Arcann vs Darth Cognus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nfactor1995
All-out fight, to the death. Battle takes place on Odessen.

Who wins and why?

cs_zoltan
Cognus > Zannah > Bane > Valkorion > Arcann uhuh

Azronger
Prime Cognus wins. DoE Cognus loses.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Azronger

MythLord

Geistalt
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Cognus > Zannah > Bane > Valkorion > Arcann uhuh Don't we all wish?

hutchy1345
Have we seen a prime cognus out of interest?

NewGuy01
No.

darthbane77
Arcann

Deronn_solo
Arcann, obviously.

UCanShootMyNova
Cognus should be around Arcann level in her prime.

Deronn_solo
Too bad she has zero showings to suggest so.

Being better than Bane isn't enough, btw. Valkorion's lightning was downing logically shielded ships with just the residual bit of the blast, yet Arcann created a barrier on the fly to repel it. That Force feat alone supersedes anything Dessel has done by quite a bit. Collapsing a ravaged temple while on a nexus, doesn't cut it.

SunRazer
You'd assume that Cognus surpasses Bane by quite a bit as well, but there's nothing concrete to support that. So it's pretty much up to the imagination.

Deronn_solo
Which makes me wonder Nova, you go all Sasha Grey on Tenebrous' shaft when he suffers the same problem as Cognus? mmm

SunRazer
We do see him in his prime (he has actual showings, plus scaling from Venamis) and he's much further down the line. They're not the same at all.

Deronn_solo
With rather mediocre feats for his vaunted status, yeah.

Still, with a rather unknown power level that's based purely on speculation and not much else. It's basically the same thing Cognus suffers from.

Petrus
Seems kind of unfair that people give Cognus the win only due to his RoT standing.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Petrus
Seems kind of unfair that people give Cognus the win only due to his RoT standing. *her

Petrus
Originally posted by |King Joker|
*her

Right, her.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
With rather mediocre feats for his vaunted status, yeah.

Still, with a rather unknown power level that's based purely on speculation and not much else. It's basically the same thing Cognus suffers from.

For the lowballers, sure.

Not really. Tenebrous immediately precedes Plagueis; Cognus directly succeeds Zannah, who's right after Bane. There's about thirty Sith Lords between them. We know Tenebrous' lifespan eclipsed that of most Banite Sith Lords by a very considerable margin, so it also makes sense that he surpassed his Master by a greater amount than his predecessors did theirs (which is logical anyway).

Deronn_solo
Absolutely not. Nothing Tenebrous has done supersedes the likes of Dooku, honestly. Let alone putting him above the likes of Revan and Vitiate.

Nova, sweetie, you miss my point; both Cognus and Tenebrous suffer from lack of showings and depend solely on power scaling, and power scaling alone in battles threads to determine whether of they beat "X" character.

While their situation obviously isn't perfectly identical since Tenebrous is solidly above Bane, while Cognus doesn't really have to be by much, they still suffer from the same problem when you strip that from the equation: showings mean shit for them, while scaling is the only thing.

SunRazer
1. I don't rank him above Vitiate, lol.

Anyways, how is running so fast that Plagueis struggled to keep up, fighting armies alongside Plagueis without being hit, erecting Barriers that repel explosions powerful enough to destroy cathedral-sized tunnels, having Senses so refined that he can sense each of his midi-chlorians die out, etc. not above Dooku?

2. Except he doesn't rely solely on powerscaling, since he also has feats.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by SunRazer to destroy cathedral-sized tunnels

Destroy? Don't you mean fill it in seconds?

If you meant the former can you provide the quote?

Azronger
What's wrong with powerscaling, Deronn?

Deronn_solo
I don't have a problem with powerscaling, as I use it too. What I do have a problem with however is when powerscaling becomes the sole argument for a character, because he/she/it lacks any worthwhile feats his his/she/it position.

It creates rifts in beliefs, and opposing parties with rarely shift their opinions on the matter since is speculation at best.

Azronger
Okay, I can see where you're coming from.

Beniboybling
Tenebrous' status isn't just based on Banite scaling. But his sheer proximity to Plagueis, in which respect he's at least above novel Vitiate.

Deronn_solo
It sure as hell isn't based on feats/showings. Dude isn't even above Dooku in that regard .

Tenebrous' feats are impressive for a Darth Maul, but for someone that is supposed to be in the top 5 most powerful Sith? I mean, c'mon now.

Yeah, not really seeing it.

Beniboybling
Sure he isn't lmfao. And I look forward to that, see you in 2018. smile

hutchy1345
It sure as hell isn't based on feats/showings. Dude isn't even above Dooku in that regard .

Tenebrous' feats are impressive for a Darth Maul, but for someone that is supposed to be in the top 5 most powerful Sith? I mean, c'mon now.

Yeah, not really seeing it.

