Shazam! (2019)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
http://i.imgur.com/HNYKEVB.jpg

riv6672
Black Adam has mastered social media...we are screwed! eek!

Cant wait to see BA onscreen. I'm really hoping they do him justice.

Darth Thor
No idea where/when we'll see him given there's no progress on the Shazam movie.

juggernaut74
Just because nothing has been announced I don't think they aren't making progress. Clearly they are making plans for the movie.

People complain DC is moving too fast and on the flip side they complain they aren't making any progress.

BruceSkywalker
they will rename the film black adam..

Flyattractor
May as well since they can't name it Captain Marvel.

Lord Lucien
The Rock would be put to better use in a remake of Kazaam.

marwash22
still no word on who will play Captain Marvel?

i have no idea what kind of shape he's in these days, or if he's even still acting, but one, Tom Welling, just popped in my head as someone I'd want to see in the role.

Mindset
Originally posted by marwash22
still no word on who will play Captain Marvel?

i have no idea what kind of shape he's in these days, or if he's even still acting, but one, Tom Welling, just popped in my head as someone I'd want to see in the role. I'll actually be playing Captain Marvel.

Dreampanther

Kazenji
^ Wrong Captain Marvel.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Wrong Captain Marvel.

angel whistling

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Just because nothing has been announced I don't think they aren't making progress. Clearly they are making plans for the movie.

People complain DC is moving too fast and on the flip side they complain they aren't making any progress.

They're moving too fast with all the Justice League s***.

When it comes to giving us new solo films though they're moving ridiculously slow.

Also this film was announced 3 years ago, and then we found out it's not being released until 2019! Since then we've heard squat. And we're only 2 years away from the supposed release date.

marwash22

riv6672
lol@both of you

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
they will rename the film black adam..
Doubtful, but he's pretty much guaranteed to get a solo movie.

TheVaultDweller
Maybe Armie Hammer as Cpt. Marvel? His acting has been hit-and-miss but, if he bulks up, he at least won't look ridiculous next to Dwayne, seeing as they are both 6'5". I've actually spotted a few articles that speculate that he has actually been considered for the role. But, given how little we actually know so far, I chalk it up to nothing but rumours.

TheGrat1
Brandon Molale

http://heroesandaliens.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/brandon-molale-captain-marvel-t-shirt.jpg

He absolutely looks the part, 6' 4", and most of all: He wants to do it!

marwash22
laughing out loud

he's a struggling actor who's never been the lead in anything... of course he wants to do it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by riv6672
lol@both of you

Doubtful, but he's pretty much guaranteed to get a solo movie.

lol im having fun

Zack M
Black Adam will have his own solo film! Great news.

http://www.cbr.com/dwayne-johnsons-black-adam-will-star-in-his-own-solo-film/

marwash22
this is a good thing.

intentional or not (probably not given how WB has conducted business thus far), giving the two characters their own movies allows for character development before just throwing them against each other in one movie.

*cough* BvS *cough*

Zack M

Darth Thor
^ Not falling for another Rick Ashley video.

BruceSkywalker
they 'll rename this Black Adam lol

BruceSkywalker
is this true about dwayne johnson not appearing in this???

http://screenrant.com/shazam-movie-no-dwayne-johnson-black-adam/

Zack M
Shazam is the next movie in production. Yaaay.

juggernaut74
Not verified.

Zack M
It's pretty much is. Umberto called it, too.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/shazam-is-next-dc-movie-shoot-1022821

Darth Thor
2019 was the original release date from that original slate.

juggernaut74
Has there been a casting announcement for any roles?

Granted it's been in production for years so maybe they have the roles casted.

Zack M

vansonbee
If the Rock is Black Adam, then John Cena should be Shazam. Otherwise, I'll be disappointed.

Zack M
Holy crap!!!

Matthew Mcconaughey Set To Play SHAZAM In 2019

-Pr-

Zack M
I'm thinking this Saturday, Hall H.

Zack M
https://IruuI73-N9E

https://youtu.be/IruuI73-N9E

juggernaut74
As I suspected, no announcements.

Zack M
The director said he's working on it. Official announcement.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by vansonbee
If the Rock is Black Adam, then John Cena should be Shazam. Otherwise, I'll be disappointed.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-02-2015/6CoLpP.gif

juggernaut74
As I suspected, no announcements. Working on it.

Key words.

Zack M
Still officially announced by lights out director. SHAZAM will be the next dc movie going forward.

Flyattractor
Hope its good an it makes the Marvel "Captain Marvel" Movie look like the POS it is sure to BE!!

