Is Smith...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo04
Is Smith half agent and half human? My friends and people i know are saying he is but i dont beleave them. So who know if he is half human and half agent

Seraph

Neo04
Oh ok ty

playjam
Happy Dance
will my friend agent smith is an virus not human because he made copied himself and only virus OR a computer programmer can do it.

alaba
yep smith is now half human, half machine. remeber he said he and neo are now alike.......no no no that doesnt make any sense..smith could be reffering to something else..i gotta think.............

turin
Well in another thread there was a link to web site that i thought explained it pretty well. when Neo jumped into Smith in the first film some of the code that was Neo was coppied into Smith. So he is still very much Machine but he has duplicate human codes in him.

maul's woman
Quite true. Smith says to Neo that they are "linked" because of that attack in the first film. He is more than program now. Programs cannot replicate themselves so with that contact the Agent Smith program has learned to replicate. He has become a virus and a parasite. A very dangerous artificial lifeform. Now he inhabits Bane. But remember he also tried taking more bits of "information" from Neo when he rammed his hand into Neo's chest. The same thing occurred with Morpheus in the corridor. What is it he took from Morpheus will be interesting. big grin

systematicevil
You are very right MW, it will be very interesting to see what Smith took from Morpheus and from Neo...

Or left in them.

turin
well when he attacked both of them, wasnt he trying to turn them into Smiths? maybe by turning people into Smith's he assimilates the parts of their code that he wants. interesting.

Myndon
Smith is a virus, he has the ability to copy himself (multiply) Like virues do, he infiltrates peoples bodys and take over them, he can contol them and that is why one of teh copys escaped because he is in the mind of the person

maul's woman
But that wasn't done for Morpheus. Smith took something from Morpheus. What?

Smith may have taken something from Neo, but being The One... Neo "rejected" the attack. Still something may have slipped through and into Smith. What? What was it?

BEST TRINITY
No, if hes a virus he doesnt wanted to take anything , just infected neo with hes purpose

turin
i dont think smith really takes anything from someone when he assimulates them though it is a very interesting idea.

maul's woman
Well Turn, in the case of Morpheus it wasn't assimilation nor was it possession. It was an interrupted operation.

In the case of Neo, Smith did want to take him over but was unsuccessful. Neo unconsciously fought him off. That is what he basically said to Morpheus later. He also said that he didn't understand what Smith was trying to do.

Many times a virus can introduce itself into a system and interject its DNA into the nucleus thus causing a change and the nucleus begins to replicate more of that virus. Other viruses are "used" to interject material that will change the organism for the designer's purposes. In our case, Smith is doing both. He is replicating and causing changes... i.e. Bane and possibly others. In the case of Bane, the virus is not only causing changes but it is also possessing. Complete assimilation denote total destruction.

BEST TRINITY
Smith is gonna be terminated by NORTON ANTI-VIRUS (NEO)

maul's woman
He serves a purpose for the A.I. That is a reason he is allowed to continue

alaba
i'm curious..smith had always wanted zion's mainframe..now that he is in zion? why doesnt he just go to the control room, kill them all and hack in? why did he have tyo go after neo?

Captain REX
Because he's the bad guy. The bad guys in the films are never the smart ones, and they always lose.

Mithrandir
Something rubbed off on smith from Neo giving him power over the matrix which he has harnessed as the power to replicate, AND something of Smith rubbed off on Neo, and because smith was a machine or part of a greater machine (the matrix) Neo can control those evil badass sentinels now! That or Neo is truly beyond an anomally and is the ONE

turin
he is the one, not just an anomolly, in my opinion

maul's woman
Why did he still go after Neo? Because he is an old program. His directive was to hunt down Neo and take him down. He is working off of that directive. He also has new purpose to which is also hidden inside of Bane's psyche. Bane was jealous perhaps? Bane had hatred of Neo and the crew of the Nebuccadnezzar. There are many facets operating here. Remember, Smith wanted to join completely with Neo and Neo stopped it. So another Smith did what he did to get inside - he was able to catch Bane.

turin
how do you know Bane hated the crew of Neb? Is it something i missed?

maul's woman
No nothing you missed. It is only my feeling. Could be that entire crew that Bane was apart of thought Morpheus is totally crazed. Even before Bane was taken over by Smith. Many ships and captains seem like they were following Morpheus' lead eventhough Lock is the Lead Captain of all the captains.

happy kine
In the game Enter the Matrix... you see Bane with an evil look on his face as he goes down a ladder and you see two dead people on the deck of the ship. Its shortly after this the emp goes off disabling 5 ships that were quickly crushed by sentenels. I think Smith\Bane is in a coma because Smith\Bane (being a program) was a bit fried after he set off the emp, same with neo (I think it was an emp that got the sentinels, not a matrix in a matrix, there was a ship sent to find them). I believe they are both human\matrix program hybrids... the next step in evolution

Matrixknower
Heres a thinker for you: Rabbit hole and door. What is at the bottom of Zion. I would like to see some responses.

maul's woman
What does this have to do with Smith?

maul's woman
Well Happy Kine, programs never get tired. They can get corrupted, but not tired. But I don't play video games so I don't know in what direction that story is heading. I have not seen it.

turin
well the game follows the movie perfectly but it includes some info that was missing from the movie. it also has a nice preview for revolutions at the end of it.

happy kine
yes they don't get tired but when a program is in a human mind and an emp goes off the program pry gets scrambled... hence the coma...

trav6612
SO Smith is a program, we know a little bit about him, biut the coma bit would also make Neo a program, what program is he, or better yet, what is his directive?

turin
why would the program get scrambled, after all now that it is in the mind wouldnt it run like a mind does and a mind doesnt get scrambled by an EMP

happy kine
my guess would be because the hole in the back of the head they use is an electronic device and this is how smith is able to control bane... when the device on the back of their head get shut down no one not "jacked in" would notice but if there was a program in you head it would be using that device... maybe... perhaps...

neo i think is a hybrid program and i think it happend after he died in the first one

maul's woman
A Program imbedded in a human mind is snafu'ed when an EMP burst goes off and the human mind is in a coma? Not a coma... the A.I. put it in "sleep mode" to resemble coma for those to see who are existing the Zion level of the Matrix. Program softwares cannot be imbedded into the mind unless the brain has been wetwired (sp?). But even then it is not truly a part of the biological mind.

esentinel
I wondered that too. I think Smith is gay and he wants Neo. Is that too far off?

JediHDM
smith only wanted the Zion mainframe codes because he hated being in the Matrix, he was surrounded by virus', as it were. Now that he is 'free', however, it doesn't concern him. besides, it is exactly as smith said it in reloaded..."We've come to take from you what you tried to take from us...purpose"

((The_Anomaly))
Smith is the equation trying to balance itself out....he is neo, his opposite, his negative.....in reality he is the system trying to compensate for neo......his purpose is to balance the anomaly in the system....which is what he says "were not her because were free were here because were not free, there is no escaping reason, no denying purpose because as we both know without purpose, we would not exist"

<<Solo>>
Exactly.What he^ said.

Numo
Well he can talk. Looking down on humans for being a virus after what he does to people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.