Don't think many are claiming him to be top 5 sith

Sidious
Valk
Plagueis/Caedus/Krayt all joint

Beniboybling
Sidious, Plagueis, Valkorion, Tenebrous, Nihilus - yeah.

Petrus
I don't have a problem with powerscaling, as I use it too. What I do have a problem with however is when powerscaling becomes the sole argument for a character, because he/she/it lacks any worthwhile feats his his/she/it position.

It creates rifts in beliefs, and opposing parties with rarely shift their opinions on the matter since is speculation at best.

thumb up

Deronn_solo
See Hutchy?

People like Beni's retardation knows no bounds. laughing out loud

Petrus
That's one of the main problems I have with the RoT Sith. Although I know it's not a popular opinion around here.

Deronn_solo
Same, but yeah, we're pretty much in the small​ minority in this regard.

cs_zoltan
Using small before minority is redundant af. Kys.

Deronn_solo
Naaaaah.

6 for and 4 against ratio, but it isn't too big a difference, a tiny shift, and we're at 50/50. 8 to 2 minority opinion, however, is pretty vast though.

So I think I'll keep living, thank you very much. smile

Beniboybling
Same, but yeah, we're pretty much in the small​ minority in this regard. For a reason yeah, time to get smart. smile

See Hutchy?

People like Beni's retardation knows no bounds. laughing out loud You conceded all rights to such an accusation when you equated Tenebrous with Maul lmfao.

hutchy1345
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Sidious, Plagueis, Valkorion, Tenebrous, Nihilus - yeah.

You see caedus has the hype/powerscaling that tenebrous has ALONG with actual top tier feats to prove he's above tenebrous

Petrus
Originally posted by Beniboybling
For a reason yeah, time to get smart. smile

mad

Deronn_solo
Yep.

The same way the vast majority of Europeans thought not bathing was a good way to stop the spread of the Plague, and the Earth was flat. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Damn, you should stick to rimming Ahsoka, as it seems to be the only thing you're passable at these days. Of course Tenebrous is above Maul do to scaling, but his feats hardly blow him out of the water.

Sending galaxy wide tremors through the Force, potentially collapsing entire barracks before gaining a substantial amount of power, and doing something Sidious didn't think possible via sheer will and power in the Force isn't far off from what Tenebrous has shown. Sorry if I'm not overly impressed with holding up rocks, or fighting an army of primitive mooks that uses spears and arrows, while another powerful Sith Lord is by your side. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
sick

I thought there might be hope. sad

Deronn_solo
I think I'd rather keep my degree of common sense, thank you very much. smile

hutchy1345
When did all those maul feats happen?

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by hutchy1345
When did all those maul feats happen?

The Clone Wars and Wrath of Darth Maul (novel)

hutchy1345
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
The Clone Wars and Wrath of Darth Maul (novel)

Thanks

SunRazer
Just how far is the gap between Tenebrous and Plagueis for you guys? I mean, it's pretty obvious that Sidious outstrips Plagueis by more than Plagueis outstrips Tenebrous (Sidious had more innate potential, more time to grow, studied from a vastly greater range of sources, and siphoned the life forces of billions). So use that as an estimation, maybe?

hutchy1345
Tenebrous is top 10 most powerful sith of all time imo (near bottom of the ten tho probably)
Plagueis is defo top 5 and argument is possible for him being third but not going to go there
Sidious is obviously 1st

hutchy1345
Wish Plagueis could've applied midichlorian manipulation to combat
That would be an incredible power

Deronn_solo
Tenebrous is top 10 most powerful sith of all time imo

Hehehehe.

hutchy1345
Hehehehe.

What?

Deronn_solo
I'm messing with you. I obviously don't think Tenebrous is top 10 worthy, but I realize it's rather pointless to really discuss it ever again, because of reasons stated earlier in this thread.

No one is ever gonna budge, so why even bother?

NewGuy01

This forum in a nutshell.

cs_zoltan

Describes SW debating in general.

cs_zoltan
F-uck you Newguy, you ninja c-unt.

NewGuy01
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2193636915.gif

Deronn_solo
Well, yeah. I can't really argue with this being a redundant hobby, but we change each other minds at least sometimes right?

cs_zoltan
You changed my mind about whether you are sane or not when you started wanking TOR smile

Deronn_solo
I don't think you would like me if I was sane though. smile

cs_zoltan
Got me there.

Deronn_solo
<3

hutchy1345
Would be interested to hear your top 10 sith
Not gonna argue with it tho

As for this thread yeah it's extremely powerscaled lol
Does Cognus even have feats?

Trocity

Plagueis is defo top 5 and argument is possible for him being third but not going to go there

?

hutchy1345
Originally posted by Trocity
?

What?

Sids
Valk
Plagueis/Caedus/Krayt

carthage
Arcann stomps

red8
Darth Cognus is completely an unknown.
We can predict that she will excel in saber combat, but we don't know anything else really.

Freedon Nadd
Arcane wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.