Morality question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raisen
We all seem to be a little self righteous on here. I would like to pose a serious question and see serious responses. If a kidnapper had you and three of your closest loved ones held hostage and with 100 percent certainty would release your loved ones if you shot yourself...would you do it? I have a feeling the Christian people would. Please answer truthfully and directly.

Bashar Teg
what a pathetic plea for self-validation.

Raisen
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Thanks broseph

NewGuy01
Don't Christians believe that suicide means eternal suffering in hell? If I were Christian, I'd actually be inclined towards the opposite; after all, this 80-odd-year mortal life would be insignificant compared to the eternal bliss of heaven or torment of hell. My number 1 priority here on earth would be making sure my family and I live by god's rules, saving our mortal lives would be secondary.

Yeah, thank god I don't believe in that nonsense. I'd get them killed for sure.

Raisen
Man. Such direct responses here.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Triggered.

Robtard
Trying to make yourself feel morally superior to other groups, that's totes something Jesus taught, Raisen thumb up

Raisen
Originally posted by Robtard
Trying to make yourself feel morally superior to other groups, that's totes something Jesus taught, Raisen thumb up

Answer the question broseph. You know I throw extra shit in there for reason.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SwYd5cRlROE/sddefault.jpg

Adam_PoE
I reflexively stepped in front of an armed gunman to shield my brother and sister, and I am an Atheist.

It was not an act of selflessness per se, because I did not consider my own well-being.

I could not think rationally in the moment; the only thought I could think was to put something between them and the gun.

It was not until I was staring down the barrel of the gun that it occurred to me that I could die.

My mind went blank, and I could not will myself to think or move.

He did not seem prepared to pull the trigger, and it deescalated pretty quickly.

I do not know how long the episode lasted, but it probably felt longer than it was.

I learned a number of things from the experience, particularly how and why people behave certain ways in high-stress situations, but also about my personal attitudes and values.

Silent Master
Just kill the kidnapper, problem solved.

cdtm
Originally posted by Silent Master
Just kill the kidnapper, problem solved.

Lol, first thing I thought, too.

He put a gun in your hand, sooo..

Flyattractor
Not me. I am a self admitted A-Hole.

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Not me. I am a self admitted A-Hole.

This kind of thing ever happens, want to bet at least a few people would thank the kidnapper and do their family themselves?

shiv
Originally posted by Raisen
We all seem to be a little self righteous on here. I would like to pose a serious question and see serious responses. If a kidnapper had you and three of your closest loved ones held hostage and with 100 percent certainty would release your loved ones if you shot yourself...would you do it? I have a feeling the Christian people would. Please answer truthfully and directly.

If I were to do this. I wouldn't

2 of the three would have me in a recovery position.

1 would leave to go for help.

What we would do

Our response to the kindly kidnapper would be:

Let's all walk out together. In a Line. In a bunch. 2 on each side.
We'll protect you. And we'll speak in your defense. We'll walk with you. We'll walk out right beside you.

shiv
No one gets left behind.

Raisen
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I reflexively stepped in front of an armed gunman to shield my brother and sister, and I am an Atheist.

It was not an act of selflessness per se, because I did not consider my own well-being.

I could not think rationally in the moment; the only thought I could think was to put something between them and the gun.

It was not until I was staring down the barrel of the gun that it occurred to me that I could die.

My mind went blank, and I could not will myself to think or move.

He did not seem prepared to pull the trigger, and it deescalated pretty quickly.

I do not know how long the episode lasted, but it probably felt longer than it was.

I learned a number of things from the experience, particularly how and why people behave certain ways in high-stress situations, but also about my personal attitudes and values.
What a stud

Adam Grimes
I would talk him into killing himself.

carthage
So the guy gives me a gun?

I'd shoot him without a second thought and probably keep shooting his corpse

shiv
Blanks. Dry Fire. Firing Pin Removed. Misfire. Problem.

jaden101
Shoot yourself where. I might consider sacrificing a pinky-toe for one or two family. Maybe.

Nah **** it.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Raisen
What a stud

I pull a lot of dudes.

Mindset
I have no morals.

Raisen
All of you are phucking up my retarded hypothetical. You can't just shoot the phucking guy.

Silent Master
Sure I can, I'm actually a fairly good shot.

Raisen
Originally posted by Silent Master
Sure I can, I'm actually a fairly good shot.

Quit phucking up my thread shiit bird. It takes me a lot of energy to troll this poorly

Kurk
An hero basically?

Well there are a few flaws here:
I am an extremely materialistic, borderline-sociopathic, person who doesn't particularly care for anyone, so it's hard to relate to the situation.

Would I kill myself to save 3 people? No. not at all.

I would an hero maybe if I knew the aggressor was going to torture me or something. Otherwise no, I don't gaf.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.