THE TRUE CAPTAIN MARVEL On the Big Screen ya ALL! MY BOY BILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BruceSkywalker
they'll scrap this now

hahagha

Flyattractor
Just wait till the MCU Cap Marvel totally tanks and they sell the right back to DC. Then they can make the MOVIE!

-Pr-
Filming starting early next year, hopefully:

http://www.cbr.com/shazam-next-dc-movie/

Still need to sort out their casting though.

Dreampanther
Zachary Levi cast as Shazam.

https://i.imgur.com/6VWFEgH.png

-Pr-
Dude's gonna have to get bulky, but he's a good comedic actor, so I think he'll do well.

riv6672
^^^never even entered my mind as a possible choice! eek!

marwash22
Pr being captain Obvious.

riv6672
If Levi can be Captain Marvel...-Pr- can be Captain Obvious!

Darth Thor

marwash22
I'm sure his counterpart playing Black Adam can hook him up with some of those Hobbs "supplements".

playa1258
Steroids is rampant in Hollywood.

He will have no problem.

BruceSkywalker
Levi sucks... nothing about him tells me he can act, let alone pukl this off. this might flop

TethAdamTheRock
The Rock

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
The Rock

is no longer involved

Flyattractor
They not doing the Black Adam Movie no more?

Kazenji
Pretty sure that he still is getting his own solo movie.

roughrider
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Zachary Levi cast as Shazam.

https://i.imgur.com/6VWFEgH.png

Of course he was cast. He had a role in a MCU film - as Fandral in Thor: The Dark World - and DC & Warners will keep bringing in people who've had any part in Marvel Studios massive success, so to decode the secret formula. wink

Joshua Dallas, please return to playing Fandral!

riv6672
Levi sucks... nothing about him tells me he can act, let alone pukl this off. this might flop
Whats gonna be so hard to pull off?

I'm not asking you to elaborate on your opinion of Levi. I got that part.
I'm asking what about this role/movie would be hard for an actor in general to pull off.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
They not doing the Black Adam Movie no more?

don't you read lmmfao....

the rock is no longer involved in the shazam film, but he getting a solo film instead

Darth Thor

I'm asking what about this role/movie would be hard for an actor in general to pull off.

The hardest part will be the bulking up lol

But they seem to have the whole getting ripped thing down to a formula in Hollywood.

Mindset
Originally posted by Darth Thor

But they seem to have the whole getting ripped thing down to a formula in Hollywood. Yeah, steroids.

Zack M
The Rock will teach him.

Kazenji

But they seem to have the whole getting ripped thing down to a formula in Hollywood.

Yeah because it didn't work out for Chris Pratt... roll eyes (sarcastic)

riv6672

Hopefully he (BruceSkywalker) comes up with more than that, if he decides to answer me. Otherwise, i'll just figure he was talking shit. stick out tongue

Darth Thor
Honestly, acting wise, the Chuck guy is more than qualified to play this role.

riv6672
Honestly, acting wise, the Chuck guy is more than qualified to play this role.
I think the same, which is why i asked.

-Pr-

Ha...

BruceSkywalker
Hopefully he (BruceSkywalker) comes up with more than that, if he decides to answer me. Otherwise, i'll just figure he was talking shit. stick out tongue

Levi sucks as an actor, his tv show Chuck wasn;t all that great. it started to suck and be bad acting after a while...

i do not recall him as an leading actor in feature films, but if he has been , then which ones?

Flyattractor
is no longer involved

Yeah, I did READ Your Post. Don't look like YOU put all that much Info in it.

You Stuok Up Little Dick-Less Prick You!!!!

riv6672
Levi sucks as an actor, his tv show Chuck wasn;t all that great. it started to suck and be bad acting after a while...
So...opinion. You just don't like the guy. Got it.

i do not recall him as an leading actor in feature films, but if he has been , then which ones?
He's had no breakout roles as a leading man. You can look up his filmography on IMDB. smile
I dont see what your point has to do with anything, though.
Chris Hemsworth was in pretty much the same boat (even less name recognition actually) when he was cast in Thor...which was his breakout role. eek!

If you don't like the guy, just say so. Save us all some time. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
So...opinion. You just don't like the guy. Got it.

HAHAHA

Originally posted by riv6672 He's had no breakout roles as a leading man. You can look up his filmography on IMDB. smile
I dont see what your point has to do with anything, though.
Chris Hemsworth was in pretty much the same boat (even less name recognition actually) when he was cast in Thor...which was his breakout role. eek!

