Hercules vs. Captain Marvel (Billy )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
This is Marvel's immortal Herc, the fight takes place in Manhattan,
No powers used for Billy other than strength and endurance, who wins?

lawest9
This is pre NUDC Cap.

riv6672
Herc might outfight him, but the power of Zeus (imo) infuses CM with more than 'Hercules level' strength., and cant be turned off, so that gives him an edge in strength.

zopzop
I don't know. People assume Billy more or less = to Superman which is false. He's an entire tier below him (at least). He's more WW (sans any upgrades like God of War) level.

I'm going with Hercules on this. Hell even if Billy used his lightening it shouldn't work on Herc. It was shown that even Mortal Herc is immune to it because of his connection to Zeus.

abhilegend
Uh no? Cap stomps.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zopzop

I'm going with Hercules on this. Hell even if Billy used his lightening it shouldn't work on Herc. It was shown that even Mortal Herc is immune to it because of his connection to Zeus.

really? if so that's pretty cool. where was this shown

riv6672
I don't know. People assume Billy more or less = to Superman which is false. He's an entire tier below him (at least). He's more WW (sans any upgrades like God of War) level.

Unsure anout that second part; disagree with that first part.

Delta1938

Hercules is a tier below Captain Marvel as well. Superman is above Captain Marvel, but Cap is still closer to him than Superman.

I don't think that necessarily means anything for DC Zeus, at least for a forum fight without any precedence. Although that's not relevant as that was disqualified in the OP.

leonidas
traditionally, marvel was possessed of the strength of hercules. with the altered origin of his powers i don't know that he is any stronger. i'd need proof to believe he is. if not, their strength should be about even unless you think dc herc>>marvel herc, which i don't. again, if you do feel that way, i'd love to see proof to show the difference. if there are no other powers at play at all, i'd take herc simply because of the skill advantage. abc logic falls short in this case. all powers in play, marvel wins.

not sure where you get that herc is immune to lightning though zop--he's been ko'd at least twice i can recall by thor's lightning--maybe 3 times now that i think about it....

abhilegend
Cap is a rival to Superman in strength. Hercules is a rival to Thor.

There is at least one level in between.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
really? if so that's pretty cool. where was this shown Originally posted by leonidas
not sure where you get that herc is immune to lightning though zop--he's been ko'd at least twice i can recall by thor's lightning--maybe 3 times now that i think about it....
It was Mortal Hercules and he was fighting Storm and a few others. She blasted him with lightening and he just laughed it off saying " I'm a bit surprised, myself. But now that I think about it...what moron would try to tame the son of Zeus with fire from heaven? My father IS the lightning!"
Here we go, Hercules Spider Island -
http://tinyurl.com/jpawotc

https://s29.postimg.org/imep82edf/spidermanhercules12.jpg https://s29.postimg.org/691v15ooz/spidermanhercules13.jpg

h1a8
It was Mortal Hercules and he was fighting Storm and a few others. She blasted him with lightening and he just laughed it off saying " I'm a bit surprised, myself. But now that I think about it...what moron would try to tame the son of Zeus with fire from heaven? My father IS the lightning!"

https://s29.postimg.org/imep82edf/spidermanhercules12.jpg https://s29.postimg.org/691v15ooz/spidermanhercules13.jpg He was shown affected. Look at his face and body posture. Someone can smack the shit out of me and I feel the pain and then laugh it off. Doesn't mean I wasn't affected.

h1a8
Captain Marvel often appears somewhat stronger and more durable than Hercules. Just on average.
For example, matching BA. BA is definitely stronger than Hercules through feats.

CosmicComet
Is speed equalized?

lawest9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Is speed equalized? CM has his speed but no flying allowed for this match.

Sin I AM

https://s29.postimg.org/imep82edf/spidermanhercules12.jpg https://s29.postimg.org/691v15ooz/spidermanhercules13.jpg

He looked affected to me. Thor also got him off him with lightning in that classic fight

DarkSaint85
Herc was also amped there, just saying.

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend
Cap is a rival to Superman in strength. Hercules is a rival to Thor.

