thing, and come up with completely different opinions.

Issue? I dont remember that.

psycho gundam
Hulk wouldn't have to hold back in the default vs forum arena, and he was capable or rocking Zeus' jawbone in a lower power stateOriginally posted by carver9
You're suspect. Originally posted by psycho gundam
kill yourself with a safety pin

h1a8
Zeus loses to WWH and above

Stoic
Issue? I dont remember that.

Happened a while back when McFarlane sketched Hulk. The Hulkbuster named Rock ripped the grey Hulk's heart out. another time a U-Foes member (Vector?) used his powers to repel the Hulk who was unwilling to stop advancing on him. In so doing, the assault tore the flesh off of the Hulk to the point that he was nearly reduced to a skeleton. One more in what I believe is non canon to the Hulk or perhaps it is canon, some super gamma irradiated cockroaches attacked Hulk leaving only remnants of him, of which he also healed from.

In all of those showings he appeared to have suffered graver injuries than when Zeus used him as a personal punching bag. Yet, I've read people throwing out the word speculation like they were feeding pigeons bread over me stating that Zeus magically removed the Hulk's HF, while possibly not realizing that making a statement like his HF was overly taxed by the beating is based on nothing more than pure speculation, and then choosing to ignore that the Hulk has been injured worse than that in the past with no ill effects to his HF.

CosmicComet
Beat Hulk like he did already?. No one is denying Zeus could beat Hulk. What I'm telling you is, Zeus cancelled Hulk healing factor just enough to feed his birds, forever. It's said on panel. Your strength will not return for months and your wounds will heal fast enough to keep them fed. Lol..he wanted to torture Hulk. Take away his strength so that he can't break those chains and give him enough of his healing abilities so that his birds can feed on him forever.

Zeus even upped the punishment. The next page states "Prometbius defied the gods by gifting men with fire. So Zeus sent eagles to devour his liver but you (Hulk) defied the gods by whining, so you get vultures". All of what I said is shown here.

http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863252_Incredible_Hulks_622_018.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863253_Incredible_Hulks_622_019.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863254_Incredible_Hulks_622_020.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863255_Incredible_Hulks_622_021.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863257_Incredible_Hulks_622_022.jpg

Thanks for posting the scans! You saved me some work since I was going to do the same. smile

Contrary to your pre-emptive interpretation, the exact opposite is true. As per Hephaestus' explanation, Hulk being *hit* by Zeus weakened him so much that his healing factor AND strength won't return "for a long time".

Zeus cancelled Hulk's HF alright. By hitting him. Very hard. smile

And we know he didn't use a spell to just 'turn it off', because as per Hephaestus, it is gradually expected to return. Sounds like an injury. smile

psycho gundam
He healed a broken neck during WWH. He was weakened to Grey Hulk in order to do it in the first place

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Thanks for posting the scans! You saved me some work since I was going to do the same. smile

Contrary to your pre-emptive interpretation, the exact opposite is true. As per Hephaestus' explanation, Hulk being *hit* by Zeus weakened him so much that his healing factor AND strength won't return "for a long time".

And we know he didn't use a spell to just 'turn it off', because as per Hephaestus, it is gradually expected to return. Sounds like an injury. smile

Ok, you're saying hitting, that scan isn't plural, it's singular. Zeus HIT canceled out Hulk healing factor. His hit during the onset, that lightning bolt. The scan isn't talking about a beating, it's talking about a single hit. I don't know how you misinterpreted that.

Stoic

Whoa slow down brother. It does in fact say that he was hit by Zeus, but it never states what was packed in the hit. We know that it wasn't a purely physical hit based off of the amplified power fist that are clearly seen during the mugging. This does not mean that he wasn't hit by magic. Zeus lied first of all. He first said that he was going to beat the Hulk on his level, which meant that he wasn't going to use exotic powers on him. Then the Hulk hit him, and he changed his mind and decided to use exotic powers on him. As I've stated, the Hulk has suffered graver wounds in the past, and healed from them. This time was different, and it is well within a character of Zeus' level to cancel a mortal like the Hulk's HF. Crap, even the Silver Surfer has the power to muck with the Hulk genetics.

