Count Dooku Runs the multi team gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheNuisanceBird
Legends and Canon feats

Full days rest after each fight.

Warmup: Ezra Bridger while high.

No particular order:

1. Qui-Gon And Kenobi (TPM)

2. Galen Marek and Kota

3. AOTC Anakin and AOTC Kenobi (This time they're fighting together)

4. Luminara and Barris

5. Fisto and Vebb

6. Plo Koon and Shaak Ti (No Maul needed)

7. Dark Disciple Vos and Canon Aayla

UCanShootMyNova

Emperordmb
I'd say he could honestly probably clear.

|King Joker|

Kurk
Clears with EU feats

Rockydonovang
haven't you watched evannova? gets stomped at 6
and yes, bultar swan would give dooku a run for his money

darthbane77
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
haven't you watched evannova? gets stomped at 6
and yes, bultar swan would give dooku a run for his money Please tell me you're ****ing be sarcastic...

Evan and the rest of the Council Forcecast are ****ing retards.

UCanShootMyNova
Wait... Did I miss number 2 or was that edited in?

Stops at Galen.

SunRazer
Clears.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Wait... Did I miss number 2 or was that edited in?

Stops at Galen.

Lmao, I was wondering.

Emperordmb
Wait shit lol wtf is up with that ordering. Yeah Galen solos at 2.

NewGuy01
Maybe it's Galen from when he fights Kota?

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah that would make more sense.

Emperordmb
Honestly even if that were the case I'd still say this gauntlet is misordered.

But if that is the case then Dooku clears. Pre-prime Galen and Kota aren't stopping him and he trashes the master apprentice duos.

I'll take a brief pause to acknowledge Reti's tears as Dooku butchers Shaak and Plo Koon while making a troll face.

Then as for Vos and Aayla, I hold the position that Vos's victory was based on the fluke of Dooku overextending, and in most cases Dooku's superior Force power would earn him the win, so I have Dooku>Vos, and Aayla... adds absolutely nothing to this fight.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'll take a brief pause to acknowledge Reti's tears as Dooku butchers Shaak and Plo Koon while making a troll face.

smile

Deronn_solo
Galen eats Dooku alive @ 2.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

SunRazer
How big is the gap between Dooku and Galen in Force, do you guys reckon?

Deronn_solo
Dooku is a tier, or two below Marek.

Not weak enough to get ragdolled, but not strong enough to prevent a Force wreckage if Galen cut loose.

Ursumeles
Did you miss the "no particular Order?"
Also,Originally posted by SunRazer
Clears.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by SunRazer
How big is the gap between Dooku and Galen in Force, do you guys reckon?

A solid tier below. He would get knocked around but not ragdolled in a contest of the Force.

SunRazer
Based on what, if I may ask?

And that's enough to circumvent Dooku's edge over him as a swordsman?

Azronger
Clears.

Deronn_solo

Based on superior showing and accolades across the board, I'd say. Altering the fall of an ISD, creating virtual telekinetic hurricanes, casually doing away with AT-ST's, crushing flying TIE fighters, and virtually atomizing armored beings, among a massive list of others things.

As for th dueling edge, it isn't a big one from the get-go. We know Galen virtually "perfected" lightsaber combat, and he is a "near" unstoppable combatant. We also know he is a high level master of several forms of lightsaber combat do to his mastery of Juyo, and as far as feats go, he has fought through virtual armies of high level combatants, and bested the likes of Darth Vader in singles competition.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
bested the likes of Darth Vader in singles competition.

Galen wasn't really single tbh, he just kissed Juno.

MythLord
We know Galen virtually "perfected" lightsaber combat, and he is a "near" unstoppable combatant. We also know he is a high level master of several forms of lightsaber combat do to his mastery of Juyo,

Not getting into your little debate with Razer, just pointing out that using accolades that Rey and Sirak have isn't exactly the way to go if you wanna argue Galen is a good enough duelist to contend with Dooku.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Galen wasn't really single tbh, he just kissed Juno.

Wat? xD

Originally posted by MythLord
Not getting into your little debate with Razer, just pointing out that using accolades that Rey and Sirak have isn't exactly the way to go if you wanna argue Galen is a good enough duelist to contend with Dooku.
The foundation of a house, isn't the reason one wants to make it their home. Translation: that little tidbit of information, was meant to just set the tone for the discussion, and prove where Galen is meant to be on a holistic level, not the actual crux of the argument. Let down your Dooku boner for a second, sweetheart.

