Trump tricked us

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raisen
Latest news is that Trump wants to have open borders and allow all mexican people in. Take all unvetted refugees regardless if they are extremists or not. He also showed support for abortion at any age just so that damn kid won't phuck up a woman's personal life. He's signing a bill to allow unlimited welfare for all. He's also for sentence reductions for murderers and pedos...after all its societies fault after all. Given this 180 turn how do you guys feel about him now?

Raisen
Apparently he signed an e.o. allowing gay people to get gay in public and banned anything resembling a gun including drawings of guns.

cdtm
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/refugees-immigrants-wall-trump.html

Flyattractor
I also hear he has made it so women can now be drafted.

So YAY FOR EQUAL RIGHTS!

jaden101
I heard getting child hookers to piss on you will be mandatory in law.

BackFire
When? Soon? Now!?

jaden101
Originally posted by BackFire
When? Soon? Now!?

He's signing the executive order with his burnt sienna crayola crayon today.

Surtur
I think Raisen tapped into an alternate universe where Hilary Clinton won the election and he saw how it turned out.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I also hear he has made it so women can now be drafted.

So YAY FOR EQUAL RIGHTS!

I personally love how this was done at a point in our history where we are unlikely to have a draft again. Do you think the feminists of the 1960s demanded to be able to fight in Vietnam?

Beniboybling
What a stupid question. laughing out loud

snowdragon
Originally posted by Beniboybling

What a stupid statement. Happy Dance

Surtur

What do you feel the answer is?

Beniboybling
I'll leave you to work it out. But here's a clue:

http://www.history.com/topics/vietnam-war/vietnam-war-protests

Surtur
I'll leave you to work it out. But here's a clue:

http://www.history.com/topics/vietnam-war/vietnam-war-protests

Okay, so you're unintelligent and yet call others stupid? Okie dokie.

Did I ask about Vietnam protests? Did I ask if they thought the war was just? Nope, just wondered if(in their cries for equality) they wanted true equality all across the board, like the chance to be drafted into war. That does not mean they would have wanted to fight, I am asking if they wanted that much equality.

We could phrase it another way if you want: did they demand the right to be drafted, so they could burn their draft cards in protest with all the men who were doing so?

Beniboybling
I said your question was stupid darling, but I am starting to think you are too.

You can't separate the draft from participation in the war, they happen to be intrinsically linked. So why on earth would feminists demand to be signed up to fight in the Vietnam War, that they flagrantly opposed, so they can protest against being signed up for it?

But yes Surtur you are right, if they were real feminists they would have show solidarity and added themselves to the body count, like proper egalitarians.

Surtur
I said your question was stupid darling, but I am starting to think you are too.

You can't separate the draft from participation in the war, they happen to be intrinsically linked. So why on earth would feminists demand to be signed up to fight in the Vietnam War, that they flagrantly opposed, so they can protest against being signed up for it?

But yes Surtur you are right, if they were real feminists they would have show solidarity and added themselves to the body count, like proper egalitarians.

We can separate the topics though. I just did. Boom, separated. We aren't talking about protests. We're talking about the demands for equality.

Or did you just mean they wanted equality only when it benefited them? If you lack the intellectual capacity to separate these things that is fine.

Anyways, giving your attitude I assume you weren't one of the people whining about Trump dodging the draft.

Beniboybling
facepalm

Let me explain this to you simply Surtur: what feminists demand is equal rights between men and women, not equal treatment. To be drafted into the military without your consent to fight in an immoral war that is not your choosing is not a right, it is oppression, so it would be entirely counterintuitive for a feminist who explictly opposed and protested against that brand of oppression, to also demand it be applied for them in the name of "equality."

On the other hand did feminists demand the right to volunteer to fight for their country? Absolutely. And they got it. So please stop with these nonsense suggestions that by somehow not wanting to be sent into a meat grinder against their will makes them hypocrites.

Surtur
facepalm

Let me explain this to you simply Surtur: what feminists demand is equal rights between men and women, not equal treatment. To be drafted into the military without your consent to fight in an immoral war that is not your choosing is not a right, it is oppression, so it would be entirely counterintuitive for a feminist who explictly opposed and protested against that brand of oppression, to also demand it be applied for them in the name of "equality."

You used a lot of words in what could essentially be boiled down to "they don't want laws applied equally".

Beniboybling
Concession accepted you clown. laughing out loud

Surtur
Concession accepted you clown. laughing out loud

Lmao, I love it when people do this. It reeks of desperation. Which is why it's a favorite tactic of Quan.