CosmicComet
Guess you could explain it as Hulk's HF working overtime to keep from getting demolished by Zeus, and his whole nervous system was like "I'm done." afterward.

This whole argument of: Hulk's came back from deeper level of injuries is equivalent to saying he can't get knocked out.

"Oh he can back from a near skeleton, he can't get knocked out because that's just your brain hitting your skull. Lower level."

Obviously, that's stupid.

And no, Zeus showed he was a man of his word, completely. He said he would beat Hulk with his hands instead of simply erasing him from existence. He proceeded to do exactly that. He beat Hulk with Grecian fisticuffs.

And LOL @ Carver's idiotic semantic argument. I've never seen so desperate a parsing of words. And of course, its wrong anyway.

"You got hit" =/= "You got hit once".

-K-M-
I repeat what I said earlier...

Stoic
I repeat what I said earlier...

Do I need to repeat everything that I just wrote? Do you have any evidence that states otherwise?

CosmicComet
Do you?

You keep making these crap suppositions and speculations that aren't supported by text anywhere.

All it said was Hulk got hit by Zeus, and his strength and HF was comprised as a result. It was pure power, that was the answer, hence the bolding of Zeus' name in particular.

As if to say "Lol you just fought Zeus bruh. You really think you'd walk it off like that?"

Until you can prove otherwise, Occam's Razor tells us what we need to know.

carver9
Back on topic. Zeus wins by canceling out Hulk healing factor and strength again and stomp his brains out afterwards.

CosmicComet
Back on topic. Zeus wins by canceling out Hulk healing factor and strength again and stomp his brains out afterwards.

Yeah, he wins by canceling out Hulk's healing factor by *punching him very hard*, like he did the first time. smile

Stoic
Yeah, he wins by canceling out Hulk's healing factor by *punching him very hard*, like he did the first time. smile

It's like I said. Two people can read the exact same thing, and come out with two completely different conclusions. Zeus laced his punches with magic. No smiley face required.

Rao Kal El
Oh the humanity.

Only Carver will perform this mental gymnastics

CosmicComet
Again:

Do you?

You keep making these crap suppositions and speculations that aren't supported by text anywhere.

All it said was Hulk got hit by Zeus, and his strength and HF was comprised as a result. It was pure power, that was the answer, hence the bolding of Zeus' name in particular.

As if to say "Lol you just fought Zeus bruh. You really think you'd walk it off like that?"

Until you can prove otherwise, Occam's Razor tells us what we need to know.

Zeus punched Hulk. Had superficial lightning drawn around his fists. Hitting Hulk weakened his strength and healing for a long time. End of.

Until you can prove otherwise.

-K-M-
Do I need to repeat everything that I just wrote? Do you have any evidence that states otherwise?

Why would I need to? You're claim meaning YOU need to back it up.

Speculation is not fact

-K-M-
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Oh the humanity.

Only Carver will perform this mental gymnastics

and stoic too apparently

Rao Kal El
and stoic too apparently

Sadly it seems so

UCanShootMyNova

Like, I'm completely ignorant on this subject so feel free to tell me I'm being stupid here but, if we're talking about a being limited to physical capabilities then it doesn't matter what there position in the cosmic hierarchy is. Skyfather, Omega level mutant, whatever. You can't PHYSICALLY beat a healing factor out of someone unless said healing factor has demonstrated upper limits or the damage they deal is too much for the healing factor to repair.

UCanShootMyNova
I'll have to disagree with you there. I don't care if you throw in the Sky Father title as some proof. The fact is that the Hulk has been reduced to a near skeleton on panel, and healed from it within moments. The injuries that he sustained from Zeus on panel were less than that. All the same, I see no reason to drag this out. Zeus would win again if they faced off again, because once again, he would charge up his fists, and turn the Hulk's HF off.

