Can Dooku ragdoll Vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Obi-Wan Kenobi is a shadow of his former self by the time of A New Hope, and Kenobi in his prime (Revenge of the Sith) gets anally destroyed by Dooku in telekinesis -- or, at least, is quite clearly the inferior in that regard.

Some believe Vader is inferior to Ben Kenobi in the Force by A New Hope, or at least not superior to any notable degree that it would be relevant in a combative scenario.

So given what was laid out, do you think the powerscaling would look somewhat like this: Dooku > RotS Kenobi > ANH Kenobi > Darth Vader in the Force? Actually, seeing as how the gap between Dooku and RotS Kenobi is likely decently large, and "shadow of his former self" implies a pretty large disparity in ability, it actual may look something like this: Dooku >> RotS Kenobi >> ANH Kenobi ~ ANH Vader.

Do you think Dooku can make Darth Vader as of A New Hope his ***** with the Force? Why or why not? And please, no trolling posts, as this is a very serious thread aimed at a legitimate discussion. Thank you.

Deronn_solo
-_-

DarthAnt66
Is this for Canon or Legends?

Emperordmb
ANH Kenobi>>Vader in the Force, did you not pay attention to the Force tiers in the previous thread?

Obviously Dooku>>ROTS Kenobi>>ANH Kenobi>>ANH Vader, or in simpler terms Dooku>>>>>>Vader

And this makes logical sense. Sure Vader has monstrous TK feats, and threw down with Galen who redirected a Star Destroyer, but that doesn't matter, because Riva Anu achieved the much greater feat of holding up a massive cruiser. With that in mind, Riva Anu is way inferior to any member of the Jedi council, some of whom are considerably beneath Obi-Wan, so again this continues to make sense. Especially when you consider that Dooku threw around several star destroyer sized ships casually, and was evenly matched with Yoda in a Force fight, who evenly matched Sidious, who in turn could solo an infinite army of Vaders.

So there's three lines of logic:
1. Dooku ragdolled ROTS Kenobi whose much more powerful than ANH Kenobi whose much more powerful than Vader
2. Vader's TK feats are only enough to match Galen who can only redirect one Star Destroyer with all of his effort, while Dooku can casually throw around several star destroyer sized ships at once. Vader is better suggested to be Sub-Riva Anu level, who doesn't even scratch Jedi Council level like Obi-Wan.
3. Dooku matched Yoda, proving he's near Yoda/Sidious level in the Force, which is enough to solo an infinite army of Vaders.

Thus, the obvious holistic intent is that Dooku shits on Vader in the Force so hard that if he had unlimited staminia he could solo an infinite army of Vaders.

Kurk
No b/c of EU vs canon conflicts.

Though I would love to think that Dooku could....

UCanShootMyNova
Of course.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Emperordmb
ANH Kenobi>>Vader in the Force, did you not pay attention to the Force tiers in the previous thread?

Obviously Dooku>>ROTS Kenobi>>ANH Kenobi>>ANH Vader, or in simpler terms Dooku>>>>>>Vader

And this makes logical sense. Sure Vader has monstrous TK feats, and threw down with Galen who redirected a Star Destroyer, but that doesn't matter, because Riva Anu achieved the much greater feat of holding up a massive cruiser. With that in mind, Riva Anu is way inferior to any member of the Jedi council, some of whom are considerably beneath Obi-Wan, so again this continues to make sense. Especially when you consider that Dooku threw around several star destroyer sized ships casually, and was evenly matched with Yoda in a Force fight, who evenly matched Sidious, who in turn could solo an infinite army of Vaders.

So there's three lines of logic:
1. Dooku ragdolled ROTS Kenobi whose much more powerful than ANH Kenobi whose much more powerful than Vader
2. Vader's TK feats are only enough to match Galen who can only redirect one Star Destroyer with all of his effort, while Dooku can casually throw around several star destroyer sized ships at once. Vader is better suggested to be Sub-Riva Anu level, who doesn't even scratch Jedi Council level like Obi-Wan.
3. Dooku matched Yoda, proving he's near Yoda/Sidious level in the Force, which is enough to solo an infinite army of Vaders.

