Strongest person Pre-Vizsla could defeat and analyzing his Maul fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Who's the strongest person Vizsla could defeat:

A. with full gear

B. Sabers only

Was Maul holding back in their fight significantly or had Vizsla improved since his last showing against Tano; or did he experience a last-stand amp?

Please cite a source for Filoni's words since I know you will mention it.

Zenwolf
I'm pretty sure it was noted that Maul did hold back and he seems to imply with his dialogue when he challenged him to single combat. So as far as sabers go, I think Tano might be the limit there. With Maul holding back, there's no real way to say if he could go higher....at least as far as sabers go.

To be frank I'm not really impressed with his gear too much, his greatest weapons are the grenades, the rest of the gear I find kinda....unimpressive. Those razor blades I don't see much a threat to anyone worth their salt. His whipcord and flamethrower....eh. The jetpack missile is pretty much a non-factor as that takes time to even launch and if someone can't see that, then they don't have a brain. That is more for an anti-vehicle purpose than single combat really.

So with all his gear?....Really don't know tbh, but I can't see it being much higher.

Kurk
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I'm pretty sure it was noted that Maul did hold back and he seems to imply with his dialogue when he challenged him to single combat. So as far as sabers go, I think Tano might be the limit there. With Maul holding back, there's no real way to say if he could go higher....at least as far as sabers go.

To be frank I'm not really impressed with his gear too much, his greatest weapons are the grenades, the rest of the gear I find kinda....unimpressive. Those razor blades I don't see much a threat to anyone worth their salt. His whipcord and flamethrower....eh. The jetpack missile is pretty much a non-factor as that takes time to even launch and if someone can't see that, then they don't have a brain. That is more for an anti-vehicle purpose than single combat really.

So with all his gear?....Really don't know tbh, but I can't see it being much higher. pistol integration in combat? His gear is different than say, Jango Fett's in what way?

Kurk
and remember, this is canon, everything is nerfed smile Boba Fett's arsenal in EU looks great and all but remember

Rockydonovang
visla kicked kenobi, dooku kicked kenobi, visla=dooku

Zenwolf
Oh I know Canon, but I mean I just didn't really find much of anything interesting with Vizsla's gear aside from the Darksaber. Only difference I see aside from that and Jango's gear are the grenades and razor things.

Kurk
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Oh I know Canon, but I mean I just didn't really find much of anything interesting with Vizsla's gear aside from the Darksaber. Only difference I see aside from that and Jango's gear are the grenades and razor things.
Bounty-Hunter vs Mandalorian warrior; not too much room for trinkets I guess... erm

Darth Thor
I dunno if he improved, but he certainly went all out in a way he never did against Kenobi or Tano.

Filoni suggests Maul wasn't holding back, and that it was a legitimate fight. But then Maul never once used TK against Vizsla, so I suspect some level of holding back. But it's not stated anywhere.

Perhaps it wouldn't have seemed like a legitimate fight if there was no fight and Maul just choked Vizsla instead. Remember in the same episode Opress was easily choking/TKing other Death Watch warriors.

DarthDuelist9
Perhaps it wouldn't have seemed like a legitimate fight if there was no fight and Maul just choked Vizsla instead. Remember in the same episode Opress was easily choking/TKing other Death Watch warriors.

Fact File also claims that Maul killed Vizla easily.

cs_zoltan
I thought you're dead.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
I thought you're dead.

I only commented because I saw this Fact File quote when I was deleting them on my pc.

cs_zoltan
Can I get your stuff?

relentless1
its quite clear that Maul was toying with Vizla, he didn't even use the Force on him so that the fight could be more "honourable" i suppose but the fact remains that Maul was using the weaker of his two main weapons and he had little difficulty in doing so.

DarthDuelist9
Can I get your stuff?

It's mainly Maul stuff, doubt you would want it.

cs_zoltan
Didn't mean debating stuff, I already haz those. I meant your house and kidney. Stuff like that.

DarthDuelist9
Didn't mean debating stuff, I already haz those. I meant your house and kidney. Stuff like that.

Oh yeah sure.

ILS
Instead of deleting everything you should leave a link to it in a google drive or something.

Knowledge... is power

cs_zoltan
Unless you are Maul. Then no ledge is power.

Petrus
I don't think it can actually be called 'toying'. Maul challenged him to a duel, and duels are supposed to be honorable for Mandalorians. Maul most likely knew the use of the Force would render the duel dishonorable or worthless in the eyes of the Mandalorians, so he had no choice but to hold back to acquire Mandalore and a shitload of strong followers.

I'd say Pre can give a lot of Jedi a run for their money in hand-to-hand combat if the Jedi isn't going on the offensive and limits his use of offensive Force powers.

Darth Thor
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.