This seems logical to me though it seems possible that it's simply an inconsistent HF showing of Hulk's rather then Zeus turning it off with magic.

carver9
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Like, I'm completely ignorant on this subject so feel free to tell me I'm being stupid here but, if we're talking about a being limited to physical capabilities then it doesn't matter what there position in the cosmic hierarchy is. Skyfather, Omega level mutant, whatever. You can't PHYSICALLY beat a healing factor out of someone unless said healing factor has demonstrated upper limits or the damage they deal is too much for the healing factor to repair.

That's the point of a healing factor...to heal through beatings and Hulk has the best healing factor in comics.

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah. It seems illogical to me that anybody could physically beat it out of him. Especially when the damage dealt was seemingly less then what Hulk's been healed from in the past ( apparently he's healed as a skeleton? ).

The only options therefore are

- Zeus can NOT physically beat the HF out of Hulk.
- It was an inconsistent showing.
- Some bullshit excuse about Zeus dealing internal unforeseen damage that was super long lasting. This seems like reaching at best.

Sin I AM
That's the point of a healing factor...to heal through beatings and Hulk has the best healing factor in comics.

Arguably.

UCanShootMyNova
I highly doubt he could heal from being reduced nearly to skeleton dozens upon dozens of times which is my point. The fact that Zeus' attacks did such substantial damage to Hulk despite his base durability is prove enough to me that Zeus is a good deal above him healing be damned.

This seems to be reaching... Like, why did Zeus's attacks not show themselves to be as damaging as reducing Hulk to a skeleton if they were more powerful. That doesn't make sense unless they were magical.

psycho gundam
Back on topic. Zeus wins by canceling out Hulk healing factor and strength again and stomp his brains out afterwards. Shut up

UCanShootMyNova

What, physically? Why?

If you're saying magically then I don't think Carver disagreed with that unless I'm missing something.

-K-M-
So Zeus deceides to nerf himself to fight on hulks level then deceides I'm going to nerf hulk now? Come on

UCanShootMyNova
Hey man, I don't know. I've never even read the comics.

Maybe he realized he wouldn't be able to put the Hulk down without using something like that though?

Regardless isn't charging up your fists with lightning kind of cheating in what's supposed to be a physical fight anyways?

UCanShootMyNova
Honestly TO ME it just seems like an inconsistent showing for Hulk's healing factor. But I imagine that doesn't please any of the parties involved here...

UCanShootMyNova

This is a good point. I didn't know Hulk still had some of his healing factor left. But then couldn't Zeus have simply granted part of his healing factor back after taking it away during the fight?

-K-M-
Hey man, I don't know. I've never even read the comics.

Maybe he realized he wouldn't be able to put the Hulk down without using something like that though?

Regardless isn't charging up your fists with lightning kind of cheating in what's supposed to be a physical fight anyways?

I would advise you to read it as the fight wasn't even close.

Oh you mean like how Hulk can amp his own strength in a fight hitting things?

UCanShootMyNova

You know you can be "hit" by a spell from somebody and that a spells effects don't have to last forever and in fact more often then not fade over time similar to an injury?

UCanShootMyNova
I would advise you to read it as the fight wasn't even close.

Oh you mean like how Hulk can amp his own strength in a fight hitting things?

Oh I'm not saying it was. From what I can tell Hulk got stomped. But that's not particularly relevant to the matter of what happened with Hulk's healing factor.

Hulk wasn't the one trying to bring himself down to Zeus's level though...

CosmicComet
You know you can be "hit" by a spell from somebody and that a spells effects don't have to last forever and in fact more often then not fade over time similar to an injury?

Read the rest of my posts.

carver9
This seems to be reaching... Like, why did Zeus's attacks not show themselves to be as damaging as reducing Hulk to a skeleton if they were more powerful. That doesn't make sense unless they were magical.

