X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
screenrant.com/x-men-supernova-dark-phoenix-cosmic/

Singer gets to direct the film set in space and likely to tackle the Dark Phoenix arc, also rumors suggest that FOX could reach a similar deal that Sony with Marvel. Could we see Logan return to the MCU or possibly see some MCU characters cross into FOX?

Ridley_Prime
Singer? Noooooooooooooooooo...!

Can hope that rumor is true at least.

carthage
It'll probably be his last film for the forseeble future, the newer releases are going to be more focused on Deadpool replacing Wolverine as the franchise's breadwinner and The New mutants trilogy. On top of Xforce and Gambit all coming down the pipeline as well

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage
screenrant.com/x-men-supernova-dark-phoenix-cosmic/

Singer gets to direct the film set in space and likely to tackle the Dark Phoenix arc, also rumors suggest that FOX could reach a similar deal that Sony with Marvel. Could we see Logan return to the MCU or possibly see some MCU characters cross into FOX?

Bit early for April fools isn't it?

BruceSkywalker
not a surprise Singer is returning...

Kazenji
I found the link

http://screenrant.com/x-men-supernova-is-reportedly-the-next-main-x-men-movie-title/

nothings been officially confirmed, So people can chill.

Flyattractor
So the Mutant Franchise has reached the "IN SPACE!!" level already?

Kazenji
At least with this franchise, It at least makes sense with the story that they're using if and when it happens.

TheVaultDweller
... Singer gets to direct the film...

Oh, FFS.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Kazenji
I found the link

http://screenrant.com/x-men-supernova-is-reportedly-the-next-main-x-men-movie-title/

nothings been officially confirmed, So people can chill.

Well, as long as they kick the Singer idea.

Ridley_Prime
Not sure I really want to see a cosmic Sophie Turner after the last film, assuming it does go the Phoenix in space route.

rox

carthage
New plot synopsis

http://www.cbr.com/report-x-men-supernova-synopsis-confirms-dark-phoenixs-return/

Production/filming slated for June/May

Ridley_Prime
After Apocalypse which was barely passable, still not looking forward to this. They should just let the FoX-Menverse die or reboot. Well, Singer being gone would be a step up, but won't believe till I see it. I know this has all been said a lot, but my God does it need to happen.

BruceSkywalker
interesting

Arachnid1
Singer needs to step it up. How does someone direct the best Xmen movie to date (X2) but put out nothing but subpar attempts otherwise?

Flyattractor
I still don't see why people think X2 was all that "great'".

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I still don't see why people think X2 was all that "great'". Great plot, great villains (Magneto, Stryker, and Lady Deathstrike all in one film), gave all the xmen time to shine instead of just Wolverine, that amazing Nightcrawler intro, the Xavier mansion attack scene,(etc...). There were a bunch of things that made X2 amazing

Kazenji
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Singer needs to step it up. How does someone direct the best Xmen movie to date (X2) but put out nothing but subpar attempts otherwise?

Days of Future Past wasn't subpar.

Arachnid1
Days of Future Past wasn't subpar. Your right. I actually like that one. I just have Apocalypse fresh in my mind. He's directed 2 Xmen movies that were great (X2, DoFP), one that was good (X1), and one that was flat out bad (Apoc). Not a terrible battling record despite his most recent attempt.

Kazenji
Its time for him to let someone else takeover, But he's like Bay with the Transformers movies at the moment.

Ridley_Prime
Great plot, great villains (Magneto, Stryker, and Lady Deathstrike all in one film), gave all the xmen time to shine instead of just Wolverine, that amazing Nightcrawler intro, the Xavier mansion attack scene,(etc...). There were a bunch of things that made X2 amazing
Lady Deathstrike was lackluster... X2 was another Wolverine wankfest for the most part IMO, and the start of when others like Cyclops started getting the shaft. Decent film otherwise, and yeah, Nightcrawler and some things was cool, but disagree on it being the best of the series.

