Is Shannon Power biased against gay men?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

heartfire

Surtur
I guess all I would say is..if you're claiming you are gay but then you're trying to grope a chicks boobs/ass/whatever then you aren't actually gay, just bi sexual.

Robtard
Feel better after getting that off your chest, Surt?

Flyattractor
I bet Robbie would feel better if he got to put something on Surts chest.

heartfire
Originally posted by Surtur
I guess all I would say is..if you're claiming you are gay but then you're trying to grope a chicks boobs/ass/whatever then you aren't actually gay, just bi sexual.

Any man who is obnoxious enough to grope a woman like that would also lie about his sexuality. That's what would have happened in the scenario Shannon related, but she seems to prefer to think he was gay.

dadudemon
From what I know from my gay male friends, the opposite is true an extreme majority of the time: the gay men are the ones getting groped by the straight women.

It is so bad that some gay clubs are trying to ban women and pretend it is due to being busy: https://www.queerty.com/chicago-gay-bar-bans-women-at-busiest-times-illegal-maybe-but-is-it-just-practical-20120309

But the problem with women sexually assaulting gay men is not an unknown problem. It is just one of those things gay men have to deal with and shouldn't.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/08/13/ should_straight_women_go_to_gay_bars_a_drag_queen_
reports_on_the_lady_invasion.html

It is super shitty to be sexually assaulted. But don't pretend that all gays grope straight women. https://www.queerty.com/chicago-gay-bar-bans-women-at-busiest-times-illegal-maybe-but-is-it-just-practical-20120309 All sexual assault is shitty.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Feel better after getting that off your chest, Surt?

I made a true statement, there was nothing to actually get off my chest.

Originally posted by heartfire
Any man who is obnoxious enough to grope a woman like that would also lie about his sexuality. That's what would have happened in the scenario Shannon related, but she seems to prefer to think he was gay.

Lol, that sounds like something a dumb frat boy would try. But yeah, I'm sure some of those are people who are just using that as an excuse for horrible behavior.

heartfire
@dadudemon - Well that is what I had guessed for myself. Read my entire posts, sir.

@Surtur, well lots of people are dumb enough.

Surtur
Anyways, I think she is showing a certain bias against gays. Especially since these men aren't truly gay if they are feeling some chick up. Unless she looks super manly.

So she paints this picture of out of control gay men..when it's either straight men lying about being gay in order to get away with groping, or it is bi sexual men who are confused.

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.starobserver.com.au/opinion/gay-men-need-stop-sexually-assaulting-women-shannon-power/152159

Okay I couldn't help but laugh at how dramatic this chick is.

"You read right, a guy who I did not know, to whom I did not give consent, reached down to my nether regions and GRABBED MY VAGINA.

I told him to not do that, but what would a woman’s word be worth, because he touched me down there a second time."

"What would a woman's word be worth" ? Is this person serious?

heartfire
Yes, some sort of sentiment against gay men must have been ingrained in her (this is common even in the developed world).

If no one read to the end of my original post, then there is also the issue of straight women who treat gay men as accessories - like they are eunuchs. I notice she did not condemn that either.

Surtur
Yes, some sort of sentiment against gay men must have been ingrained in her (this is common even in the developed world).

If no one read to the end of my original post, then there is also the issue of straight women who treat gay men as accessories - like they are eunuchs. I notice she did not condemn that either.

It's funny you say that because I was dating this one girl for nearly two years(about a decade ago) and she had a gay best friend. She not only treated him as an accessory, but I remember her female friends would often kind of talk about how they wanted to find themselves a "gay friend" as well.

dadudemon
@dadudemon - Well that is what I had guessed for myself. Read my entire posts, sir.

I did. My post agrees with your post and provides links that you couldn't provide. smile

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
From what I know from my gay male friends, the opposite is true an extreme majority of the time: the gay men are the ones getting groped by the straight women.

It is so bad that some gay clubs are trying to ban women and pretend it is due to being busy: https://www.queerty.com/chicago-gay-bar-bans-women-at-busiest-times-illegal-maybe-but-is-it-just-practical-20120309

Interesting, the few gays I have known have mostly said women always try to befriend them. Essentially they want boyfriends they don't bang.

I can't even see why females would want to go to a gay bar? Unless this is gay in the more general sense as opposed to specifically being for dudes? Because if it's a place for dudes then like I said, I don't get it.

It's disturbing, abuse against males from females in general just isn't talked about as much, despite having more or less similar numbers to males abusing females. Sort of like people talk about rape cultures in America, but never include the men raped in our prison system in that for some reason.

You would think that given the oppression women suffered in the past they would be more sympathetic to gay men.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.