Ex-MI6 officer named as author of Trump dossier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/12/christopher-steele-ex-mi6-officer-named-as-author-of-trump-dossier
Former colleagues from MI6 have vouched for him as a "highly regarded professional".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/12/intelligence-sources-vouch-credibility-donald-trump-russia-dossier-authorApparently he is now in hiding.

Does this change your opinion of the contents? Vote in the poll. smile

Robtard
You mean 4Chan lied about being responsible and the Trumpers believed it? No way.

Guess it doesn't help that the paper was written rather poorly, but then not everyone is a gifted writer. Still, this guy's background does lead credence that there's possibly some kind of dirt on Trump.

Beniboybling
Well the Guardian seems to think it was written by intermediaries in Russia, I.e. not native English speakers.

jaden101
The irony being he got most of his info after being hired by the republicans.

Robtard
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well the Guardian seems to think it was written by intermediaries in Russia, I.e. not native English speakers. That explains a lot.

Surtur
It changes nothing for me, when the reports are verified we can talk.

Was reading an article where an intelligence agent(or former) said he read it and found blatantly true tidbits, blatantly false tidbits, and contradictory information.

To be fair, article was posted on CNN, so who knows?

Robtard
Yet you didn't demand Wikileaks be verified before accepting them as truths. Rather odd, no?

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Yet you didn't demand Wikileaks be verified before accepting them as truths. Rather odd, no?

Why did you just deflect to wikileaks?

But it's okay. Surely since this man is apparently so credible the reports will surely be verified, probably within 24-72 hours.

Robtard
Deflection implies that I would be trying to not discuss Trump's alleged dossier and all the dirty secrets it may contain. Do you really think I'm a Trumper now? LoLz, didn't think that one out, did ya, sport.

Like it matters to you, proof could slap you in the face and you'd cry about needing more.

Surtur
Deflection implies that I would be trying to not discuss Trump's alleged dossier and all the dirty secrets it may contain. Do you really think I'm a Trumper now? LoLz, didn't think that one out, did ya, sport.

Like it matters to you, proof could slap you in the face and you'd cry about needing more.

You tried to stir the discussion away from the topic by questioning why I did or did not behave a certain way towards wikileaks. Nobody thinks you are a Trumper, you're just too stupid to cover your hypocrisy anymore. You do it instinctively. I don't think you can help it because that would mean you thought things out before you posted them.

Like I said, if the guy is so credible surely the reports will be verified shortly. Who cares if you feel I'd believe it? Would the country as a whole not believe it because Surtur didn't?

Robtard
#triggeredbythetruth

Surtur
#triggeredbythetruth

Is this really how you intend to carry yourself from now on? You just shout about deflections or triggers?

Surtur
Okay look we'll ignore Rob's whole thing with triggers and I will attempt to steer this back to the topic.

So, okay, I guess not fully on topic, since it's not about this guy, but about the dossier. I have heard reports that many major MSM sources had copies of these reports for some time now, but nobody had said anything about it because it couldn't be verified..until Buzzfeed just went and said "f*ck it" and posted them without caring.

Does anyone know if there is truth to this? I find it highly suspicious if the MSM had access to this stuff and didn't do anything because they found it to be hogwash.

Surtur
Lol, even more hilarity ensues. BBC tries to claim there is more than one source for this. Offers up zero evidence.

Good lord..prove the claims lol. Show us the videos.

Robtard
Point of the dossier:

Beniboybling
Only a matter of time before the recordings surface. smile

Adam_PoE
Point of the dossier:

That Trump made a point to mention video recordings in his press conference leads me to believe they probably do exist.

Robtard
Going to be hilarious and embarrassing if Pissgate actually becomes a legitimate thing

Adam_PoE
The real question is, if videos are released, will he resign?

Robtard
IMO, he would not. He'd likely try and shift the focus to the videos/material being released means Russia/Putin can no longer blackmail him and he's now a better president because of it. The question then being, how many Trumpers would still be behind him.

But it would heavily rely on what the alleged material(s) contain.

Surtur
Only a matter of time before the recordings surface. smile

No doubt about it. Either that or it's only a matter time before the reports are verified, since the source is apparently so credible.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The real question is, if videos are released, will he resign?

If there is a video of him having some hookers piss on a bed because of Obama or whatever bullshit the report claims, he should indeed resign. Will he? I don't know. It's hard to see how even Trump could spin "I had a hooker piss on a bed because Obama used it".

To which meh? I wouldn't mind if Trump resigned lol. Hilary Clinton won't be in office, so at this point I can't complain.

Robtard
Surtur, you're likely praying that #pissgate is fake or those alleged vids never surface if its true, cos you know people are going to rub your nose in it (ha, piss puns!) while saying "that's a bad boy! A Bad Boy!"

Surtur
Surtur, you're likely praying that #pissgate is fake or those alleged vids never surface if its true, cos you know people are going to rub your nose in it (ha, piss puns!) while saying "that's a bad boy! A Bad Boy!"

But who cares? I find some of the jokes about pissgate funny myself. Likewise, I will find it hilarious if true. I'll be making piss jokes myself.

BackFire
Why wait until it's confirmed? Get on the piss wagon while the getting is good.

Surtur
I did sort of, not in this topic though.

Just waiting for some lovely "Piss in Boots" joke/art.

Surtur
Anyways, I don't necessarily take this as any kind of proof 4chan had anything to do with it. But it is interesting:

tmj5z7MRZGU

Since of course that is no more verified than the dossier itself.