Its time for him to let someone else takeover, But he's like Bay with the Transformers movies at the moment.
Yeah... I may have been too forgiving with Apocalypse to a point with how much I love the villain and was happy to see even a loose adaptation of Apoc after 10+ years... But Singer really needs to go.

rox
one thing you have to admit is that apocalypse is better than x3 and x-orgins.

Ridley_Prime
That's not saying much though sadly. It's either subpar or barely passable depending on how much or how little one liked it. Still, even with the 3rd movie curse, the 2nd X-Men trilogy's a lot better than the first as a whole (outside of maybe some casting choices), imo.

tkitna
Great plot, great villains (Magneto, Stryker, and Lady Deathstrike all in one film), gave all the xmen time to shine instead of just Wolverine, that amazing Nightcrawler intro, the Xavier mansion attack scene,(etc...). There were a bunch of things that made X2 amazing

I agree. Its one of my top 5 comic movies ever. Then again, I liked AoA better than DOFP. I thought the first half of DOFP was amazing then it just kept going down hill.

roughrider
I don't get the Bryan Singer hate. There's a successful franchise because of him and the greater realism he brought to the genre - taking the basic comic subject and playing it out in a realistic everyday world. The Dark Knight Trilogy wouldn't have gone the direction it did if Singer hadn't pioneered this kind of superhero movie first. Things only started to go wrong once he left the franchise; it got better as soon as he came back on.

And I enjoyed Apocalypse.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Lady Deathstrike was lackluster... X2 was another Wolverine wankfest for the most part IMO, and the start of when others like Cyclops started getting the shaft. Decent film otherwise, and yeah, Nightcrawler and some things was cool, but disagree on it being the best of the series.

Yeah... I may have been too forgiving with Apocalypse to a point with how much I love the villain and was happy to see even a loose adaptation of Apoc after 10+ years... But Singer really needs to go.

thumb up

Originally posted by roughrider
I don't get the Bryan Singer hate. There's a successful franchise because of him and the greater realism he brought to the genre - taking the basic comic subject and playing it out in a realistic everyday world. The Dark Knight Trilogy wouldn't have gone the direction it did if Singer hadn't pioneered this kind of superhero movie first. Things only started to go wrong once he left the franchise; it got better as soon as he came back on.

And I enjoyed Apocalypse.

Well you must at least understand X-Men fans not liking how X1-X3 focused way too much on Wolverine and proper shafted Cyclops...

Aside from that he's made his contribution, but shouldn't just cling to the franchise the way Bay does Transformers.

Vaughn made an excellent contribution/reboot/refresh to the franchise with First Class (one of my all time favourite superhero movies), but then it all just returned to Singer??

Great directors who made great contributions to comic book movies like Favreau, Whedon and Nolan, made their contributions but also left when they could feel they were running out of creative juice for those properties.

Singer should take note Imo.

roughrider
There seems to be confusion on whether Singer is in or out on this movie. Last summer he said he was out of the series.

-Pr-
Hopefully he stays away.

steverules_2
Originally posted by rox
one thing you have to admit is that apocalypse is better than x3 and x-orgins.

But those movies are instant classics

Kazenji
There seems to be confusion on whether Singer is in or out on this movie. Last summer he said he was out of the series.

Just like how Bay says the next Transformer's movie he's currently doing is his last.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Flyattractor
Originally posted by steverules_2
But those movies are instant classics

Sure they are Stevie....SURE THEY ARE!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/a5/0e/fb/a50efb21be71b5e7af55ffc0360926cf.jpg

jinXed by JaNx
Singer made 3 out 4 really good X-men movies but this franchise needs a reboot more than anything. It feels like, Singer has lost his vision and ambition when it comes to the Xmen. Apocalypse was nearly as bad as X3.

Ridley_Prime
Eh, I'd go as far as to say he lost it after the first or second film; much of DoFP was Vaughn's work. Despite the disappointment of the last film though (how bad Apoc is is debatable, tho disagree on it being close to X3's level), I still get the feeling there'll be enough yes-yes people for Singer to come back again, unfortunately. Just a matter of when.

