Leia in Episode IX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Carrie Fisher was reportedly going to have an even larger role in Episode IX than in Episode VIII, so I'm curious as to what you guys think Disney should do.

1. CGI Leia, ala Tarkin in Rogue One

2. Write Leia out of Episode IX

3. Some other option?

Vote in the poll and discuss below.

Kurk
They perform necromancy

|King Joker|
Personally, it just doesn't sit right with me for them to CGI Carrie Fisher in Episode IX. It just irks me. I was really excited when I saw Tarkin CGI'd in Rogue One, but after I started thinking about I'm now kind of nonplussed with the idea of him being in the movie. With Carrie, there's also the fact that she died very recently, and with me, I'm much more attached to Carrie than I am with Peter Cushing, so seeing her CGI'd would be very uncomfortable for me to watch.

There's also the fact that I really doubt anyone can replicate Carrie's voice.

Kurk
I thought the CGI of Leia at the end of R1 was terrifying

They better fix their shit or find a way to preserve her corpse like they did to Vladimir Lenin and use that as a puppet

|King Joker|
she's been cremated

Kurk
Why does her urn look like a Prozac pill?

|King Joker|
Because she was very open about her bipolar and had a good sense of humor.

Her kitchen floor tiles were also in a Prozac pill pattern. smile

SunRazer
Writing her out would probably be best.

NewGuy01
Probably a mix of both. She should be written out for the most part, but have a CGI clip or two to justify her lack-of-presence.

ares834
They should minimize her role to some extent, but otherwise they should use CGI.

UCanShootMyNova
CG Tarkin was amazing and an enourmous step forwards in animation technology.

CGI Leia was less detailed ( I.E. had very few physical flaws ) because they didn't spend as much on her as she wasn't on screen as long and she was in a bright well lit and completely white background which highlighted said flaws.

I think it'd be too expensive to do a good CGI Leia in Episode 8 so they should just go with writing her out.

SunRazer
Episode IX, not VIII. She's already done her scenes for VIII.

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
Writing her out would probably be best.

cs_zoltan
Use CGI to write her out properly.

Beniboybling
^^

Preferably without dialogue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.