Nexus Quotes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
So I came to the realization that I've never actually seen a quote or passage that directly states that a Nexus (light or dark) negatively affects individuals of the opposite Force alignment. Does anybody have any of these quotes? Because up until this point I've really just been trusting you people's word on this topic.

Azronger
We have a thread for this, you know? Anyway, here:

Characters with a connection to the Force can feel the ever-present evil that permeates a dark side site. Characters who have levels in a Force user class might experience challenges, tests, temptation, or even visions while within the influence of a dark side site. Staying focused, calling on the light side of the Force, even keeping one's own fear in check proves difficult inside the dark emanations of such a location. For this reason, characters sometimes have a harder time concentrating, using skills, defending themselves, or making attacks while bathed in the aura of a dark side site.

-Dark Side Sourcebook

darthbane77
Originally posted by Azronger
We have a thread for this, you know? Anyway, here:

Characters with a connection to the Force can feel the ever-present evil that permeates a dark side site. Characters who have levels in a Force user class might experience challenges, tests, temptation, or even visions while within the influence of a dark side site. Staying focused, calling on the light side of the Force, even keeping one's own fear in check proves difficult inside the dark emanations of such a location. For this reason, characters sometimes have a harder time concentrating, using skills, defending themselves, or making attacks while bathed in the aura of a dark side site.

-Dark Side Sourcebook I know, but I didn't feel like looking for it. Anyway, thanks.

cs_zoltan
That thread is f-ucking pinned you imbecile.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
That thread is f-ucking pinned you imbecile.

Petrus
Originally posted by darthbane77
So I came to the realization that I've never actually seen a quote or passage that directly states that a Nexus (light or dark) negatively affects individuals of the opposite Force alignment. Does anybody have any of these quotes? Because up until this point I've really just been trusting you people's word on this topic.

It's also stated in Revan, when Surik arrives in DK, I think. But yeah go to the pinned thread you dumb****.

SunRazer
There's also this, which specifically refers to DS nexuses.

And yeah, you ****ers should start using the pinned thread. yes

cs_zoltan
What about dark siders on a light side nexus?

SunRazer
That's never stated. Probably because LS nexues are pretty much never depicted (I only recall the TFU novel or comic, whichever one it was).

As far as I know (and this is supported by the paragraph preceding the quote I posted above), there's only supposed to be Force nexuses, which are natural, and dark side nexuses, which are corrupt versions of Force nexuses.

Beniboybling
Nah LS nexuses exist, Felucia is one of them.

SunRazer
Yeah, per that one source which introduced a completely new concept.

Don't expect sourcebooks to be following up on that.

Azronger
Plagueis mentioned the Jedi had turned the galaxy into a light side nexus. Or at least that's how I interpreted it.

SunRazer
Where?

Azronger
Where an extremely low midi-chlorian count might have bolstered the odds of survival, nature had instead made the ysalimir species strong in the Force. So strong, in fact, that several of the creatures acting in concert could create a Force bubble encompassing kilometers rather than meters. In a sense, the Jedi Order had done the same on a galactic scale, Plagueis believed, by bathing the galaxy in the energy of the light side of the Force; or more accurately by fashioning a Force bubble that had prevented infiltration by the dark side, until Tenebrous's Master had succeeded in bursting the bubble, or at least shrinking it. How the Order's actions could be thought of as balancing the Force had baffled generations of Sith, who harbored no delusions regarding the Force's ability to self-regulate.

-Darth Plagueis

SunRazer
He literally says right after that that a more accurate way of putting it would be "fashioning a Force bubble that prevented infiltration by the dark side".

Beniboybling
The Jedi Temple is also described as a LS nexus in RotS novel and "light side vergences" are described in FFG's sourcebooks.

Originally posted by SunRazer
He literally says right after that that a more accurate way of putting it would be "fashioning a Force bubble that prevented infiltration by the dark side". That doesn't preclude it being of the light side. erm

Azronger
Which is basically just a fancy way of saying a light side nexus.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

SunRazer
Quotes? I remember someone tried to offer a quote for the RotS novel saying it was an LS nexus.

Are they stated to hinder dark siders?

SunRazer
Originally posted by Beniboybling
That doesn't preclude it being of the light side. erm

That doesn't indicate that either.

Although I suppose on a historical basis it could well count as a light side nexus.