Thus, the obvious holistic intent is that Dooku shits on Vader in the Force so hard that if he had unlimited staminia he could solo an infinite army of Vaders. I agree. Why disregard Rivi-Anu's feat as a retarded one-off in a retarded, exaggerated medium when we could use that one feat as the foundation of our desperate agendas?

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Emperordmb
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I agree. Why disregard Rivi-Anu's feat as a retarded one-off in a retarded, exaggerated medium when we could use that one feat as the foundation of our desperate agendas?
The real question is why is Mundi such a dick? He's obviously more powerful than Rivi and is a member of the Jedi council, so since he scales significantly off of her, surely he could've actually succeeded in bolstering her efforts to the extent that they could move the star destroyer away from themselves or redirect it, but no, Mundi kept his republic cruiser holding up+ levels of power to himself and let Rivi die when obviously any council member of that era could've saved her.

I mean shit, he let Rivi Anu think he needed saving when he could've just held it up on his own most likely effectively enough to save both of their lives... which kinda makes me wonder why Rivi Anu is so stupid. Why is she so stupid? It's obvious that if that is her standard level of power and the council members are above her they hold access to telekinetic power greater than this at all times, so what kinda weird mental gymnastics did she have to do to convince herself Mundi was in danger if Mundi obviously has this level of telekinetic power?

DarthAnt66
It seems clear to me that this wasn't a serious thread, but rather created for a couple members to passively aggressively rant about a Jedi padawan. mmm

Emperordmb
The fact that you think a thread titled "Can Dooku Ragdoll Vader" has potential to be a serious thread, and that your answer depends on if it's canon or legends seriously worries me.

DarthAnt66
It obviously not serious, but a case could be made, and probably won, that Lucas' Vader would suffer the same fate as Kenobi.

Obviously the Legends authors and the new heads of Disney wouldn't have that though.

NewGuy01
So much stupid in one thread. Dooku isn't stronger in the Force than Obi-Wan, he was just faster in that particular instance; Kenobi could have easily blocked it.

The real chain is:

RotS Kenobi >> ANH Kenobi >> Darth Vader >/= Count Dooku

Geistalt
lolno.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Dooku isn't stronger in the Force than Obi-Wan, he was just faster in that particular instance; Kenobi could have easily blocked it. This is sarcasm, right?

edit: 97% sure ur joking but i can never tell with u sas

SunRazer
About as sarcastic as you were being earlier on.

|King Joker|
Whaaaaattt?? I'm dead serious, Nova.

SunRazer
As Sas said, your chain gets broken by the fact that the junior novel makes it oh-so-obvious that Obi-Wan could've stopped the Count's TK. It was just too sudden.

Come on, man.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by SunRazer
As Sas said, your chain gets broken by the fact that the junior novel makes it oh-so-obvious that Obi-Wan could've stopped the Count's TK. It was just too sudden.

Come on, man. Yeah, you're probably right. Kenobi attempting to counter Dooku definitely means he would have successfully, it's just that my double standards are preventing me from really understanding that. I'm sorry, guys. I'll try better next time. sad

SunRazer
Yeah, you're probably right. Kenobi attempting to counter Dooku definitely means he would have successfully, it's just that my double standards are preventing me from really understanding that. I'm sorry, guys. I'll try better next time. sad

Two's better than one. So keep the double standards.

I mean, we all know Obi-Wan's more powerful than Dooku. Remember that time he ended the fight with Dooku by using Push?

|King Joker|
Two's better than one. So keep the double standards.

I mean, we all know Obi-Wan's more powerful than Dooku. Remember that time he ended the fight with Dooku by using Push? Yeah. The thing is, since that video game came out more recently than RotS, I'd say that it's probably a better representation of Kenobi's standing next to Dooku. Also, it was presumably made by TCW team, and TCW is in charge of canon now basically, so honestly, prime Kenobi should realistically ragdoll Dooku. He only didn't in RotS because Dooku is a very fast man. Unfairly fast. It was a fluke. Doesn't count.