The same writer had Hulk healing instantly from consistent holes being punched in him. He is well aware of how powerful Hulk healing factor is which is the reason he had everyone and their grandma attacking it, trying to get rid of it through the entire World at War arc.

carver9
Shut up

Yes maam.

-K-M-
Oh I'm not saying it was. From what I can tell Hulk got stomped. But that's not particularly relevant to the matter of what happened with Hulk's healing factor.

Hulk wasn't the one trying to bring himself down to Zeus's level though...

there is no evidence those charged fists were magical spells to nerf his healing factor

He did bring himself down to his level, Zeus has shown to toss a legit mountain onto a titan. He's a god of lightening, similar to Thor has sparks of lightening and electricity doesn't mean he amped his physical strength. As said in the story he could vaporize Hulk in a second, but decided not to and fought him with his strength.

UCanShootMyNova
Guess you could explain it as Hulk's HF working overtime to keep from getting demolished by Zeus, and his whole nervous system was like "I'm done." afterward.

This whole argument of: Hulk's came back from deeper level of injuries is equivalent to saying he can't get knocked out.

"Oh he can back from a near skeleton, he can't get knocked out because that's just your brain hitting your skull. Lower level."

Obviously, that's stupid.

And no, Zeus showed he was a man of his word, completely. He said he would beat Hulk with his hands instead of simply erasing him from existence. He proceeded to do exactly that. He beat Hulk with Grecian fisticuffs.

And LOL @ Carver's idiotic semantic argument. I've never seen so desperate a parsing of words. And of course, its wrong anyway.

"You got hit" =/= "You got hit once".

That's a good point but like I said isn't it reaching to assume that the damage he was healing from over the course of their fight was equivalent to being disintegrated down to the bone?

Like it would have to have been pretty much ALL internal given the external damage didn't show anything close.

Like would multiple blows that completely shattered his internals and been healed by Hulk's HF every time before taking another punch and getting exhausted be equivalent?

How long did their fight go on for?

Delta1938
The arguments to justify that Hulk didn't just simply get the fukcing shit beaten out of him are as bad as "Zeus only won because his arms are longer!!" I had seen when it happened.

carver9
there is no evidence those charged fists were magical spells to nerf his healing factor

He did bring himself down to his level, Zeus has shown to toss a legit mountain onto a titan. He's a god of lightening, similar to Thor has sparks of lightening and electricity doesn't mean he amped his physical strength. As said in the story he could vaporize Hulk in a second, but decided not to and fought him with his strength.

He obviously amped himself. Zeus made Hulk look like a midget in height by the end of that scuffle. He was HUGE. Hulk is 12 ft and Zeus still towered him and no, that's not an average height for Zeus.

psycho gundam
Yes maam. You continue to bite the hand that feeds

UCanShootMyNova

Sure but it seems like a plausible suggestion tbh.

Can Hulk not toss mountains? People tell me he's superman level in strength and I though superman is like planet level physically.

Yeah but you said Zeus agreed to fistacuffs. You don't think he could control his lightning and simply not use it during the fight?

carver9
Here is the entire fight...

http://thumbnails36.imagebam.com/11699/d50405116981445.jpg http://thumbnails37.imagebam.com/11699/66fec6116981463.jpg http://thumbnails36.imagebam.com/11699/c9b9f8116981474.jpg http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/11699/cebe82116981507.jpg

UCanShootMyNova
Like, I just honestly don't think that whatever internal damage Hulk was suffering and healing from from Zeus's blows is equivalent to healing from a skeleton tbh.

It seems more plausible that Zeus used magic to depower his HF then that his physical blows exhausted it.