If you don't like the guy, just say so. Save us all some time. thumb up

Do not respond to someone if you do not like what they have to say. Pure and simple. I will speak on whatever I want, you do not have to respond... don't like it IDGAF.. I'm sure you what that means

marwash22
why do you guys still respond to people like Bruce, Quan and Stilt? They have made their agenda very clear, it's best to just ignore them.

riv6672
But i liked it, as you entertained/are entertaining me me with your responses.

I'll comment on whatever you speak about, and you HAVE to reply.

It means i'm having way more fun in this exchange than you are!

roughrider

the rock is no longer involved in the shazam film, but he getting a solo film instead

If there's no Black Adam in this, where's the conflict going to arise from? I'm a fan of the Shazam mythos, but many of his rogues are lame, and I prefer Adam as an anti-hero rather than the heavy.

quanchi112
why do you guys still respond to people like Bruce, Quan and Stilt? They have made their agenda very clear, it's best to just ignore them. Why do you even post on here ? Clearly you're very sensitive so just stick to Facebook to post your thoughts. You won't find anyone who cares to even disagree with you and your ego won't ever be bruised.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by roughrider
If there's no Black Adam in this, where's the conflict going to arise from? I'm a fan of the Shazam mythos, but many of his rogues are lame, and I prefer Adam as an anti-hero rather than the heavy.

Looks like it's going to be an origin movie, so most of the movie will probably be the standard introduction, backstory, getting the powers and learning to use the powers formula, with a mini-boss fight at the end.

riv6672
pleasepleaseplease-Mr. Mind-pleasepleaseplease

Zack M
F^ck Yes!

Mark Strong in talks to play Dr. Sivana

riv6672
Nice. Very nice if it happens.

Zack M
Its confirmed! Excellent casting.

marwash22
Mark was great as Sinestro.

DC should've taken a play from Fox's playbook and let Mark return as Sinestro in the future, but erase everything else from the Ryan Reynold's Green Lantern movie... similarly to how Origins Wolverine was erased but Deadpool was allowed to live on.

juggernaut74
http://www.darkhorizons.com/asher-angel-is-billy-batson-in-shazam/

Darth Thor
http://www.darkhorizons.com/asher-angel-is-billy-batson-in-shazam/

He looks about 12, but looking up his age I've found 15! So he'll too old to play Billy in like a couple of years. Don't see how that's gonna work.

They should have picked an 8 year old IMO, so he could play the role without any issues for the next 7 years.

riv6672
An 8 year old? Nah.

Darth Thor
An 8 year old? Nah.

You do realise that with every movie they're going to be at least 2 years older right?

The 15 year old will be 20 by the time they get around to Shazam vs Black Adam.

riv6672
And they'll make it work.
No one will really mind.

https://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/600675_214953298644308_1685049385_n.jpg

Darth Thor
^ Lame

riv6672
Oh well. smile

marwash22
You do realise that with every movie they're going to be at least 2 years older right?

The 15 year old will be 20 by the time they get around to Shazam vs Black Adam. bermm

you do realize that comics are dumb af when it comes to age and that people in real life actually get older with passing time, right?

Captain Marvel is eternally young, Billy is not.

Darth Thor
bermm

you do realize that comics are dumb af when it comes to age and that people in real life actually get older with passing time, right?

Captain Marvel is eternally young, Billy is not.

Yes. But I'd want him to be young for at least a trilogy. A 20 year old Billy after just a couple of movies? Nah, would prefer they start off younger.

marwash22
so the "issues" you were talking about is just your personal preference?

okay.

Darth Thor

riv6672
Oh well. smile

Firefly218

riv6672
^^^true dat.

Of course, if they go New52 with the characterization, i'll lose my mind wink

Darth Thor
Billy and Shazam actors together at JL premier:

https://screenrant.com/shazam-billy-batson-zachary-levi-asher-angel-photo/amp/

playa1258
Goods news is Snyder is not directing this.

quanchi112
Second place isn't the end of the world.

Darth Thor

playa1258
Hulk is not even second on the Avengers.

Feel the pain Quan.

quanchi112

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Hulk is not even second on the Avengers.

Feel the pain Quan. He is the powerhouse of the team. I backed my claim. I win.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by quanchi112
1. Hulk ko'd Thor.
2. Thor was sore.
3. Hulk called him baby arms.
4. Quinjet called Hulk the strongest Avenger.

Oh what lame excuses the Hulk fans are left with.

playa1258
Seriously pathetic.

Wow.

quanchi112
Oh what lame excuses the Hulk fans are left with. I have facts you have coulda, woulda, shouldas.

