Lizard/Black Panther/Luke Cage vs. Wolverine/Captain America/MCU Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Adamantium Logan
Tchalla has his suit

Who wins

Henry_Pym
Team two, but Cage is gonna be a ***** to put down.

TheVaultDweller
I'd argue that Lizard would be the biggest issue to take out, unless team 2 works together (which would be hard to do while also dealing with BP and Cage). He was notably stronger than Garfield Spiderman, almost as fast, and his healing allowed him to regrow entire limbs in seconds. And MCU Spiderman, even if we include his Homecoming strength feats, still has very limited usable combat showings.

Henry_Pym
Wolverine is pretty kill happy and Cap's not much better. I can see Lizard getting decapitated.

TheVaultDweller
If they can manage it. As I mentioned, Lizard is pretty damn fast. And he has a much greater reach than either of them. I can see Logan literally getting backhanded and sent flying if he tries to get near (Lizard was flinging things like SUVs around, so it won't take him much effort), and Lizard possibly avoiding/dodging shield tosses from Cap.

Anyone who can not only keep up with Garfield Spiderman, but overpower and come close to killing him (Peter survived pretty much all their one-on-one encounters via plot), is no easy opponent.

Edit: On a random note, I wonder how Logan's claws would do against Cage. I gave LD the benefit of the doubt in another thread, because her claws are thinner (smaller surface area), and she seemed to have a notable strength edge (so greater application of force), but not sure about Logan. Those claws have some odd showings. There are multiple instances in The Wolverine where regular guys with regular swords block his strikes, without the blades getting cut up. The Judas bullets needed to be fired from a special, high-powered rifle. And, even then, they didn't instantly pierce him, but needed to drill through his skin before detonating inside him. Which also makes that shotgun showing from JJ even more PIS (even ignoring all the other showings that contradicts it). Those things blew large craters in things like concrete walls when they detonated, which is way more than a single-barrel 12-gauge could ever hope to achieve. And two of those detonated inside his torso, past his skin layer, after drilling their way into him (unlike the shotgun blast, which hit his skin). If the shotgun was even remotely reflective of his true durability, those detonations should have done horrific damage to his organs, and caused numerous severe hemorrhages, which did not happen. In fact, it was Luke's powers/healing which was causing the trouble, as his body trying to repair itself caused the alien shrapnel to be pulled deeper inside him, and his super tough tissue making removing the shrapnel extremely difficult.

Henry_Pym
I'd say MCU Spidey is noticeably stronger than Garfield Spidey (best feat the car catch(?)

I have never been impressed by Fox's adamantium, I think it is hard enough to make superficial cuts but I doubt he has the strength to piece Cage.

My match ups were
Logan v Lizard
Cap v Cage
Spidey v BP

BP gets webbed for a quick victory and then it's 2 v 3.

golem370
Lizard solo imo

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
I'd say MCU Spidey is noticeably stronger than Garfield Spidey (best feat the car catch(?)

He did catch the police car with casual ease, while making jokes. But his best feat is likely this one, just after the 6 minute mark:

WfV-0Yv5vNY

But there is another decent example, from ASM1, even though most people miss it, around the 10 second mark. We see that Peter caught all the vehicles Lizard had tossed off the bridge (earlier in that scene, which is not in the clip, we see how he goes about stopping one of the falling cars). He used his webbing to grab them and hook them to the bridge, but he still had to be strong enough to hold the weight of the vehicles connected to his webbing, while he was doing it. He also catches and holds the flaming SUV, with one hand, around the 1:05 mark:

c8kssPdg2u8

Garfield Spiderman's strength feats are less common than that of the other 2, but they show that he is no slouch in that department.

BP gets webbed for a quick victory and then it's 2 v 3.