Women want equality under the law, the right to do anything a man can do, except be drafted. I understand.

Beniboybling
It's what I say when someone dodges responding because they know they're wrong yeah.

Originally posted by Surtur
Women want equality under the law, the right to do anything a man can do, except be drafted. I understand. Yes, just like whites demanded the right to be enslaved, or to have their marriage rights taken away.

Are you really this stupid?

Surtur
It's what I say when someone dodges responding because they know they're wrong yeah.

Yes, just like whites demanded the right to be enslaved, or to have their marriage rights taken away.

Are you really this stupid?

Holy shit, did this person really just try to compare it to slavery or marriage rights being taken away? Followed by calling someone else stupid?

I've noticed the people on this board who shout the loudest about the intelligence of others, tend to say a lot of stupid shit and really have trouble not using false equivalencies.

Beniboybling
Yes you numbskull, I compared being made without your consent to kill and be killed for your country, to being enslaved and having your marriage rights taken away, because they are all forms of oppression.

Now are you going to make an actual attempt to respond to my point, or should I just expect more strawman and evasion?

Surtur
Yes you numbskull, I compared being made without your consent to kill and be killed for your country, to being enslaved and having your marriage rights taken away, because they are all forms of oppression.

Now are you going to make an actual attempt to respond to my point, or should I expect more strawman and evasion?

Lol dude, we can get to that when you stop saying stupid shit.

For instance, going by the logic you just spouted: I could compare stealing a $1 candy bar from the gas station to the gang rape and murder of a child. They are both forms of crime, correct?

Beniboybling
You should have got to it on the previous page, instead you resorted to a shameless attempt at strawman.

And yes you should, in the respect that they are both crimes which should be punished, anything else to add?

You've attempted to make this about magnitude when that has nothing to do with it, oppression comes in many forms and no matter how small never constitutes a right, or something to be suffered - not that being drafted into the military is small oppression by any means.

Surtur
You should have got to in on the prievous page, instead you resorted to a shameless attempt at strawman.

And yes you should, in the respect that they are both crimes which should be punished, anything else to add?

I apologize I just can't help but laugh at you lol. I see the things you say, the things you just said..and then I remember(yep, that pesky memory) that you were one of the people comparing anti trumpers blocking people with tanks rolling down the street. Or if you weren't the one who originally brought it up, you were one of those who jumped on it as a legit comparison lol.

Your comparisons constantly amuse me.

Lol dude, you are comparing being drafted to slavery and marriage rights being taken away. Would you say those drafted during WW2 were enslaved? I want to see you say they were enslaved lol. Or is it only enslavement if it's an unjust war? Just trying to figure out where you stand.

But just going by your attitude, you weren't one of the people complaining Trump dodged the draft, right? Cuz the dude just dodged enslavement, so that would be a good thing. Thus anyone complaining over Trump doing that would be complaining he didn't want to be enslaved, which is stupid as hell, agreed?

Surtur
Guys my grandpa was drafted in WW2, I'm descended from slaves. Where muh reparations? Gotta go grocery shopping now. My first time shopping knowing my past family members were enslaved just several decades ago.

Beniboybling
I apologize I just can't help but laugh at you lol. I see the things you say, the things you just said..and then I remember(yep, that pesky memory) that you were one of the people comparing anti trumpers blocking people with tanks rolling down the street. Or if you weren't the one who originally brought it up, you were one of those who jumped on it as a legit comparison lol.Sorry but that's not a response. Try again.

But yes you made the same logical error in that regard as well. Which I corrected. Pesky memory indeed.

OK, so your plan to avoid addressing my point is to latch on to this comparison until I lose interest? How unexpected.

But no, I don't plan to answer questions that as I explained are besides the point. Try your best to understand that comparing one thing to another is not the equivalent of equating them.

But just going by your attitude, you weren't one of the people complaining Trump dodged the draft, right? Cuz the dude just dodged enslavement, so that would be a good thing. Thus anyone complaining over Trump doing that would be complaining he didn't want to be enslaved, which is stupid as hell, agreed? Nope. Trump dodging the draft is ironic but hardly objectionable.

Surtur
Sorry but that's not a response. Try again.

But yes you made the same logical error in that regard as well. Which I corrected. Pesky memory indeed.

OK, so your plan to avoid addressing my point is to latch on to this comparison until I lose interest? How unexpected.

But no, I don't plan to answer questions that as I explained are besides the point.