Azronger

Yes it does, lol. What else could prevent the "infiltration of the dark side", than the light?

Beniboybling

Although I suppose on a historical basis it could well count as a light side nexus. No, the part where it says the Jedi bathed the galaxy in the light side does...

cs_zoltan
The Jedi Temple was the greatest nexus of Force energy in the Republic; its ziggurat design focused the Force the way a lightsaber's gemstone focused its energy stream. With the thousands of Jedi and Padawans within it every day contemplating peace, seeking knowledge, and meditating on justice and surrender to the will of the Force, the Temple was a fountain of the light.

The Temple was still the greatest nexus of Force energy on the planet, perhaps even the galaxy, and it was unquestionably the best place in the galaxy for intense, focused meditation.

Sounds more like a Force Nexus, than Light Side Nexus tbh.

Azronger
A "fountain of light" would certainly point to it being a light side nexus.

SunRazer
The Jedi Temple was the greatest nexus of Force energy in the Republic; its ziggurat design focused the Force the way a lightsaber's gemstone focused its energy stream. With the thousands of Jedi and Padawans within it every day contemplating peace, seeking knowledge, and meditating on justice and surrender to the will of the Force, the Temple was a fountain of the light.

The Temple was still the greatest nexus of Force energy on the planet, perhaps even the galaxy, and it was unquestionably the best place in the galaxy for intense, focused meditation.

Sounds more like a Force Nexus, than Light Side Nexus tbh.

Intrepid once gave me the RotS novel quote for it being an LS nexus and I remembered it being unconvincing.

This one says the Temple was a "fountain of light", so I assume that's what they're going for.

Beniboybling
A "fountain of light" would certainly point to it being a light side nexus. Yeah, and from Nexus of Power:

cs_zoltan
Because the Jedi used it for meditating and seeking knowledge and other jedi shit, not because it's inherently light erm

The novel names it a nexus of Force energy twice, not a nexus of light side energy.

SunRazer
No, the part where it says the Jedi bathed the galaxy in the light side does...

Which he immediately goes on to say is more accurately worded by the "bubble thing", as I said.

Yes it does, lol. What else could prevent the "infiltration of the dark side", than the light?

That's why I just conceded that it's likely on a historical basis since it tends to be a light side power that wards off the dark side.

Azronger
Because the Jedi used it for meditating and seeking knowledge and other jedi shit, not because it's inherently light erm

The novel names it a nexus of Force energy twice, not a nexus of light side energy.

Light side energy is still Force energy, lol.

SunRazer

thumb up

Beniboybling
Which he immediately goes on to say is more accurately worded by the "bubble thing", as I said.Yeah which doesn't preclude it being a light side nexus, like I said. erm

He's obviously referring to the bathing part.

Light side energy is still Force energy, lol. Yeah no idea why Razer and Zoltan are assuming differently.

Beniboybling

The novel names it a nexus of Force energy twice, not a nexus of light side energy. No because its a light side vergence, which they built over i.e. before all that shit started kek.

I mean you realise Nexus of Power is literally all about Force nexuses??

cs_zoltan
Light side energy is still Force energy, lol.

So is dark side energy, yet a clear distinction is made when talking about dark side nexuses. A force nexus, used by a jedi can be a fountain of light without being a light side nexus.

SunRazer
Yeah which doesn't preclude it being a light side nexus, like I said. erm

He's obviously referring to the bathing part.

It doesn't preclude anything, but it doesn't indicate that it's a light side nexus either. The entire galaxy didn't become a light side nexus given the continued prevalence of DS nexuses and the emergence of new ones in that time.

Also, regarding your Tenebrous thread, it's worth noting that Plagueis mentions being trained by Tenebrous for at least as many years as the average human lifespan, which means that Tenebrous' reign would've been 70+ years and thus would've allowed him to surpass his own master by a more considerable amount.

It also ties in with your point about how Tenebrous could pump out Venamis, a Plagueis rival, in the span of just two decades.

Beniboybling
I'm not going to ask if you are daft anymore, because I know you are. smile

Tenebrous describes the Jedi as having bathed the galaxy in the light side and goes on to safe more accurately, a Force bubble. He's not contradicting his previous statement, and nothing he says does contradicts it, he's just adding more detail and definition. For example if I were to say I'm holding a sharp pointy thing, or more accurately a sword, that doesn't make the sword any less sharp or pointy.

