McCain passes dossier alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts to FBI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putrumpin
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts

jaden101
I read about half the 'dossier' last night. It reads like it was written by a high school student who watches too many spy movies.

I think it'll be very quickly debunked even by media outlets not favourable to Trump

Surtur
Lmao! Did some imbecile just post something originating from buzzfeed? That can't truly be confirmed? With a report that also contained numerous errors?

Even better, this person registered no doubt just to post this story.

Originally posted by jaden101
I read about half the 'dossier' last night. It reads like it was written by a high school student who watches too many spy movies.

I think it'll be very quickly debunked even by media outlets not favourable to Trump

Even the NY Times didn't wanna publish it. Consider that for a second: the trash that is NY Times even thought it was above them.

Surtur
Let me correct what I mean: the NY Times wouldn't substantiate these rumors, wouldn't call them anything but unsubstantiated.

Though I do love how when stuff leaks about Hilary, it's the worst thing in the world. Stuff leaks about Trump? Meh.

jaden101
Originally posted by Surtur
Let me correct what I mean: the NY Times wouldn't substantiate these rumors, wouldn't call them anything but unsubstantiated.

Though I do love how when stuff leaks about Hilary, it's the worst thing in the world. Stuff leaks about Trump? Meh.

Even buzzfeed who initially published it said it was unverified and potentially unverifiable as 'source E' had been 'silenced'.

Have you read the actual 35 page document?

Even I, as a 'liberal' and not a Trump supporter thought it was embarrassing.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden101
Even buzzfeed who initially published it said it was unverified and potentially unverifiable as 'source E' had been 'silenced'.

Have you read the actual 35 page document?

Even I, as a 'liberal' and not a Trump supporter thought it was embarrassing.

I didn't read the entire thing, but yeah this entire ordeal is embarrassing in general. So Trump questioning our intelligence agencies is bad, but blindly believing everything an intelligence agency or politician tells us is..okay?

Will dems be calling for an investigation into how this stuff was leaked? Ha, of course not. The excuse will be they don't care because it wasn't a foreign country, but the truth is they just plain don't care.

quanchi112
I didn't read the entire thing, but yeah this entire ordeal is embarrassing in general. So Trump questioning our intelligence agencies is bad, but blindly believing everything an intelligence agency or politician tells us is..okay?

Will dems be calling for an investigation into how this stuff was leaked? Ha, of course not. The excuse will be they don't care because it wasn't a foreign country, but the truth is they just plain don't care. It isn't s good look when the president elect is undermining the intelligence agencies publically. It undermines the trust and weakens the country you stupid baboon.

Flyattractor
To be fair Trump is just undermining all the Corrupt Incompetents that King Obama and the Hilldawg infected those offices with.

Surtur
Originally posted by quanchi112
It isn't s good look when the president elect is undermining the intelligence agencies publically. It undermines the trust and weakens the country you stupid baboon.

*yawn* Same tired old argument. Tell me: does it undermine trust when our intelligence agencies are found to be spying on us without our permission? Oh whoops, and other countries as well.

Or when we're massively wrong about WMD's in other countries? Does that ever undermine anything? Or is it just restricted to questioning the intelligence agencies in public prior to them providing any actual evidence?

The same intelligence agencies that have apparently had numerous leaks as of late, given all the supposed top secret reports about Trump that find their way into the hands of the media. Nope, none of that undermines these agencies. It's just someone daring to question them in public. Okie dokie.

I'm glad we cleared all of that up.

Flyattractor
I would think the real question should be ..."Which of McCains grandkids helped Grandpa figure out how to print stuff out."

dadudemon
4Chan peeps are claiming at least partial responsibility for starting this mess. They claim that they started the rumor to make the libtarded media look like fools.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
4Chan peeps are claiming at least partial responsibility for starting this mess. They claim that they started the rumor to make the libtarded media look like fools.

Lol damn, hilarious if true. The speed at which people ran with this story would probably make Wally West be like "that shit was quick".