Shame, I remember how excited most of us were when DoFP did sort of a reset button (the closest we'll probably get to a reboot sadly), but look where we are now... The universe Singer started helped fill a certain gap for superhero flicks during the early 2000's, but don't think it really holds up now. I'd say let it die in peace after the Logan film, but you know they'll probably press on... It's gone on this long.

steverules_2
Move the x-men to the MCU

Darth Thor
much of DoFP was Vaughn's work.

Yeah.

Originally posted by steverules_2
Move the x-men to the MCU

We wish. Unfortunately there's way too much money in it for Fox, so they'll never completely let it go.. I guess they could have shared it the way Sony has shared Spider-Man, but that would require a complete reboot, which it doesn't look like Fox is ready for anytime soon.

steverules_2
They aren't ready but the fans are

Kazenji
Looks like Simon Kinberg could write & also direct the movie

http://www.superherohype.com/news/391253-next-x-men-movie#/slide/1

quanchi112
Patrick Stewart recently stated he believed the xmen could take the avengers. He's out of his mind. The avengers would kick the shit out of these pansies.

playa1258
Xavier would mindrape them. Look what SW was able to do.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Xavier would mindrape them. Look what SW was able to do. She had help with Ultron and QS. She's also an avenger as is Vision. They would stomp the shit out of the xmen. Bunch of pansies.

Disney marvel universe would wipe both the DC and the xmen universes off the map.

playa1258
Fox has their version of QS is massively faster than the MCU version.

quanchi112
Fox has their version of QS is massively faster than the MCU version. Oh I know but that still doesn't save the xmen. Avengers are just too damn good.

playa1258
Concession Accepted.

quanchi112
Concession Accepted. That wasn't a point I ever raised. You seem to be very retarded these days. avengers win over the xmen. Cry more about Disney marvels superiority.

Ridley_Prime
Dark Phoenix already? This really will be another Last Stand.

Kazenji
Dark Phoenix already? This really will be another Last Stand.

I doubt it'll be that bad.

Ridley_Prime
Maybe, maybe not, but was never really sold on Sophie Turner as Jean Grey.

-Pr-
Yeah. I like her just fine as an actress, but I didn't buy her as Jean. Might have been the script though. Same with a few of the others too.

carthage
Movie officially titled Dark Phoenix

Release date is expected for November of 2018

http://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-title/

Ridley_Prime
no expression

It just occurred to me earlier, but what the hell ever happened to Gambit? The dude that played him in Wolverine Origins (forgot his name at the moment) was signed up to reprise him as part of the X-Men in future films, and before Apocalypse came out I remember seeing links/news that Gambit would be in it but it never happened. Even for Fox that's rather frustrating, as he's always been one of my favorite X-Men members in general.

BruceSkywalker
no expression

It just occurred to me earlier, but what the hell ever happened to Gambit? The dude that played him in Wolverine Origins (forgot his name at the moment) was signed up to reprise him as part of the X-Men in future films, and before Apocalypse came out I remember seeing links/news that Gambit would be in it but it never happened. Even for Fox that's rather frustrating, as he's always been one of my favorite X-Men members in general.

Still in developmental hell.. as far as i know channing tatum is still attached

John Murdoch
no expression

Ya Taylor Kitsch was replaced by Tatum, who was also producer, correct? Supposed to have been in Fox's Fall/Holiday 2016 release slate, which would have given the X-Men-verse Winter (Deadpool), Summer (X-Men: Apoc) and Fall/Holiday (if Gambit would've come through) movie releases in 2016

Darth Thor
Movie officially titled Dark Phoenix

Release date is expected for November of 2018

http://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-title/

They're rushing it again. That didn't work out so well for them last time.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Darth Thor
They're rushing it again. That didn't work out so well for them last time.

Yep really have no idea why Fox is going straight to Phoenix...again:

- We have a clear template on how to make cinematic universes work in Marvel. Even Fox released perhaps the best example of long-game movie universe movie with Days of Future Past.
- We have a clear template on how NOT to make cinematic universes work in DC and Sony's failed attempt at a Spider-Man cinematic universe.