Also, Rey being great with a staff, is hardly comparable to mastering a lightsaber anyhow.

MythLord
The foundation of a house, isn't the reason one wants to make it there home. Translation: that little tidbit of information, was meant to just set the tone for the discussion, and prove where Galen is meant to be on a holistic level, not the actual crux of the argument. Let down your Dooku boner for a second, sweetheart.

Yeah, that's fair, but not something I'd against someone like Dooku. You should just get to the good stuff that actually puts him on Tyranus' tier.

Also, Rey being great with a staff, is hardly comparable to mastering a lightsaber anyhow.

The TFA visual guide says her skills with the staff(described as "perfected"wink transfer directly into her adapting to any other melee weapon(lightsaber included). I doubt she perfected any technique, but holistically it means she's a force to be reckoned with 'cause innate talent and sh!t...

Also, I give you constructive criticism, you insult me and then wonder why "debating is dead". Having "discussions" with you people in this manner eventually gets dull.

cs_zoltan
Wat? xD

"Singles competition."

Zenwolf
Originally posted by MythLord

They should have just wrote innate skill/talent and leave the staff completely out of it tbh.

Petrus
Clears gauntlet.

UCanShootMyNova

Far superior feats and his telekinetic domination over Vader.

TheNuisanceBird
Far superior feats and his telekinetic domination over Vader.

To be fair Galen fought a Vader out of his prime.

UCanShootMyNova
Before Vader's prime, yeah. Doesn't change the fact that a Vader was still superior to Dooku even by that point.

SunRazer
Based on superior showing and accolades across the board, I'd say. Altering the fall of an ISD, creating virtual telekinetic hurricanes, casually doing away with AT-ST's, crushing flying TIE fighters, and virtually atomizing armored beings, among a massive list of others things.

Not sure if the last few feats are beyond Dooku's caliber. The first two are maximum effort showings, as I recall, whereas Dooku's showings are usually done with little effort. And if we take the cruisers on Korriban to be 215m in length (which is the maximum possible length for those ships), then I'd argue that Dooku's feat on Korriban rivals any of those.

Also, which superior Force accolades are we talking about for Galen?

Galen got his "perfected" accolade as of the time he fought Rahm Kota, which makes me inclined to believe that it's being used very loosely. Mastery of multiple forms is all well and good but we know Dooku is better than duelists who boast the same thing. I believe Grievous has the "unstoppable" accolade and Dooku beats him routinely - often with ease as well.

Vader in two years' time was still only a match for Ben Kenobi, who's a pale shadow of RotS Obi-Wan (somebody noticeably inferior to Dooku). So actually, the gap between Vader and Dooku at this point as far as swordsmanship goes is quite considerable. To my understanding, Galen beat Vader with the assistance of Dun Moch and Vader's recklessness as well, which casts more doubt over the showing, not to mention that Vader could've improved - even if only slightly - in the two years between then and ANH.

UCanShootMyNova
Nah. The ISD feat left him exhausted but causing a ground-quake and an artificial hurricane was simply him employing a continuous force blast that he wasn't even winded from after.

And this was prior to his fight with Shaak Ti btw.

I'm sure you would agree he grew substantially in between that period and his fight with Vader. Especially given the fact that Kota was matching him in the Force just weeks before.

Honestly there's no contest. His casual feats are blasting back possibly thousands of droids pre prime, buckling docks with casual force pushes, knocking aside Imperial armies with gestures and blasting back hundreds of droids with an intake of power AFTER guiding down an ISD.

Even taking those ships Dooku manipulated at 215 meters doesn't compare when we consider that was on a Darkside nexus and Galen's already pulling off comparable feats before his prime and superior feats when focused.

And? The depiction of their fight makes it clear that they're around par as Force users. How well Rahm did against Galen is a testament to his skill and not something that can be used to delegitimize the quotes regarding Galen's skill.

Vader was far superior to Ben. It's noted that he fought cautiously because of what happened on Mustafar but that's it. And Ben had grown more powerful so a degradation in skill wouldn't nessecarily lower his standing as a ligtsaber combatant. It certainly didn't for Vader who was confirmed numerous times to have surpassed Anakin in power and logically in technical skill confirming his superiority over Dooku by a solid margin.

Your understanding is flawed. The only Dun Moch in the fight favored Vader as Galen's failed attempt only empowered and enraged Vader allowing him to land his first blow on Galen in the entire fight. Galen begins to gain the advantage over Vader because he realizes emotions like hate and bitterness are meaningless and would only make him like Vader. There was no mention of Vader being reckless or taking reckless actions that left him exposed.

