Who Is The God Of Strength?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Who is the God of Strength in Comics?

Sin I AM
Hercules

Flyattractor
Wolverine after spending a week in the wood with out bathing.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hercules

Hercules isn't even stronger than Thor.

Badabing
Hercules Ditto

carver9
Hercules

Yep.

LordofBrooklyn
So that would make Hermes superior in speed to Makkari or Runner by this logic?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Yep.

thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
thumb up

You are agreeing with, Carver?

DarkSaint85
Indeed.

tkitna
Hercules

1st character that came to mind

Gecko4lif
God of strength means god of strength not the strongest

Bad doggy

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
God of strength means god of strength not the strongest

Bad doggy

It's Saturday night, don't you have a BUFFET to get thrown out of?

JBL
I will start the sh*! Storm. It AIN'T Superman!!! JBL you hate superman!! WHAT?? I like him. Stop lying and go back to CBR!! Why you ungrateful....... Guys enough of this crap before I close this thread and hand out bans. Lol😁

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
It's Saturday night, don't you have a BUFFET to get thrown out of?
Nah I already ate ya momma's ate lile groceries. Im stuffed.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Nah I already ate ya momma's ate lile groceries. Im stuffed.

The cholesterol is destroying your brain cells.

YOU CAN'T EVEN WRITE A COHERENT SENTENCE!!!

laughing

Badabing
Hercules. durcules

deathslash
Hercules. How is this even a question?

riv6672
Who is the God of Strength in Comics?
Not Superman.

But i digress,
The titles dont have universal applicability in comics, where you have multiple pantheons coexisting (contrary to the original mythologies, where they were mutually exclusive). For example, Thor may be the god of thunder amongst the Aesir, but that doesn't make his lightning the equal or superior of Zeus'.

Actually, each pantheon tends to have it's own individual god of 'X', so Hermes is the god of speed amongst the Olympians, while Hermod is the god of speed amongst the Aesir. Apollo is the god of light amongst the Olympians, whereas Balder is the god of light amongst the Aesir. Aphrodite is the Olmypian goddess of love, while Freyja is the Asgardian goddess of love. And so on.

There might not be an official god of strength amongst the Aesir, but Thor is essentially that for them, while you can debate whether Kratos or Hercules is more deserving of that title amongst the Olympians (Marvel Herc is stronger than Kratos, but he hasn't always been considered a true god).

iceman24567
Hercules thumb up

Magnon
The one with the strength of 1 Herc.

Damborgson
Literally? Magni.

quanchi112
This thread really blew up in LoB's dog face.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by riv6672
Not Superman.

But i digress,
The titles dont have universal applicability in comics, where you have multiple pantheons coexisting (contrary to the original mythologies, where they were mutually exclusive). For example, Thor may be the god of thunder amongst the Aesir, but that doesn't make his lightning the equal or superior of Zeus'.

Actually, each pantheon tends to have it's own individual god of 'X', so Hermes is the god of speed amongst the Olympians, while Hermod is the god of speed amongst the Aesir. Apollo is the god of light amongst the Olympians, whereas Balder is the god of light amongst the Aesir. Aphrodite is the Olmypian goddess of love, while Freyja is the Asgardian goddess of love. And so on.

There might not be an official god of strength amongst the Aesir, but Thor is essentially that for them, while you can debate whether Kratos or Hercules is more deserving of that title amongst the Olympians (Marvel Herc is stronger than Kratos, but he hasn't always been considered a true god).

You STOLE this from, Shuruku Demon, you HERETIC!!!

Sin I AM
You STOLE this from, Shuruku Demon, you HERETIC!!!

What are you babbling about

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Damborgson
Literally? Magni.

Isn't that in AD&D (from my memories) ?

LordofBrooklyn
What are you babbling about

Shuruku Demon has provided an in-depth analysis of various pantheons and their distinct titles of power. This plagiarizing, heretic, comes in here and tries to pass it off as his own.

Riv, barely has the IQ to type out messages much less provide insight on mythology.

celeyhyga17
Shuruku Demon has provided an in-depth analysis of various pantheons and their distinct titles of power. This plagiarizing, heretic, comes in here and tries to pass it off as his own.

Riv, barely has the IQ to type out messages much less provide insight on mythology.
References?