Take the time, adapt at least one or two more good X-Men team comic arcs, then you'll have 2-4 'X-Men: Apocalypse' era X-Men movies, at least one New Mutants movie, and at least 2 Deadpool movies under Fox's newer X-Men-verse's proverbial belt.

Ridley_Prime
thumb up
Since it's Fox though, they'll probably take another step or two back before they manage to take another step forward...

John Murdoch
thumb up
Since it's Fox though, they'll probably take another step or two back before they manage to take another step forward...

True dat.

Firefly218
This would be a perfect time for Fox to let Marvel borrow Hugh Jackman's Wolverine though. Now that Logan has effectively ended that iteration of the character in the Foxverse they don't need to worry about losing profits to a rival studio. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain, because I'm sure Jackman would come back to play a quick role in the MCU.

Just imagine Iron MAn, Spidey, Capt America and Wolverine chewing in a scene together. The interplay would be amazing imo

Darth Thor
^ Even if Fox allowed Marvel to use Wolverine, chances are Marvel would want to use their own version, and not Fox's version.

Remember when Sony let Marvel use Spidey, Andrew Garfield got the sack.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Firefly218
This would be a perfect time for Fox to let Marvel borrow Hugh Jackman's Wolverine though. Now that Logan has effectively ended that iteration of the character in the Foxverse they don't need to worry about losing profits to a rival studio. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain, because I'm sure Jackman would come back to play a quick role in the MCU.

Just imagine Iron MAn, Spidey, Capt America and Wolverine chewing in a scene together. The interplay would be amazing imo

That would be fantastic. Just bring back Jackman to fight Thanos and explain it via "Reality Stone or whatever shenanigans caused Wolverine to show up here".

^ Even if Fox allowed Marvel to use Wolverine, chances are Marvel would want to use their own version, and not Fox's version.

Remember when Sony let Marvel use Spidey, Andrew Garfield got the sack.

If Wolverine were to be rebooted ala Spider-Man, yes most likely. But man, it'd be great if they just did a one-shot movie appearance in something like Infinity War with Jackman smile

Firefly218

Remember when Sony let Marvel use Spidey, Andrew Garfield got the sack. First of all very few people care about Garfield's version of spidey as compared to the millions of people who grew up with Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine. Secondly, Garfield's spidey was in a very established universe that's not totally compatible with MCU so marvel HAD to reboot the character whereas Jackman's Wolverine is in a Foxverse where continuity doesn't really matter so no need to reboot. Thirdly, Marvel rebooted spidey because they have a different vision (younger kid) and want to use him long term and properly incorporate him into the MCU, which is why they rebooted. Jackmans's wolverine, on the other hand, doesn't need to be properly incorporated into the MCU it can be just a one-shot or a small role.

Also Fox would never give Marvel wholesale permission to use the Wolverine character so they can reboot him, never. What Fox might be willing to do is give Marvel Hugh Jackman's iteration of Wolverine, because Fox is done with the actor.

So Marvel gets Hugh Jackman and Fox gets to reboot Wolverine with a new actor in their own time. Sounds like a smooth transition to me.

Darth Thor
^ Dude I was just giving an example with Garfield. I wasn't saying it's exactly the same.

Still I just don't see Marvel wanting to use Fox's version of Wolverine. For all the people who grew up with him, none of the Wolverine films (save perhaps his send off film) were as popular as the Marvel proper films.

As for continuity, no matter how much Fox doesn't care about that, there's just no way audiences won't disassociate a Jackman Wolverine from the Fox X-Men movies.

Also if Marvel are going to go for any character Fox has, it's Galactus and Silver Surfer.

Khazra Reborn
Jackman has gone on the record saying that only thing that would really interest him in taking on the Wolverine role again would be an MCU film. Would be awesome, but I can't really see it happening. None the less, if you told me 3 years ago that Sony and Marvel would work out a deal for Spidey I would have never believed it.

Zack M
I'm down with more Singer. Loved Apocalypse.

Darth Thor
^ God no.