Darth Thor

quanchi112

CPT Space Bomb
And he ko'd Thor, Thor was sore, and the Quinjet confirmed it. He mocked Thor after he hurt him. He only Ko'd Thor because Grandmaster ko'd him first....EVERYONE knows how that fight played out and Thor was winning before Grandmaster cheapshotted him. Anyway that has nothing to do with Shazam

quanchi112
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
He only Ko'd Thor because Grandmaster ko'd him first....EVERYONE knows how that fight played out and Thor was winning before Grandmaster cheapshotted him. Anyway that has nothing to do with Shazam Thor had the momentum in his favor but we see how quickly that changes in a fight. If the Thor and Hulk fight from the first avengers had stopped right after the first hammer shot people would claim Thor was dominating him with the hammer. We see Hulk recovers and the fight take a different turn. We also see Thor sore the next time we see him while Hulk didn't even act as if he was in a fight.

roughrider
I'm only curious as to what happened next, after Grandmaster sabotaged Thor and he fell helpless to the ground. Hulk paused a moment, then did his big jump and finishing move for the crowd. It cuts to black as a wide eyed Thor suddenly thrust his hand up.

(1) Did Thor actually stop Hulk, catch his fist in descent?

(2) Did Hulk actually pull up and deliberately miss Thor (no one else was close enough in the arena to see) because he finally got control of himself and just told Thor to 'Play Dead'?

Because anyone else would just have been thrown back into the gladiator pen to die; instead, Thor wakes up in Hulk's apartment like he was the co-winner. Maybe Grandmaster saw value in keeping 'Lord Of Thunder' around as a hook for future matches?

SquallX
Second place isn't the end of the world.

You do know the live action is the only thing Marvel have beating DC in the last few years right?

Comics-DC
Shows-DC
Animated movies-DC
Games-about equal. Then again, most Marvel games are not even made by Marvel, since they lease the characters. Where as DC have have near complete control.
Movies-Marvel

Zack M
Originally posted by SquallX
You do know the live action is the only thing Marvel have beating DC in the last few years right?

Comics-DC
Shows-DC
Animated movies-DC
Games-about equal. Then again, most Marvel games are not even made by Marvel, since they lease the characters. Where as DC have have near complete control.
Movies-Marvel

The Arkham Asylum series>>>>Any super-hero games, period.

Kazenji
The Upcoming Spider-Man game might change things.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
The Upcoming Spider-Man game might change things.

Are the Spider-Man games from Marvel or Sony?

Kazenji
Are the Spider-Man games from Marvel or Sony?

Well the upcoming one is from Insomniac Games.

quanchi112

Comics-DC
Shows-DC
Animated movies-DC
Movies-Marvel Comics is marvel hands down.

I don't waste my time watching any of DCs shows. Also quit going off topic since this is the film industry and you agree they are second place to marvel. laughing out loud

Numero due.

SquallX
Comics is marvel hands down.

I don't waste my time watching any of DCs shows. Also quit going off topic since this is the film industry and you agree they are second place to marvel. laughing out loud

Numero due.

Marvel's comics are a mess, and you know it.

Also, all Marvel movies, minus Iron Man 1, Civil War, and Winter Soldiers are just generic rehash. Haven't seen Ragnarok yet, so its out.

It's all beautiful colors, and jokes. Villains are as forgettable as you're morning shit.

So being mediocre is not really a good thing.

quanchi112

Also, all Marvel movies, minus Iron Man 1, Civil War, and Winter Soldiers are just generic rehash. Haven't seen Ragnarok yet, so its out.

It's all beautiful colors, and jokes. Villains are as forgettable as you're morning shit.

So being mediocre is not really a good thing. No. That's your opinion and I vehemently disagree with that conclusion.

It doesn't matter you agreed marvel films are better so you conceded.

Look at their critical reviews and compare them to DC who is being mocked for trying to be Avengers like in the Justice League. Wannabes.

Love mocking you DC fans who know its over. Second place is all you losers will ever get to be in this lifetime.

Bentley
I honestly haven't been following comics from either comicbook Company this year. What are the best series from each at the moment?

If this is too derailing you can PM me the titles.

SquallX
No. That's your opinion and I vehemently disagree with that conclusion.

It doesn't matter you agreed marvel films are better so you conceded.

Look at their critical reviews and compare them to DC who is being mocked for trying to be Avengers like in the Justice League. Wannabes.

Love mocking you DC fans who know its over. Second place is all you losers will ever get to be in this lifetime.