Prof. T.C McAbe
God? Batman.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Isn't that in AD&D (from my memories) ?

Magni is Thors son

hmmmmm...Shuruku from herochat?

RealityWarper
I mistaken Magnir for KORD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kord_(Greyhawk)

My bad.

Sin I AM

My bad.

it's all good. 2 points for reading AD&D

Damborgson

My bad.

Ha, yeah no this is Thor's son I'm talking about.

quanchi112
Magni is Thors son

hmmmmm...Shuruku from herochat? If Riv plagiarized another posters thoughts and tried to pass them off as his own that has to be one of the saddest displays of trying to be respected I've ever come across on the wide world of internet message boards.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
References?

Magni is Thors son

hmmmmm...Shuruku from herochat?

http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=13690.0

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
If Riv plagiarized another posters thoughts and tried to pass them off as his own that has to be one of the saddest displays of trying to be respected I've ever come across on the wide world of internet message boards.

quanchi112
Cringe.

LordofBrooklyn
Cringe.

The HERETIC has offended The House Of El for too long!!!!

I HAD TO PUT THE INFIDEL DOWN!!!!!

Facee
In my opinion, I don't think these titles have universal applicability in comics, where you have multiple pantheons coexisting (contrary to the original mythologies, where they were mutually exclusive). For example, Thor may be the god of thunder amongst the Aesir, but that doesn't make his lightning the equal or superior of Zeus'.

Actually, each pantheon tends to have it's own individual god of 'X', so Hermes is the god of speed amongst the Olympians, while Hermod is the god of speed amongst the Aesir. Apollo is the god of light amongst the Olympians, while Balder is the god of light amongst the Aesir. Aphrodite is the Olympian goddess of love, while Freyja is the Asgardian goddess of love. And so on.

Magni is the official god of strength among the Aesir, while Kratos is the official god of strength among the Olympians, although you can debate whether they're actually the strongest gods within each group.

Face

Sin I AM

Lol herochat no less. Shuruku is a good poster though, atleast he plagiarized someone who knew what they were talking about. Normally riv just cosigns people he thinks are right. 👍

quanchi112
The HERETIC has offended The House Of El for too long!!!!

I HAD TO PUT THE INFIDEL DOWN!!!!! Trying to steal credit for someone else's thoughts on something as so insignicant as this is pretty bad. Who even cares ? The poster boy for strength is clearly the Hulk. It's his thing.

LordofBrooklyn
Trying to steal credit for someone else's thoughts on something as so insignicant as this is pretty bad. Who even cares ? The poster boy for strength is clearly the Hulk. It's his thing.

It's, Riv, what do you expect?

Sin I AM
Trying to steal credit for someone else's thoughts on something as so insignicant as this is pretty bad. Who even cares ? The poster boy for strength is clearly the Hulk. It's his thing.

Thread starter asked "god of strength" which is y Hercules or to a lesser extent Magni were mentioned. Hulk is god of nothing. R.i.p banner

quanchi112
Thread starter asked "god of strength" which is y Hercules or to a lesser extent Magni were mentioned. Hulk is god of nothing. R.i.p banner Hulk isn't a god I agree but he's the poster boy for strength. He's stronger than gods. It's also just a title.

Sin I AM
Hulk isn't a god I agree but he's the poster boy for strength. He's stronger than gods. It's also just a title.

I agree. He is the poster boy. If the op had been who is the strongest char in comics my answer wouldve been banner or kent. But that god interjection made me immediately think Herc

riv6672
Lol herochat no less. Shuruku is a good poster though, atleast he plagiarized someone who knew what they were talking about. Normally riv just cosigns people he thinks are right. 👍
And he is. thumb up

Sin I AM
And he is. thumb up

Ballsy. i didnt think youd post here for awhile.

riv6672
Dont why why not, boo.
You guys are going on an entrrtaining tangent, but unless you've cited everything you've ever posted that isnt your original idea, and you havent, then nyah. Poster from another site or the works of Samuel Dawkins.

quanchi112
And he is. thumb up You need to cite the guy if you're going to plagiarize his post. The reason people need a bib is to give credit to the source. At least link it and don't try to pass this off as your own.

Sin I AM
Dont why why not, boo.
You guys are going on an entrrtaining tangent, but unless you've cited everything you've ever posted that isnt your original idea, and you havent, then nyah. Poster from another site or the works of Samuel Dawkins.