Ridley_Prime
Liked it but didn't love it, but meh. Even The Gifted show Singer's involved in doesn't look that impressive to me from the trailers, and after how Legion didn't really do it for me despite watching the whole season...

To top that off, still think they're going back to Phoenix too fast, as friends of mine felt when I shared that info.

carthage
Fassbender set to return as Magneto in Dark Phoenix

http://www.cbr.com/fassbender-xmen-dark-phoenix-new-mutants/i

Ridley_Prime
Magneto can do little or nothing to the likes of Phoenix, but besides that, still need more to be convinced we'll have a better adaptation again.

Darth Thor
Fassbender set to return as Magneto in Dark Phoenix

http://www.cbr.com/fassbender-xmen-dark-phoenix-new-mutants/i

Link "Not Found"

carthage
http://screenrant.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-michael-fassbender-magneto/

Kazenji
No surprise there from CBR, That bullshit happens alot from them.

carthage
http://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-shiar-empire/

Shiar empire rumored to have a role in the film

Can a mod also retitle the thread to Xmen-Dark Phoenix??

Ridley_Prime
The Shiar? Now I'm somewhat more interested since they helped make the Phoenix story good. Still of the belief too that movie Apocalypse had used Shiar technology since Fox doesn't have rights to the Celestials; they're in the MCU.

carthage
http://screenrant.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-villain-jessica-chastain/

Kazenji
And they're making Lilandra the villain for the movie's story when she wasn't.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, wtf. Further proof they don't understand or are blatantly ignoring the source material... Dammit.

carthage
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1673760/x-men-dark-phoenix-has-added-its-first-new-mutant

carthage
Magneto rumored to form the cult of Acolytes/his space sanctuary Avalon

Genosha also rumored to be in the film

http://screenrant.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-magneto-story/

rox
Xavier would mindrape them. Look what SW was able to do.

especially the logan version. just have one of his seizure and there all dead unles wolvie or laura is around.

Darth Thor
No hopes for this:

http://screenrant.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-intergalactic/

-Pr-
Every time I hear more about Kinberg, I become more and more convinced that he doesn't know what he's doing.

BruceSkywalker
can't wait for this

nfactor1995
This is a confirmed movie? If so, I hope they do it right this time. Apocalypse was disappointing.

TheLordofMurder

Days of Future Past (which was also directed by Singer) was brilliant and is easily one of the greatest comicbook movies to date...

There is nothing subpar about that movie...

TheLordofMurder
Days of Future Past wasn't subpar.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Patrick Stewart recently stated he believed the xmen could take the avengers. He's out of his mind. The avengers would kick the shit out of these pansies.

The Xmen unleashed would annihilate the Avengers unleashed...

Xavier and Phoenix alone would crush them...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Xavier and Phoenix alone would crush them... False, Vision would break them both. Xavier was just some poor old man in Logan. It doesn't end well for the loser.

playa1258
The Avengers were ****ed up by SW.

Xavier assrapes them without lube.

TheLordofMurder

Xavier assrapes them without lube.

thumb up

Add in an unleashed Phoenix and the Avengers have no chance whatsoever...

quanchi112

Xavier assrapes them without lube. Not directly. The avengers triumphed. Vision solos the guy killed by a weak wolverine clone.

laughing out loud

roughrider

Xavier and Phoenix alone would crush them...

We'll see what happens after Wanda says the words "No More Mutants"... wink

Then a true slaughter begins.

Ridley_Prime
Ew, that would be gross.

Just like this film will probably be.

Surtur
Rewatched the Apocalypse movie again, it's growing on me. So I'm excited for this movie.

Though I am also amazed how as of the 3rd film none of the mutants have aged in the past 20 years.

Kazenji
Well its going to be done with a different director this movie it won't have Singer's style

Simon Kinberg is having a go this time around.

StiltmanFTW
I still can't believe they're making this movie.

Stop dividing Marvel, give them back the rights before Disney gets angry and consumes FOX whole.

Darth Thor

roughrider
Well its going to be done with a different director this movie it won't have Singer's style

Simon Kinberg is having a go this time around.

