Can death be killed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Boltonjoker
I want to hear your opinions and most importantly your interpretations of the question with the many different theories and arguments.

Lestov16
Death is the purpose of life, What gives meaning to it. Death gives us perception of time and the limited amount of it we all have, which results in our choice of how to spend our limited time, resulting in the decisions we make everyday. It is our mortality that gives us sentience and volition. It is out of death that we are able to live.

Lord Lucien
F*ck that, I want eternal youth.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
F*ck that, I want eternal youth.

Sorry. Liberal Progressive Science says that isn't possible.

The only thing you get is Oblivion.

SOWWWY!

Lord Lucien
I prefer Skyrim myself, but that's good too. I can be a vampire.

Flyattractor

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ArUJfglUcwE/UKtmTWXpVBI/AAAAAAAAAO0/_t1P-5ZiQEw/s1600/Aro.jpg

Lord Lucien
https://38.media.tumblr.com/be4ba5ddb551b3563f10890d26396dba/tumblr_morgeyRAzs1r1mr1po1_500.gif

Flyattractor
That is so YOU.

Lord Lucien
Oh f*ck yeah.

vqshPFQex_A

Flyattractor
Oh. I didn't know you were from Florida Lucy...

Bow-wow-OWWW! (of course its Florida...

ArtificialGlory
Mortality is the mother of life and all that, but just like Lucien, I want eternal youth.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Mortality is the mother of life and all that, but just like Lucien, I want eternal youth.

Really? I would have thought your dad puttin it in yer mom would have more to do with it.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Really? I would have thought your dad puttin it in yer mom would have more to do with it.
I guess I meant that in a more evolutionary sense.

Flyattractor
I guess I meant that in a more evolutionary sense.

Nope. Entropy will one day destroy the entire universe.

WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!!!!!!

ArtificialGlory
Nope. Entropy will one day destroy the entire universe.

WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!!!!!!
Feels bad, man. Then again, it's going to be a while till the death of the universe.

riv6672
Originally posted by Boltonjoker
I want to hear your opinions and most importantly your interpretations of the question with the many different theories and arguments. https://darkcornerbooks.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/quotes-h-p-lovecraft-2.jpg

Flyattractor
Feels bad, man. Then again, it's going to be a while till the death of the universe.

Probably be one heck of a light show.

ArtificialGlory
Probably be one heck of a light show.
I'm pretty sure it's going to be the opposite of a light show. Everything will gradually become dark and cold as we approach maximum entropy.

Flyattractor
Don't you go all kathyLulu like Riv did.

Surtur
Yes it can, just ask Sam and Dean Winchester.

You can be a vampire in Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind, to name a few ES games. But it kills your game in Morrowind, is kinda lame in Oblivion, and only cool in Skyrim if you have Dawnguard.

Flyattractor
Death can die it just retires.

Raisen
Trump defeated death. Grabbed it by the poosie

Flyattractor
Well Death is a Beeyootch and thats how you treat a beeeyootch

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by riv6672
https://darkcornerbooks.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/quotes-h-p-lovecraft-2.jpg Lovecraft was Ironborn.

Originally posted by Surtur
You can be a vampire in Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind, to name a few ES games. But it kills your game in Morrowind, is kinda lame in Oblivion, and only cool in Skyrim if you have Dawnguard. It's only cool if you can be damaged by sunlight. Or sparkle. That way Auriel's Bow actually feels worthwhile.

Surtur
One time in Morrowind I beat the game and then became a vampire(not easy as you become 100% immune to vampirism during the main quest) and then I went around destroying cities and shit.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Lestov16
Death is the purpose of life, What gives meaning to it. Death gives us perception of time and the limited amount of it we all have, which results in our choice of how to spend our limited time, resulting in the decisions we make everyday. It is our mortality that gives us sentience and volition. It is out of death that we are able to live. This flowery bullshit you copied from some nerd is cool and all, but there is literally no basis for it. There is nothing to put this claim against, because there is not and has never been a human being who was immortal.

How do you know that death is what gives meaning to a life when you have never witnessed a human life that didn't have to face death? There certainly seem to be some lives which persist without purpose or meaning, and these lives will end regardless of their lack of it.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by NemeBro
This flowery bullshit you copied from some nerd is cool and all, but there is literally no basis for it. There is nothing to put this claim against, because there is not and has never been a human being who was immortal.

How do you know that death is what gives meaning to a life when you have never witnessed a human life that didn't have to face death? There certainly seem to be some lives which persist without purpose or meaning, and these lives will end regardless of their lack of it.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

NemeBro
roll eyes (sarcastic) Got something to say little man?

circus21nik
I want to hear your opinions and most importantly your interpretations of the question with the many different theories and arguments. smile

Flyattractor
Originally posted by NemeBro
Got something to say little man?

Nope. You pretty much said it yourself...

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Mindship
There is no death. There is only Zuul.

Flyattractor
Your girlfriend is a dog.

Darth Truculent
Death comes for us all. No matter how we try to avoid it by eating right, exercise, etc, it eventually takes us when God has determined it. I'm not saying be a couch potato, stay indoors or that "YOLO" crap, live life to its fullest because everyday could be your last day on this planet.

I've lost friends and family over the years. So enjoy life to its fullest.

Flyattractor
http://images.amcnetworks.com/ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Conan-Best-in-Life.jpg

Lord Lucien
EBFuYzGc5fc&t=0s

I'm partial to the transgenic approach myself. I may be encased in a squishy flesh sac, but I'm quite fond of it.

Flyattractor

I'm partial to the transgenic approach myself. I may be encased in a squishy flesh sac, but I'm quite fond of it.

How whould that be any diff from the squishy flesh sac you inhabit now?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lestov16
Death is the purpose of life, What gives meaning to it. Death gives us perception of time and the limited amount of it we all have, which results in our choice of how to spend our limited time, resulting in the decisions we make everyday. It is our mortality that gives us sentience and volition. It is out of death that we are able to live.

I disagree but first, much respect to you Lestov. I'm sure the bullshit in the GDF gets in the way of normal adult conversation.

I think that the saying "Death gives life purpose" is just something we have trained ourselves to say to cope with the inexorable march of death.

Remove death, and we still have and do the same things. But now we do more. Seriously.

NemeBro
Originally posted by dadudemon
I disagree but first, much respect to you Lestov. I'm sure the bullshit in the GDF gets in the way of normal adult conversation.

I think that the saying "Death gives life purpose" is just something we have trained ourselves to say to cope with the inexorable march of death.

Remove death, and we still have and do the same things. But now we do more. Seriously. thumb up

Lord Lucien
How whould that be any diff from the squishy flesh sac you inhabit now? It would be eteeeernal.

Flyattractor
It would be eteeeernal.

An eternity of squishy.....what ever floats yer sac I guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.