Mandalorian Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hutchy1345
Are there many mandalorian jedi (or force sensitives) in legends

Is now in canon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCdzJyLYu6I

Thoughts?

Zenwolf
The Force and Mandalorian have never seen eye to eye(since they referred to The Force as being tricks and not honorable or whatever), so far as Legends go...there's been none. I mean there were the Mandalorian Knights, but they just adopted their ways after breaking from the Jedi Order.

So I guess you could count them if you're not wanting those who weren't born under a Mandalorian family or whatever, but they are the only instance that I know of.

ILS
Maul's just about the only pseudo-Mandalorian Force user I've ever heard of. And I put extreme emphasis on pseudo because he only sat on the throne admiring their culture, he had nothing else to do with it.

The closest thing we have is Boba Fett, who may as well have the Force given the shit he pulls off.

You have to wonder, what's scarier than a Force user with Mandalorian combat training? There's a reason these fuggs are a legit third party in wars between Jedi and Sith without even having the Force, why Jaina went to Boba for training, and so on.

cs_zoltan
So what do they do with their force sensitives? Threw them off a mountain?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
Maul's just about the only pseudo-Mandalorian Force user I've ever heard of. And I put extreme emphasis on pseudo because he only sat on the throne admiring their culture, he had nothing else to do with it.

The closest thing we have is Boba Fett, who may as well have the Force given the shit he pulls off.

You have to wonder, what's scarier than a Force user with Mandalorian combat training? There's a reason these fuggs are a legit third party in wars between Jedi and Sith without even having the Force, why Jaina went to Boba for training, and so on.

Yeah....which is why I find the idea of Mando Jedi, much less Force User to be....ehhh.....no...they are already hard*** fighters and now Canon wants them to have Force Users because...........something? Ignoring that they have ideological differences at least Legends.

But hey New Canon is New Canon I guess.

ILS
Nah, it's a welcome addition IMO. As long as it's just one dude every so often. I don't mind assuming Mandalorions have some Force sensitives who are just so weak it's not terribly noticeable, but any more than one prodigy is overdoing it. Also curious as to why a Mando would ever join the Jedi...

cs_zoltan
Did you just censore yourself Zen?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
Nah, it's a welcome addition IMO. As long as it's just one dude every so often. I don't mind assuming Mandalorions have some Force sensitives who are just so weak it's not terribly noticeable, but any more than one prodigy is overdoing it. Also curious as to why a Mando would ever join the Jedi...

I mean it's fine for Canon, sure Force Users are fine, weak ones perhaps with heightened senses/abilities(anything more though seems kinda stretching it too far)...but a Jedi?....Yeah...I'm not sure either.

Petrus
A Force-sensitive trained Mando would be >> the average Jedi, tbh.

darthbane77
I think it'll be interesting to see what they do with it, but I'm also skeptical because there's a reason Mandalorians never became Jedi in the EU. Their ways are too hostile and warlike for the Jedi. I suppose the Mandalorians in the new canon could probably be a lot more tame than the ones in Legends, but who knows at this point.

hutchy1345
Would be cool for him to be really really powerful
But we'll probably not find out for a long long time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.