What happened to CNN's credibility?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
AOL happened.

At least according to a user on Quora, who claims he used to work there:

https://www.quora.com/Is-CNN-a-credible-news-source-anymore

First reply down.

I love Quora, because you get all kinds of insider professionals giving their two cents on a wide range of topics.

Surtur
People began to mistake them with real news, and ignored any bullshit they spewed.

Why? Because instead of outright lying, they just manipulate facts.

cdtm
Here's the reply I'm talking about:

shiv

uX617T3kkOA

Nh7vV5ZRdc

/

BackFire
Interesting. And worth noting that AT&T will be acquiring Time Warner, which also means they will control CNN. It's possible we might see some changes to CNN under AT&T.

Surtur
Lol I love Don Lemon. This is the guy who said the 4 blacks who kidnapped a white disabled kid just had "bad home lives" or something along those lines.

So honestly? If CNN is truly about to come under new control, I do hope they do not change this policy of letting their anchors say stupid shit.

We'd miss out on gold from Don Lemon and others.

Henry_Pym
Honestly CNN isn't that bad until AOL starts pumping money into politics and the fact they lost hundreds of millions of dollars to someone they were assured had no chance of winning has just driven them insane. They are also fighting against alot of very positive things that Trump has been doing which is making them look bad to centrists.

~my 2 cents.

Surtur
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Honestly CNN isn't that bad until AOL starts pumping money into politics and the fact they lost hundreds of millions of dollars to someone they were assured had no chance of winning has just driven them insane. They are also fighting against alot of very positive things that Trump has been doing which is making them look bad to centrists.

~my 2 cents.

Speaking of losing hundreds of millions to someone who they thought had no chance of winning, if you had to make an educated guess as to which candidate(Trump or Hilary) received the most funding from journalists..who do you think would get that prize?

Like, one person overwhelming gets more money than the other, that is a fact. If you were a betting man, who would you think gets the most?

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Surtur
Speaking of losing hundreds of millions to someone who they thought had no chance of winning, if you had to make an educated guess as to which candidate(Trump or Hilary) received the most funding from journalists..who do you think would get that prize?

Like, one person overwhelming gets more money than the other. If you were a betting man, who would that person be? Hillary raised something like 1.2-1.4 billion and some of her biggest contributors own media companies.

If you only mean journalists themselves, I think it's very obvious. Hillary had far more favorable coverage to the point CNN had given her veto power on stories, editing rights on stories and questions to be asked in interviews and both Donna Brazille and Wolf Blitzer were caught giving her debate questions early.

MSNBC is worse, but their ratings are so low that they really have no impact.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.