SunRazer
Yeah. The thing is, since that video game came out more recently than RotS, I'd say that it's probably a better representation of Kenobi's standing next to Dooku. Also, it was presumably made by TCW team, and TCW is in charge of canon now basically, so honestly, prime Kenobi should realistically ragdoll Dooku. He only didn't in RotS because Dooku is a very fast man. Unfairly fast. It was a fluke. Doesn't count.

You got it. smile

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It seems clear to me that this wasn't a serious thread, but rather created for a couple members to passively aggressively rant about a Jedi padawan. mmm
wasn't she a knight?

NewGuy01
Who?

Trocity
Rivi-Anu, and yes she was.

UCanShootMyNova
97% sure ur joking but i can never tell with u sas

The same 97% that Revan absorbed of Vitiate's lightning? smile

SunRazer
lol

ILS
The real question is, why is DMB okay with feats until he's not okay with feats? He spends plenty of time making fun of Rivi, yet I don't think it'd be outside the realms of possibility that if Bane had replicated her feat, DMB's entire street would drown in his semen.

cs_zoltan
Well damn, I've been proven wrong.

Didn't think KMC could get any saltier.

SunRazer
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Well damn, I've been proven wrong.

Didn't think KMC could get any saltier.

Might as well take that. It would be virtually impossible to have you admit that you were wrong in any other thread. smile

cs_zoltan
Lmao says the c-unt who can't even concede the most insignificant things, like whether his post was a hyperbole or not, or was his post poorly phrased or not laughing out loud

PS:

I admit, I haven't heared some of the arguments you just made here, which are a far cry from "he didn't so he can't" used a long time ago. And they actually line up with my own arguments for Kenobi, so I'm willing to entertain them smile

But we all must have are delusions, right?

SunRazer
Is this the Traya feat thing? If so, explain it to me, because I'm listening.

As I recall, I said "Traya did to Brianna what Yoda did to Saesee, Plo and Depa", later clarifying that the "avoiding all their strikes easily without even seeming to move" was what I referred to. Just where is the hyperbole in that?

Also, I conceded the phrasing in the other thread, lol. I then said that I clarified it and we were wasting time, but you weren't willing to run without having more jabs. smile

cs_zoltan
How about we don't reignite by far the most irrelevant debate in KMC history?

SunRazer
Wise.

We'll keep it at Dooku ragdolling Obi-Wan smile

cs_zoltan
Glad you brought that up.

Spot the difference:

Except the text makes it abundantly clear, why Kenobi failed to counter it:

"He reached for the Force to counter Dooku, but the attack had been too sudden.
--Revenge of the Sith junior novel

It's because the attack was too fast. Not because it was too powerful, or too powerful and too fast. Just too fast. If the writer wanted to convey that Dooku is too powerful for Kenobi to counter the choke, then he would've worded it accordingly.

It means that Vader recognizes Ben's deterioration in skill moreso than his power growth, lol. If the power growth made up for it, then Vader would be recognizing that, instead of the deterioration in skill. It's blindingly obvious as to what's more prevalent here. You're in a desperate state of denial right now and you can't even admit it.

That's like saying the passage says there's two separate boxes, but it doesn't say there's one box plus another box, so you're making a blatant assumption and twisting the meaning of the quote.

SunRazer
Yep. The surprise is more prevalent, naturally, which is why it gets the spotlight. Doesn't mean the other factor (that Dooku was just powerful enough to do it) was nonexistent.

Anyway, you're comparing an instance in which two factors are working together to an instance in which two factors are working against each other. Makes no sense. erm

cs_zoltan
For someone who constantly arguing about on-offs it's pretty hypocritical from you that you don't hold the same standard here laughing out loud

But that sums up your debating pretty well smile

Anyhow, let's see what we have:

1. Kenobi is a threat to Dooku.
2. The junior novel only attributes Dooku victory to his speed.
3. The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader also only notes Dooku's speed.

If Dooku is so much more powerful than Kenobi that he can dominate him any time, then maybe they'd attribute his victory to powergap between them. And maybe if Dooku can ragdoll the shit out of Kenobi then he's not a threat...