There is at least one level in between.

meh, depends on how you view rival. cm/supes are rivals when they go head-to-head sure, but by feats supes is WELL above marvel. the same would likely be the case were superman in marvel and fought hulk, or thor. head-to-head they would likely be very close (as they appeared to be in the avengers/jla) but by feats it's not close (at least with thor). depends on where you place more stock--direct battles between them, or extraneous feats. i'd contend that if they fought directly there would be almost no difference between cm and herc (similar to thor and cm in dc vs marvel--the best, most accurately depicted battle in that silly series imo) in terms of strength even though cm likely has better feats (though holding the heavens is a good one....)

of course the OP says no other powers, but now he says cm has his speed so that would be enough advantage to give cm a vast majority, so, meh.

leonidas

that wasn't standard herc though i don't think..... and tehre is still a lot more proof to suggest he CAN be harmed by lightning than the other way around. we'd need to see a later, more current depiction of him against lightning to see what marvel is really going for imo.

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas
meh, depends on how you view rival. cm/supes are rivals when they go head-to-head sure, but by feats supes is WELL above marvel. the same would likely be the case were superman in marvel and fought hulk, or thor. head-to-head they would likely be very close (as they appeared to be in the avengers/jla) but by feats it's not close (at least with thor). depends on where you place more stock--direct battles between them, or extraneous feats. i'd contend that if they fought directly there would be almost no difference between cm and herc (similar to thor and cm in dc vs marvel--the best, most accurately depicted battle in that silly series imo) in terms of strength even though cm likely has better feats (though holding the heavens is a good one....)

of course the OP says no other powers, but now he says cm has his speed so that would be enough advantage to give cm a vast majority, so, meh.

At the end of the day, this is all just your opinion. Not facts but your opinion.

lawest9

of course the OP says no other powers, but now he says cm has his speed so that would be enough advantage to give cm a vast majority, so, meh. Cap has speed interns of his hand speed and reflexes which still doesn't make him impossible to hit.

Galan007

https://s29.postimg.org/imep82edf/spidermanhercules12.jpg https://s29.postimg.org/691v15ooz/spidermanhercules13.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wGLWEZTm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/YNCjCZLm.jpg

....ermmnone

DarkSaint85
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/62144/1888146-thunderbolt_1.jpg

Maybe it's magic lightning that hurts him.

If only we had that.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/wGLWEZTm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/YNCjCZLm.jpg

....ermmnone
Newer showings override older ones no? The Spider Island incident happened more recently. Also, the second one was his own father attacking him.

Galan007
Eh, wut? The scans I posted = the same scene: Thor zapping Herc.

Zeus had nothing to do with Thor's lightning attack there -- he simply refused to stop it. He wanted Herc to get smacked down. thumb up

riv6672

Yeah, between the speed and the power of Zeus which adds to his overall strength/durability, CM should get a majority.

Sin I AM
It actually was a good showing for herc because iirc and do correct me if im wrong herc had Thor at his mercy a panel earlier

leonidas
yeah, thor was going down because of herc's superior skill, but thor always has the lightning. masterson thor has also put herc down with lightning at least twice.

newer showings are typically more valid zop, but in this case, since it's only happened the one time, it may just have been a one-time deal decided on by that writer. that's why i for one would need to see it happen again before calling it valid. it does make some sense though. wish someone would have thought of that sooner and made it stick.

h1a8
But Hercules was affected by Storm's lightning. I guess since he wasn't koed or killed this is a good feat?

Zack M
Billy.

abhilegend

They did not appear close in JLA/Avengers at all. Superman straight up overpowered Thor in terms of strength. That does not occurs between peers.

Thor and Hercules are a level below Superman and Cap in strength.

Delta1938
They did not appear close in JLA/Avengers at all. Superman straight up overpowered Thor in terms of strength. That does not occurs between peers.

There's no way this can end in anything but a civil and respectful discussion. vin

riv6672
Yeah, no shit. Havent seen a good abhi Superman related thread derailment this year...

Genii96
Hercules will hand it to him if marvel goes for a slugfest. But Hercules is quite limited. Lightning should put this to an advantage towards marvel

leonidas

i actually have no issue with saying superman is above herc and thoir. by feats though, he is also well above marvel, and he is the one being discussed. i agree herc/thor and cm are all at ww level, as has been mostly born out in appearances. that said, my initial point stands--this would be enormously close using just strength. all powers in cm wins.

carver9

Overpowered? Scans. Also, didn't Thor at one point fight both Superman and Martian Manhunter and held his own?