Beniboybling
That your conservative chums take 4chan seriously is the only interesting part of that video lmao.

Meanwhile, it begins:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/13/senate-intelligence-committee-trump-aides-russia-links

smile

Surtur
That your conservative chums take 4chan seriously is the only interesting part of that video lmao.

People took a report on buzzfeed seriously even before they had any idea who had supposedly leaked it and how supposedly credible he was.

Though I do agree, I said I didn't take it as any kind of proof. Similar to how I don't take unverified documents by Buzzfeed as proof.

But of course they can't not do anything about it now that it has come out into the open.

There should indeed be an investigation into the hacking, etc.

Surtur
Anyways, I am in a lot of pain so I am going to try to get some sleep, but before I do I want you to try to remember a lot of media outlets had this information for a long time and never ran with it.

They had this when they had the "grab 'em by the pussy" audio. Yet sat on it. Something to think about.

Robtard

Meanwhile, it begins:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/13/senate-intelligence-committee-trump-aides-russia-links

smile

Good lord we're in trouble as a country. The tangerine nightmare hasn't been sworn in and he's already steeped in scandals. He's also apparently taking office with about a 40% approval rating. One of the lowest.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/201977/trump-pre-inauguration-favorables-remain-historically-low.aspx

Bashar Teg
that of course means that gallup is "fake news" in the safe-space trump-bubble.
http://in5d.com/images/5d-tinfoil-hat-.jpg

Surtur
It's not fake news exactly, but why aren't people learning when it comes to putting too much stock in polls?

Putrumpin
Originally posted by Surtur
It's not fake news exactly, but why aren't people learning when it comes to putting too much stock in polls? roll eyes (sarcastic) confused eek! silly sausage

Surtur
So no, not gonna learn? Okie dokie.

BackFire
Trump's insanely high unfavorable ratings could actually end up helping him, if he doesn't implode immediately upon taking office. It means expectations are extremely low for him, which means he could have an easier time exceeding those expectations. If 60% of America is expecting him to be a total disaster, and then he ends up just being kinda bad or mediocre, that might cause his ratings to go up, where as with Obama or any other president with higher expectations, the same quality of leadership would cause their numbers to go down.

Of course, the opposite might be true, this could end up being the honeymoon period, which would be pretty unprecedented. We could end up seeing Bush 2008 level approval ratings for Trump in a year or so.

Surtur
Yeah, but is 60% of America actually expecting him to be a disaster?

Do you answer polls in your sleep? I know I must do that, because I don't recall even participating in this poll that shows what all of America thinks. Just trying to reach out to fellow sleep pollers.

BackFire
Ok well even if the number is lower than that the point still stands, low expectations could end up helping him.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
Ok well even if the number is lower than that the point still stands, low expectations could end up helping him.

I agree though. People think a civil war will happen or a bunch of nukes will be dropped. So technically he is defying expectations by NOT causing the extinction of the human race.

If he runs for re-election the slogan can be "You're still alive, Vote Trump".

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Trump's insanely high unfavorable ratings could actually end up helping him, if he doesn't implode immediately upon taking office. It means expectations are extremely low for him, which means he could have an easier time exceeding those expectations. If 60% of America is expecting him to be a total disaster, and then he ends up just being kinda bad or mediocre, that might cause his ratings to go up, where as with Obama or any other president with higher expectations, the same quality of leadership would cause their numbers to go down.

Of course, the opposite might be true, this could end up being the honeymoon period, which would be pretty unprecedented. We could end up seeing Bush 2008 level approval ratings for Trump in a year or so.

It took Bush four+ years and a disastrous war to dip below 40%, you think Trump can do that in a year or so. Look at how great Trump is.

BackFire
Originally posted by Surtur
I agree though. People think a civil war will happen or a bunch of nukes will be dropped. So technically he is defying expectations by NOT causing the extinction of the human race.

Yes exactly. If he ends up simply not being a total disaster that might be all it takes for many to consider him a "success".

It'll be interesting to see where these numbers go from here. I think historically the numbers usually drop pretty quickly upon the person entering office. But historically the numbers have never been this low to begin with. So we'll see what happens here.

It took Bush four+ years and a disastrous war to dip below 40%, you think Trump can do that in a year or so. Look at how great Trump is.

You're right, he's got my vote in 2020.

Henry_Pym
Wow, no wonder this site is dying... Fake news and belief in the same pollsters who said Hillary would win in a landslide... This is like a Tumblr thread.

Robtard
Alt-right-boy said 'Fake news!", that disproves everything, he's doing what he's told like a good lad.

Surtur
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Wow, no wonder this site is dying... Fake news and belief in the same pollsters who said Hillary would win in a landslide... This is like a Tumblr thread.

But muh polls!

Henry_Pym
Alt-right-boy said 'Fake news!", that disproves everything, he's doing what he's told like a good lad. The left started the fake news narrative, but they are such corrupt failures they lost at their own game... But, please parrot talking points while complaining about parroting...

Surtur
Did you guys hear that this super credible source was verified yesterday?

If you didn't that is because it didn't happen.

shiv
(i)

2nd half of first word in thread title

named as author

which is accountable to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Secretary_of_State_for_Foreign_and_Commonwealth_Af
fairs

who is appointed by

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_the_United_Kingdom

(ii)

Old con new crowd

A new twist to an old trick
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3466005.stm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.