MythLord
Originally posted by ILS
The real question is, why is DMB okay with feats until he's not okay with feats? He spends plenty of time making fun of Rivi, yet I don't think it'd be outside the realms of possibility that if Bane had replicated her feat, DMB's entire street would drown in his semen.

Rivi-Anu is an unknown from an exaggerated medium, whereas Bane is known from a subdued medium by the wonderfully subtle Drew Karpyshin, obviously.

Like, it's OK to accept a Sith apprentice with rushed training being worth thousands of soldiers(essentially making them army busters), but not OK to assume a Jedi Knight at the Order's prime, in a state of desperation, can hold up a falling ship for three seconds.

SunRazer
@Zoltan - It's good to see that you're not trying to harp this double-standard crap because you know I applied the same logic in both cases above.

1. That's a very vague quote. Kyle Katarn was a "threat" to Caedus, who could dispose of him remarkably quickly. You'd be surprised at how easily you can threaten someone.

Also, doesn't the quote refer to Obi-Wan coming from Dooku's behind?

2. No, it attributes it to Obi-Wan not expecting the attack. There's more reasons than just speed for not expecting the attack.

3. Yes, it does.

The film and script suggest that Dooku overpowered his defenses. The website and TCSWE also attribute Dooku's ragdolling of Obi-Wan to Dooku being "formidable".

ILS
Originally posted by MythLord
Rivi-Anu is an unknown from an exaggerated medium, whereas Bane is known from a subdued medium by the wonderfully subtle Drew Karpyshin, obviously.

Like, it's OK to accept a Sith apprentice with rushed training being worth thousands of soldiers(essentially making them army busters), but not OK to assume a Jedi Knight at the Order's prime, in a state of desperation, can hold up a falling ship for three seconds. Ah f*ck, true.

Gotta concede. thumb up

For real tho, I'm aware Rivi-Anu is unjustifiable lunacy, but I don't really get to choose where to draw the line for what an "outlier" is for anyone other than myself. Nor does DMB.

We all operate under the "best feat possible" analysis, sans external amps and what not. It's the definition of double standards not to accept a feat at face value when you are trying your hardest to make Bane as impressive as possible by merit of feats.

cs_zoltan
1. That's a very vague quote. Kyle Katarn was a "threat" to Caedus, who could dispose of him remarkably quickly. You'd be surprised at how easily you can threaten someone.

Lmao, how is it a vague quote? If you can dispose of someone with a flick of a wrist anytime, anywhere then he's not a threat. The quote is from Dooku's prespective who refuses to give any credit to anyone beside himself and Sidious. So yeah it's pretty legit.

And I don't care about the Katarn quote (especially not without context) because the NJO is less consistant than Hillary's presidential campaign. If you want to bring shit tier NJO quotes into this then Ben > DE Sidious.

Also, doesn't the quote refer to Obi-Wan coming from Dooku's behind?

No confused

2. No, it attributes it to Obi-Wan not expecting the attack. There's more reasons than just speed for not expecting the attack.

Quote says otherwise. Besides if you want to roll with Kenobi not expecting it that still leaves the feat as an opportune ragdoll not total domination, as Joker said.

3. Yes, it does.

Glad you agree.

The film and script suggest that Dooku overpowered his defenses. The website and TCSWE also attribute Dooku's ragdolling of Obi-Wan to Dooku being "formidable".

The film suggest nothing, without an explanation a screenplay can't distinguish an opportune ragdoll vs overpowering ragdoll (unless someone chokes another person for a prolonged period, which doesn't happen here).

Quote for the script?

Being formidable is no proof he overpowered his defenses instead of taking the opportunity laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
I'm too lazy to read through the posts, but what was Nova's rebuttal to Kenobi defending against Dooku's TK in S6, if it was brought up?

Rockydonovang
I'm too lazy to read through the posts, but what was Nova's rebuttal to Kenobi defending against Dooku's TK in S6, if it was brought up?
he had anakin's help, and the blast wasn't aimed solely at them. But its interesting that both are pushed the same distance(it sstill a vastly pre prime anakin though)

DarthAnt66
Based on what? The visuals don't convey that.