Philosophía

On that note - I'm willing to bet , that Superman will be consistently portrayed as physically superior to Shazam, and only magic shortening the gap. I think the emphasis on magic for the Shazam family will only get more pronounced, and they will stray away a bit from the 'physical powerhouses' that they were portrayed before .

I mean, just a few examples:
Pre-Flashpoint Superman has beaten Flashpoint Captain Marvel conclusively.
Ultraman has beaten Black Adam rather fiercely.
DCEU Online trailer shows Superman brutalizing Black Adam, again, conclusively.
New52 Superman seemed to be the favorite against Captain Marvel once he got serious, and the general portrayal in-Universe is that he is the strongest, by far.
etc.

I think the pendulum started swinging the more ground Wonder Woman started to gain - I don't think she will ever, from now on, be portrayed as inferior to Shazam/Black Adam in strength. Some of it may be due to her status as 'most prominent female symbol in DC', some of it maybe be because her origin was literally defined as 'as strong/stronger than Hercules' which, as Kurt Busiek alluded in a forum, should put her higher than him, but the main point is, the hierarchy in strength, I think is moving more towards:

Superman
~definite gap~
Wonder Woman >= Captain Marvel~Black Adam

But, back to the thread, even if they're rough peers in strength, Captain Marvel is still much faster, and much more durable, than Hercules.

TethAdamTheRock
DC Hercules already lost to Captain Marvel and DC Herc > Marvel so....

TethAdamTheRock
DC Hercules already lost to Captain Marvel and DC Herc > Marvel so....

leonidas
@phil:

i agree 100% with the bulk of your post, especially the first part of what i quoted. thumb up

as for the thread--it was initially no powers except strength (and i assumed durability for cm) so speed wasn't an issue. with it in play it is def cm's fight. i agree cm has the durability advantage, but i'd still take herc in fight a without speed because i think he's more skilled. be close though.

lawest9
Billy has the physical advantages.

abhilegend
i actually have no issue with saying superman is above herc and thoir. by feats though, he is also well above marvel, and he is the one being discussed. i agree herc/thor and cm are all at ww level, as has been mostly born out in appearances. that said, my initial point stands--this would be enormously close using just strength. all powers in cm wins.
By feats Superman is well above anybody. But Cap is one of the few rivals he had in the past.

Thor/Hercules were always Wonder Woman level at best.

JBL
By feats Superman is well above anybody. But Cap is one of the few rivals he had in the past.

Thor/Hercules were always Wonder Woman level at best. WW level? Lol. Superman is well above anybody? Lol. They are ALL in the same strength class.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
WW level? Lol. Superman is well above anybody? Lol. They are ALL in the same strength class.
Again, maybe in your dreams.

zopzop
Strength wise :
Superman
Thor = Hercules

Wonder Woman/Captain Marvel

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Captain Marvel often appears somewhat stronger and more durable than Hercules. Just on average.
For example, matching BA. BA is definitely stronger than Hercules through feats.

Through fts, Hercules is stronger than Adam.

carver9

No, he isn't.

abhilegend
Strength wise :
Superman
Thor = Hercules

Haha, no. Diana is right up there and Cap is stronger than her.Originally posted by carver9
No, he isn't.
Of course he is.Originally posted by carver9
Through fts, Hercules is stronger than Adam.
What feats?

celeyhyga17

hysterical

krisblaze
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
hysterical

Hes right.

carver9
Haha, no. Diana is right up there and Cap is stronger than her.
Of course he is.
What feats?

No, he really isn't.

Herc fts.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
No, he really isn't.

Herc fts.
Again, what feats?Originally posted by celeyhyga17
hysterical
Hey, you want the drubbing again?

carver9
Again, what feats?

Let's start small. Holding together New York when it was split in half.

abhilegend
Let's start small. Holding together New York when it was split in half.
I don't give a shit to such showings. I asked about strength feats from fights.

zopzop
I don't give a shit to such showings. I asked about strength feats from fights.
In carver's defense, Hercules has some great fights to his name. He's gone up against Thor and Hulk (multiple times) and they couldn't put him down. It was suggested that he could have stopped WWH himself if he actually fought back.

celeyhyga17
Again, what feats?
Alternate reality acting up again?

abhilegend
In carver's defense, Hercules has some great fights to his name. He's gone up against Thor and Hulk (multiple times) and they couldn't put him down. It was suggested that he could have stopped WWH himself if he actually fought back.
Cap has beaten down a team of J'onn, Diana, Kyle, Wally and Warrior Guy Gardner. Name a similar showing from Hercules.Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Alternate reality acting up again?
Nah, listen to Kris though. He knows his Thor/Hercules better than you do.

