Best Anime of 2016

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
The Top 20 Best Anime of 2016, based on their scores on MyAnimeList.

https://myanimelist.net/featured/2076/Top_20_Best_Anime_of_2016

20: Ajin 2nd Season

19: Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season (Snow White with the Red Hair 2)

18: Magi: Sinbad no Bouken (TV)

17: Durarara!!x2 Ketsu

16: ReLIFE

15: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season

14: Hibike! Euphonium 2 (Sound! Euphonium 2)

13: Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia)

12: Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season

11: Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara (Food Wars! The Second Plate)

10: Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.)

9: Mob Psycho 100

8: Yuri!!! on Ice

7: Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (Showa and Genroku Era Lover's Suicide Through Rakugo)

6: Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-)

5: Boku dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED)

4: Natsume Yuujinchou Go (Natsume's Book of Friends Season 5)

3: JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable)

2: Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season (Assassination Classroom Second Season)

1: Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou (Haikyu!! 3rd Season)

Not a bad list, I think. Six of them I saw and enjoyed, one I still have to finish and one is on my to-be-watched list. Most of the ones I haven't seen are just not my taste.

Based on my preferences, I would have liked to see Gate Season Two, Drifters and All Out!! make this list as well.

Any of your 2016 favourites not on the list?

Ridley_Prime
Seen some of those here and there, though out of them, been watching Ajin S2 on a daily basis more recently. Great show.

carver9
One Punch Man
DragonBall Super

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Seen some of those here and there, though out of them, been watching Ajin S2 on a daily basis more recently. Great show.

I just got the first season to check out. Looking forward to it!

@carver9

For some reason I never got into One Punch Man. Only watched one episode, though, so maybe I'll give it another try some time. As for Dragonball - after I watched Hunter X Hunter and Fairy Tail I just never felt like getting into another anime with hundreds of episodes again.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I just got the first season to check out. Looking forward to it!

@carver9

For some reason I never got into One Punch Man. Only watched one episode, though, so maybe I'll give it another try some time. As for Dragonball - after I watched Hunter X Hunter and Fairy Tail I just never felt like getting into another anime with hundreds of episodes again.

First 3 eps are slow-ish. Picks up at ep 4, stick with it, you won't regret it.

OPM was 2015 tho.

Surprised Konosubarashi isn't there. Funny anime. Re: Zero is good if you're willing to overlook the overacting characters.

NemeBro
Originally posted by carver9
One Punch Man
DragonBall Super These are both 2015 anime.

carver9
Both leaked over into 2016 though.

cdtm
One Punch Man
DragonBall Super

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Dreampanther

Netflix stahp. You're making him look like the main character. DX

vansonbee
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season (Snow White with the Red Hair 2)

17: Durarara!!x2 Ketsu

15: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season

13: Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia)

11: Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara (Food Wars! The Second Plate)

4: Natsume Yuujinchou Go (Natsume's Book of Friends Season 5)

1: Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou (Haikyu!! 3rd Season)

These are the series I'm currently following, maybe except for Durarara, still stuck with one of previous prequels. The majority of anime on the list I have known about, but these are the one I watched for 2016. Sinbad series is meh for me, I rather wait for Magi s3 to come out. Natsume probably a series I'll watch forever, its nice and calming environment. Food Wars suffer a little this s2 and I just recently finished Snow White anime, going to start the 2nd season soon, same with s2 Gundam down the line.

AuraAngel
Magi s3 probably won't come out if Sinbad is continuing to do well. His story is more traditional Shonen stuff and it centers on the most popular character in Magi.

But hey if it makes you feel better Sinbad could beat all these guys in a fight with more ease than Saitama.

vansonbee
Its not that I dislike it, it feels predictable. Since, I'm also following the main series manga XD

AuraAngel
To be fair a new season of Sinbad would get to focus on the really meaty parts that make the manga go from good to great. Sinbad becoming a slave and his failure to conquer Zepar are immensely important since, at least as far as the first anime goes, he basically is an utterly unstoppable badass bordering on Mary Sue.

But I agree. I really want to see Alma Toran and Hakuryuu's actions get adapted as well.

cdtm
One Punch Man
DragonBall Super
Seven Deadly Sins

Using Carv logic of "leaked dates". smile

Prof. T.C McAbe
Yuri on Ice is awesome!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.