Going to agree with Caver here.

carver9
http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863057_Incredible_Hulks_622_005.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863060_Incredible_Hulks_622_006.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863061_Incredible_Hulks_622_007.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863062_Incredible_Hulks_622_008.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863063_Incredible_Hulks_622_009.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863064_Incredible_Hulks_622_010.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863066_Incredible_Hulks_622_011.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863067_Incredible_Hulks_622_012.jpg

UCanShootMyNova
http://i.qkme.me/3pdic0.jpg

carver9
http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863170_Incredible_Hulks_622_013.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863171_Incredible_Hulks_622_014.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863173_Incredible_Hulks_622_015.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863174_Incredible_Hulks_622_016.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5863175_Incredible_Hulks_622_017.jpg

-K-M-
Sure but it's a plausible suggestion tbh.

Can Hulk not toss mountains? People tell me he's superman level in strength and I though superman is like planet level strength.

Yeah but you said Zeus agreed to fistacuffs. You don't he could control his lightning and simply not use it during the fight?

It's not. When there is no factual evidence to support an argument it holds no weight

You're not familiar with comic characters are you? Not a bad thing, but just wondering what your background is and what your familiar with so I can give comparisons

Because he showed ligtening blasts earlier and that is what could have vaporized him. The whole point was he wanted to nerf himself to Hulk's level. So now you're argument maybe he didn't? Even Hera called on Zeus to break the oath as he (hulk) is a monster. However, Zeus refused and said "the word of Zeus. Your terms beast"

UCanShootMyNova
http://i.imgur.com/7MISJCa.jpg

@KM

Sorry. I don't think I trust Zeus's word on keeping it a fisticuffs match only anymore...

-K-M-
.....read the next page after that. Not sure if your trolling now.

http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/sp/56846bf3a6bf123e421795f345c9951e/Incredible_Hulks_622_009.jpg

CosmicComet
That's a good point but like I said isn't it reaching to assume that the damage he was healing from over the course of their fight was equivalent to being disintegrated down to the bone?

Like it would have to have been pretty much ALL internal given the external damage didn't show anything close.

Like would multiple blows that completely shattered his internals and been healed by Hulk's HF every time before taking another punch and getting exhausted be equivalent?

How long did their fight go on for?

What is a reach is coming up with explanations don't exist anywhere in-text.

People saying Zeus somehow "laced his fists with healing factor and strength mitigating spells" are making tall claims that need proof. That's how it works.

Zeus beat Hulk down. That's what Hephestus said, that's what was shown, and pure power was the only reason implied.

Again, Occam's Razor tells us which side is more likely correct. It's a put up, or shut up situation.

The lightning around his fists was a superficial artistic effect until proven otherwise. Seeing as said lightning was not pointed out in the story as a detail, at all. Anywhere. It's only being brought up by zealots looking for excuses for Hulk's loss.

Once more, the Carver and Stoic argument is essentially saying it is impossible for Hulk to lose by mere KO, ever. Even though it has happened over and over.

UCanShootMyNova
It's not. When there is no factual evidence to support an argument it holds no weight

You're not familiar with comic characters are you? Not a bad thing, but just wondering what your background is and what your familiar with so I can give comparisons

Because he showed ligtening blasts earlier and that is what could have vaporized him. The whole point was he wanted to nerf himself to Hulk's level. So now you're argument maybe he didn't? Even Hera called on Zeus to break the oath as he (hulk) is a monster. However, Zeus refused and said "the word of Zeus. Your terms beast"

Why shouldn't a skyfather be capable of using such magic? And it seems like a logical alternative when the seeming damage Zeus dealt isn't equal to damage Hulk's taken in the past.

Star Wars is my background.

Yeah but what reason does Zeus have to keep it? And Hulk never even set terms in the first place. He's interrupted by Zeus's attack before he can.

UCanShootMyNova

People saying Zeus somehow "laced his fists with healing factor and strength mitigating spells" are making tall claims that need proof. That's how it works.

Zeus beat Hulk down. That's what Hephestus said, that's what was shown, and pure power was the only reason implied.

