Build a super team on a budget

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://i.imgur.com/1vzjGBL.jpg

DarkSaint85
What's the task at hand? Or a general protect the earth against aggressors both foreign and domestic?

Cogito
In what possible universe would I want Spiderman over Flash or GL?

DarkSaint85
My team.

Professor X
Black Panther
Superman
Cable
Flash.

The sheer amount of resources I can bring to bear. Wakandan and Kryptonian tech, TP to link my team in battle, future tech, the speed force....

AlmightyKfish
I like how other than Superman the most expensive in each category is nowhere near the most useful.

But yeah team would be exactly the same as what Saint said, maybe switch out Panther for Mr Fantastic but the only thing to balance that would be swapping Flash/GL which probably isn't worth it.

Also, Kryptonian tech and other stuff could conceivably cure Cable, pushing his powers back up to high herald levels and then you've got just got incredible psychic capability on that team.

Supermutant
Mr. Fantastic -3
Pro. X-3
Green Lantern -3
Thor -3
Cable -1
Shazam -1
Star Lord - 1

the market is way way off lol. some $1 are worth many times more than $5

DarkSaint85
With GL, you could potentially give Reed access to Oan tech as well, duplicating them all so you'd have a group of Lanterns.

Panther gives a Batman stealth/dirty fighter dimension, though. Plus, if Flash can lend speed to everyone....mindrapes at the speed of light, lol.

Cogito
Originally posted by Supermutant
Mr. Fantastic -3
Pro. X-3
Green Lantern -3
Thor -3
Cable -1
Shazam -1
Star Lord - 1

the market is way way off lol. some $1 are worth many times more than $5

Wait, are we allowed to take more than 1 from each category? Can I skip the "Enforcer" category altogether?

If I have to do one from each category:
Professor X - $3
Wonder Woman - $2
Cable - $1
Cyborg - $4
Green Lantern - $3
Total - $13

And I'd make WW stop being a pussy and actually wear all her gear. If I got to choose my Lantern, it would be Kyle, then Hal. Anyone else and I'd choose Flash instead (still within budget)

Silent Master
Professor X - $3
Shazam - $1
Cable - $1
Mr. Fantastic - $3
Green lantern - $3
Wonder Woman - $2
Black Panther - $2

$15 Dollars.

DarkSaint85
Why are people taking multiple people from each category? We can do that? Seems a bit less interesting.

Cogito
Definitely feels like cheating

Silent Master
The Op doesn't say anything about only picking 1 person per category.

ghostman
green lantern 3$

superman 5$

cable 1$

professor 3$

mr fantastic 3$

my team is literally un ****ing beatable LMAO

i can have mr fantastic cure cable like somebody above said. all while using kryptonian tech to give all the team kryptonian abilities PLUS i could have mr fantastic replicate gl rings for the whole team. plus i could have professor x/cable give everyone mental blocks to block out potential telepaths AND remove supermans so we have a legit trans tier member on the team. plus all the shit reed richards has in his closet?

DarkSaint85
Mine could lol.

Speed steal.

ghostman
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Mine could lol.

Speed steal.

true but professor x could take us to the astral plane easy. i dont think you could speed steal something astral. and considering the fact i could use tech to give us all speed force powers as well. i think it depends on who goes first. if we have prep this isnt a fight lmao, but in a random encounter your team would prob win.

golem370
Iron Man-5
Shazam-1
Green Lantern-3
Thor-3
WW-2
Cable-1

Flyattractor
Wonder Woman
Black Canary
Hawk Girl
Green Lantern aka Jade
Thor- aka the chick

And anything left over I spend on Beer and Sammiches...

Cause the girls got some BIG JOBS ahead of em...

Its good to be da boss..

riv6672
Good shit, bargain shoppers! thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Psi def, Magic powah, brains and tactic, a lot of muscle and too much speed.

Cable #1
Shazam #1
Wonder Woman #2
Black Panther #2
Deadpool #2
Flash #4
Thor #3

riv6672
I went with numbers, and tried not to make it a sausage fest.

Nick Fury, Starlord

Shazam, Wonder woman

Hawkgirl, Cable

Green Arrow, Black Panther

Black Canary, Deadpool

DarkSaint85
OP, are we allowed to just ignore whole groups?

TethAdamTheRock
Superman
Hulk
Thor
Wonder Woman
Shazam

beatboks
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Superman
Hulk
Thor
Wonder Woman
Shazam

So no versatility at all just brick on brick??

Seems a iffle redundamt.

golem370
Thor is a versatile brick

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
OP, are we allowed to just ignore whole groups?
Sure.

