Imperial Hierarchy...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
As of current Rebels, who are the top 10 authorities/figureheads in the Empire? An ordered list is preferred.

Beniboybling
10? I don't think we have enough info for that, top 5 would probably looking something like this tho:

1. Emperor Palpatine
2. Grand Moff Tarkin
3. Lord Vader
4. Grand Vizier Amedda
5. Grand Admiral Thrawn

Zenwolf
Grand General Tagge too Beni, should be above Vader. Which man...I was hoping he'd become a prominent figure in the New Canon, since they had him survive the Death Star...oh well.

Beniboybling
OP said as of Rebels, Tagge isn't a Grand General yet.

However Tagge (and Motti) would probably be high on the list.

Zenwolf
Ah! Oops.

Galan007
Yeah, Tagge only became Vader's superior after the first Death Star was destroyed -- and that was meant as more of a punishment than anything... Palpatine was pissed.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
10? I don't think we have enough info for that, top 5 would probably looking something like this tho:

1. Emperor Palpatine
2. Grand Moff Tarkin
3. Lord Vader
4. Grand Vizier Amedda
5. Grand Admiral Thrawn Figured 10 might be too much, but I didn't want to limit it strictly to 5... Just looking for an upper-echelon list, is all. thumb up

Where would Governor Pryce fall on your list?

Zenwolf
Well then, I'm not sure there's enough info yet in Canon to make a Top 10 list.

ares834
The Rebels Visual Guide has a rough Imperial Hierarchy in it. Though it is positions rather than specific people. I can post it later tonight.

Zenwolf
Ya I figure any Hierarchy would be more on which branch, rather than overall.

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
The Rebels Visual Guide has a rough Imperial Hierarchy in it. Though it is positions rather than specific people. I can post it later tonight. Would be appreciated.

Judging by the responses, it looks like I had the pecking order correct. I was just curious, because the EU ranking system was all over the place.

On another note: where do you guys think Inquisitors factor-in to the hierarchy?

Zenwolf
Probably about the same as their Legends counterparts, since they can take control of ships and resources to do their job. Although the Legends ones are probably a little better, since they could take entire fleets.

Darth Thor
Vader is called "Palpatine's right hand man" in the R1 novelisation for what that's worth. I'd say going by that and the novel Tarkin, that Vader and Tarkin's positions are likely interchangeable depending on circumstances.

Aside from that Beni's list seems right.

The_Tempest
Vader is Palpatine's right hand man. That doesn't necessarily mean that he "outranks" Tarkin, just as a CEO's executive assistant doesn't outrank a CFO.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, Tagge only became Vader's superior after the first Death Star was destroyed -- and that was meant as more of a punishment than anything... Palpatine was pissed.

Figured 10 might be too much, but I didn't want to limit it strictly to 5... Just looking for an upper-echelon list, is all. thumb up

Where would Governor Pryce fall on your list? Pryce is a regional governor, so though high-ranking, she's still common place.

UCanShootMyNova
Admiral Sloane was the ranking commander in charge of the Imperial Fleet after the destruction of the Death Star.

ares834
And? By that time the Empire is in shambles. She is far from the top at this point.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Vader is Palpatine's right hand man. That doesn't necessarily mean that he "outranks" Tarkin, just as a CEO's executive assistant doesn't outrank a CFO.

Didn't say he outranks Tarkin. Just that Vader's not so easily ranked.

But Vader was given command of the entire Imperial military in the last post ANH Vader comic. So it's like you said that it's only by ESB he has a proper rank/designation with regards to the fleet.

ares834
So it's not much but here is the (limited) hierarchy from the book.

http://s6d1.turboimg.net/t1/31952165_IMG_0624.jpg

Galan007
Interesting. Thanks for that.

In Vader's entry it says: "except for Tarkin" he controls all of the Emperor's servants, yet it still lists Grand Moffs below Vader himself.

Now I know Tarkin outranks Vader, but is that exclusive to Tarkin, or are all Grand Moffs above Vader?

Beniboybling
The Inquisitors being above the Imperial military is interesting, that could mean the GI could be no #6 or higher.

And it says Vader commands all the Emperor's servants bar Tarkin, so obviously all the other Grand Moffs are beneath him.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by ares834
And? By that time the Empire is in shambles. She is far from the top at this point.

I know. I'm just saying it appears she's a pretty high ranking military officer as she was the second highest ranking military officer during the Battle of Endor. I think she's worthy of mention.

ares834
No, she wasn't. She is just the second highest in Rax's Imperial faction.

Lord Stark
I'll do top 5ish
As of Rebels:
1. Sheev
2. Mas Amedda
3. Tarkin/Vader (They have more sway with the Emperor but it seems Mas may technically outrank them as Grand Vizier given he literally runs the day to day of the Empire)
4. Grand Admiral Thrawn
5. The Imperial Joint Chiefs (Motti, Tagge, ect.)

As of ANH:
1. Sheev
2. Tarkin (without the Senate Tarkin and all Moffs gain considerable authority as power is decentralized)
3. Vader
4. Mas Amedda (Less power as the Moffs now have direct control of their territory, still they all presumably answer to him)
5. Thrawn (?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.