Thing vs. MCU Ultron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: H2H

Round 2: Ultron can use his lasers

TheVaultDweller
Final Form Ultron, or the version Cap and Iron Man fought?

carthage
FINAL FORM VIBRANIUM ULTRON

TheVaultDweller
Thing has better strength feats (I'm assuming we are using the '05/'07 version), but I don't know if he is strong enough to really damage Final Form Ultron. But, at the same time, even Final Form Ultron's damage output wasn't that impressive, so he'd struggle to make any real impression on Ben. Going to say stalemate, for now, unless someone can provide a good argument for either side.

FrothByte
I think both Thing and Ultron are both lacking in offensive power, or at least they have a disproportionate offense compared to their defensive capabilities.

In the end I'll still give Ultron the win, simply for the fact that he has more options. He's strong enough to manhandle Thor and Vision so we know he's physically strong. He can fly, he has laser blasts and he has that weird telekinetic/magnetic pull. So he has more variety and far better mobility and comparable damage soak and strength to Thing.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I think both Thing and Ultron are both lacking in offensive power, or at least they have a disproportionate offense compared to their defensive capabilities.

In the end I'll still give Ultron the win, simply for the fact that he has more options. He's strong enough to manhandle Thor and Vision so we know he's physically strong. He can fly, he has laser blasts and he has that weird telekinetic/magnetic pull. So he has more variety and far better mobility and comparable damage soak and strength to Thing.

He's gimped from using most of that in the OP. First round is pure H2H. Second he gets his energy blasts. Not sure about comparable strength though. The London Eye press is a pretty insane feat (all Sue and Reed really did was keep it level. Ben was the one who physically lifted it upwards).

Thing has a lot of pure strength feats (shoulderchecking a truck, pulling that fire engine back onto the bridge, overhead pressing the London Eye etc.), but he actually has little in the way of real combat feats. I'd argue that Johnny, using Thing's strength, has better striking feats than Ben himself does. The two hits, around the 8 second mark, are better than anything Thing did himself:

AzBp3NVfkyc

Best strength display by Thing (of any kind), in actual combat, is probably this, at the 5 second mark:

kPRjkUwfzUc

FrothByte
Didn't read OP much. Though OP didn't ban Ultron from flying which still gives him better mobility. I'm just not that sold on Thing's offensive output. For all his weightlifting feats he didn't seem to dish out enough punishment, at least not enough for me to think he can seriously damage Ultron. To be fair, in a pure h2h fight, I doubt Ultron can also dish out enough damage to take out Thing.

This is going to be 1 long match.

Silent Master
Didn't read OP much. Though OP didn't ban Ultron from flying which still gives him better mobility. I'm just not that sold on Thing's offensive output. For all his weightlifting feats he didn't seem to dish out enough punishment, at least not enough for me to think he can seriously damage Ultron. To be fair, in a pure h2h fight, I doubt Ultron can also dish out enough damage to take out Thing.

This is going to be 1 long match.

If neither can damage the other enough to win, then it becomes a matter of stamina, in which case I'd give the win to the robot.

Surtur
Does a H2H fight mean flight is not allowed?

John Murdoch
If Ben fought Dr. Doom pretty evenly and did the London eye lifting feat, shouldn't he be able to eventually grab Ultron and crush him via repeated slamming and pounding? Final form Ultron was partially vibranium and had his robotic "heart" ripped out by Scarlet Witch; I think Thing could grab him, Loki-ragdoll him, and eventually damage him enough to grab that thing and power him down.

FrothByte
Originally posted by John Murdoch
If Ben fought Dr. Doom pretty evenly and did the London eye lifting feat, shouldn't he be able to eventually grab Ultron and crush him via repeated slamming and pounding? Final form Ultron was partially vibranium and had his robotic "heart" ripped out by Scarlet Witch; I think Thing could grab him, Loki-ragdoll him, and eventually damage him enough to grab that thing and power him down.

Wanda was only able to do that after Ultron was severely damaged by a continuous blast from Thor, IM and Vision. And honestly, I don't think Thing could have handled a continuous combined blast like that.

John Murdoch
Wanda was only able to do that after Ultron was severely damaged by a continuous blast from Thor, IM and Vision. And honestly, I don't think Thing could have handled a continuous combined blast like that.

True that, Froth. That makes me think Ben could maybe squeak out a prolonged fight win in round 1, possibly round 2 as well if he can handle Ultron's lasers like he did Doom's lightning.

Ultron should have the speed, mobility (even without flight), and size advantage though right?

Actually, I don't see how Ultron can win: Ben had that massive metal door/vault door (?) launched at him, putting him into a wall in FF2. It did nothing but make him utter, "Ow." How could Ultron put down Ben?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.