In some ways I get it, the clock is ticking. Obama is on his way out, Trump is on his way in. In their minds they'd probably justify it as too important not to report on..on the off chance it's true.

The MSM better hope 4Chan is bullshitting people(which is possible). Since if they are not, then this pretty much kills any credibility anyone had left.

dadudemon
Lol damn, hilarious if true. The speed at which people ran with this story would probably make Wally West be like "that shit was quick".

In some ways I get it, the clock is ticking. Obama is on his way out, Trump is on his way in. In their minds they'd probably justify it as too important not to report on..on the off chance it's true.

The MSM better hope 4Chan is bullshitting people(which is possible). Since if they are not, then this pretty much kills any credibility anyone had left.

The story is rather ridiculous and reads just like a 4channer would write it...doesn't seem far fetched. I'd more likely believe that they started it rather than it actually being true.

But I still wouldn't be shocked if Trump did this crap: he's that type of person.

Surtur
The story is rather ridiculous and reads just like a 4channer would write it...doesn't seem far fetched. I'd more likely believe that they started it rather than it actually being true.

But I still wouldn't be shocked if Trump did this crap: he's that type of person.

That is the thing, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that this is true. This is why I feel that in the end it was stupid for people to report this at this point.

Because so many people either would have no trouble believing this or are just looking for any reason to bash Trump..a decent number of people are going to eat this up. So if it turns out to not be true it still does damage.

In the end though it just bums me out. Just feels like as a country we have lost, no matter if this isn't true. We've lost because we've learned nothing, for all the outrage over the effect fake news had on this country, what has been learned? Has the MSM shown any willingness to change its ways? It doesn't seem like it IMO. What it seems like is they have merely decided that if they must report fake news, it should only be the stuff about Trump and the Republicans.

Then I see things like how some people want Hilary to run for mayor of NYC and I just say again: have we not learned? At some point someone has to draw a line in the friggin sand.

Monumental changes are needed in this country. My question is for those against Trump who feel he won't make those changes( I can't blame them) then who would? Who, as of right now, will change this country for the better? I am not asking for who will make it worse or who will maintain the status quo, but who will make it better? It can be a republican, democrat, hell it can be an alien from mars posing as a human being. They say Trump can't fix this country, I want to know who can.

jaden101

Makes sense given it reads like someone on 4chan wrote it.

Robtard
Heard this today:

What's the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean?

Trump's never had a garbanzo on his face.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Heard this today:

What's the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean?

Trump's never had a garbanzo on his face.

Read that same thing on Facebook. Excellent recycling of an old joke. big grin

Firefly218
"Fake news is disgraceful!" yells the pumpkin-faced man who spent years pushing the lie our first black president is a Kenyan-born Muslim with a faked birth certificate...

jaden101
Originally posted by Firefly218
"Fake news is disgraceful!" yells the pumpkin-faced man who spent years pushing the lie our first black president is a Kenyan-born Muslim with a faked birth certificate...

Then there's him appointing someone to his cabinet who makes their fortune publishing fake news.

Lucius
Huh, looks like a bunch of standard internet nonsense, but Trump is such a degenerate that it's just plausible enough to make people wonder.

I suspect this kind of pseudo-scandal is going to be pretty common over the next four years. If we're very lucky, this will result in major riots/blood in the streets. News has gotten too boring lately.

Surtur

Lol.

Originally posted by Firefly218

I understand your frustration. I felt the same way whenever the democrats were crying about fake news as well.

We need to find someone who has never tried to push fake news to come denounce it. Who would you suggest?

Robtard
Which pissface was the joke originally on?

Surtur
It's too bad Dave Chappelle no longer has a show. Now that man knows how to do a proper piss joke.

BackFire
Chappelle has some netflix specials in the pipeline.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
Chappelle has some netflix specials in the pipeline.

Stand up comedy or skits?

BackFire
Stund up probably. Who knows though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.