Again, Occam's Razor tells us which side is more likely correct. It's a put up, or shut up situation.

The lightning around his fists was a superficial artistic effect until proven otherwise. Seeing as said lightning was not pointed out in the story as a detail, at all. Anywhere. It's only being brought up by zealots looking for excuses for Hulk's loss.

Once more, the Carver and Stoic argument is essentially saying it is impossible for Hulk to lose by mere KO, ever. Even though it has happened over and over.

I think it's fair to come up with alternative logical explanations in lieu if one does not exist.

Occam's what?

"The lightning around his fists was a superficial artistic effect until proven otherwise."

Why?

Can you name another example? I believe you I just want to be sure, you know?

-K-M-
Why shouldn't a skyfather be capable of using such magic? And it seems like a logical alternative when the seeming damage Zeus dealt isn't equal to damage Hulk's taken in the past.

Star Wars is my background.

Yeah but what reason does Zeus have to keep it? And Hulk never even set terms in the first place.

Because as NOTED he wasn't using his magic. He nerfed himself to Hulk's terms

Yes he did...just read the issue. He said Zeus would be a coward if he used his powers and wanted a fist fight. Why does he keep it? Word of Zeus.

CosmicComet
Sorry, but after your dishonest out-of context scan posting---especially after admitting you didn't even read it-- it is clear you are no longer worth engaging on this subject.

UCanShootMyNova
Well no, Hera said

"You don't have to keep your word to a beast!"

Zeus didn't say anything to contradict her then said

"Your terms beast!"

Like he was going to abide by them.

Then he attacks Hulk midsentence before terms can be set.

And he says before that he's going to give him a beating by hand but then goes back on that and flings a lightning bolt at him right after.

Stoic

No. That wasn't what I was saying. Perhaps you should go back and read what I said. It was in concerns to his HF, not whether or not he was going to defeat Zeus. Furthermore, if you really want to get technical about it, the Hulk didn't go all out. This is not to say, now pay close attention. This is not to say that even if he went all out that he would have defeated Zeus, just that he didn't raise the bar on Earth the way that he did when he was in the Dark Dimension. All the same, you're free to go back and re-read what I wrote concerning his healing factor, and why I wrote what I wrote.

-K-M-
Well no, Hera said

"You don't have to keep your word to a beast!"

Zeus didn't say anything to contradict her then said

"Your terms beast!"

Like he was going to abide by them.

Then he attacks Hulk midsentence before terms can be set.

What does "Word of Zeus" mean? I notice you completely ignored it. Hint...it means he is honor bound to follow the stipulations

He could have whiped him out with the lightening blast but intentially missed and said your terms Hulk and said "the word of Zeus" as in I swear I will follow your terms

erm

UCanShootMyNova
Bleh.

UCanShootMyNova
What does "Word of Zeus" mean? I notice you completely ignored it. Hint...it means he is honor bound to follow the stipulations

He could have whipped him out with the lightening blast but intentially missed and said your terms Hulk and said "the word of Zeus" as in I swear I will follow your terms

erm

Oh shoot. I missed that. I thought he HAD hit Hulk with the lightning bolt but you're right that he intentionally missed. Fair point.

-K-M-
Like my point is. Zeus isn't really an honorable guy.

He says he's going to give Hulk what he wants.

"A beating."

Then proceeds to utterly shit on that and instead throw a lightning bolt at him.

He asks what his terms are then attacks him before the terms are even set.

Zeus isn't a guy who's word I'd trust enough to use it as evidence here tbh.

and you have evidence he wasn't being honorable here? The mental gymnastics you people are doing is mind blowing.

He says he wants to give him a beating..."to be beaten to death..by hand"

If he truly wasn't honorable he COULD have killed him at any time, which Hulk himself verified and said he would be a coward if he did. Which Zeus took as an insult and wanted to teach him a lesson JUST using his fists

Again you don't read the characters, so what evidence are you basing this off?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>