Delta1938
Cap has beaten down a team of J'onn, Diana, Kyle, Wally and Warrior Guy Gardner. Name a similar showing from Hercules.

The fight also started with Cap having his powers halved(I think it was halved, know for sure they were suppressed) and a broken arm(though his powers returned to normal I think early in the fight, and his arm healed when his powers were normal), and the others weren't mind controlled but bloodlusted from the effects of the environment.

zopzop
Cap has beaten down a team of J'onn, Diana, Kyle, Wally and Warrior Guy Gardner. Name a similar showing from Hercules.
Originally posted by Delta1938
the others weren't mind controlled but bloodlusted from the effects of the environment.
And that's the issue I have with that showing. They weren't fighting to their full potential. WW can just lasso him and command him to speak the magic word and the fight is instantly over.

Hell, Jonn could have assaulted his mind while WW mauled him and the fight would have been over without using lasso cheese.

Zack M
Black Adam who is roughly equal to Billy also fought the JSA by himself. Adam and Billy are just on another level if using their full capabilities.

deathslash
Originally posted by Zack M
Black Adam who is roughly equal to Billy also fought the JSA by himself. Adam and Billy are just on another level if using their full capabilities. Billy gets that stupid cape pulled over his head and gets kicked in the dick.

Zack M
Originally posted by deathslash
Billy gets that stupid cape pulled over his head and gets kicked in the dick.

The Marvel family are too durable for that. stick out tongue

deathslash
The Marvel family are too durable for that. stick out tongue too durable to get a cape pulled over their heads or too durable to get kicked in the dick by a high herald?

krisblaze
too durable to get a cape pulled over their heads or too durable to get kicked in the dick by a high herald?

What high herald?

Delta1938
And that's the issue I have with that showing. They weren't fighting to their full potential. WW can just lasso him and command him to speak the magic word and the fight is instantly over.

Hell, Jonn could have assaulted his mind while WW mauled him and the fight would have been over without using lasso cheese.

They were fighting pretty typical in comics, except they wanted to kill. erm He also straight up overpowered at least one of them (J'onn I remember, maybe others).

Delta1938
Originally posted by krisblaze
What high herald?

confused He seems to be saying Hercules.

celeyhyga17

Nah, listen to Kris though. He knows his Thor/Hercules better than you do.
Stay hiding.

Sin I AM
Split.

carver9
What high herald?

Hercules.

deathslash
Originally posted by Delta1938
confused He seems to be saying Hercules. Originally posted by carver9
Hercules. thumb up

Zack M
If both get their full capabilities, Billy is a better high herald. Not Hercules.

carver9
Captain Marvel is monstrous. I'll give him the edge in this fight.

deathslash
If both get their full capabilities, Billy is a better high herald. Not Hercules. good thing he isn't getting his full capabilities and herc is a dirty fighter.

Zack M
good thing he isn't getting his full capabilities and herc is a dirty fighter.

Cap still gets his speed. Can't believe you're arguing for Herc. Lmao.

deathslash
Cap still gets his speed. Can't believe you're arguing for Herc. Lmao. yeah, because herc totally didn't catch a speeding Sentry by using his stupid cape against him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zack M
yeah, because herc totally didn't catch a speeding Sentry by using his stupid cape against him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cap moves ftl.

deathslash
Cap moves ftl. so he runs into herc's foot faster than light. Glad we agree on that. thumb up

Also, serious question: do you have feats of cap actually running ftl?

abhilegend

Comics are not CBR forums. It happened, get over it.

abhilegend
Stay hiding.
laughing out loud

So you need your drubbing again, huh?Originally posted by deathslash
so he runs into herc's foot faster than light. Glad we agree on that. thumb up

Also, serious question: do you have feats of cap actually running ftl?
Black Adam has actually fought Jay Garrick at lightning speed and ran at near lightspeed.