Watching it again makes me inclined to believe they both defended themselves from the attack using Canon's version of Force barrier. What you're suggesting seems like a Force bubble, which I haven't seen used in The Clone Wars and wouldn't make sense because there are aliens right behind Kenobi and Skywalker that were affected.

UCanShootMyNova
But we all must have are delusions, right?

It's "our" you brain dead fugg boi. smile

Azronger
No, he can't.

Rockydonovang
Based on what? The visuals don't convey that.

Watching it again makes me inclined to believe they both defended themselves from the attack using Canon's version of Force barrier. What you're suggesting seems like a Force bubble, which I haven't seen used in The Clone Wars and wouldn't make sense because there are aliens right behind Kenobi and Skywalker that were affected.
Yes they both defended themselves vs the attack with atheir own barriers, but the attack was split between the two of them. Neither were taking the full power of the attack.

Kurk
He'd win solidly though not ragdoll

NTJack0
Not even in his dreams.

SunRazer
Lmao, how is it a vague quote? If you can dispose of someone with a flick of a wrist anytime, anywhere then he's not a threat. The quote is from Dooku's prespective who refuses to give any credit to anyone beside himself and Sidious. So yeah it's pretty legit.

And I don't care about the Katarn quote (especially not without context) because the NJO is less consistant than Hillary's presidential campaign. If you want to bring shit tier NJO quotes into this then Ben > DE Sidious.

You're referring to the novel? What's the quote in question? I Ctrl+F'd "threat" on my PDF version and didn't find anything. I am aware of a sourcebook claiming that Obi-Wan was a threat.

There wasn't any context. It was just Katarn's better than the other three and he's a threat.

"Too sudden" does not necessarily mean speed. What was Joker's actual argument in that other thread? He's just trolling in this one.

Well, the movie has Dooku and Obi-Wan clashing blades, and then the Choke, as opposed to Dooku turning around and just Choking Obi-Wan before he could even get to him in the junior novel.

If Obi-Wan is still surprised by a Force attack right after he's clashing blades with Dooku, then frankly, we should start arguing that characters can ragdoll Obi-Wan on the basis of speed as opposed to power. smile

Although I'm not seeing how Dooku's ragdoll was different from most other ragdolls, anyway. Obi-Wan trying to counter the technique might be him trying to use the anti-Choke technique (the one that Ant brought up a few months ago) as opposed to his Force defenses being lowered for no reason. So as far as actually ragdolling on the basis of bypassing somebody's Force defenses go, then Dooku's doing just that.

It's just this:

There's no mention of surprise, at least. You can say it's ambiguous, but then there's always Occam's Razor.

Well, if you want to play the definition game like you always do, there's a definition for formidable relating to being "impressively powerful".

Rockydonovang
if we're going by the source book that says kenobi wa a threat, ragdolling kenobi did drain him, but he still ragdolled kenobi

|King Joker|
If Obi-Wan is still surprised by a Force attack right after he's clashing blades with Dooku, then frankly, we should start arguing that characters can ragdoll Obi-Wan on the basis of speed as opposed to power. smile yes

TheIndyJedi
Could be the other way round lmfao

CactusJoe
https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/3w2MWDX.png @ zoltan defending kenobi at very opportunity

RealistRacism
He probably can, yeah.

Geistalt
One thing is clear:

ANH Vader cannot ragdoll ANH Kenobi.

Geistalt
Shit; I just realized that means ANH Kenobi >> starved, exhausted Starkiller.

DarthCaedus77
Not in his wildest, most glorious fantasies.

RealistRacism
Originally posted by Geistalt
Shit; I just realized that means ANH Kenobi >> starved, exhausted Starkiller.
I mean... That's not really a revelation.

DarthCaedus77
Yes he was so exhausted, not like drawing off love and rage could have restored him to peak levels when it already happened earlier in the novel under conditions less likely to provide that emotion boost and after thirteen days of torture. But continue to live in fantasy world I guess.

Jaggarath
The raw arrogance, lmao. I love it.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by Jaggarath
The raw arrogance, lmao. I love it.