Anything else or have things been cleared up sufficiently for you? smile

Deronn_solo
Get 'em, Nova. thumb up

cs_zoltan
Get 'em, Nova. thumb up

But...but you were arguing for Galen...or are you talking to Syn? So confusing.

SunRazer
Nah. The ISD feat left him exhausted but causing a ground-quake and an artificial hurricane was simply him employing a continuous force blast that he wasn't even winded from after.

Fair enough. Ground quakes are pretty insubstantial, btw. How big was the hurricane?

Where does he knock aside armies with gestures?

The amp wasn't very considerable. That aside, Dooku was throwing the ships hard enough to reduce them to fragments on impact, and he was doing so very easily. Most of Galen's feats that you mentioned before aren't better.

What's this in response to? The fact that Galen got his accolade as of the Kota fight? It's proof that "perfect" is being used very loosely, since Kota is nowhere near perfect as a swordsman. Not even Dooku, Yoda or Sidious are.

lol Ben's flat-out stated to have been slowed, been out of practice, and a mere shadow of what he was before. Yes, his standing was lowered - considerably. There's no way around it.

His power growth was never suggested to be anything substantial - it wasn't even noticeable to Vader, whereas Vader immediately sensed Ben's deteriorating in dueling. Your case has absolutely no basis.

He's confirmed all of one time (the rest were his opinion, and he naturally views Anakin with disdain) to be more powerful than Anakin, and that's in a mastered sense, not a raw sense (which is what factors into dueling). Secondly, Vader's also confirmed to be lesser than Anakin in dueling, but I'm not interested in discussing Anakin with you again, lol.

The novelization directly confirms that he managed to strike a nerve in Vader, with his intent being to undermine Vader's concentration. The actual dueling was repeatedly interrupted by Force attacks as well. It wasn't a genuine showing of skill advantage.

But I've also learned not to debate you on TFU. smile

This was all in response to Deronn, anyway. I'm waiting for his response.

SunRazer

He's talking to Syn. And he's saying it because he can't even make a response to my post, lmfao.

Deronn_solo

Obviously Syndicate, babe. smile

Deronn_solo
He's talking to Syn. And he's saying it because he can't even make a response to my post, lmfao.

Your post was subpar with Reed Richards like reaching, don't get arrogant shit head. The only reason I didn't reply is because I'm doing a high-tier tourney on Comicvine, and I don't have time to fact check.

SunRazer
I'm not getting arrogant. I'm getting tired of your shitty jabs.

Show me where the reaching was. Otherwise, we can all throw insults and accusations at each other without meaning.

cs_zoltan
Damn, that time of the month?

Deronn_solo
I wasn't taking a jab at you? erm

All of that Angel Dust must be making you increasingly paranoid.

SunRazer
Most of your responses to me in these past few months have been jabs, lol. You also talk about repairing KMC's debating standards and what not, and you even accused me of not trying hard enough to change KMC's debating standards. Clearly, you're not trying hard enough either. smile

Deronn_solo
So you are giving into paranoia? smile Well, I'm sorry if my constant jabs has left you that way. xD

And I'll try to actually debate more when I get the time to do so. Shedding light on the problem was just the first step at making KMC great again.

SunRazer
Just be happy that I'm not giving into violent urges right now smile

I assume that means you'll reply - so I'll wait. I don't have anymore time to spend on here for the rest of the day anyway. Good day to you, sir. And work on those jabs smile

EDIT: Also, you really trying to make KMC great again? You need some electroconvulsive therapy.

UCanShootMyNova
Fair enough. Ground quakes are pretty insubstantial, btw. How big was the hurricane?

"He kept pushing until a dark cloud toured out over Raxus Prime's hideous landscape, an artificial hurricane full of droid golems." - The Force Unleashed.

Substantial.

Where does he knock aside armies with gestures?

Here.

"Stepping out into the open air, he found himself facing another squad of troopers, two more of the Emperor's assassins, and no less than six Uggernaughts. Two transport balloons heavily weighted with supplies hung overhead, motors whirring to keep them on station, presumably waiting to land. Kota was nowhere in he seen. The apprentice bent his knees and adopted a fighting stance.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked his gathered foes.

The answer came in the form of blasterfire from the troopers, a barrage from the Uggernaughts, and a combined charge from the two assassins. He whirled and leapt, filling the air with reflected energy. All thought ceased; his connection to the Force became deeper than it ever had been before. He moved with grace and pure reflex, ducking under saber-staff blows, hurling troopers bodily at their Ugnaught allies, tossing walkers off the dock, and even raining supplies from one of the balloons above.