deathslash

Black Adam has actually fought Jay Garrick at lightning speed and ran at near lightspeed. Adam isn't Billy though and their feats are not now nor should they ever be interchangeable. I'm asking for a legit feat of Billy actually running at or near that level of speed in order for it to be said that he blitzes herc with that level of speed.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

So you need your drubbing again, huh?
I dare u to make a thread(Thor/Wondy strength) in the bz section.

http://akirathedon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/superman.gif

TethAdamTheRock
Captain Marvel is definitley stronger than hercules much faster as well

I would even say more durable

carver9

We both know he isn't doing that.

celeyhyga17
wink

krisblaze
Lmao how the **** does herc stand a chance here?

iceman24567
Since when was Herc a high herald?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Strength wise :

That's only true if CM splits his power between Mary and Jr.
Else he is on the level of the average Superman.

krisblaze
Originally posted by iceman24567
Since when was Herc a high herald?

Never, ever.

celeyhyga17
Lmao how the **** does herc stand a chance here?
Originally posted by lawest9
This is Marvel's immortal Herc, the fight takes place in Manhattan,
No powers used for Billy other than strength and endurance, who wins?

panthergod
Cap stomps.

abhilegend

So you need drubbing after all. Bring it on again.

You are carver lite at this point daring people to open BZs knowing they don't have time for that.

abhilegend
Adam isn't Billy though and their feats are not now nor should they ever be interchangeable. I'm asking for a legit feat of Billy actually running at or near that level of speed in order for it to be said that he blitzes herc with that level of speed.
Cap has also raced flash at near lightspeed.

celeyhyga17
So you need drubbing after all. Bring it on again.

You are carver lite at this point daring people to open BZs knowing they don't have time for that.
You make Carver look like a truthsayer...
erm

-K-M-
Cap has also raced flash at near lightspeed.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/DCChallenge-005-19.jpg

*not running but you know speed of mercury and all

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/vyvHAj0.gif

abhilegend
You make Carver look like a truthsayer...
erm
You are quite the caver right there.

Don't worry though, someone with enough time on his hands may actually take up your challenge if you keep throwing it.

And how about you put your money where your mouth is and starting a Hercules vs Wonder Woman thread?

celeyhyga17
You are quite the caver right there.

Don't worry though, someone with enough time on his hands may actually take up your challenge if you keep throwing it.

And how about you put your money where your mouth is and starting a Hercules vs Wonder Woman thread?
Lol who said anything about Herc/Wondy? Deflecting much?

abhilegend
So you concede Hercules is Wonder Woman level in strength?

celeyhyga17
So you concede Hercules is Wonder Woman level in strength?
I'd probably put him a smidgen above.

TethAdamTheRock
Hercules gets blits

mighty adam
Cap beats him in a nice fight

abhilegend
I'd probably put him a smidgen above.
Battlezone, eh?

celeyhyga17
Battlezone, eh?
This is pretty sad...

I guess u suddenly have time.

Now since you have time, let me remind you on your bold statement.

To which I said.

Again... I'm not here to litigate for Herc seeing as I never brought him up unlike how you brought up blondie. So r u ready now?

abhilegend
This is pretty sad...

I guess u suddenly have time.

Now since you have time, let me remind you on your bold statement.

To which I said.

Again... I'm not here to litigate for Herc seeing as I never brought him up unlike how you brought up blondie. So r u ready now?
I'm simply mocking you.

But remain an idiot. I still don't have time for BZs and all that shit.

And yeah, Thor/Hercules are Wonder Woman level in strength as already seen in the comics. Get butthurt all you want, its not going to change.

thumb up

celeyhyga17
I'm simply mocking you.

But remain an idiot. I still don't have time for BZs and all that shit.

And yeah, Thor/Hercules are Wonder Woman level in strength as already seen in the comics. Get butthurt all you want, its not going to change.

thumb up
Lol.. Whatever u say. Funny you tried so hard to get me on an opinion about Herc.

Now you u dont have time again. Looks like Carvster was right all along.
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Lol.. Whatever u say. Funny you tried so hard to get me on an opinion about Herc.

Now you u dont have time again. Looks like Carvster was right all along.
laughing out loud
I don't have time for BZs since a long time. From the time of my job that is.

Remain butthurt as ever.

Philosophía
I will gladly debate Hercules vs Wonder Woman strength in a battlezone smile

My position: Hercules is not superior.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.