So one of the most expensive directorial debuts is about to happen. Most of the time, a screenwriter with no directing experience steps behind the camera, it backfires.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
Though I am also amazed how as of the 3rd film none of the mutants have aged in the past 20 years.

Yeah, this is one thing they screwed up badly with the reboot films, and it gets worse with each new one. For example, Havok should be in his late thirties/early forties by the time Apocalypse rolls around (they get him out of jail in First Class, which means he was likely already legally an adult then, and that was 21 years before Apocalypse), but he still looks like a college kid.

Kazenji
So one of the most expensive directorial debuts is about to happen. Most of the time, a screenwriter with no directing experience steps behind the camera, it backfires.

Yeah....it worked out great for David S Goyer.

carthage
First images of the film

http://ew.com/movies/xmen-dark-phoenix-first-look-photos/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Ridley_Prime

CPT Space Bomb
I don't really trust Fox with this. Apocalypse wasn't good and I'd MUCH rather see the Phoenix mixed in with the MCU cosmic stuff anyway....

Also, having the Shi'ar mixed in with the MCU cosmic stuff would be incredible...yah, let's hope that when Disney buys Fox movie assets they put the kabosh on this for now...

Zack M
Originally posted by Surtur
Rewatched the Apocalypse movie again, it's growing on me. So I'm excited for this movie.

I liked Apocalypse too. Underrated movie, imo.

Darth Thor

Kazenji
There's a very slim chance he could surprise us.

Darth Thor
If they got Mathew Vaughn back, then I would have been super hyped.

Ridley_Prime
Apocalypse was about half-and-half between underrated and overrated. Ergo, its approximate 50% rating on RT was fairly accurate.

In any case, the lack of proper buildup to big things like Apocalypse and now Phoenix again is part of what really hurts this.

ares834
Apocalypse was about half-and-half between underrated and overrated.

https://media.giphy.com/media/10dVnDzdGp6uje/giphy.gif

Ridley_Prime
Nothing wrong with what I said. There were a fair amount of people that liked it and a fair amount that didn't.

Darth Thor

Slowpoke
I really hope Mr. Sinister could finally show up.

Why did they kill Emma?

quanchi112
Apocalypse was about half-and-half between underrated and overrated. Ergo, its approximate 50% rating on RT was fairly accurate.

In any case, the lack of proper buildup to big things like Apocalypse and now Phoenix again is part of what really hurts this. I do agree the lack of a buildup really hurts these films. I also don't care for the Dark Phoenix at all but no one said LOM had any taste in characters.

Slowpoke
Apocalypse obviously requires more than 1 post credit scene to build up. The movie tried hard enough but still suffered from it.

And to be fair, his characterization isn't very awesome even in the comics, Mr. Sinister is a better villain.

quanchi112
I never cared much for the mutants so I have no horse in this race. The only character I somewhat enjoyed growing up from the x comics was Proteus.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
I do agree the lack of a buildup really hurts these films. I also don't care for the Dark Phoenix at all but no one said LOM had any taste in characters.

I got great taste in characters...

Especially those capable of the following!

smile

quanchi112
I got great taste in characters...

Especially those capable of the following!

smile Fanfic nonsense. Thanos just took out on the Phoenix force and it couldn't beat him. He's that powerful.

smile

Ridley_Prime
mOTKCfie38M

Pretty spot-on for the most part, imo...

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Slowpoke
Apocalypse obviously requires more than 1 post credit scene to build up. The movie tried hard enough but still suffered from it.

And to be fair, his characterization isn't very awesome even in the comics, Mr. Sinister is a better villain.
I like Sinister a lot too, but prefer Apocalypse due to his rich lore and backstory within the mutant mythos, along with his unique power-set. He was a big part of what led to Essex becoming Sinister too, not that it's something that would've been explored in the movies here...

Are we sure this Dark Phoenix film is still even happening after Disney buying off parts of Fox? If so, this'll be the FoX-Men universe's ending (although Logan was already an ending enough), before the house of mouse starts doing what it wants with the muties in the MCU...