My general attitude lol, sorry if it gets annoying during our debate.

Jaggarath

TheIndyJedi
Seriously though this thread is funny

TheIndyJedi
The fact that people think Dooku can ragnoll Kenobi in normal circumstances.

DarthCaedus77

DarthCaedus77
Now a better question is whether Vader can ragdoll Dooku and the answer is yes, with ease too.

CuckedCurry
Why is Vader not capable of ragdolling RoTJ Luke?

Anyone that forgets their own account name should be never be listened to, tbh

TenebrousWay
Dooku dismantles him and his armor.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by CuckedCurry
Why is Vader not capable of ragdolling RoTJ Luke?

Anyone that forgets their own account name should be never be listened to, tbh

1.Luke was rage amped throughout the whole fight except for when he was resting.

2.We've been over this I forgot when I mentioned my CV ccount not my actual accout LMFAO.

CuckedCurry

DarthCaedus77

CuckedCurry

Beelzebub
Originally posted by DarthCaedus77
not like drawing off love and rage could have restored him to peak levels when it already happened earlier in the novel

?

Care to elaborate?

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by Beelzebub
?

Care to elaborate?

I covered most of this in my debate with Ant on the Sidious V Malak thread.

Beelzebub

Want to link the thread?

DarthCaedus77
Want to link the thread?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=657265&pagenumber=4

Jaggarath
Want to link the thread?
I plan on handling it tomorrow.

DarthCaedus77
I plan on handling it tomorrow.

With you and Skillz on my back plus Maths revision and CAV posts one of the debates is going to have to go, but which one. Probably our debate on Marek, HP can handle it or Ell. BTW you still good for our talk or no?

RealistRacism
People actually studied when they were 14? I'm impressed, tbh.

Jaggarath
With you and Skillz on my back plus Maths revision and CAV posts one of the debates is going to have to go, but which one. Probably our debate on Marek, HP can handle it or Ell. BTW you still good for our talk or no?
Definitely, but I forget the time we planned. I have classes until 3:30 tomorrow.

Beelzebub

As far as I can tell your claim is as follows:

Because Starkiller says that he "feels stronger then ever" after having finally gotten some rest after 13 days without food, water or sleep

and after having freed himself from Vader's grasp, now able to go find the woman he loves,

this somehow equates to Starkiller being able to replenish his reserves simply by THINKING about Juno

despite the fact that he struggled to accomplish feats that would have required a FRACTION of his power if he was at full capacity ( struggling to lift a ship when his weaker template destroyed skyhook supports casually before his prime )

when making his way through Kamino where all his thoughts were directed towards making his way to Juno.

---

Do I have all that straight or is there something I'm missing?

Jaggarath
As far as I can tell your claim is as follows:

Because Starkiller says that he "feels stronger then ever" after having finally gotten some rest after 13 days without food, water or sleep and after having freed himself from Vader's grasp, now able to go find the woman he loves,

this somehow equates to Starkiller being able to replenish his reserves simply by THINKING about Juno

despite the fact that he struggled to accomplish feats that would have required a FRACTION of his power if he was at full capacity ( struggling to lift a ship when his weaker template destroyed skyhook supports casually before his prime )

when making his way through Kamino where the entire all his thoughts were directed towards making his way to Juno.

---

Do I have all that straight or is there something I'm missing?
Raised all those points in my first post to him. thumb up

Beelzebub
Jesus...

DarthCaedus77
Definitely, but I forget the time we planned. I have classes until 3:30 tomorrow.

We were originally going to make it 3 but we can change it to 4.

DarthCaedus77
Jesus...

Either I'm really bad at expressing my points or your just missing what I actually said.

Freedon Nadd
Specifically movie versions?

Beelzebub
Either I'm really bad at expressing my points or your just missing what I actually said.

Well I did I ask you if I missed anything in my above interpretation. Feel free to clarify if you want.

DarthCaedus77
Give me a bit, doing homework and after I've got a rebuttal to write for Skillz.

DarthCaedus77
Maybe tomorrow?

Beelzebub
Sure. Anytime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.