Chee Quote

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
There's a quote from Leland Chee that says any statements made in a source can be disputed, I'm assuming whether they're supposedly true or not. (I know I didn't exactly word that well, but hopefully you get what I mean) Does anybody have that quote?

NewGuy01
Sounds like something he might have said, but I don't remember anything like that in particular.

I believe he did say that the authority of works in the same canon level are determined by what's more recent, number of aligning sources, etc. though, so statements can be disputed by other statements.

darthbane77
That would make sense. A friend told me about such a quote and if it's real, it may force me to rethink some of my stances. Which is why I'm looking for it.

Deronn_solo
I believe he said something like all are open for interpretation.

Nai posted the link to his blog post a while back, I have no clue what thread it was on, though.

SunRazer
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Sounds like something he might have said, but I don't remember anything like that in particular.

I believe he did say that the authority of works in the same canon level are determined by what's more recent, number of aligning sources, etc. though, so statements can be disputed by other statements.

That was him explaining the way he sorted out disputed retcons, IIRC. One of the criteria was "which is the coolest explanation?", so if that applied to fans, it'd basically mean that you can accept things arbitrarily.

darthbane77
It would mean that any accolades could be thrown out basically, we'd have to debate solely by feats.

SunRazer
Feats can and have been retconned as well. But as I said, Chee's comment was referring to how the story group decides what's canon, not us.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.