Personally idc. But the rule of thumb here if you dont know dont pretend you do. I haven't read every comic in existence but i will research a topic im interested in. For example cosmics in both the main houses have obscure feats and appearances that im not aware of...so before i say the Inbetweener stomps...i double check to make sure the Inbetweener stomps ya dig?

As far as citing info i generally place quotes around thoughts that arent my own. Or come to my own conclusions from info presented. What u did can be seen as disingenuous so word to the wise don't do it...it's ok if u dont know. U can always ask

riv6672
You need to cite the guy if you're going to plagiarize his post. The reason people need a bib is to give credit to the source. At least link it and don't try to pass this off as your own.
Who originally said that? You should cite them.

riv6672
Personally idc. But the rule of thumb here if you dont know dont pretend you do. I haven't read every comic in existence but i will research a topic im interested in. For example cosmics in both the main houses have obscure feats and appearances that im not aware of...so before i say the Inbetweener stomps...i double check to make sure the Inbetweener stomps ya dig?

As far as citing info i generally place quotes around thoughts that arent my own. Or come to my own conclusions from info presented. What u did can be seen as disingenuous so word to the wise don't do it...it's ok if u dont know. U can always ask
So you read the work(s) of others, and dont cite them. Got it, boo.

quanchi112
Who originally said that? You should cite them. I did just then. You read someone else's thoughts on this same thread and copied it blatantly hence the humiliation.

Sin I AM
Who originally said that? You should cite them.

See ☝ what you're doing there is trolling. Lob (of all people) outed you. So you really dont have a leg to stand on. Best advice is to accept the L and sallyforth instead of talking tough to quan who is being empathetic atm.

riv6672
Sure thing, boo.
Please remember to cite everything you ever post that isnt an original thought. thumb up

Sin I AM
So you read the work(s) of others, and dont cite them. Got it, boo.

That's not what i said. I stated if the thoughts arent mt2own i put quotes around it. Most threads are redundant Batman vs Cap..Cap is stonger but Bruce is a better MA , Thor vs Superman...Odinson has more variety while Ckark2is stronger etc...u pick up shit after being here for nearly a decade. That's y obscure char threads get little attention because casuals (like yourself) wouldn't know if Bloodshot could defeat Blade or if Voldemort was a match for Gandalf etc...take it with a grain of salt, apologize For your indiscretions and move on. Otherwise prep that cornhole for rough anal everytime u post

riv6672
Kinky eek!

Sin I AM
Sure thing, boo.
Please remember to cite everything you ever post that isnt an original thought. thumb up

Defensive much? Fine have it your way.. You'll cave before anyone else does. Ttyl

riv6672
TTFN

laughing

RealityWarper
it's all good. 2 points for reading AD&D

Thanks. I'm well versed in RPG.

GURPS is my favourite by far.

quanchi112
Defensive much? Fine have it your way.. You'll cave before anyone else does. Ttyl Riv doesn't read comics but he does read posts by people who do.

carver9

WTF...just WTF.

DarkSaint85
Where are you guys getting this Kratos is the god of strength business?

riv6672

Kratos was the personification of strength and power in Greek mythology, son of the Titans Pallas and Styx. He was the brother of Nike (victory), Bia (force), and Zelus (zeal), and the four siblings were the enforcers of Zeus. Along with Hephaestus and Bia, he managed to constrain Prometheus and bind him at the peak of the Caucasus, as punishment for his actions against Zeus' will.

http://www.greekmythology.com/Other_Gods/Kratos/kratos.html

Sin I AM
Riv doesn't read comics but he does read posts by people who do.

I loled

I've no idea because in the comic he's god of war

riv6672
I loled

Me too, boo!

I've no idea because in the comic he's god of war
Yeah the comics differ from the source material.

Sin I AM
Thanks. I'm well versed in RPG.

GURPS is my favourite by far.

GURPS? Never played that. Are you familiar with Spellfire? Also which campaign setting did u use?

staxamillion
what? we got dungeons and dragon nerds too? anyone play whitewolf?

I always think of Herc as a god of strength

when I did a search for Marvel god of strength the Wikipedia page of the marvel gods was first link. there it says herc is

Hercules/Heracles - God of Strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.