Darth Bane and Darth Revan in The Clone Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlMFtwMgQ5Y&t=25m0s (25:00)

Thougts?

cs_zoltan
Good thing they deleted that shit. Even worse than Maul ragdolling Sidious.

Beniboybling
Bad and dumb yeah, what you would expect from content with two shit characters in.

MythLord
Kekles. The Son bows before Bane and Revan, who gave him a message that Anakin is universal?

Sam Witwer, as always, is at one point doing a great job then at another he's more annoyingly dramatic than Hayden Christensen.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Bad and dumb yeah, what you would expect from content with two shit characters in.
Originally posted by MythLord
Kekles. The Son bows before Bane and Revan, who gave him a message that Anakin is universal?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by MythLord

Sam Witwer, as always, is at one point doing a great job then at another he's more annoyingly dramatic than Hayden Christensen.

The Son really is a pussy ass *****.

Kurk
not that bad tbh

Beniboybling
wow, figures.

Emperordmb
As much as I want Bane wank... that would've been really stupid.

Plus I wouldn't want to deal with the dumbasses who would then be like, "SIDIOUS>SON!!!" since that would be cancer.

Plus Ant would've probably found a way to make some argument for Darth Revan being above every pre-Banite Sith, then arguing Revan's advancement beyond that point.

DarthAnt66
It's hard to tell how good the scene would be.

I wonder who they were considering to voice Revan and the Bane.

Good voice actors plus good music might have made it pretty great.

ares834

Originally posted by Beniboybling

smile

NewGuy01
Lmfao, this is hilarious.

Azronger
I, too, feel that this is dumb. Glad it was cut.

DarthAnt66
When I get the time, I'm adding it to my RT, rofl.

The old StarWars.com databanks confirmed Legends' Son did consult with ancient Sith spirits.

SunRazer
Yeah, dreadful.

Azronger
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
When I get the time, I'm adding it to my RT, rofl.

The old StarWars.com databanks confirmed Legends' Son did consult with ancient Sith spirits.

Quote?

Kurk
Stupendous wave brought up how Lucas didn't like how it portrayed sith as being able to pursue "eternal life" or whatever

ares834

|King Joker|
Good thing they deleted that shit. Even worse than Maul ragdolling Sidious. thumb up

cs_zoltan
@Ares the problem is not the sith spirits, it's that the embodiment of the Dark Side asking for advice from f-ucking mortals.

Deronn_solo
The entire concept of Mortis is shit, lmao.

SunRazer
Mortis was a strange arc but it had a few interesting parallels with the movies. Unfortunately, Darth Bane and Darth Revan's addition was just dreadful and made no sense.

Rockydonovang
thats kinda why they deleted it

Kurk
@Ares the problem is not the sith spirits, it's that the embodiment of the Dark Side asking for advice from f-ucking mortals. That too. Doesn't make any ****ing sense for some god-like entity to be asking those he could ragdoll for advice.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Kurk
Stupendous wave brought up how Lucas didn't like how it portrayed sith as being able to pursue "eternal life" or whatever
hence why the in the season 6 final arc they made that distinction iirc

ares834
@Ares the problem is not the sith spirits, it's that the embodiment of the Dark Side asking for advice from f-ucking mortals.

Not according to Filoni. But yeah, that is pretty stupid.

NewGuy01
It wouldn't be so stupid with more polished dialogue. The Son is powerful, but emotionally unstable; the Sith manipulating him isn't that far out in left field, and could be symbolic of the Sith's ideology of imposing their will on the Force.

I actually do have more of a problem with canon Sith transcending the mortal plane, myself. I feel like the closest thing to immortality the Sith should be able to achieve is something like what we saw in DE.

Maybe it would have worked if they were something like those time-transcending visions the Son showed Anakin.

SunRazer
I don't want DE or something similar making its way back into Canon, either.

MythLord
Why not?

SunRazer
I don't want Sidious returning, period. And certainly not when we have Snoke now. I mean, how much can you undermine a villain's intelligence or their holistic portrayal? Not that I believe it, but if Snoke is Plagueis, then that already undermines Palpatine's character as a whole. If Palpatine returns, then Snoke gets undermined as well.

They should just leave it alone. It also gives Vader's sacrifice more depth.

I mean, I enjoyed some aspects of DE, but I don't think it has any chance of happening again in this day and age, and that's for the better. Also, they ruined Palpatine's character in it, lmao.

Azronger
Originally posted by SunRazer
Also, they ruined Palpatine's character in it, lmao.

???

Azronger
I liked DE I and II, although EE could've been better.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Azronger
???

The way he talks some of the time is pretty hilarious, lol.

They did nail his holistic portrayal, but I mean, if you can't get that right...

NewGuy01
Originally posted by SunRazer
I don't want Sidious returning, period.

I wasn't referring to Palpatine, I meant the mummified corpses on Korriban.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.