Fave Female

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

staxamillion
I just want to know if you have any favorite runs of comics with a female protagonist or female led teams.

I'm rereading the zatanna 2010 run and I was wondering if you guys knew of anything else you could put me onto.

Pig:Destroyer
no

AlmightyKfish
Gail Simone's Birds of Prey run was consistently excellent.

Batgirl v1-3 (The Cass Cain ongoing, Cass mini and the Stephanie Brown ongoing) are great and kinda lead into each other. Similar to these I guess is Batwoman: Elegy which is similarly great.

The Vertigo Madame Xanadu series from around 2008 is a bit weird but awesome if you like that stuff.

And most of the X-23 stuff from Marvel has been pretty good (Innocence Lost, Target X, X-23 v1 and now All-New Wolverine)

I mean there's definitely tons more but that's a few that came straight to mind.

staxamillion
ty man

Pig:Destroyer
no

Galan007
If you're into Indie comics, I highly recommend Ghost. Ghost IS a female protagonist, and the series' are all centered around her... She's f*cking awesome. thumb up

Here is a link:
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/ghost/4005-25085/

AlmightyKfish
Also on the non-big two front, Lazarus is great.

Digi
The Authority when they were led by Jenny Sparks. Was never quite the same after she was gone. Which, of course, coincided pretty closely with Ellis leaving the book, which definitely had more to do with it. But it sticks in my head for that reason.

riv6672
George Perez's Wonder Woman run. No one's done it better.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/7b/17/58/7b17583f76810ced4b203c2c8c614c65.jpg

-Pr-
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Gail Simone's Birds of Prey run was consistently excellent.

That would be my pick. Excellent book in general.

One I would recommend, even though it does have male characters, is Claremont's X-Men run, specifically the point in time that they spent in the desert. It's a very female-centric book at times, dealing with what Rogue, Psylocke and iirc Dazzler go through.

staxamillion
Originally posted by -Pr-
That would be my pick. Excellent book in general.

One I would recommend, even though it does have male characters, is Claremont's X-Men run, specifically the point in time that they spent in the desert. It's a very female-centric book at times, dealing with what Rogue, Psylocke and iirc Dazzler go through.

ty I wasn't looking for just female books just female centric or leads

cool thanks everyone. Cheers

Endless Mike
The Avengers have had female chairpeople a few times. I'm currently covering their history for a respect thread.

staxamillion
right on

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.