He also says that it protected them from the dark side, and Tenebrous' master had to rend a hole in the Force in order to start influencing them. So no it seems legit, and I wouldn't start making assumptions about the technicalities, could just exist on a "higher" cosmic plane.

But yeah, good point.

Deronn_solo
Also, regarding your Tenebrous thread, it's worth noting that Plagueis mentions being trained by Tenebrous for at least as many years as the average human lifespan, which means that Tenebrous' reign would've been 70+ years and thus would've allowed him to surpass his own master by a more considerable amount.

It also ties in with your point about how Tenebrous could pump out Venamis, a Plagueis rival, in the span of just two decades.

Tenebrous supporters are so desperate laughing out loud

SunRazer
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Tenebrous supporters are so desperate laughing out loud

Tenebrous haters are brain-damaged. smile

I post all evidence that I find, not just for Tenebrous, anyway. You need to troll better.

SunRazer
I'm not going to ask if you are daft anymore, because I know you are. smile

Tenebrous describes the Jedi as having bathed the galaxy in the light side and goes on to safe more accurately, a Force bubble. He's not contradicting his previous statement, and nothing he says does contradicts it, he's just adding more detail and definition.

He also says that it protected them from the dark side, and Tenebrous' master had to rend a whole in the Force in order to start influencing them. So no it seems legit, and I wouldn't start making assumptions about the technicalities tbh.

But yeah, good point.

Tenebrous? Wasn't that Plagueis?

Anyway, as I said, Azronger's interpretation that the entire galaxy became a light side nexus is not accurate because dark side nexuses continued to exist during that time, and new ones formed around that time as well. Bathing the galaxy in the light side doesn't mean that such LS energies would've remained as nexuses. In fact, the word "bathe" carries the connotation of a one-time thing.

Beniboybling
Yeah Plagueis my bad. And I edited:

So no it seems legit, and I wouldn't start making assumptions about the technicalities, could just exist on a "higher" cosmic plane.

The Force is split into two parts, living and cosmic. We know Force nexuses on planets and stuff are made up of living force, so this could just be cosmic and therefore separate.

Indeed despite Sidious spreading his darkness throughout the entire galaxy as early as RotS, light side energy still existed on places like Dagobah, the Jedi Temple and Felucia.

And no its obviously sustained, or the Sith wouldn't have to work against it. Force bubble in the contexts of the yslamari, bearing permanent connotations.

SunRazer
Which doesn't matter, because I was disputing the idea of the galaxy turning into a light side nexus.

EDIT: To your edit, the bubble was sustained, but the bathing in light side wasn't necessarily.

Beniboybling
OK, fair enough.

darthbane77
I've tried using the the other thread in the past, I get answers faster doing it this way. So I'm going to continue doing so, now just to spite you all.

Deronn_solo
So I'm going to continue doing so, now just to spite you all.

We'll make sure just to ignore you then. laughing out loud

Ursumeles
I've tried using the the other thread in the past, I get answers faster doing it this way. So I'm going to continue doing so, now just to spite you all.
Reported. smile
Nah, just use it kek. It's easier that way.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
We'll make sure just to ignore you then. laughing out loud Go ahead. I can get my answers elsewhere, your attention isn't required.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, but you're not gonna get it by spamming the forum with threads if we already have one especially made for it.

I know this is KMC, but at least show some degree of consideration - you're asking for four help, not the other way around.

Revanchiste

Darth side enxus can powered Rakattan starships, enve starfleets.

The star forge was powered by Rakatta prime, that is why the Rakatat could use it..... Before it became A Darkside nexus itself.... And start eating the Darkside power from Rakatta prime....And eat all the Rakatta Dark side aura....

So you know Revan andmalak being litteraly walking Dark side enxus tehsemlf... WIth Revan being as bad as Grifith in berserk..... Excep that Revan is a littmle bit less childish...

Well sidiosu and Vitiate were laso dark side nexus themself.....

SO you know that acknowledge it rpoove that your theory is wrong..

But I think it is stated anyway within KotOR and other star wars product so... IN the otehr hand...

I think it kinda depend on the individuals subjected to it and the kind of influence the enxus exerce, SOme dark side enxus do not have an opressive influence, but rather a corrupting one : Like the one on Malchor V, teh trayus academmy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.