Thread i took it from had a 1 per group minimum, but no stips is more fun i think; shows where everyone's at.

carver9
Sigh

Khazra Reborn
Chuck X- $3
Thor- 3$
Cable- 1$
Mr. Fantastic- $3
Flash- $4

Total $14.

riv6672
Originally posted by carver9
Sigh
The great part is, i just posted in your thread, and gave you actual input.
You, on the other hand, are just too childish to do anything but log in and pretend your balls have dropped. big grin

riv6672
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Chuck X- $3
Thor- 3$
Cable- 1$
Mr. Fantastic- $3
Flash- $4

Total $14.
Nice. With a buck to spare!

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by riv6672
http://i.imgur.com/1vzjGBL.jpg
This is kinda like fantasy football.

Finding the sweet spot between value and productivity is where it's at.

Thor at $3 - I love the versatility and is arguably as good if not better than the other 2 bricks above him. We'll revisit the two others in the list a bit later.

Cable at $1 - Tremendous value here(tp/tech/leader). Probably the best of his group. Hawkgirl is ok too.

Green Lantern at $3 - This was really a pick'em b/n GL and Flash. I chose GL because I'm a versatility fan. And as you will see later I saved the $1 by going with someone(s) who is not quite as good in speed, but is no slouch. This was a tough call.

Mr. Fantastic at $3 - Loved BP and what he brings to the table. He is a great value at just two bucks, but Reed is Reed. Had to pull the trigger and spend the extra dollar on him.

Star Lord at $1 - Questionable leader, but he was cheap and has a spiffy ship than can traverse galaxies. Cap and Bats would have been a dream to own, but can't justify the price. Prof X is a great value in this group if you go that route.

So that leaves me with $4.

Obviously I will look back at group brick. The sheer power provided by each one in this category cannot be overlooked. Easily the best group to find value in except for Hulk....
laughing out loud

Wondy at $2 - Arguably the best pick in the whole draft when grouping the two dollar and under. Almost went with BP because of resources, tech genius, and upgrade... But it's hard to ignore the power here at two bucks.

Shazam at $1 - Shazam at one buck?!!! Are u kidding me?! Pick him the phukk up! Along with Wondy, this rounds out the speed in my team.

Green Arrow at $1 - Nothing really exciting, but it's either him or Canary. This guy has the resources. GA no contest.

So my team.
A tad light on tp(not horrible).
Tech is excellent especially since I have the best(Reed) in the field imo.
We have a lot of resources.
And I just love the raw power and versatility of my most powerful members.

EcstaticGrace
I don't understand the pricing. Why would Stark or Stone cost more than Fantastic? Why would Spiderman cost more than Flash?

EcstaticGrace
Professor -X Telepath/Peace Keeper/Leader
Mr. Fantastic - Unrivaled Genius
Wonder Woman - Warrior powerhouse
Hawkgirl - Cause who else screams enforcer other than a Thanagarian Cop with Alien weps.
Flash - Crime doesn't exist if it's removed swiftly from the public eye.

Martian_mind
Professor X
Cable
Mr Fantastic
Thor
Green Lantern
Deadpool

No glaring weaknesses, and I get the benefit of having Cable/Deadpool, one of the most entertaining duos in comic history.

riv6672
^^^ha, i didnt realize you could do that last!

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
This is kinda like fantasy football.

Finding the sweet spot between value and productivity is where it's at.

Thor at $3 - I love the versatility and is arguably as good if not better than the other 2 bricks above him. We'll revisit the two others in the list a bit later.

Cable at $1 - Tremendous value here(tp/tech/leader). Probably the best of his group. Hawkgirl is ok too.

Green Lantern at $3 - This was really a pick'em b/n GL and Flash. I chose GL because I'm a versatility fan. And as you will see later I saved the $1 by going with someone(s) who is not quite as good in speed, but is no slouch. This was a tough call.

Mr. Fantastic at $3 - Loved BP and what he brings to the table. He is a great value at just two bucks, but Reed is Reed. Had to pull the trigger and spend the extra dollar on him.

Star Lord at $1 - Questionable leader, but he was cheap and has a spiffy ship than can traverse galaxies. Cap and Bats would have been a dream to own, but can't justify the price. Prof X is a great value in this group if you go that route.

So that leaves me with $4.

Obviously I will look back at group brick. The sheer power provided by each one in this category cannot be overlooked. Easily the best group to find value in except for Hulk....
laughing out loud

Wondy at $2 - Arguably the best pick in the whole draft when grouping the two dollar and under. Almost went with BP because of resources, tech genius, and upgrade... But it's hard to ignore the power here at two bucks.

Shazam at $1 - Shazam at one buck?!!! Are u kidding me?! Pick him the phukk up! Along with Wondy, this rounds out the speed in my team.

Green Arrow at $1 - Nothing really exciting, but it's either him or Canary. This guy has the resources. GA no contest.

So my team.
A tad light on tp(not horrible).
Tech is excellent especially since I have the best(Reed) in the field imo.
We have a lot of resources.
And I just love the raw power and versatility of my most powerful members.
That is TIGHT! thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.