Lmao, your explanations and "corrections" are bullshit though. You *think* you corrected someone. You are not some math teacher who just told a student 2+2=4 not 5. You gave an opinion, that is all.

But anyways, I'm descended from slaves, right? Me grampy. Gotta go do some shopping, my first time knowing I'm descended from slaves.

Beniboybling
They are not opinions friend, it is a fact that comparing one thing to another is not the same as equating them. And it's a fact that my point had nothing to do with them being of equal magnitude, but merely forms of oppression. Saying "well that's just your opinion!" is just a cheap tacky excuse for someone incapable of a proper rebuttal.

Now hurry up with your response to my argument, I'm still waiting.

Surtur
They are not opinions friend, it is a fact that comparing one thing to another is not the same as equating them. And it's a fact that my point had nothing to do with them being of equal magnitude, but merely forms of oppression. Saying "well that's just your opinion!" is just a cheap tacky excuse for someone incapable of a proper rebuttal.

But your opinion is just a cop out though. Why are you just listing different forms of oppression of vastly varying scales? How does this help your argument, is I guess my question.

Feminists demand equal rights under the law. By law, men have to register for the draft. Being able to volunteer is completely different.

Also, some feminists do indeed say they want equal treatment. So it's hard to take you seriously and especially when you seem to be keen to draw attention to the silly things you say. Some want equal treatment to men, in all aspects, even outside the law. For instance, I've seen feminists who get upset if a man decides to hold a door open for them or to pull out a chair for them. Obviously it's not all, but some do indeed behave that way.

I suppose you could say those people aren't "true" feminists.

Beniboybling
But your opinion is just a cop out though. Why are you just listing different forms of oppression of vastly varying scales? How does this help your argument, is I guess my question.It's not a cop out your just grasping at something irrelevant. If you criticise feminists for not demanding they be subject to oppressive laws in the name of equality, you criticise whites for not demanding they be subject to anti-black laws or straights for anti-gay laws. There is no logic to equality of oppression, and that's not what feminism stands for.

Quite, because the draft is not a right, the ability to volunteer for service is.

Silly is what you get when you tragically misinterpret someone's point yeah, but your intellectual shortcomings aren't my problem.

And what feminists want is fair treatment, forcing someone into service is not fair, debate whether chivalry is outmoded or not in your own time.

On the other hand, why are you comparing holding a door open to the draft? That seems vastly varying in scale. mmm

Surtur
It's not a cop out your just grasping at something irrelevant. If you criticise feminists for not demanding they be subject to oppressive laws in the name of equality, you criticise whites for not demanding they be subject to anti-black laws or straights for anti-gay laws. There is no logic to equality of oppression, and that's not what feminism stands for.

Lol but this assumes one views those laws as oppressive though. I don't view the draft as oppressive. That was you who put that idea forth.

They want to be treated equally under the law, thus..how does this not apply to laws that apply against men applying to them as well?

NewGuy01
If you criticise feminists for not demanding they be subject to oppressive laws in the name of equality, you criticise whites for not demanding they be subject to anti-black laws.

If 19th century whites complained about blacks being a priveledged class for some bogus reason and demanded equality, I'd absolutely criticize them for that, yeah. roll eyes (sarcastic)

snowdragon
facepalm

Let me explain this to you simply Surtur: what feminists demand is equal rights between men and women, not equal treatment.

Are there certain rights afforded men by law that women don't have?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by NewGuy01
If 19th century whites complained about blacks being a priveledged class for some bogus reason and demanded equality, I'd absolutely criticize them for that, yeah. roll eyes (sarcastic) That's not what I said at all, kek. smile

Beniboybling
Lol but this assumes one views those laws as oppressive though. I don't view the draft as oppressive. That was you who put that idea forth.Lol sure it isn't. Nothing oppressive with forcing people without their consent to go fight and die in a foreign land, nothing at all.

Anyway your opinion is relevant here, 1960s feminists were very much opposed to the draft on moral grounds.

Are you just being wilfully obstinate at this point? I've already explained the error here a dozen times, go be a broken record elsewhere.

Surtur
Lol sure it isn't. Nothing oppressive with forcing people without their consent to go fight and die in a foreign land, nothing at all.

I see. What an interesting view.

Thanks I guess.

It's okay man calm down.

Raisen
#triggered

cdtm
Originally posted by Raisen
Latest news is that Trump wants to have open borders and allow all mexican people in.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/politics/mexico-president-donald-trump-enrique-pena-nieto-border-wall/index.html

???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.