Sinister on the big screen definitely still needs to happen at some point regardless.

Kazenji
I'd be even more surprised if Sinister even resembles what he does from the comics/Cartoons with the cape and whole deal, If he ever makes on screen for a film.

carthage
Hans Zimmer will be pretty creating the musical score

https://screenrant.com/hans-zimmer-x-men-dark-phoenix-score/

BruceSkywalker
Hans Zimmer will be pretty creating the musical score

https://screenrant.com/hans-zimmer-x-men-dark-phoenix-score/

that might be one of the best things about the film

Darth Thor
^ True

Ridley_Prime
Meh... This of all things brought Zimmer back? smh

Kazenji
The Srulls will make an appearance in this movie according to someone over at ManaByte.com

https://fandomwire.com/2018/02/23/x-men-dark-phoenix-introduce-spoiler/

carthage
https://screenrant.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-drama-superhero-film/

Josh_Alexander
I dont know..This movie gives me a bad feeling.

I don't think it will be a success..Specially considering that now the Whole X Men Fox franchise will be rebooted by Marvel...

carthage
Movie pushed back to February 2019

http://collider.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-release-date-delayed-new-mutants-2019/

Darth Thor
Lol this is flip flopping more than a DC movie. It gonna suck.

BackFire
New Mutants also got pushed back to next summer. That's too bad, I've been looking forward to that more than the new standard Xmen movie, thought the premise and inclusion of horror elements sounded really cool.

This may have more to do with the Disney buyout than the quality of the film(s). Maybe Disney is asking them to delay it until the buyout is over with so they can edit in some connection to the MCU or something. Or give them enough time to create that connection, if that's the route they end up going with.

Impediment

jaden101
Seems more likely they have no confidence it will be any good. February is dump month. They put films they expect to bomb there. Likely because Sophie Turner is absolutely terrible.

BruceSkywalker
Prolly so they can connect to MCU

juggernaut74
Originally posted by jaden101
Seems more likely they have no confidence it will be any good. February is dump month. They put films they expect to bomb there. Likely because Sophie Turner is absolutely terrible. February is not a dump month.

See Black Panther and Deadpool.

jaden101
Originally posted by juggernaut74
February is not a dump month.

See Black Panther and Deadpool.

juggernaut74
Times are changing sunshine.

jaden101
Not for this movie. Steamer written all over it. It'll knock Origins :Wolverine off the bottom spot.

Darth Thor
I dont think Marvel would have any interest at all in connecting these films to the MCU.

If Marvel gets these properties back they will reboot the X-Men from scratch.

juggernaut74
I heard the deal isn't done yet.

Darth Thor
Nope. Has to pass through the legal stuff.

BruceSkywalker
Nope. Has to pass through the legal stuff.

if it does indeed happen, i will sit back and laugh at all the crybabies lol

Darth Thor
Well Marvel are starting FF comics again. Im guessing because they know they have the movie rights back (speculating):

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a853463/marvel-teases-major-announcement-fallout-crossover/

TheVaultDweller
Nothing about this film has really caught my interest so far. Both this and New Mutants seem like they'll be forgettable. Now, I could obviously be completely off base, and they could both end up being great, but I somehow doubt that's going to be the case. But eh, at least I have Legion S2 and Deadpool 2 to look forward to.

Kazenji
New mutants was getting some reshoots too, My guess is to add in the character Warlock...he was originally going to be in the film anyway and the date for that movie has been pushed to 2019 now.

Kazenji
Movie figures reveals the costumes

https://screenrant.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-costumes-figures/

going for the similar as they had in the 'New X-men' comics series.

quanchi112

Impediment
Why would they axe an entire film when it's so close to completion?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
Why would they axe an entire film when it's so close to completion? Rumor is its bad. They do not want this devaluing their brand. X-men is their property now.

quanchi112
That is provided Disney passes all the regulatory tests and it becomes official.

tkitna
I liked AoA a lot actually, but agree about pulling the Dark Phoenix movie if it doesn't look good. Let MCU have a crack at it.

carthage

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>