We don't know how well those webs would do against vibranium claws. Sam and Bucky seemed to get themselves loose fairly quickly after BFR'ing Spidey, using Redwing. Based on the visual time line we see onscreen, they weren't even pinned down for a whole minute. And Black Panther himself has reflexes good enough to dodge and catch Hawkeye's arrows.

golem370
If he ties his hands BP shouldn't be able to use his claws.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by golem370
If he ties his hands BP shouldn't be able to use his claws.

Assuming he can hit his hands. As I pointed out, BP has some super sharp reflexes.

TheVaultDweller
I have never been impressed by Fox's adamantium, I think it is hard enough to make superficial cuts but I doubt he has the strength to piece Cage.

I had a (rather slapstick) thought. What if Spiderman threw Wolverine at Cage, arms and claws extended, like an extremely angry spear? laughing

wakkawakkawakka

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I had a (rather slapstick) thought. What if Spiderman threw Wolverine at Cage, arms and claws extended, like an extremely angry spear? laughing I pictured Spidey using Logan like a puppet and grabbing him by the wrist and stab/slashing Cage. Still not sure that would be enough. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it forced Logan's claws backwards before piercing Cage. They are held forward by muscle control we assume.

TheVaultDweller
I pictured Spidey using Logan like a puppet and grabbing him by the wrist and stab/slashing Cage. Still not sure that would be enough. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it forced Logan's claws backwards before piercing Cage. They are held forward by muscle control we assume.

lol Now I am picturing Peter sitting on a roof or something, with his webbing around Logan's wrists, literally using him as a marionette.

Henry_Pym
I wish I was an artist, that should be a what if cover

Arachnid1
Originally posted by golem370
Lizard solo imo I agree. He stomped the hell out of Garfield Spiderman every time they fought. Parker got repeatedly saved by circumstance. His Spiderman was the fastest/best fighter of all the movie adaptations too, not to mention his insane damage soak. Team 1 doesn't even need BP or Cage here.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Arachnid1
His Spiderman was the fastest/best fighter of all the movie adaptations too, not to mention his insane damage soak.

His damage soak was kind of silly at times (like extreme to the point of being nonsensical). At the end of ASM2, he shrugged off the massive surge of electricity (he was using his body to complete the circuit, IIRC) which overloaded friggin' Electro (the guy whose entire schtick is electricity). And then still fought Harry Green Goblin afterwards.

FrothByte
Team 1 is far too tanky. Lizard is not only bullet resistant, he probably has the best HF as well. BP's suit makes him nearly as invulnerable as Cage.

On team 2, Wolverine has good damage soak but has shown multiple times that he can get taken out by blunt trauma. Cap is superb but can't heal from wounds and Spidey, while strong, got his ass kicked by Cap and is nowhere near ASM level in feats. Definitely nowhere near strong enough to take on Lizard. And once Spidey is taken out, Cap and Logan will be easy prey for Team 1. Lizard will murder anyone who tries to take him on 1 on 1, but team 2 can't exactly team up against him while BP and Cage are there.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Team 1 is far too tanky. Lizard is not only bullet resistant, he probably has the best HF as well.

Yeah, Lizard's healing factor is insane. Even ignoring the regrowing limbs bit, it took a shit-ton of bullets to put him down, and it only kept him down for a few seconds. In fact, part of him going down was likely him playing possum, to get the SWAT guys near enough to gas:

Fy9tURufoxc

TheVaultDweller
Cage also has a healing factor, actually. After the Judas shrapnel was removed from his body, his wounds healed completely (to the point where he didn't even have any scars) in the time it took him and Claire to get from the Seagate doc's house back to Harlem. Not on the same level as Wolverine or Lizard, but definitely nothing to scoff at either. Based on that, his healing factor is probably more on par with someone like CW Flash.

John Murdoch
Team 1 wins the day.

Anyone that is Garfield Spider-Man's better is going take down anyone on Team 2. Add possibly the 2nd greatest threat out of all combatants here (BP) and someone that has the strength and durability of Cage, and I don't see how Team 2 wins the day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.