The crew of the balloon bailed out in a small speeder. Seeing it abandoned gave him an idea. When his enemies regrouped for a second combined charge, he wrenched the balloon physically downward from the sky, crashing its entire weight down on them all-and then, when the petals of the explosion were at their peak, sweeping the entire mess off the dock with one cathartic flexure of telekinesis.

He stood in a tiny dome of clear space, exhaling pure energy, as the circle of burning debris rained down through Bespin's thin, cold air below. Triumph and satisfaction filled him like pure helium, buoying him upward." - The Force Unleashed.

The amp wasn't very considerable. That aside, Dooku was throwing the ships hard enough to reduce them to fragments on impact, and he was doing so very easily. Most of Galen's feats that you mentioned before aren't better.

And why do you not believe the amp to have been considerable?

As I said when taking into account that he was pre prime for most of them and Dooku was amped for his they are. And that's me allowing for your 215 meter ship speculation.

What's this in response to? The fact that Galen got his accolade as of the Kota fight? It's proof that "perfect" is being used very loosely, since Kota is nowhere near perfect as a swordsman. Not even Dooku, Yoda or Sidious are.

I think you're misunderstanding. I'm not claiming the quote is saying Galen can't make a mistake or that Kota in turn is around the level of somebody who can't make mistakes in combat but that they have nearly completely mastered the forms of lightsaber combat. What differentiates someone with that type of mastery and someone like Yoda or Dooku is how they employ this knowledge in combat. For that we look to the descriptions of their fights with other lightsaber combatants.

lol Ben's flat-out stated to have been slowed, been out of practice, and a mere shadow of what he was before. Yes, his standing was lowered - considerably. There's no way around it.

His power growth was never suggested to be anything substantial - it wasn't even noticeable to Vader, whereas Vader immediately sensed Ben's deteriorating in dueling. Your case has absolutely no basis.

Ben depreciated in skill sure and his aged body would slow him but his increased power makes for greater augmentation which, depending on the extent of his growth, would make up for those flaws. The quote noting that both Ben and Vader are mere shadows clearly references their physical forms given Vader was confirmed to have grown in power from when he was Anakin. It might refer to skill but I find that doubtful given there are multiple quotes talking about Vader's growth as a lightsaber combatant and his blending of multiple forms to overcome the weaknesses of the suit.

Why wasn't it noticeable to Vader? Because he didn't say anything about it? I find that to be a pretty lacking foundation for such an assumption tbh.

He's confirmed all of one time (the rest were his opinion, and he naturally views Anakin with disdain) to be more powerful than Anakin, and that's in a mastered sense, not a raw sense (which is what factors into dueling). Secondly, Vader's also confirmed to be lesser than Anakin in dueling, but I'm not interested in discussing Anakin with you again, lol.

Lmao. First off you dismissing Vader's opinion on his power level now and in the past is absolutely hilarious. Please don't tell me you've subscribed to the notion that Vader actually views himself as a separate being from his past self like Ant's been trying to tout. I honestly wouldn't be able to take you seriously if that's the case. The quote states that he's grown more experienced AND more powerful so while your opinion that it references mastery rather then power has been noted I fail to see why such an opinion constitutes evidence.

The novelization directly confirms that he managed to strike a nerve in Vader, with his intent being to undermine Vader's concentration. The actual dueling was repeatedly interrupted by Force attacks as well. It wasn't a genuine showing of skill advantage.

And there's nothing indicating that Vader's concentration has been undermined. The only outcome that's shown is negative for Galen. The shift occurs after Galen lets go of his hatred.

The section where Vader's guard was pierced by Galen and driven back didn't have any Force attacks.

But I've also learned not to debate you on TFU. smile

A wise decision.

This was all in response to Deronn, anyway. I'm waiting for his response.

Would you like me to acquiesce and allow this to be between you two?

UCanShootMyNova
If you want I can step to the side here and let you and DC duke it out.

Deronn_solo
Bump.

Mainly so I can demolish Nova in the morning.

Ursumeles
Clears.

Deronn_solo
What's your argument for Dooku > Galen? laughing out loud

Ursumeles
Superior skill, comparable Force Power.
Also, didn't saw 2 kek.
2 could stop him, yeah.

Deronn_solo
Alright. I should have been sleep hours ago - it's 4:00 AM and I'm off to bed.

I'll respond to you and Sun then.

Ursumeles
Good night smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.