Okay.

Only three Marvel movies that are good, all the rest sucks.

How are thy being wannabes again?

I could care less if you mock us DC fans. I don't lose sleep over it. So, mock on.

All Marvel has are their movies. The movies and being own by Disney are the only two things that Marvel has going for them, nothing else.

quanchi112
Okay.

Only three Marvel movies that are good, all the rest sucks.

How are thy being wannabes again?

I could care less if you mock us DC fans. I don't lose sleep over it. So, mock on.

All Marvel has are their movies. The movies and being own by Disney are the only two things that Marvel has going for them, nothing else. Iyo but objectively both with the critics and at the box office this isn't close.

Tried to copy the marvel formula when they initially came out and tried to announce the differenc between the two. When Batman v. Superman was a hugely divisive film they course corrected and now are Avengers wannabes. Read the reviews from within the industry on collider, etc.

False, marvel ip's are on fire. And we are discussing films so trying to change the topic. Stay on point.

roughrider

Comics-DC
Shows-DC
Animated movies-DC
Movies-Marvel

Marvel's Netflix shows beats any DC show ever put out. thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by roughrider
Marvel's Netflix shows beats any DC show ever put out. thumb up

Dunno about that. But DD season 1 is probably better than any single season of any of the current DC shows.

carthage
Daredevil is better than any D.C. Show

Zack M
Netflix shows are overrated, IMO. Other than DD, I haven't been too impressed.

Darth Thor

ares834
DD season 1 and JJ were good.

Everything else has been mediocre at best.

Kazenji

So being mediocre is not really a good thing.

They're about equal when it comes to comics for me.

Zack M
DC is so much more than their mainstream universe. They have so many good imprints now, it's insane.

Gerad Way's Young Animal (Doom Patrol has been spectacular)
Warren Ellis's Wildstorm
The Hannah Barbera Line (Flintstones and Future Quest are some of the best comics on the stands. Future Quest was a maxi series and is no longer, but still)

Future imprints that I'm looking forward to, is Milestone and the Dark Matter books.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

DC fans pointing to anything but their cinematic universe on the movie forum. Times are dark indeed like a Zack Snyder film.

juggernaut74
I wouldn't be surprised if WB canceled this movie now.

quanchi112
I wouldn't be surprised if WB canceled this movie now. Can you imagine the Justice League being what detonates their cinematic universe. How far they have fallen to even consider this.

juggernaut74
Can you imagine the Justice League being what detonates their cinematic universe. How far they have fallen to even consider this. If JL turns a profit maybe they'll keep the ball rolling, without Snyder of course.

I think a Shazam movie would be all kinds of fun.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by ares834
DD season 1 and JJ were good.

Everything else has been mediocre at best. Wrong. Daredevil season 2 was great as well. Ill agree the rest have been okayish.

juggernaut74
Iron Fist wasn't very good, Inhumans was shit, and I hear Punisher is hit or miss.

CPT Space Bomb
Iron Fist wasn't very good, Inhumans was shit, and I hear Punisher is hit or miss. Inhumans isn't Netflix though. So far Punisher has good ratings but I have yet to watch it.

Zack M
If JL turns a profit maybe they'll keep the ball rolling, without Snyder of course.

I think a Shazam movie would be all kinds of fun.

It needs 600 to break even. It'll make profit.

BruceSkywalker
other than comic book fans, will anyone care about this

playa1258
It depends on if it is any good.

Kazenji
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Wrong. Daredevil season 2 was great as well. Ill agree the rest have been okayish.

I liked DD season 2 more then the 1st one.

quanchi112
Shazam doesn't really sound interesting to me, I've always enjoyed Black Adam but this supposedly doesn't have him in it. Yawns. They need to take bigger risks than Shazam IMO but if Justice League really shits the bed they are going to pull the reins on their bigger films to reevaluate. I just hope Aquaman and WW 2 deliver because if they don't this could die.

Zack M
It depends on if it is any good.

Yeah, ill at least wait for the trailer. I dig the director a lot.

BruceSkywalker
this wil get an even lower score than Justice League lol hahahahahaha

quanchi112
I almost feel sorry for DC fans, almost.

BruceSkywalker
I almost feel sorry for DC fans, almost.

i don't. not one bit

quanchi112
i don't. not one bit Golgo is being humiliated and firefly claimed Justice league would outdo Avengers. These people don't live in objective reality they live in la la land.

playa1258
They should at least tease Black Adam.

quanchi112
They should at least tease Black Adam. This more than likely gets canceled or put on hold as pr goes.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>